Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    tjc, did you ever manage to close on your loan. My kids in Connecticut finally closed on theirs tonight — two weeks after the original close date. Apparently the underwriters are swamped with all the buying and selling going on. They had to get their rate lock extended and the movers are coming tomorrow morning — closing at the last possible second before they have to be out of their apartment. It’s been a wild ride for them for sure!
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,515
    I have practically given up on my refi. By the time they finally get around to closing on it, I might have the old mortgage paid off. It's crazy.

Though I did see a report today that September sales were actually down. Blamed it on prices spiking which negated the advantage of low rates. Or maybe just because no deals can get finalized!

If I remember the saga, today's sale of the old place has been pushed to next week, but buying the new house tomorrow is still on. Hopefully that goes smoothly!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,543
    driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

mjfloyd1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

mjfloyd1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

An Indie Gas Station in town had their tanks loaded the wrong way, people who filled up with Diesel got PUG and those filling up with PUG got diesel. The oil company supplying the fuel made the mistake....it will be very costly to repair the cars....they estimate around 50 cars will be affected.
    https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/ontario-gas-station-mixes-up-diesel-and-premium-ruining-some-drivers-cars

Both fuels must be ignited to perform, but diesel uses air compression and gasoline requires a spark plug. If you put diesel in your gas engine, it will chug along until any gas is burned and then stop: your car won’t fire the diesel.

The gas-in-diesel is more deadly to your engine. While various scenarios dictate the extent of damage (Did you start your car? How much [correct] fuel was already in the tank? How far did you drive and infiltrate your engine with the wrong fuel?) when a consumer has unwittingly been provided the wrong fuel, it makes for a worst case.

Can you imagine what you would have to go through if you were caught in this mess? Repairs, rental car, dealing with the oil company....not knowing if your car will ever be right. Makes you wonder too, is it worth it buying gas at an indie to save a few cents per gallon, and what happens to these cars when they get traded in - who is the next owner?

There are ways to prevent that from happening, if they cared, but obviously they don’t. It must be cheaper to fix screw ups than preventing them. No mercy for stupidity.

jmonroe

How do you prevent it when the supplier puts diesel in the PUG storage and puts PUG in the diesel storage?
    That's what I would like to know too!

C’mon man, think about it for just a minute. Then, if you must, ask the question again.

jmonroe
    I guess you could have "keyed" hose ends different for diesel and gas, but they could still put the wrong fuel in the truck.

You could also pump fuel and smell it but I have no idea how much fuel needs to be pumped to clear the lines to the nozzle
    Having keyed nozzles is the answer but you have to do this all the way back to when you take the fuel out of the pipe lines from the refineries. Gas stations already have larger diameter nozzles on the the diesel nozzles to prevent them from being inserted in cars that require gas but the smaller diameter nozzle on the gas pumps can be inserted into the larger diameter filler tubes on diesel cars. This can be prevented by having a tab on the smaller diameter gas nozzle so it cannot enter the diesel cars filler tube. Now this would mean all drivers of gas powered cars would have to line up the tab on the nozzle to get it into their filler tube. Can you imagine all the moaning that gas powered cars owners would make if this happened? I’d be willing to bet that half of the women driving couldn’t do it and even some men couldn’t do it which is probably why car manufacturers haven’t done it.

On a related subject, remember when they first came out with “lead free gas” and they put a restricter in the filler tube of cars so you couldn’t put the larger diameter nozzle of “leaded gas” (that was still being sold for the older cars on the road) into cars designed for “lead free” gas? Back then the “leaded gas” was better for valve seats. So, me being a non-conformist, I decided to cut a few slots in the filler neck and open it up so I could get the larger diameter leaded nozzle into my “lead free” cars. When one wise guy at work wanted to know how I did this, I explained I took a rag and saturated it with oil then tied a small diameter piece of safety wire to the rag and pushed it into the filler tube so it would collect the metal saw dust created by a hack saw blade. Once I had a few relief cuts made in the restricter, I pulled out the rag that captured the metal saw dust then I whacked the metal to bend it in. This guy said something like, “that’s really brilliant, banging on a chisel and taking a chance of creating a spark”. He goes on and on about how dumb I was and when he was finished I asked him if he was done before I answered him. He said “yep, I’m done”. I then said I wasn’t using a steel chisel. I used a piece of copper sweat tubing (like what’s used in house supply plumbing) that I pounded flat on the end that struck the filler tube. I got one of those deer in the head light looks and he slithered away without another word. The other guys that were gathered around just smiled and asked for more details. Like the man said, “where there’s a will there’s a way”.

jmonroe

And who helped you push your car when the leaded fuel clogged up your cat?
    I guess you weren’t listening when I said I drained the pellets from my ‘75 Grand Prix cat. Yes, it had a screwed in plug on the bottom of it that allowed for that and then I installed a catalytic converter “test pipe” that I got from J. C. Whitney. Next up was my ‘80 Park Ave. By then GM wised up and used a pressed in plug on the bottom of the catalytic converter, maybe because of me and guys like me. So there was no way I was going to possibly ruin the cat digging that out (might have to install it some day if a state inspection shop called me on it) but by then catalytic converter “test pipes” were easy to come by at the local parts stores. Yes you’re right, I thought of everything. B)

jmonroe

I forget....now why did you go through all this hassle so you could use leaded gas instead of unleaded....was it to save a few bucks? And what does all this messing have to do with putting the right fuel in the right tank? The oil company admitted it was their delivery persons fault, if they put the wrong fuel in the wrong tank how can the gas station owner or the customer know they are getting the wrong fuel :o ?
    Oh boy here we go. I don’t know why I’m doing this to myself but I’ll try again. In the early days of “lead free” gas there were concerns that valve seats could be damaged because of the removal of the lead from gasoline. I was just trying to be sure that didn’t happen to any of my cars. Today that is no longer a concern because of advances in engine metallurgy. Believe me, I wasn’t trying to save a few pennies on gas. In fact, there was a period where “leaded gas” cost more than “unleaded gas”.

Now, you said, “And what does all this messing have to do with putting the right fuel in the right tank? “ Again, do you read what you write? If the right gas was put into the right tank, there wouldn’t have been a problem...right? :o

BTW, I never said or implied that a mistake wasn’t made or who made it. What I did say was that type of mistake could have been prevented if the gasoline industry cared to prevent it and I even mentioned a relatively simple way that it could have been done.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,905
    suydam said:

tjc, did you ever manage to close on your loan. My kids in Connecticut finally closed on theirs tonight — two weeks after the original close date. Apparently the underwriters are swamped with all the buying and selling going on. They had to get their rate lock extended and the movers are coming tomorrow morning — closing at the last possible second before they have to be out of their apartment. It’s been a wild ride for them for sure!

We are out of our old home and all our stuff is sitting on two trucks. The walk through on our new place was last night and we settle on that today at 10:30.

The old place we still don’t have a firm date. It was supposed to be Monday but I think that ship sailed now so my best guess is Wednesday or Thursday. I’m really hoping it doesn’t drag on too much longer.

This was one of the toughest transactions ever for us, but when we walked the home again we knew it was worth it. The previous owners gave us a giant folder with all the documentation, instructions for all the systems and a link to the developments FB page. My wife already joined and spoke to a few of the other Moms. There are a lot of young kids there. Our little subdivision was practically like an adult community, so a nice change. We were the only one with kids.

Fingers crossed all goes well from here.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    tjc78 said:

suydam said:

We are out of our old home and all our stuff is sitting on two trucks. The walk through on our new place was last night and we settle on that today at 10:30.

The old place we still don’t have a firm date. It was supposed to be Monday but I think that ship sailed now so my best guess is Wednesday or Thursday. I’m really hoping it doesn’t drag on too much longer.

This was one of the toughest transactions ever for us, but when we walked the home again we knew it was worth it. The previous owners gave us a giant folder with all the documentation, instructions for all the systems and a link to the developments FB page. My wife already joined and spoke to a few of the other Moms. There are a lot of young kids there. Our little subdivision was practically like an adult community, so a nice change. We were the only one with kids.

Good luck!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,975
    jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

mjfloyd1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

mjfloyd1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

An Indie Gas Station in town had their tanks loaded the wrong way, people who filled up with Diesel got PUG and those filling up with PUG got diesel. The oil company supplying the fuel made the mistake....it will be very costly to repair the cars....they estimate around 50 cars will be affected.
    https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/ontario-gas-station-mixes-up-diesel-and-premium-ruining-some-drivers-cars

Both fuels must be ignited to perform, but diesel uses air compression and gasoline requires a spark plug. If you put diesel in your gas engine, it will chug along until any gas is burned and then stop: your car won’t fire the diesel.

The gas-in-diesel is more deadly to your engine. While various scenarios dictate the extent of damage (Did you start your car? How much [correct] fuel was already in the tank? How far did you drive and infiltrate your engine with the wrong fuel?) when a consumer has unwittingly been provided the wrong fuel, it makes for a worst case.

Can you imagine what you would have to go through if you were caught in this mess? Repairs, rental car, dealing with the oil company....not knowing if your car will ever be right. Makes you wonder too, is it worth it buying gas at an indie to save a few cents per gallon, and what happens to these cars when they get traded in - who is the next owner?

There are ways to prevent that from happening, if they cared, but obviously they don’t. It must be cheaper to fix screw ups than preventing them. No mercy for stupidity.

jmonroe

How do you prevent it when the supplier puts diesel in the PUG storage and puts PUG in the diesel storage?
    That's what I would like to know too!

C’mon man, think about it for just a minute. Then, if you must, ask the question again.

jmonroe
    I guess you could have "keyed" hose ends different for diesel and gas, but they could still put the wrong fuel in the truck.

You could also pump fuel and smell it but I have no idea how much fuel needs to be pumped to clear the lines to the nozzle
    Having keyed nozzles is the answer but you have to do this all the way back to when you take the fuel out of the pipe lines from the refineries. Gas stations already have larger diameter nozzles on the the diesel nozzles to prevent them from being inserted in cars that require gas but the smaller diameter nozzle on the gas pumps can be inserted into the larger diameter filler tubes on diesel cars. This can be prevented by having a tab on the smaller diameter gas nozzle so it cannot enter the diesel cars filler tube. Now this would mean all drivers of gas powered cars would have to line up the tab on the nozzle to get it into their filler tube. Can you imagine all the moaning that gas powered cars owners would make if this happened? I’d be willing to bet that half of the women driving couldn’t do it and even some men couldn’t do it which is probably why car manufacturers haven’t done it.

On a related subject, remember when they first came out with “lead free gas” and they put a restricter in the filler tube of cars so you couldn’t put the larger diameter nozzle of “leaded gas” (that was still being sold for the older cars on the road) into cars designed for “lead free” gas? Back then the “leaded gas” was better for valve seats. So, me being a non-conformist, I decided to cut a few slots in the filler neck and open it up so I could get the larger diameter leaded nozzle into my “lead free” cars. When one wise guy at work wanted to know how I did this, I explained I took a rag and saturated it with oil then tied a small diameter piece of safety wire to the rag and pushed it into the filler tube so it would collect the metal saw dust created by a hack saw blade. Once I had a few relief cuts made in the restricter, I pulled out the rag that captured the metal saw dust then I whacked the metal to bend it in. This guy said something like, “that’s really brilliant, banging on a chisel and taking a chance of creating a spark”. He goes on and on about how dumb I was and when he was finished I asked him if he was done before I answered him. He said “yep, I’m done”. I then said I wasn’t using a steel chisel. I used a piece of copper sweat tubing (like what’s used in house supply plumbing) that I pounded flat on the end that struck the filler tube. I got one of those deer in the head light looks and he slithered away without another word. The other guys that were gathered around just smiled and asked for more details. Like the man said, “where there’s a will there’s a way”.

jmonroe

And who helped you push your car when the leaded fuel clogged up your cat?
    I guess you weren’t listening when I said I drained the pellets from my ‘75 Grand Prix cat. Yes, it had a screwed in plug on the bottom of it that allowed for that and then I installed a catalytic converter “test pipe” that I got from J. C. Whitney. Next up was my ‘80 Park Ave. By then GM wised up and used a pressed in plug on the bottom of the catalytic converter, maybe because of me and guys like me. So there was no way I was going to possibly ruin the cat digging that out (might have to install it some day if a state inspection shop called me on it) but by then catalytic converter “test pipes” were easy to come by at the local parts stores. Yes you’re right, I thought of everything. B)

jmonroe

I forget....now why did you go through all this hassle so you could use leaded gas instead of unleaded....was it to save a few bucks? And what does all this messing have to do with putting the right fuel in the right tank? The oil company admitted it was their delivery persons fault, if they put the wrong fuel in the wrong tank how can the gas station owner or the customer know they are getting the wrong fuel :o ?
    Oh boy here we go. I don’t know why I’m doing this to myself but I’ll try again. In the early days of “lead free” gas there were concerns that valve seats could be damaged because of the removal of the lead from gasoline. I was just trying to be sure that didn’t happen to any of my cars. Today that is no longer a concern because of advances in engine metallurgy. Believe me, I wasn’t trying to save a few pennies on gas. In fact, there was a period where “leaded gas” cost more than “unleaded gas”.

Now, you said, “And what does all this messing have to do with putting the right fuel in the right tank? “ Again, do you read what you write? If the right gas was put into the right tank, there wouldn’t have been a problem...right? :o

BTW, I never said or implied that a mistake wasn’t made or who made it. What I did say was that type of mistake could have been prevented if the gasoline industry cared to prevent it and I even mentioned a relatively simple way that it could have been done.

jmonroe

OK, Got it...you have to write clearer....not like an engineer.....and be brief, or get someone like me to translate.
    1) You did the fuel thing to your car because you thought unleaded was better for it....may or may not be true but fair enough.
    2) If the gasoline supplier used a different fitting when loading the fuels it would be fool proof.

It all makes sense once someone summarizes it and translates it. I learned in business, make things short and snappy, people don't want to wade through a lot of gobbledygook to get to the message.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,271
    Everything in my work is keyed. Oxygen, nitrous oxide, waste gas suction and also different fillers for different inhaled anesthetics. But I have had nurses hand me “yellow” gas and a “purple “ filler. Then you have to go through it all with them.

It can still get screwed up if someone pipes nitrous oxide to the oxygen connector etc.
    2 houses might be more expensive, but it’s better than having no house. I got a story about that. I’ll tell it later after your closing and move is done!

I hope that everything works out with the house closings.
  • bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    I can't believe that it is snowing outside. Must be one of the earliest snow I've experienced in Boston. If this continues there will be a lot of broken tree branches and power outages. Global warming or climate change? Some climatologists have a lot of explaining to do.
    mjfloyd1 said:

Everything in my work is keyed. Oxygen, nitrous oxide, waste gas suction and also different fillers for different inhaled anesthetics. But I have had nurses hand me “yellow” gas and a “purple “ filler. Then you have to go through it all with them.

It can still get screwed up if someone pipes nitrous oxide to the oxygen connector etc.

And then there is my friend who took "electrical" for 2 years at a community college. He graduated and went to get a job. They told him they couldn't hire him as an electrician. He asked why. They said they couldn't hire him because he was color blind.
    No matter how careful we are....someone will screw it up :)

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    ab348 said:

Man, that “mute user” function would sure be sweet.

I’d like one of those, too!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,543
    tjc78 said:

suydam said:

It sounds like you’ve laid the ground work for an excuse not to have your poster buddies over this weekend for a cook out to celebrate your new house.

Good luck. Maybe this Spring. 😎

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)

On the TV front, I'm going with either a 75" Samsung Q90T or a 75" Sony 950H. Sadly, the Q90T is actually a downgrade from last year's Q90. Even sadder, I can still get an 82" Q90- but it's $1,500 more than the 75" Q90T.

If you give me a vote, I say go with the Sony. I like their video processor in their TVs. And, every Sony I’ve owned has been rock solid.
    How is it going @graphicguy ?
    mjfloyd1 said:

How is it going @graphicguy ?

I’m OK. Getting used to the new “normal” for me. I know that’s an overused term. But, seems apropos. Just have to readjust my perspective, both figuratively and literally!

Thanks for asking!
    The long awaited Genesis GV70 is revealed. I like the exterior styling but the interior styling, not so much.
    Although not yet confirmed by Genesis, the GV70 will probably be powered by the same engines as found in the GV80, the 300 hp 2.5 L and 375 hp 3.5 L turbo engines with a starting price of $39,000.
    The GV70 is expected to compete with sports SUVs such as the BMW X3, Mercedes-Benz GLC, and Audi Q5. Apparently, the Lincoln Corsair and Cadillac XT4 are not sporty enough to be in the same class.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM4stXdBZ8g
  • omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702
    I know the root cause analysis method is widely used to reduce medical errors. But it looks for 1 cause when many layers may have converged to create an incident.

I like this youtube video for the PDSA cycle. It starts with a really cool drawing of the 2022 Genesis:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-ceS9Ta820&feature=emb_title

And this is really the best purple filter around. :smile:
    A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.
    edited October 2020
    The interior is sharp. But I detest the 2 spoke steering wheel. Reminds me of what Ford used in the early 70s. I would have to have the sports model 3 spoke wheel.

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    edited October 2020
    qbrozen said:

andres3 said:

qbrozen said:

Tell ya what, if a local dealer screwed me out of a few hundred bucks, you can be damned sure I would be back in that office to speak with that person I handed my fobs to.

Feel free to picket them for me. I'll help design the signs.
    Picketing? Good god, man. Building the sign would take more time than me going to confront the dude I handed my keys to.
    Chick - The problem is there were like 2 chicks that helped me, but I know one was the "main" one, but honestly, I don't think I could pick them out of a lineup of women. She wasn't particularly great looking or memorable; so if it was a lineup of supermodels, perhaps I could pick her out.

I see the confrontation going something like this:

Customer: I handed you two key FOB's 8/31/19 at approximately 8 AM!

Employee: Good god, that was like months ago, you expect me to remember back then.

Customer: I remember it well.

Employee: I haven't lost a key FOB in 8 years.

Customer: Neither have I, in far more than 8 years.

Employee: Can't help you, sorry.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    bwia said:

The long awaited Genesis GV70 is revealed. I like the exterior styling but the interior styling, not so much.

I know my fans are waiting for my verdict and I really like it....like it especially in red. I like the red interior in the sport model but like the luxury interior too....hard choice. They made it unique especially with the rear quarter window, and it is almost car or wagon like and not boxy SUV like. I like the Jaguar grill and the - I think it is Porsche rear lights. And the exhaust outlets are different and attractive....I am wondering how many more variations they can do on exhaust outlets!

driver100 said:

mjfloyd1 said:

So you thought it was worthwhile to screw yourself.

Probably would have been worthwhile to work through your lunch break and then leave work early.

Case closed.

You should have heard about the watch he tried to return to CVS without a receipt. He wanted them to find the video footage of when he bought the watch. Maybe the garage has a video of the returning of the keyss!
    Now you are embellishing that story. First, it was Rite Aid, I have nothing against CVS.

Second, the argument wasn't about accepting the return, it was about giving me what I paid for it, or what the manager preferred, giving me the reduced sale price, the sale price that started 1 hour earlier when they had opened just that morning. That was the crux of my argument, unless they thought I came in earlier that same day, and bought the watch, and then returned to give it back all within an hour or 2, that they should give me the proper full refund.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,305
    I would think the GV70 would compete with the Cadillac XT5 and Lincoln Nautilus. Corsair and XT4 are smaller, think Tucson size.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    andres3 said:

driver100 said:

mjfloyd1 said:

Probably would have been worthwhile to work through your lunch break and then leave work early.

Case closed.

You should have heard about the watch he tried to return to CVS without a receipt. He wanted them to find the video footage of when he bought the watch. Maybe the garage has a video of the returning of the keyss!
    Now you are embellishing that story. First, it was Rite Aid, I have nothing against CVS.

Second, the argument wasn't about accepting the return, it was about giving me what I paid for it, or what the manager preferred, giving me the reduced sale price, the sale price that started 1 hour earlier when they had opened just that morning. That was the crux of my argument, unless they thought I came in earlier that same day, and bought the watch, and then returned to give it back all within an hour or 2, that they should give me the proper full refund.
    Well, we should learn from our mistakes....and what we should learn here is to always get a receipt and keep it for awhile. You could be honest and most people are, but a business has to be cautious and a receipt is the legal proof.

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,934
    bwia said:

Although not yet confirmed by Genesis, the GV70 will probably be powered by the same engines as found in the GV80, the 300 hp 2.5 L and 375 hp 3.5 L turbo engines with a starting price of $39,000.
    The GV70 is expected to compete with sports SUVs such as the BMW X3, Mercedes-Benz GLC, and Audi Q5. Apparently, the Lincoln Corsair and Cadillac XT4 are not sporty enough to be in the same class.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM4stXdBZ8g

looks good. I like the sport interior. But seems like a really high center console for a CUV.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,646
    mjfloyd1 said:

It can still get screwed up if someone pipes nitrous oxide to the oxygen connector etc. </

Maybe your nurse is color blind.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,646
    bwia said:

I can't believe that it is snowing outside. Must be one of the earliest snow I've experienced in Boston. If this continues there will be a lot of broken tree branches and power outages. Global warming or climate change? Some climatologists have a lot of explaining to do.

Salt season has arrived. That cuts my useable fleet in half. :'(

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

GV70.....I like it....especially in that purple color. I just wonder how long Genesis can continue being sold in the same showroom as Hyundais, given the breadth of their new vehicles?

On the TV front, I'm going with either a 75" Samsung Q90T or a 75" Sony 950H. Sadly, the Q90T is actually a downgrade from last year's Q90. Even sadder, I can still get an 82" Q90- but it's $1,500 more than the 75" Q90T.

Wow, 75 inches is indeed a large TV. You must have an expansive home theater or a dedicated space in your basement. And I hope you will charge an admissions fee at least for the popcorn and drinks. I like a big tv myself but 75" is a bit much for me. Enjoy! and don't forget to invite us for the superbowl party.

mjfloyd1 said:

It can still get screwed up if someone pipes nitrous oxide to the oxygen connector etc. </

Maybe your nurse is color blind.</p>

Sadly she knew that it was a yellow bottle and a purple filler. She just didn’t know or understand that yellow goes with yellow
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,348

If you give me a vote, I say go with the Sony. I like their video processor in their TVs. And, every Sony I’ve owned has been rock solid.
    That's the way I'm leaning. Plus, Sony has DV, Samsung just has HDR10+

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,084
    GV70 doesn't do much for me based on what I see in that video. Not a fan of how they did that third side window, and are they suggesting that if you need a front plate it goes in the middle of the grille? The interior doesn't impress me either. But again, that's just based on that one video. Maybe in the flesh it is a knockout, who knows.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

edited October 2020
    bwia said:

Wow, 75 inches is indeed a large TV. You must have an expansive home theater or a dedicated space in your basement. And I hope you will charge an admissions fee at least for the popcorn and drinks. I like a big tv myself but 75" is a bit much for me. Enjoy! and don't forget to invite us for the superbowl party.
    When we remodeled the family room the seating position moved back about four feet. Currently I have a 50" Kuro Elite- it's going into the basement gaming system.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

mjfloyd1"
    Sadly she knew that it was a yellow bottle and a purple filler. She just didn’t know or understand that yellow goes with yellow

Maybe she thought the purple looked nicer with the yellow....nice contrast :p

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,324
    andres3 said:

driver100 said:

mjfloyd1 said:

Case closed.

Two thoughts come to mind. First is that it is and industry practice to refund the current sales price of an item in which the returner does not have the receipt.

The second is who buys a watch at Rite Aid?

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

My first thought was "are you really that stupid?"

Gee all this talk about high tech TV's and I am watching most of my shows on my laptop. :'(

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,084

Gee all this talk about high tech TV's and I am watching most of my shows on my laptop. :'(
    Beats using your phone.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

andres3 said:

driver100 said:

mjfloyd1 said:

Case closed.

Two thoughts come to mind. First is that it is and industry practice to refund the current sales price of an item in which the returner does not have the receipt.

A 3rd thought is; A store does not have to give anyone a refund unless their policy states that they will give you a refund. If they do offer a refund it is a courtesy thing and can be done under their terms, which means either show us the receipt of accept the lowest price the item was sold for.

We have a 55 inch TV. If the picture is too big you see every pore and pimple ;)

Congrats! Enjoy the new neighborhood. It was a cute little enclave.

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,385
    Congrats!
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
    ab348 said:

Beats using your phone.
    Well we have a 60 inch in the family room but sitting on our couch the field of view is actually smaller than the field of view with the laptop on my lap or at the table.

I’d go with the 82” but the 75” is already pushing the WAF to a significant level.

Good bye old friend, you served us well.

driver100 said:

andres3 said:

driver100 said:

mjfloyd1 said:

Case closed.

Well, we should learn from our mistakes....and what we should learn here is to always get a receipt and keep it for awhile. You could be honest and most people are, but a business has to be cautious and a receipt is the legal proof.
    That's why I like Costco, in this Century of computers there is no reason you should need a receipt to prove you bought something if you bought it "electronically" on a card. I'm sure they track your every move and purchase for selfish reasons, and not just so you can make returns without a receipt.
    edited October 2020
    driver100 said:

andres3 said:

driver100 said:

mjfloyd1 said:

Case closed.

There's cautious, and then there's the ridiculous and obtuse.

Knowing the sale started when they opened their doors that very same day, a reasonable policy would be to have at least a 24 hour buffer period before slashing someone's refund amount. I don't shop at stores without a return policy, so that sort of goes without saying. Calling it a courtesy is a bit much when not giving refunds for returned merchandise would be an anomaly in the retail field.
    edited October 2020

andres3 said:

driver100 said:

mjfloyd1 said:

Case closed.

For the second question, that's why I was returning the watch :smile: Smart teenager; though it was a mistake to ever patronize Rite Aid in the first place. I can see the employee stupidly following the dumb standard policy, but the Manager shouldn't have been that stupid. Going up the ladder one rung should have been enough to resolve the issue over a few bucks.