Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2020 Rav 4 XLE question

GuritasaGuritasa Member Posts: 2
edited October 2020 in Toyota
Hello
I have an offer to buy 2020 XLE with convenience package and paint seat protection for $26650 out the door. I have also gotten additional toyota platinum coverage to 10yr/100k miles and prepaid maintenance from the dealer for $2600 more.

About to say yes and after reading all negative comments regarding the issues with the vehicle (battery, steering etc) I am having second thoughts.

Asked the dealer for a lease quote and was given $344/month with $1350 down (fees+1st mnt payment) for 3yr/12k. Money factor i was given is 0.00193 and 63% residual. Dealer said he cannot give me $1750 toyota incentive on a lease

What are you experiences with rav4? Should I buy bc it is a bit cheaper price and 10yr full warranty or lease to make sure I don't get a lemon /car with problems and then buy it after 3 years? Zip is 29403

Thanks in advance

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Guritasa said:

Hello
    I have an offer to buy 2020 XLE with convenience package and paint seat protection for $26650 out the door. I have also gotten additional toyota platinum coverage to 10yr/100k miles and prepaid maintenance from the dealer for $2600 more.

About to say yes and after reading all negative comments regarding the issues with the vehicle (battery, steering etc) I am having second thoughts.

Asked the dealer for a lease quote and was given $344/month with $1350 down (fees+1st mnt payment) for 3yr/12k. Money factor i was given is 0.00193 and 63% residual. Dealer said he cannot give me $1750 toyota incentive on a lease

What are you experiences with rav4? Should I buy bc it is a bit cheaper price and 10yr full warranty or lease to make sure I don't get a lemon /car with problems and then buy it after 3 years? Zip is 29403

Thanks in advance

How long did you keep your last car?

How many years do you get the prepaid maintenance? (doesn't Toyota already give you 24 months for free?)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• GuritasaGuritasa Member Posts: 2
    10 years. Dealership is 5yr 50k. Toyota is 100k bumper to bumper
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Guritasa said:

10 years. Dealership is 5yr 50k. Toyota is 100k bumper to bumper

If you think you'll keep it for ten years, I'd buy it.

We haven't really seen much negative about it. The RAV4 holds it's value well. If you don't like it, you can always sell it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator