Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,900
    Michaell said:

Could you turn in the Enclave and wait until the end of the year?

This is one of the downsides of leasing. You have to pull the trigger on something, but inventory and the lease programs are not in your favor.

Yes we certainly could. We won’t be going to the shore after next weekend and if I need to haul something we do have my Mom’s RAV4.

If we are going with anything GM I would assume that I need to do that before lease end or I’ll get stuck with the dispo fee.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,930
    Michaell said:

Had an itch last nite, and found this site with lots of cool JDM stuff for sale:

https://www.duncanimports.com/

Can't recall if I've posted any from there in the past. I have that site tagged and like to peruse it. I've shown the wife some of the luxo sedans, but she scoffs. Ah well.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,976
    tjc78 said:

Michaell said:

This is one of the downsides of leasing. You have to pull the trigger on something, but inventory and the lease programs are not in your favor.

Yes we certainly could. We won’t be going to the shore after next weekend and if I need to haul something we do have my Mom’s RAV4.

If we are going with anything GM I would assume that I need to do that before lease end or I’ll get stuck with the dispo fee.
    You should check - might be a 30 or 60 day grace period.

Sucks to shop in a hurry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,644
    edited October 2020
    qbrozen said:

QUICK! Someone kill it before it can reproduce!!

I have the worst taste in cars imaginable and even I think that’s hideous.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

stickguy said:
    I’d be scared to death of a 14 year old sports car that hit NYC potholes for 100k miles.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

Michaell said:

tjc78 said:

Michaell said:

You should check - might be a 30 or 60 day grace period.

Sucks to shop in a hurry.
    I am going to call GM financial. I could also extend a month or two. It’s B2B for four years so it’s still under warranty.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,507
    VW and Hyundai both had a window to reverse the disposal fee. One I think was 90 days. Might have to pay it then get a refund.

I forgot you have a spare car at the house. Really no rush in that case.

I like the MDX idea. Worth a look.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

That green 1995 SL I found is already sold (at least pending). Went quick.

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,786
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,259
    xwesx said:
    I remember some of @akangl 's stories... Seems like the dealers there know that it generally costs at least a couple grand in costs plus their time for someone to fly to the lower 48 and drive something back, so they just add that to the price.
  • mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,270
    xwesx said:
    Weird. I clicked on a couple of other vehicles and they didn’t have market adjustments

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    Drove a brand new 2021 Ford Edge with the Ecoboost 4 and found it anemic to say the least, prefer the larger engine for some get up and go. It was black over black with an extra charge for the black which I found totally ridiculous! But we've never been a Ford family and the one we had really sucked! Never made it home from the dealer and had to be towed back to the dealer. The two Lincolns my folks had, well, they were o k and don't really consider them true Fords. We were basically a GM family until the late 80's when my mom started getting Mercury Marquis's, always white with a blue landau roof and that G-d awful spare tire holder on the back bumper. Think she had three of these in a row, hated riding in them as they looked like a pimp-mobile!
    Wife had a Buick Skylark two door as her first vehicle and then into a Olds Cutlass Supreme sedan which worked great with three kids under the age of four! Then she switched to foreign and hasn't looked back.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

xwesx said:
    Is that a special truck up there that it deserves a $6k premium?

How about this as a fun little run about?

Before you comment look again.

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    I really REALLY like this Porsche!!! Guards Red is the real deal. Would make an excellent retirement gift.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KDEWjNYo/2007-porsche-911-carrera-4s-coupe
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,964
    Test

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,345
    stickguy said:

Here’s one for RB. a club sport to go with his club sport.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/92RqJAox/2019-bmw-m4-cs

An M2 CS has just arrived...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

andres3 said:

I really REALLY like this Porsche!!! Guards Red is the real deal. Would make an excellent retirement gift.

that is pretty. I would prefer a RWD version though instead.

How about this as a fun little run about?

Before you comment look again.

The backwards car. I think it is a Renault?

andres3 said:

Well, then, just retire and buy it for yourself as a retirement gift! :p
    corvette said:

andres3 said:

Good idea... twenty years from now! :disappointed:
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,078
    qbrozen said:
    Well, not really. You could say it looks like a gen 1 Ridgeline too I suppose.

I laughed when I watched the commercial. It is just so over the top and I imagine hideously expensive. Between the 1000hp and the crabwalk feature it seems to have both ends of the spectrum covered.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

xwesx said:

corvette said:

andres3 said:

Good idea... twenty years from now! :disappointed:
    Why wait, get what you want while you can still enjoy it. Nothing more sad than one of us old codgers driving a fancy car 20 under in the left lane all 3 strands of hair blowing in the wind. :'(

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,417

2020 MDX Tech is a great value - helped a friend get one and they love it.

Re: Jersey Mikes - feh.

What does the Tech get you over the base MDX?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

edited October 2020
    ab348 said:

qbrozen said:
    Well, not really. You could say it looks like a gen 1 Ridgeline too I suppose.

I laughed when I watched the commercial. It is just so over the top and I imagine hideously expensive. Between the 1000hp and the crabwalk feature it seems to have both ends of the spectrum covered.
    I thought Initially Ridgeline, too, but the Ridge had... ridges ... lol... that make it look different. Not to mention no wrap around bumper, different taillight shape, and the rising bed sides. I think there are many similarities in what I posted. Not just the C pillar, but the flat wheel arches, wrap around bumper, and some other more vague hints. Take away the midline cladding of the Avalanche and it is even closer. Granted, I understand we are talking pickups here. But I guess I was hoping for more “wow.”

Funny about pricing. A friend texted me about it before the commercial. I commented that it will probably start at $80k. After the commercial I wrote back “1000 hp! Crab walk?! Ok, maybe $110k?”

Then found the C&D release stating the loaded launch edition will be $112k and cheaper ones will come a year later starting at $79995. I’m rather impressed with myself! LOL.

edited October 2020
    nyccarguy said:

2020 MDX Tech is a great value - helped a friend get one and they love it.

Re: Jersey Mikes - feh.

What does the Tech get you over the base MDX?
    at least on the RDX and TLX, primary updates on the Tech package are BLIS/cross path, full real leather, and upgraded tunes.

Edit: Decided to look it up. Forgot Navi, that is the other primary feature. But looks like on the MDX it adds a lot more incidentals, including bigger wheels and various electronic goodies.

INTERIOR

Perforated Leather Seats
    GPS-Linked10 Climate Control
    Natural Wood Accents
    EXTERIOR

20-in Shark Gray Twisted Machine-Finished 10-Spoke Wheels
    Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers
    Power-Folding Side Mirrors with LED Puddle Lights
    DRIVER CONVENIENCE

Remote Engine Start
    Color Multi-Information Display (MID) with Turn-By-Turn Guidance
    Rear Door Smart Key Entry
    DRIVER SAFETY & ASSISTANCE

Blind Spot Information System20
    Rear Cross Traffic Monitor76
    Parking Sensors (front and rear)
    MEDIA & CONNECTIVITY

Acura Navigation System10 with 3D View
    Acura/ELS Studio®32 Premium Audio System with 10 Speakers, HD Radio® and Song By Voice®
    Voice Recognition System for Navigation, Audio, And Bluetooth®11 HandsFreeLink®
    AcuraLink®70 Connected Service
    SMS44 / Email / Siri® Eyes Free8

Yeah, tech is a must IMO. Definitely going to drive one and show the wife. I’m thinking there will be some deals on them.

Only thing I don’t like about the tech is is doesn’t have captain’s chairs in the middle. Have to step up to the advance for that.

tjc78 said:

Only thing I don’t like about the tech is is doesn’t have captain’s chairs in the middle. Have to step up to the advance for that.

My dog prefers a bench seat in the middle.
    tjc78 said:

Yeah, tech is a must IMO. Definitely going to drive one and show the wife. I’m thinking there will be some deals on them.

Get 'em while you can. Pretty good lease deals going on at the moment.

Also, there are two different MF and incentives available

.00042 and $4450
    or
    .00215 and $8600

You'll have to run the numbers to see which gives you the lower payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Thanks! Our local dealer has 113 in stock.

Far cry from the 4 Enclaves at the Buick dealer

edited October 2020
    that might drop quick once you eliminate certain colors and trim levels.

so out of 113 units, 32 are AWD tech (29) or advance(3). Vast majority are black or white. A few silver, and a few grays. No blue or bronze or any other color that actually has something passing for color!

I am partial to this color combo of course.

https://www.eliteacura.com/inventory/new-2020-acura-mdx-sh-awd-with-technology-package-all-wheel-drive-suv-5j8yd4h58ll013436

Ha ha I was just looking too. Only Advanced they have are all white over black. I’m not a fan of black interior, but could do it with a white exterior.

In all honesty the Tech has almost everything you need. The middle row and heated wheel are the only things my wife would miss.

The black over parchment is a nice combo too.

small give ups to avoid the black interior. and save some money. I would have liked a couple of the advance features on our RDX, but not enough to lay out another $3,000 or whatever it was to get them.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,078
    qbrozen said:

I thought Initially Ridgeline, too, but the Ridge had... ridges ... lol... that make it look different. Not to mention no wrap around bumper, different taillight shape, and the rising bed sides. I think there are many similarities in what I posted. Not just the C pillar, but the flat wheel arches, wrap around bumper, and some other more vague hints. Take away the midline cladding of the Avalanche and it is even closer. Granted, I understand we are talking pickups here. But I guess I was hoping for more “wow.”

I think it kinda looks like the old Hummer more than anything.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

Yeah, I have no issues with the design. I think they stuck with the Hummer physique while pushing a strong "post-modern" vibe. It is a bit of a farce that pretty much every feature they touted in the intro video is available only on the extremely-limited-production and top-of-the-line intro series. 1000 vehicles... all reserved within minutes of the reveal. The next-highest-trim level has none of that.... it's just a ho-hum electric truck. :D
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,385
    My experience helping my friend a few weeks back was that the local dealer had an ungodly amount of MDX tech inventory - something like 70+.

Their initial response to our offer was that we were using the wrong MF for the sale price (probably didn't love that we asked for a 4k+ dealer discount before incentives) which now makes more sense given what @michaell said above about the two different programs. We just said we'd take the offer to another local dealer who also had like 80 of them and they caved.

Given the price points other 3 row SUVs are hitting right now, the outgoing MDX would be my top choice. Hardly a penalty box even though it is an older design.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,270

stickguy said:

Here’s one for RB. a club sport to go with his club sport.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/92RqJAox/2019-bmw-m4-cs

An M2 CS has just arrived...
    Is this one a keeper?
    @breld mentioned his recent test drives of the MDX - I was able to catch up with him on the second one, the gas Advance trim.

It's a nice vehicle, even though it is a bit on the old side. For a 3 year lease, I think it would be a good choice.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,555
    I'll also add that AFS offers nice lease end perks. Mileage rollover of unused miles (up to 15K), additional wear/tear waiver if you lease or buy another Acura, mileage forgiveness of 50% of your overage (up to 7.5K) + 1K extra miles added to your next Acura lease.

We took advantage of the 7500 mile RV but have a 36K mileage allotment for our current lease.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604
    xwesx said:

Yeah, I have no issues with the design. I think they stuck with the Hummer physique while pushing a strong "post-modern" vibe. It is a bit of a farce that pretty much every feature they touted in the intro video is available only on the extremely-limited-production and top-of-the-line intro series. 1000 vehicles... all reserved within minutes of the reveal. The next-highest-trim level has none of that.... it's just a ho-hum electric truck. :D

An $80K Hummer base truck with 250 miles range due in 2024.
    vs
    A $70K Cybertruck range topper with 500 miles due end of 2021.

GM has some work to do.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

wonder how fast that 500 mile range drops towing anything near the towing capacity. and sounds like fun trying to pull a truck with a big trailer into a supercharger!

My experience helping my friend a few weeks back was that the local dealer had an ungodly amount of MDX tech inventory - something like 70+.

Their initial response to our offer was that we were using the wrong MF for the sale price (probably didn't love that we asked for a 4k+ dealer discount before incentives) which now makes more sense given what @michaell said above about the two different programs. We just said we'd take the offer to another local dealer who also had like 80 of them and they caved.

Given the price points other 3 row SUVs are hitting right now, the outgoing MDX would be my top choice. Hardly a penalty box even though it is an older design.

Thanks! Waiting on a quote now to see what they come back with.

I’m thinking $500 with just first month OOP is possible for an SH-AWD Tech.

I also just looked at the Advance again. It’s really not captains chairs. It’s a 40/20/40 bench. So access to third row is the same and you lose a seat.

I have to say I keep going back to the XT6. It’s just a sharp vehicle to me.

Dealer doesn’t seem to want to give quote via email... “can you come in tonight?” No, thank you kindly.

• au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,377
    tjc78 said:

I have to say I keep going back to the XT6. It’s just a sharp vehicle to me.

Dealer doesn’t seem to want to give quote via email... “can you come in tonight?” No, thank you kindly.

Ugh...I hate that stuff. Even in this day and time its still prevalent.

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,377
    tjc78 said:

I also just looked at the Advance again. It’s really not captains chairs. It’s a 40/20/40 bench. So access to third row is the same and you lose a seat.
    Can’t wait to see what they come back with.

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

edited October 2020
    Yes it will be interesting.

Wife is pretty much staying out of this purchase. She would prefer a GM to avoid dispo fee and for whatever reason despises Toyotas.

Current Enclave payment is $515 on a $50K MSRP (not even first payment put down on that one with two payments from the 2015 rolled in) so trying to stay to that number is possible.

XC90 is probably my favorite but I really wouldn't want the T5 and the T6 even in Momentum trim is 60K. The broker deals are around $625 with just first OOP.

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,417
    tjc78 said:

There's a dealer in Northern, NJ who posts on LH. He's no fee (as he's an Acura salesman).

I agree with the others that even though the current MDX is dated, it is a strong value especially if you are going to lease. I wish it would work for me space wise. I'd probably ditch the Pilot and lease an MDX in a second.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604
    stickguy said:

wonder how fast that 500 mile range drops towing anything near the towing capacity. and sounds like fun trying to pull a truck with a big trailer into a supercharger!

Pull-through truck specific stalls are coming to superchargers next year. As for towing range, well, we don't know, but I'd rather start out with 500 miles than 250.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

which dealer? there is one N. NJ dealer that is on my "won't ever go there again" list!