Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 1,838
    edited October 2020
    Those are the terms of the contract. If you don’t like the terms then don’t sign the contract.

Your option after the lease is to buy it out and finance it at the prevailing rate.

If you break the terms of the lease that you agreed to when you signed the lease contract then you suffer a financial impact. Again, this should be common sense- it certainly is here in the Midwest.

I don’t understand your not agreeing to excess wear and tear. I’m sure you would not like it if you loaned your car to someone who brought it back with bald tires and dents larger than a credit card on each body panel. The lease companies need to protect the value of their asset.

I’m sure that sure that parking a car in Tijuana would probably not work out well. Probably no missing parts or new dents after sitting there for a year.

Leasing didn’t work out for you. It does work well for others

• andres3andres3 Southern CAMember Posts: 12,648
    edited October 2020
    mjfloyd1 said:

Those are the terms of the contract. If you don’t like the terms then don’t sign the contract.

Your option after the lease is to buy it out and finance it at the prevailing rate.

If you break the terms of the lease that you agreed to when you signed the lease contract then you suffer a financial impact. Again, this should be common sense- it certainly is here in the Midwest.

I don’t understand your not agreeing to excess wear and tear. I’m sure you would not like it if you loaned your car to someone who brought it back with bald tires and dents larger than a credit card on each body panel. The lease companies need to protect the value of their asset.

I’m sure that sure that parking a car in Tijuana would probably not work out well. Probably no missing parts or new dents after sitting there for a year.

Leasing didn’t work out for you. It does work well for others

The problem is that none of the terms of my lease agreement were broken or breached. The car was returned without any damage, with all parts and pieces as delivered when new, and 4 brand new tires precisely to avoid a somewhat subjective argument on "excess wear and tear." There is simply an alleged "loss of 2nd Key FOB" by Kia Finance and the Kia Dealership by virtue of their FUNDAMENTALLY flawed system of vehicle return. There is no credible proof the 2nd Key FOB was never returned. They merely state it as their opinion based on paperwork taken at the pre-inspection which was over 45 days prior to the vehicle return date. A lot can happen in 45 days. I could have lost a Key FOB, or bought 50 Key FOB's in 45 days.

I agree that the car should be returned in acceptable condition, the problem is you don't know which appraiser the bank will hire and what their level of subjectivity is until after it happens. I'm glad that was not an issue on my lease. I credit that in large part to my taking the trouble to have a pre-inspect done prior to the return of the vehicle. I've had worse experiences with landlords at Apartments stealing deposits; particularly in college towns (that's a racket too).

If the car was stolen in Tijuana that would be ideal, as gap insurance covers any upside down amount, and I don't think the insurance agents would ask for a 2nd key FOB to be proven stolen before shortchanging my payout by $350. :smile:

P.S. Don't give the Insurance companies any ideas now! :angry:
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    You keep changing what you are talking about. I would like to say that I am surprised but I am not. All I get is a rambling word salad

Unfortunately you have no receipt or photo showing the 2 key fobs

Your beef is with the dealership that you returned the key fobs to. Or if you are even more paranoid then Kia Finance is out to get you. Seriously??

It’s not worth trying to reason with you. Nothing is your fault. You get a speeding ticket and it is APRs fault or some other convoluted story.

It is time to realize that sh&t happens, man up and move on
    edited October 2020
    mjfloyd1 said:

You keep changing what you are talking about. I would like to say that I am surprised but I am not. All I get is a rambling word salad

Unfortunately you have no receipt or photo showing the 2 key fobs

Your beef is with the dealership that you returned the key fobs to. Or if you are even more paranoid then Kia Finance is out to get you. Seriously??

It’s not worth trying to reason with you. Nothing is your fault. You get a speeding ticket and it is APRs fault or some other convoluted story.

It is time to realize that sh&t happens, man up and move on

I don't understand why you use such weak arguments to defend filthy human scum that makes "sh&T" happen. Bankers and Insurance employees seem to routinely do this. Kia Finance acted in bad faith from the very start of the dispute so I have no other experience with them to go by. Is the dealership filthy and scummy too? Probably.

I've never blamed APR for a speeding ticket, but I do see a strong correlation between bankers and insurance workers and "Sh&T" happening.

I just can't find the strong correlation coincidental.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    edited October 2020
    The world is out to get you. Every single time something happens.

I’m not making any argument other than pointing out that you are an extremely paranoid person.

I’m not defending the Kia dealership or Kia Finance. I’m merely pointing out that you have as much evidence as they do -None. No one can protect your interests other than you. If you think car dealerships and finance companies are filthy and scummy then you need to ask for a receipt for the two key fobs or take a picture showing the two key fobs were returned.

You do in fact blame everything on someone else. “Other bad drivers” comes to mind.

You did get a speeding ticket and say that it was due to the APR tune. It surely wasn’t because you pushed the gas pedal down too far.

You think that Police give tickets to Audi drivers because they target Audi drivers. I got a ticket in my RS7 because I was speeding. Nothing more and nothing less.
  • sdasda Indian Land, SCMember Posts: 4,695
    Peace pipe guys

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

edited October 2020
    mjfloyd1 said:

The world is out to get you. Every single time something happens.

I’m not making any argument other than pointing out that you are an extremely paranoid person.

I’m not defending the Kia dealership or Kia Finance. I’m merely pointing out that you have as much evidence as they do -None. No one can protect your interests other than you. If you think car dealerships and finance companies are filthy and scummy then you need to ask for a receipt for the two key fobs or take a picture showing the two key fobs were returned.

You do in fact blame everything on someone else. “Other bad drivers” comes to mind.

You did get a speeding ticket and say that it was due to the APR tune. It surely wasn’t because you pushed the gas pedal down too far.

You think that Police give tickets to Audi drivers because they target Audi drivers. I got a ticket in my RS7 because I was speeding. Nothing more and nothing less.

There are many "other bad drivers." Saying "other bad drivers" doesn't mean I'm a bad driver. I suppose things that are written can be interpreted in different ways. Another way to say it is that there are many bad drivers on the roadway mingling with the good drivers.

Following some car groups on social media has confirmed this. I am always amazed at how frequently you see posts of someone getting their car wrecked, either in a minor parking lot hit and run, or in a more major 2-moving car collision.

I never said Police target Audi drivers. I never said a speeding ticket was due to an APR tune. I might have stated that the tune contributed to my speed, but make no mistake, living in CA where the max speed is 65 and the 85th percentile might very well be 20 above that, the law could find me guilty at any time of speeding. With or without APR I'm exceeding 65; so if I was to blame APR, it might only be for a small % of the fine amount which is increased in CA for every MPH over the speed limit you go up to 25 MPH I think. After 25+ you hit the "max speed" fine range, with 100+ being another fine category too (separate VC).

I'm stating it here for the record, APR is not to blame for my speeding ticket, that last high speed ticket was in the Alltrack, which is no speed demon. I don't think Police target particular models or car colors actually. I didn't get more tickets when I drove a bright red S4 vs. a White Kia Optima.

I do think Police target roads and zones known to be particularly exaggeratedly under-posted as to the speed limit. Areas where the politicians decided to ignore or coerced the Traffic Engineers to ignore the objective 85th percentile method, and come up with their own lower speed limit for no discernible reason whatsoever that makes any sense. Higher accident area? Nope, checked that, 1/6th the average for one, 1/8th the average for another. So it seems, these extra low speed limit posted roads were some of the safest around to me.

I15 where the speed limit drops from 70 to 65 MPH about 5 miles north of Escondido (coming South) is another one that comes to mind. I think the argument would be it's a "city" Interstate and therefore congested with more traffic, but the problem with that is I was cited during a low congestion low traffic condition.

I know not all cops ARE BAD. But there's enough "chicken sh&&" cops out there to ruin it for everyone. I should knock on wood, I feel like my on the job training and ranting has made a dent with the CHP's methods and focus. I feel like I've contributed my part to a higher prevailing average speed, bringing average speeds up, and also got more of the CHP to focus more on the 100+ super speeders so they can let the rest drive freely. There seems to be a happy median peace treaty/cease fire going, but knocking on wood again, I might just be saying that because I haven't got a ticket since that Alltrack incident.
    edited October 2020
    I am left with more questions than answers.
  • tjc78tjc78 South JerseyMember Posts: 12,535
    Pass the popcorn!

2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum / 2019 Volvo S60 T6 Inscription

edited October 2020
    I sold four Audi wheels to a guy in Las Vegas. Only three wheels made it. They were in BBS boxes and shipped by FedEx.

Do the people of Phoenix not like me (since that box tracking says it has been in Phoenix since 10/5) or is it a FedEx conspiracy? Maybe they don’t like BBS boxes?

Thankfully I paid the filthy greedy scummy company for insurance so that I will be reimbursed.

I’m glad that I have the FedEx receipt and a picture of the wheel...
  • corvettecorvette United StatesMember Posts: 8,695
    edited October 2020
    Okay, which one of you is going to buy Legitstreetcars' Fiero? Hoovie's latest video also gave away a couple of secrets, looks like he has an early 1990s DeVille (looked like one with the first generation Northstar) and a final-generation Park Avenue Ultra, plus a couple of others he didn't want to talk about.
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 18,667
    mjfloyd1 said:

I sold four Audi wheels to a guy in Las Vegas. Only three wheels made it. They were in BBS boxes and shipped by FedEx.

Do the people of Phoenix not like me (since that box tracking says it has been in Phoenix since 10/5) or is it a FedEx conspiracy? Maybe they don’t like BBS boxes?

Thankfully I paid the filthy greedy scummy company for insurance so that I will be reimbursed.

Boy, that could screw up your sale. Who wants just 3 wheels.

I’ve recently read stories of thefts from Fed Ex facilities being a problem. Usually it’s shipments of firearms going missing but I suppose some employee might need a replacement wheel on his Audi.

There was one story I read where a gun went missing and management announced in the warehouse that the ATF was coming in to interview people. The gun arrived at it’s proper destination a day later.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2004 Chevy Van, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

corvette said:

Okay, which one of you is going to buy Legitstreetcars' Fiero? Hoovie's latest video also gave away a couple of secrets, looks like he has an early 1990s DeVille (looked like one with the first generation Northstar) and a final-generation Park Avenue Ultra, plus a couple of others he didn't want to talk about.

My kid’s 93’ Deville had the 4.9L. I think the Northstar was put in the 94’ model.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2004 Chevy Van, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 43,071
    corvette said:

I have been watching that Fiero series. what a whacky car.

Hoovies piece today showing the fleet was a riot. And sneak preview of cartrek 3.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

mjfloyd1 said:

Boy, that could screw up your sale. Who wants just 3 wheels.

I’ve recently read stories of thefts from Fed Ex facilities being a problem. Usually it’s shipments of firearms going missing but I suppose some employee might need a replacement wheel on his Audi.

There was one story I read where a gun went missing and management announced in the warehouse that the ATF was coming in to interview people. The gun arrived at it’s proper destination a day later.
    I refunded him about a third of the total cost. He found a wheel in California off of eBay so it is no longer my problem.

I'll just wait for Fedex to refund me.

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 29,675
    corvette said:

That should be set afire and driven off a cliff never to be seen again.

'21 Wrangler 4xE, '07 ML63, '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '14 Town&Country Limited. 55-car history and counting!

While I think these are about the girliest cars ever, it looks kinda cool in this combo.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/share/285025759

'21 Wrangler 4xE, '07 ML63, '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '14 Town&Country Limited. 55-car history and counting!

• 28firefighter28firefighter Seattle, WAMember Posts: 7,945
    Seeing the Wizard’s Beetle has me rethinking my previous beliefs on them.
    2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xE, 2004 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT
    edited October 2020
    This fiero Ferrari is worse

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.autoblog.com/amp/2020/08/31/fake-ferrari-enzo-fiero-auction/

Eww. Just saw interior pics of the one that you posted. I stand corrected
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZMember Posts: 5,132
    andres3 said:

I might just be saying that because I haven't got a ticket since that Alltrack incident.

This person seems to have more and more lengthy disputes with the assembled here than most. I can't keep track of the various people he carries on with. Some of you are pretty careful with tracking those of us on here. Is it my imagination, or are there several? It used to do with how all speed limits were unacceptable, but now we've moved on.

Oh boy.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
    qbrozen said:

corvette said:

That should be set afire and driven off a cliff never to be seen again.
    no need to set it on fire. It will self immolate soon enough.

I would not drive that without a couple of large fires extinguishers in the passenger seat.

edited October 2020

corvette said:

My kid’s 93’ Deville had the 4.9L. I think the Northstar was put in the 94’ model.
    Interesting... It was definitely the mid-1990s body style with the flush door handles, but had rectangular headlights (before they went to more square shaped headlights around 2000-ish, I think). Could be a 4.9, or could be a Northstar, which I'm sure the Wizard can completely sort out, given an unlimited budget. :D

Come to think of it, that could make for good TV: "I bought the CHEAPEST Northstar DeVille... You WON'T BELIEVE what it cost to make right!"
    qbrozen said:

While I think these are about the girliest cars ever, it looks kinda cool in this combo.

never saw one with that red interior/top. I kinda like it. If it was a manual, I would drive it.

qbrozen said:

I knew a woman who had one of those. Constant electrical problems. Traded it for a Chevy I think.

corvette said:

corvette said:

Interesting... It was definitely the mid-1990s body style with the flush door handles, but had rectangular headlights (before they went to more square shaped headlights around 2000-ish, I think). Could be a 4.9, or could be a Northstar, which I'm sure the Wizard can completely sort out, given an unlimited budget. :D

Come to think of it, that could make for good TV: "I bought the CHEAPEST Northstar DeVille... You WON'T BELIEVE what it cost to make right!"
    Did it look like this?

Didn’t the Wizard buy one of Hoovie’s 93’ Allantes? Those had the Northstar 4.6 I think. He gave it to his wife but in a recent video it was under a cover up for sale.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 197,496
    We are going to stop posting about other members. If not, we'll have to banish you to Cars&Conversation, where you can discuss washers and dryers.

This is the only notice.

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• sdasda Indian Land, SCMember Posts: 4,695
    I had a 89 Seville with the 4.5. It was 155 hp and had good torque. Smooth, quiet with a refined muscular exhaust note. Decent performance, not fast, took regular gas and routinely got 25 mpg+ on the road. It was a marked improvement over the 4.1. I drove a 90 Seville with the 4.9 and that car felt fast compared to the 89. I believe the 4.9 was 200 hp but required premium. I don’t think the 4.5 or 4.9 had issues like the 4.1 or the newer Northstar.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

The Wizard is having a "garage" sale, selling a few of the excess vehicles. The Allante, a 1970ish sedan deVille, and a motorcycle. And his turbo bug. A few of them seem to still be sitting there in the background.

stickguy said:

The Wizard is having a "garage" sale, selling a few of the excess vehicles. The Allante, a 1970ish sedan deVille, and a motorcycle. And his turbo bug. A few of them seem to still be sitting there in the background.

I’d take that old Deville. I like the Allante too but if the Wizard is tired of fixing it I’d stand no chance.

I saw Hoovie’s video tour of his collection and I think that white Caddy he is hiding behind his house is a late 90s with the most problematic Northstar version. That should be an interesting project.

sda said:

I had a 89 Seville with the 4.5. It was 155 hp and had good torque. Smooth, quiet with a refined muscular exhaust note. Decent performance, not fast, took regular gas and routinely got 25 mpg+ on the road. It was a marked improvement over the 4.1. I drove a 90 Seville with the 4.9 and that car felt fast compared to the 89. I believe the 4.9 was 200 hp but required premium. I don’t think the 4.5 or 4.9 had issues like the 4.1 or the newer Northstar.

The kid’s 4.9 was pretty trouble free for a $1200 car.Leaky valve covers was the worst thing I can remember. Too bad the rest of the car fell apart around the motor. Yep, 200hp on premium. Felt fast.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 197,496
    Just noticed (after 8 months). The GTI doesn't require Premium gas.
    But, manual states that full performance is only achieved with Premium. But, regular won't hurt it.

On a related note, when it got new shoes at Costco on Wednesday, I filled up with Costco Premium (top tier gas) for $2.29/gal. We don't live close enough to Costco to go regularly.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 15,091
    edited October 2020
    I'm still 99% sure I'm going with a reasonably quick RWD vehicle if/when I replace the 2 Series, but I could be tempted by this GTI Clubsport if it makes it across the pond(its predecessors didn't). And I still want to check out the 2021 Veloster N, the new M style seats could make a big difference in comfort:

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2014 M235i; 2009 Cooper Clubman; 1999 Wrangler; 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2018 330i xDrive

• xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaMember Posts: 15,153
    mjfloyd1 said:

I thought it was going to be a story of selling wheels, but man, that's no good. Why would ONE box of four end up being in shipping purgatory?! There's no accounting for handling, I guess. Somebody must have had a strong need for that ONE wheel. :(

I sold the wheels from my wife's Forester yesterday morning, along with the Micheline X-Ice tires that were on them. I decided to go a different route for the wheels next summer, so it seemed like a good time to let them go. No shipping, so transfer occurred without incident. :D
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    corvette said:

I have always had a strong like for the Fiero (just the look of them, not the mechanics!), but that one makes me cringe.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    qbrozen said:

Super-girly... and perfect for automotive eyelashes! :D

I'm still 99% sure I'm going with a reasonably quick RWD vehicle if/when I replace the 2 Series, but I could be tempted by this

Seems like a small detail, but I really like a lot of the contrasting-color seatbelts I see in cars the last few years. It is a nice detail that was, perhaps, overlooked for decades! :D

• ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaMember Posts: 15,549
    xwesx said:

I'm still 99% sure I'm going with a reasonably quick RWD vehicle if/when I replace the 2 Series, but I could be tempted by this

Seems like a small detail, but I really like a lot of the contrasting-color seatbelts I see in cars the last few years. It is a nice detail that was, perhaps, overlooked for decades! :D

Not at all. With GM back in the '60s and '70s, you got black belts regardless of the interior color you selected. So unless you ordered a black interior, you had contrasting belts. :smile:

Unless, of course, you ordered "deluxe" belts, which were color coordinated and came with fancier buckles.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

edited October 2020
    MB has a bad PCV, it would seem. CEL was on and that's what the code points to. Apparently common on these engines, as the PCV design is garbage. A new one is $100, though. Ouch. But, it may explain some things I have been seeing. For example, the oil dipstick keeps popping out of its tube. Not the whole stick, but the top of it. So it would seem like there is pressure pushing it out. The other thing is still the oil leak. I wonder if it isn't getting pushed out and maybe this fix would help that, too. I know, I know, wishful thinking.

On the good side of things, it passed state inspection. My lovely wife took it for me yesterday while I was working.

edited October 2020
    xwesx said:

mjfloyd1 said:

I thought it was going to be a story of selling wheels, but man, that's no good. Why would ONE box of four end up being in shipping purgatory?! There's no accounting for handling, I guess. Somebody must have had a strong need for that ONE wheel. :(

I sold the wheels from my wife's Forester yesterday morning, along with the Micheline X-Ice tires that were on them. I decided to go a different route for the wheels next summer, so it seemed like a good time to let them go. No shipping, so transfer occurred without incident. :D
    I probably did myself in by shipping in BBS boxes but that was what I had. I figured that they all would disappear and insured them with that in mind.

When I tracked them initially, one box was headed to Florida and three were headed to Oklahoma. I knew that it would not end well
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTMember Posts: 16,274
    edited October 2020
    Got a FedEx envelope with a form and an email with another form attached from Vroom today.
    Had to sign/re-sign the forms and sent them back.
    I am guessing the issue is that my truck had my name including my middle initial and I signed without.
    Got my check and loan payoff notice quite a while ago.
    2020 Ford Explorer XLT
    edited October 2020
    I think I saw the old Acura from @stickguy had a price drop?
  • tifightertifighter WAMember Posts: 2,901
    kyfdx said:

If not, we'll have to banish you to Cars&Conversation, where you can discuss washers and dryers.

This made me shudder.

21 Tesla 3 Perf / 21 Tesla Y LR / 11 BMW Z4 6MT

It will be OK. I will stop feeding the trolls.
    I'm loving the full power roll down rear window in the Tundra. It's perfect for days like today when you don't really need A/C, but also don't want to be billowed in the face with wind on the highway. You can crack the rear window or power it down the whole way without generating a windstorm, and there's no buffeting. I thought it was a gimmick, but it's actually a really thoughtful feature. It doesn't really seem to add much thickness to the rear of the cab, either.
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 15,091
    xwesx said:

I agree; the M Competition models have a Motorsport stripe on one edge of their belts. A cool touch.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2014 M235i; 2009 Cooper Clubman; 1999 Wrangler; 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2018 330i xDrive

mjfloyd1 said:

I think I saw the old Acura from @stickguy had a price drop?

yup. Dropped $400! at this point, they are not really making much on the deal, but that is their problem not mine.

I thought it was humorous that they sent me an Email about it this morning: "a car that you have been looking at had a price drop!"

Got a FedEx envelope with a form and an email with another form attached from Vroom today.
    Had to sign/re-sign the forms and sent them back.
    I am guessing the issue is that my truck had my name including my middle initial and I signed without.
    Got my check and loan payoff notice quite a while ago.

If so, that would be crazy. Many, perhaps even most, people (myself included), have signatures such that you likely would be unable to determine whether it included a middle initial, name, or anything else in there!
    edited October 2020
    corvette said:

I'm loving the full power roll down rear window in the Tundra. It's perfect for days like today when you don't really need A/C, but also don't want to be billowed in the face with wind on the highway. You can crack the rear window or power it down the whole way without generating a windstorm, and there's no buffeting. I thought it was a gimmick, but it's actually a really thoughtful feature. It doesn't really seem to add much thickness to the rear of the cab, either.

An opening rear window is something I do wish my C20 had. My dad had a 1979 F150 for most of my childhood years, and it had a manual opening rear window. Indeed, it was a nice feature! A schoolmate's family had a slightly newer square-body Ford with a crew cab... and it also had a manual sliding rear window. I mentioned the impracticality of that once to her dad, and he said, "That's why I always have one of the kids in the back seat!" :D
    still not a fan of black interiors, but I would make an exception for that one. Sweet car, though the tiny sidewalls would give me agita.