Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,977
    I’m impressed with the K5. Good looking exterior and interior and controls nicely laid out. The only negative thing I’ve read is the ride is stiff and somewhat jittery but better than sister Sonata.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,304
    edited September 2020
    Will be interested in the Q3 YTD sedan sales numbers. Q2 YTD was dismal across he board.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,933
    Gotta say, I'm a little confused about the upcoming K5 GT. Kia claims 0-60 in 5.8 s. On their website, they also say it outperforms the BMW 330i. No footnotes on that, so I'm not sure what they are talking about, but BMW says 5.6 s 0-60 for the 330i and 5.3 s for the 330xi. So I wonder what they are basing their claim on.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Unicorns and fairy dust?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,080
    First drive article on the new TLX. Everything about it looks OK but not necessarily leading edge. A bit of conservativism seems to hold it back. The center stack is a bit of a mess.

Most articles of this type at Roadshow are generally positive, so keep that in mind when reading.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2021-acura-tlx-first-drive-review/

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,138
    I'm always suspicious when such pieces resemble paid advertising content. I miss the "CAR" magazine reviews of the 80s and 90s when they'd call out faults - they certainly wouldn't call that grille and leering eyes a "pretty face". The fanboy comment saying the car should compete a degree higher is also amusing, as if premium cars compete on size alone - I guess if that's true, a Lincoln and a Rolls-Royce should have been compared in the past.
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,905
    While out yesterday spotted a new Vette in white. Truly looks like a super car now. I like it.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

Last weekend I saw a new Vette on the street in arrest-me red. I did a double take at first thinking it was a Ferrari. Good-looking car except the taillights leave me cold, but that's minor.

fintail said:

I'm always suspicious when such pieces resemble paid advertising content. I miss the "CAR" magazine reviews of the 80s and 90s when they'd call out faults - they certainly wouldn't call that grille and leering eyes a "pretty face". The fanboy comment saying the car should compete a degree higher is also amusing, as if premium cars compete on size alone - I guess if that's true, a Lincoln and a Rolls-Royce should have been compared in the past.

I liked CAR magazine as well. They didn’t care much for US domestics much. I haven’t looked, are they still publishing?

They didn't care for many cars, and had no fear of irritating advertisers/manufacturers. The "Good, Bad, Ugly" segment was always the best, with snappy one liners about most models on sale at the time. I still recall a summary of maybe an off-brand Malaysian car or a Lada or similar was "you'd have to be an idiot to buy one". They still exist, although I think they are a lot less common at specialty booksellers on this side of the pond. Back in the late 80s and 90s when I was into it, even my small town Waldenbooks sometimes got it, and it could easily be found at a Barnes and Noble.
    sda said:

I liked CAR magazine as well. They didn’t care much for US domestics much. I haven’t looked, are they still publishing?

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,511
    Was next to a new Seltos at a light, so got a good look at it. nice looking little buggy. Actually reminded me of an RDX a bit.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

I’ve seen a few new Sonatas around lately. That front end isn’t quite Lexus-like in terms of aggressiveness, but it sure is ugly. Looks like some kind of sea creature.

at least they can't be accused of being bland.

I am anxious to see a new Elantra in person. From the videos, it seems to carry the design a bit better.

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,704
    I was surprised the new A4 front end resembles the Sonata, at least the overall contours.

I've seen a few new Sonatas lately. When the design was introduced, I thought it had long LED strips integrated into the entire length of the hood, kind of disappointed that it stops short.
    texases said:

I was surprised the new A4 front end resembles the Sonata, at least the overall contours.

Well, there's that, but then there's this. I know which one I prefer:

Agreed, the A4 hasn't had the whole 'catfish mouth' treatment!
    Still has leering eyes though, gotta be dynamic and aggressive!
  • andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    not a fan of the new S4/A4 look. I'll take a B8.5 anyday.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    Saw a Seltos in the mall with the wife a few weeks ago. It's bigger than I thought but liked it. Of course, she hated it so didn't even mention I might want one in the future. But think Kia did a good job with it and makes the Hyundai Venue look really bad.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

edited October 2020
    Not cars, but new, I saw two truckloads of new Ski-Doo snowmobiles on I90 yesterday.
    Not brand new, but rare, my friend's dad just picked up a 911 50th anniversary model, and my friend used it to pick me up at the airport. It can be loud and fast.
    After a week with the Passat and about 180 miles,yes, I’ve been finding reasons to drive it, it’s a good car. The interior quality is the same or slightly better than the 13 Accord EX it replaced. The top of the dash, upper door panels are soft touch, hard plastic below similar to the Accord. The carpet is thicker than the almost paper thin excuse of carpet Honda used. It has a nicely shaped and leather covered steering wheel, shift lever, hand brake which the Accord didn’t have. The VW has decent power, sport mode makes it feel more lively. My major beef with sport mode in most cars, and this one is no exception, is that it keeps the revs up once cruising speed is reached. The engine tone is muted and under hard acceleration sounds good and not strained. The car is quiet overall except the tires seem to provide noticeable feedback in noise from different road surfaces which is a little annoying. From what I’ve read the Bridgestone tires are a reason for this. However they still have plenty of tread and seem to been fine otherwise so replacement will not happen anytime soon.

Sorry, meant to post above to CCBA

another new tahoe today. Nice bright red. Good looking styling but definitely quite large.

With the added length and rear seat room, I bet a lot of Suburban buyers go for the Tahoe instead.
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604
    Plus actual fold flat seats now...seems like Tahoe is WAY more than enough for most.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    Drove a 2021 Ford Edge with the Ecoboost 4 and found it under powered. Prefer the Edge with the larger engine as it moves and accelerates quicker. It was a black over black unit and there was a charge for the black paint. That sucks Ford!!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    There was a charge for the black color on my 2014 Malibu: black granite.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Speaking of new Fords, I saw a new style Escape towing an Airstream trailer. Have fun with that!
    Well, the max capacity is 3500 lbs, and ther are two small trailers that Airstream makes that meet that, the 'Bambi' and the 'Base Camp'. But I'd sure want something bigger.
    Ford/Lincoln extra cost paint is noticeably better than the non extra cost versions.
    Not spotted in person yet, but too amusing to pass up. The new Genesis fastback CUV thingy:

Appears to be a descendent of this:

And for that, I don't hate it.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,985
    fintail said:

Not spotted in person yet, but too amusing to pass up. The new Genesis fastback CUV thingy:

I, too, saw the Porsche resemblance - but, I saw the outline of the Cayenne in the rear hatch area, not the 928.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited October 2020
    That wraparound rear quarter window, and the rear lights too - the Cayenne ideal is also there. This can't be coincidental.

It also lacks DLO fail/faux floating C-pillar/vents and gills etc. The rear diffuser/exhaust area is heavy handed, but that's the worst part I see so far. Maybe the most interesting product of the brand now.
    Michaell said:

I, too, saw the Porsche resemblance - but, I saw the outline of the Cayenne in the rear hatch area, not the 928.

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    I'm not a fan of all the fake grill or fake air intake grille seen on a lot of cars these days. I think it's just a cheap method to use only a few drops of paint per car by cladding it with "fake intake."
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,933
    Michaell said:

fintail said:

I really thought the red car was a Macan until I read your comment.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

My son texted me about that car. He loved it. Could be his replacement late next year for his G70. At times he has fixated on the Mecan so it’s a reasonable option since he leases a Genesis now, and could use some with more hauling flexibility. Likely cheaper than a sports car, pickup combo!

Yeah, but the two pictures make it look like the 928 sits up high, and it most definitely does not.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Saw a red C8 on I90 yesterday, didn't appear to be speeding.
    Visited the local dealer for the first time this morning. E53 AMG on the showroom floor, moderately loaded, 90K IIRC. Also a GLA AMG at 57K I think, a couple CPO C-class, sold AMG GLE "coupe" and a GLB. It's a much smaller operation than my prior dealer, as expected. Saw a few oldies in the service backlot - W140, W114/115, W220 down on its front haunches, I suspect these are employee project cars. The couple service people I spoke to were taken by my wagon, they realized the spec is unusual, one of them really was into the brown/brown interior.
    You'll have to bring the fintail for a visit there one of these days.

I should have asked the service manager who he'd recommend for the car locally (knowing it's not the kind of car one takes to the dealer).
    Saw a new Tahoe - big and blocky, probably a waiting list right now.
    edited November 2020
    Newish, parked at shop rite last night, a nice red Alfa 4C (I think). The sports car coupe version. Sharp. Actually resembles a Supra quite a bit from the rear.

Someone has been driving a 911 GT3 up and down the street today.
    Could be a visitor or a neighbor who works for a high end car dealer. He used to have a McLaren 720.

Someone has been driving a 911 GT3 up and down the street today.
    Could be a visitor or a neighbor who works for a high end car dealer. He used to have a McLaren 720.

Nice.. a local custom shop just posted photos of a GT3 that they've modified.

You know, because a GT3 is nothing without modifications...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

My friend with 2 911's had a very similar GT3 about a decade ago.
    He let me drive it a few times. I called it The Hulk, kind of normal up to a certain point, then busted out of its' shirt.
    The one I saw yesterday was the same color, so I thought he might have bought it back until I realized it was a newer one.
    Also saw a black C8 with targa top open.
    at Aldi's today, 2 new style Sonatas parked about 3 spots from each other. Both in the same brighter blue. Was odd.

and on the way home, a Kia K5.

so somebody is buying sedans still, and least from hyunkia.