Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    edited October 2020
    Thanks, all! I'm good. Funny, I was telling my son 6 weeks ago, I needed to go to the optometrist to get my script checked as my vision had started to get a little wonky. How he missed a detached retina is a real mystery. Not getting any better, I decided to go to an Ophthalmologist. Even then, I had not great, but decent vision in that eye.

Fast forward to today, 2 surgeries later and I'm now legally blind. Somehow, somewhere something went terribly wrong.

My son says there's a lawsuit in there somewhere. Maybe yes...maybe no! But, I can whine about it, I can yell about it, I can rage about it. What I can't do is change it. My first inclination was to blame someone. My Drs have certainly heard my protests, loud and clear.

Can't get a clear answer from the retinal surgeon about any improvement. He said I should get used to using one eye as there is no precedent for 3 retinal detachments. Although, there is a possibility that they want to do a study at the University of Cincinnati Medical School of Ophthalmology. In short, that eye is shot for anything other than telling if it's day or night.

Again, thank you all for letting me vent.

Maybe I should go and buy another car to soothe my soul....;)
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,139
    Geez. I'll chime in as well, we are all rooting for you. Keep the positive attitude, it will only help. This has really been one heck of a year.

Have drifted in an out here for a little bit. Haven’t caught up on the pages I missed. But, wanted to give a hearty thanks to you guys for reaching out to me via IM. Truly appreciate it.
    Again, thanks for being patient with me and offering kind words and offers of help. Y’all are some great people.

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,324

I know where you can get a gently used Sebring convertible cheap. ;)

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,543
    @graphicguy, you sure have been put through the ringer with this. As you know, if there is anything your poster buddies can do for you, we’re here for you.

Good luck.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    @GG. Sorry to read such depressing news about your eyes and vision woes.

Sorry for the morbid humor here, but I had to chuckle at the way you described your ordeal... Pressure build up from having first, gas put in my eye to hold the retina in place, and next, oil being the more durable retina placeholder, pressure got very high with the surgeries. The only thing missing was a lube, oil and filter change. :)

Have a restful and prayerful day.
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,646

Or check the secondary market and shops and don’t rely on the dealer for everything.

If all someone knows how to do is to walk into a dealer's service department, hand them their credit card, drop their pants and grab their ankles, I don't feel especially sorry for them. I know nothing about the Leaf, but the i3 utilizes multiple battery cells- and one or more can be replaced it they go bad.
    A lot also depends on the dealer. As an example, some E39 radiators had a plastic vent hose elbow that snapped into the top of the left side tank. BMW didn't sell the fitting separately, so if it started to leak many dealers replaced the radiator. It turned out Mercedes used the identical plastic fitting and sold it as an individual part. Smart dealers and indie shops used the Mercedes part to fix the issue, gaining them some goodwill from their customers.
    You assume that the average person knows enough about their car to be aware of those fixes. That might even be a stretch for the average dealer. Top that off with the desire to extract the maximum revenue. Any dealer or mechanic who would have the knowledge and the honesty to do that good deed for the customer would be my go-to guy for life

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,418

Thanks, all! I'm good. Funny, I was telling my son 6 weeks ago, I needed to go to the optometrist to get my script checked as my vision had started to get a little wonky. How he missed a detached retina is a real mystery. Not getting any better, I decided to go to an Ophthalmologist. Even then, I had not great, but decent vision in that eye.

Fast forward to today, 2 surgeries later and I'm now legally blind. Somehow, somewhere something went terribly wrong.

My son says there's a lawsuit in there somewhere. Maybe yes...maybe no! But, I can whine about it, I can yell about it, I can rage about it. What I can't do is change it. My first inclination was to blame someone. My Drs have certainly heard my protests, loud and clear.

Can't get a clear answer from the retinal surgeon about any improvement. He said I should get used to using one eye as there is no precedent for 3 retinal detachments. Although, there is a possibility that they want to do a study at the University of Cincinnati Medical School of Ophthalmology. In short, that eye is shot for anything other than telling if it's day or night.

Again, thank you all for letting me vent.

JESUS! THAT is awful news. Stay strong my friend. Don't ever stop fighting!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Have drifted in an out here for a little bit. Haven’t caught up on the pages I missed. But, wanted to give a hearty thanks to you guys for reaching out to me via IM. Truly appreciate it.

I’m not one to whine, but over the past month, have had two more retinal detachments (3 counting the original). BP crashed during one surgery (84 over 56) which caused a highly unusual trip to the “big hospital” for a night’s stay so they could pump me full of fluids to get the BP back up. They won’t say the cause, but I suspect it was an over aggressive anesthesiologist. 3rd detachment happened less than a week after the 2nd one. Have gone to 2 other retinal surgeons for 2nd and 3rd opinions. All say there is no precedent for 3 retinal detachments in the same eye.

Being mostly face down during the day, and sleeping (really can’t call it that) nose pointing to floor while sleeping for the last 4 weeks has left my shoulders and neck sore, and a bit mentally flaky and delusional given the constant prone position. Pressure build up from having first, gas put in my eye to hold the retina in place, and next, oil being the more durable retina placeholder, pressure got very high with the surgeries. So, they had to relieve the pressure by literally sticking needles in my eye. Not fun.

Obvious questions...yes, I can get up for the necessary bathroom breaks and am able to eat, but with my face facing down at my food.

This week I’ve been able to sleep on my side and sit up. That’s a huge relief. Face is swollen. Rainbow colored eye is starting to heal. Both are getting better, though.

End result, I’m now legally blind. That’s defined as one eye being 20/1000 uncorrected. The amount of sight out of the eye will probably be limited to differentiating between light and dark, so no amount of prescription will bring back that sight. I’ve made my peace with that given my “good eye” is 20/25.

Have used the iPhone’s/iPad’s quite accurate voice recognition to communicate with those who texted and called, as well as for IMs and brief posts here.

My car courier business has been tended to by a couple of friends. Good news/bad news, I haven’t missed any transports as business slowed way down at the beginning of Oct. Bad news is I may not be able to continue it if I can’t get a restricted driver’s license while using one good eye (which believer it or not, is possible).

Thanks for those here who stepped up and IMd me about helping me with the transports. Still may take you up on your offers. Trying to plot a course forward at this point. The plan is....I had no plan.....that took this into account.

Again, thanks for being patient with me and offering kind words and offers of help. Y’all are some great people.

Sorry to hear about the whole situation. Maybe you can transition into sales/management for your business and hire people to do the actual driving. I’m assuming that you don’t have a whole lot of capital invested in this venture. You should be able to fold it up pretty cheap if you decide not to continue.

Good luck.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

tjc78 said:

abacomike said:

stickguy said:

I hope your Mercedes doesn't have airmatic suspension. That falls into that category of something that fails often and costs a ton to fix, in a system that should not be nearly that complicated.

I had Airmatic on the S450 and liked the feature. BUT, you are correct in that when, not if, it goes the financial consequences would be horrific if out of warranty. I don’t have it on the E450 but I must admit that I miss that feature in terms of ride!
    My 2004 Grand Marquis had air ride. Luckily it never went. It's not nearly as complex as the MB system but still pricey.
    My 95’ Mark VIII had the air ride and it was acting up. The air bags themselves were fine but the best guess was the leveling sensors failed. Finding replacements was impossible. I gave up and converted to regular shocks.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,081

As an example, some E39 radiators had a plastic vent hose elbow that snapped into the top of the left side tank. BMW didn't sell the fitting separately, so if it started to leak many dealers replaced the radiator. It turned out Mercedes used the identical plastic fitting and sold it as an individual part.

So the real question would be why M-B dealers sold the part but not BMW? And were there repercussions for BMW dealers fitting M-B parts to BMWs to avoid letting BMW sell the hapless customer a replacement radiator?

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,513
    I would not expect a branded dealer to start using off brand parts. An indie shop, sure. But if you are going to take it to the dealer, it should be with the expectation that you get only BMW OEM parts, and pay a lot for the privilege.

The Car Wizard has shown a number of tricks like that, especially working on exotics and premium brands, where there are the same part under different labels, at wildly different prices. Like using a Ford part on a Land Rover (Ford engine) and various things with Bentley. And also finding solutions where you can take an expensive unit apart to replace the minor little piece that failed.

There was one situation that was something as bizarre as a Ferrari fuel pump being the exact same part as on some low line Kia Rondo (something like that). Makes sense, since most brands, especially niche ones, buy components from outside suppliers.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702
    @graphicguy I'm sorry to hear about your loss of vision. Just read your post recapping how all this began just 6 weeks ago. As you said something went terribly wrong somehow. Unprecedented sounds right. May be worthwhile to have the records transferred to another provider to be reviewed. Another opinion won't change what's already been done but may help to better understand the way forward.
    A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504

Any dealer or mechanic who would have the knowledge and the honesty to do that good deed for the customer would be my go-to guy for life

Absolutely, and I've been lucky enough to find an independent Honda shop that I'll go to from now on. Haven't found one yet for the Forester,, but haven't looked very hard either.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    @graphicguy What a miserable turn of events; try to stay positive. I've known several people with only one functioning eye who drive all over the place -- various states. I think the odds that you can also are very good.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,975
    ab348 said:

As an example, some E39 radiators had a plastic vent hose elbow that snapped into the top of the left side tank. BMW didn't sell the fitting separately, so if it started to leak many dealers replaced the radiator. It turned out Mercedes used the identical plastic fitting and sold it as an individual part.

So the real question would be why M-B dealers sold the part but not BMW? And were there repercussions for BMW dealers fitting M-B parts to BMWs to avoid letting BMW sell the hapless customer a replacement radiator?
    ..........and how do you register with BMW for using an MB part?

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

Hoping for the very best possible outcome GG.

• suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    driver100 said:

ab348 said:

I always sort of looked down on the Encore because its styling makes it look tall and stubby.

That's what gets me.........it is tall and narrow, doesn't look like it will stay on the road around a sharp bend. I sometimes have the radio or TV on in my office and when they have an Encore commercial they ask "Alexa, start my car" or something, and my Alexa comes on and says something like "I am not able to do that". It is very annoying!

OTOH, I like the one when she gets a text the Jones's are coming for dinner, she goes and buys four steaks to make for dinner, then she rushes to the door to find out it is only to babysit their kids, and the little girl says "Where's the pizza" At least it was cute the first 50 times I saw it.

I own a 2014 Encore and it drives beautifully. Not tippy at all. Feels very solid on the road. It’s not really that tall. I actually like the proportions.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
    @oldfarmer50 ...I have very little invested into the transport business. I already had an LLC set up for some consulting work I was doing. Had to add some insurance and probably had $500 invested in a bunch of slick marketing hand outs and business cards. But, most of my out of pocket I've recouped, and then some.

I'll take a look at my recovery while managing from the sidelines until December 1. If I feel like it and see a path for me to continue, I will. If not, I'll close up shop.

Right now, I'm just happy to be upright.

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    edited October 2020
    Audi has got rid of the "IPAD" on the dash look too, and good riddens I say.

New RS6/RS7's have the latest and greatest Audi interior (I particularly like the double screen look vs. one giant monitor ala Tesla):

'15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    suydam said:

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

I always sort of looked down on the Encore because its styling makes it look tall and stubby.

That's what gets me.........it is tall and narrow, doesn't look like it will stay on the road around a sharp bend. I sometimes have the radio or TV on in my office and when they have an Encore commercial they ask "Alexa, start my car" or something, and my Alexa comes on and says something like "I am not able to do that". It is very annoying!

OTOH, I like the one when she gets a text the Jones's are coming for dinner, she goes and buys four steaks to make for dinner, then she rushes to the door to find out it is only to babysit their kids, and the little girl says "Where's the pizza" At least it was cute the first 50 times I saw it.

I own a 2014 Encore and it drives beautifully. Not tippy at all. Feels very solid on the road. It’s not really that tall. I actually like the proportions.

andres3 said:

New RS6/RS7's have the latest and greatest Audi interior (I particularly like the double screen look vs. one giant monitor ala Tesla):

The A6 looks pretty nice.........the E400 is comparable but quite different. It seems the 2021 BMW 535 is behind the times;

Nothing exciting going on there and that pop-up screen looks like a last minute add-on.

We have a 2014 as well with the baby blue eyes. Too bad the blues eyes are no more.

• mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,271
    andres3 said:

But they are slower than the outgoing C7.5 RS7.
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,081
    It's funny... yesterday when I had the Encore GX, I was playing with the infotainment system in the driveway for a while. Now, some of the things were essentially disabled because I hadn't paired my phone with it (it had 120 miles on it when I picked it up so it was new to the loaner fleet and I didn't want my phone in there for perpetuity) but just like nav systems and smartphones, I didn't find it particularly intuitive. When I got the ATS back home there was a message that popped up as I pulled into the driveway saying that "Application could not be installed". I had seen that before a couple of times but decided to explore further. Turns out that on a second home page (which I never see because everything I use is on the first page) it has an "Applications" button. Clicking that gave me 3 choices, two of which I would never use but #3 was Weather Channel. I thought that might be useful so I tried to install it. Of course you needed an internet connection to do that. The car internet through Onstar is not active but it said I could use my phone as a hotspot, and I knew how to do that. But when I tried to get that to work, the car kept rejecting it and there was no getting past it. So my track record with car infotainment systems remains intact.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

Our 60" Seiki 1080p LED HDTV died last night (no picture but has sound with no distortion.) We bought it at Sears in 2014 for a little less than $1,000 after discounts, if I remember correctly. I don't know if this manufacturer is still around but the picture quality in 1080p was incredible.

So, I'm in the market for a 65-inch 4k OLED replacement. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    bwia said:

Our 60" Seiki 1080p LED HDTV died last night (no picture but has sound with no distortion.) We bought it at Sears in 2014 for a little less than $1,000 after discounts, if I remember correctly. I don't know if this manufacturer is still around but the picture quality in 1080p was incredible.

So, I'm in the market for a 65-inch 4k OLED replacement. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Isn't the LG the only true OLED on the market?

My friend has a 55" version, which is amazing. (and, pricey)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

@graphicguy What a miserable turn of events; try to stay positive. I've known several people with only one functioning eye who drive all over the place -- various states. I think the odds that you can also are very good.

How about our long lost poster Fezo who I believe was functionally blind in one eye? He seemed to do ok with driving.

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

..........and how do you register with BMW for using an MB part?
    I believe you just tell BMW that MB outranks them and you don’t have to register. B)

How about our long lost poster Fezo who I believe was functionally blind in one eye? He seemed to do ok with driving.
    Given how many drivers have zero eyes on the road regardless of the amount of functioning eyeballs around, I give my seal of approval to drivers with one working eye that actually operate their vehicle while driving, rather than other things.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,348
    LG, Samsung, or Sony.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

mjfloyd1 said:

andres3 said:

You sure about that? https://carbuzz.com/news/the-new-rs7-is-already-faster-than-audi-says
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,977
    Dad was blind in his left eye for years because of a quack doctor doing exactly the opposite of what should have been done. Doctors suing each other, not a chance. He did fine driving and other activities until about 10 years ago when macular degeneration and glaucoma have reduced his vision to just shadows. He will be 85 in a month. GG, hang in there, hopefully the worst is over.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,304
    There can always be medical advancement.
    I am on a regimen that was approved in 2019.
    Had my monthly appt with my DR(oncologist) and he asked if I would consider doing a trial of shortening the length of time taking my current medication, since I am now technically already in remission.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,271
    edited October 2020
    andres3 said:

mjfloyd1 said:

andres3 said:

You sure about that? https://carbuzz.com/news/the-new-rs7-is-already-faster-than-audi-says
    Being faster than Audi estimates does not make it faster than the outgoing model

And gets slaughtered by AMG GT 63S although it will probably be evened out when Audi comes out with the "performance" higher HP and torque models.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UniMxk-G3_U
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,725
    GG: Positive thoughts from me. I've probably mentioned, but my father has had many issues with his eyes, including detached retinas (a few times). Not in as compact a time period as you've endured, but he's about to turn 87 and still enjoys driving his Mazda CX-5 around LA.

Good luck, good health. Good new car...

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• sb55sb55 Member Posts: 616
    @graphicguy
    Sorry to hear about your eye episode. My 23 year old nephew has a genetic condition that caused him to go blind in one eye. He recently got his pilot license and is cleared by the FAA to be a commercial pilot.
    Please be positive.

2021 Toyota Venza Limited Hybrid, 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi, 2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata PRHT

mjfloyd1 said:

andres3 said:

mjfloyd1 said:

andres3 said:

Being faster than Audi estimates does not make it faster than the outgoing model

And gets slaughtered by AMG GT 63S although it will probably be evened out when Audi comes out with the "performance" higher HP and torque models.

Interesting information MJ, and fun to watch. The AMG is much faster in racing terms, but a fraction of a second in the real world isn't going to matter to most of us.....and as they mention, is that extra speed really worth an extra $50000 it takes to buy the AMG?

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,905
    edited October 2020
    I can only laugh (or maybe cry) at this point. Latest update with the house saga is a good one.

We get a call Monday night that we can't settle on our existing property on Thursday as planned due the buyer's underwriter seeing a flag on their previous mortgage. They did a Covid forbearance for one month and it just now hit their credit report.

So they promised us a Friday morning close and we would move the new home's closing to the afternoon. Well all day yesterday we kept getting updates that the buyer can't get the old and new mortgage companies on a call to settle it all out. Naturally it didn't get resolved and now best case scenario is to close on Monday.

Well... this puts us in a bad spot. We didn't do a contingency (due to the crazy market) and are short the cash to close on the new home. As you may remember due to appraisal issues this is significantly more than I was going to put down. Thank goodness that with the IRA I have I can take a distro and if I re-invest in 60 days the same amount there is no penalty. We always knew that was a hail Mary, but didn't want to do it. So I filed for a distro yesterday and they are supposed to wire the money today.

I have to say this process has absolutely excruciating. When I bought this house in 2005 it was painless. I can't wait for it all to be over. Thanks for letting me rant, it just feels good to type it out.

All this house BS has me off my game of car shopping to replace the Enclave!

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,418
    tjc78 said:

I can only laugh (or maybe cry) at this point. Latest update with the house saga is a good one.

We get a call Monday night that we can't settle on our existing property on Thursday as planned due the buyer's underwriter seeing a flag on their previous mortgage. They did a Covid forbearance for one month and it just now hit their credit report.

So they promised us a Friday morning close and we would move the new home's closing to the afternoon. Well all day yesterday we kept getting updates that the buyer can't get the old and new mortgage companies on a call to settle it all out. Naturally it didn't get resolved and now best case scenario is to close on Monday.

Well... this puts us in a bad spot. We didn't do a contingency (due to the crazy market) and are short the cash to close on the new home. As you may remember due to appraisal issues this is significantly more than I was going to put down. Thank goodness that with the IRA I have I can take a distro and if I re-invest in 60 days the same amount there is no penalty. We always knew that was a hail Mary, but didn't want to do it. So I filed for a distro yesterday and they are supposed to wire the money today.

I have to say this process has absolutely excruciating. When I bought this house in 2005 it was painless. I can't wait for it all to be over. Thanks for letting me rant, it just feels good to type it out.

Unreal. You can't make this up. Keep chuggin' along!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,934
    tjc78 said:

I feel for ya. Our 2000 and 2004 closings were an absolute breeze. 2015, it was pretty awful. So many roadblocks and delays. Then selling my parents' house to my brother, who already owned 1/3, was ridiculous. Thankfully, no inspection on that at least.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Hang in there tjc.....rough trip getting there but it should all happen. Think how much you are going to appreciate the new home once all this gets resolved.

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    tjc78 said:

With all that going on, I'm amazed you even think about the status of your cars?

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

@tjc78....hang in there. I have a feeling it will all work out.
    Just because I’m a sucker for a pretty woman who YouTubes about cars.......

https://youtu.be/ljpE0JeqN4k

tjc78 said:

With all that going on, I'm amazed you even think about the status of your cars?

You have to remember the group you’re dealing with here. :D

$200K and they slap a matte finish on it?

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,513
    Ouch. Not surprised. My simple refi is now going on 3 months and I still don’t have a settlement date assigned. I know they have everything too.

Mortgage companies seem swamped still. I know that my old bank isn’t even taking new HELOC applications

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Thanks everyone. Fingers crossed this is the last hurdle!

@imidazol97
    The Buick lease ends on 12/7, so have some time. I actually submitted a few online quotes for some SUV's I was interested in, but I let it take a back seat for now.

Wife really want's an XC90. If that is the case I may just turn in the Enclave and wait until the new year. I really like the Caddy XT6, so if we are going that route it will have to be done sooner since if I'm leasing another GM I can avoid the dispo fee.

tjc78 said:

You have to remember the group you’re dealing with here. :D
    Exactly!

Well, your eyesight doesn't seem to be too bad! :p