Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,434
    andres3 said:

stickguy said:

That could just be the sales side not being able to calculate tax and DMV fees exactly right. I think OTD prices screw them up, since they have to back into a sales price. But if you have an OTD price agreed to in writing, And they honor it, no big deal.

This will be my first deal through Docusign. They corrected the dollar amount.
    Just waiting on them to add to the "We Owe" sheet, which happens to be the 2nd to last sheet of 30 you have to sign..

The "We Owe" sheet should state "Shipping to San Diego" since they didn't charge me a single buck on the retail sheet/contract. No mention of it; the "We Owe" sheet is appropriate for that.
    You are buying this off their website pictures or you had them do a facetime video walkaround?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,556
    carnaught said:

I as a skeptic believe it is usually intentional. If I made a verbal agreement and it is not adhered to, the deal is off.

We insisted on a written IOU for front bumper plugs on the RDX because they weren't installed when we arrived to take delivery after being verbally promised they would be.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • Options
    tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,606

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    pensfan83 said:

sda said:

I've been receiving solicitations from the local Audi dealer to have the battery checked in the Q5, 15% off replacement. I have no idea if the battery is original and the car is 4+ years old. So far the battery seems fine but it really hasn't been cold yet. I guess I should have it tested. Thankfully the battery is located under the floor of the cargo area and not under the front seat like the Q7. I replaced the battery in the TL less than a month ago.

I've received a few solicitations direct from BMW they would come to the house to complete the airbag recall. It was already done but I probably would have taken advantage seeing as my preferred dealer isn't all that close and don't offer loaners if a car is over a certain age. A stance I found out through survey feedback wasn't entirely accurate.
    One of the nice things about my local BMW dealer. Loaner for anything, no questions asked.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    tifighter said:
    Because of the color, maybe?

Seems like a strange choice.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,796
    nyccarguy said:

xwesx said:

Oh, and while I was at all of this, I went ahead and did a permanent install of a trickle charger in the car so that I can just plug it in from the bumper when needed rather than popping the hood, etc. While I was under the car, I confirmed that, yes, the car really does have an oil leak coming through the bottom of the bell housing, so now I get to take it back to the dealer for them to fix what they should have fixed back in August. I swear these guys will do anything to avoid warranty claims sometimes. :/

A customer of mine has a 2014 or 2015 Cayenne Diesel. He has close to 180K miles on it. He has noticed a very small oil leak which has gotten worse over the last year. The dealer’s diagnosis was that all the seals on the bottom of the engine are bad and need to be replaced. The dealer told him it is an “engine out” procedure that will cost him upwards of $12,000.
    yeah, mine is supposedly an "engine out" affair as well... which is why I want them to take care of it while it is still under warranty!
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    kyfdx said:

@xwesx could fix those seals in his driveway. ;)

That's true! But, what a PITA to pull a diesel engine. Those suckers are monsters compared to even the largest gas engines.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    qbrozen said:

xwesx said:

I pulled the battery (from under the seat... a real PITA to access, even when it is not -20F outside)

I need to know: what seat?? On an SUV? That seems very odd.
    Driver seat. There are two large bolts that hold the front of the seat rail, and the back of the rail is hinged. I must go around behind the seat to pull all the plastic "pretty" cladding off the back of the rails, then it will hinge toward the rear passenger compartment to allow access under it. But, the clearance is poor, and the battery is huge (weighs about 60#, and it goes in at an angle...length-wise!).
  • Options
    tjc78 said:

The dealer I bought my S60 has no 2020's and only one loaner but it's a T5. I'm not so sure I want the XC90 without the T6. Thoughts?

You're right... you don't! Dealer swap, if you really want to get ahold of one, or just travel a bit to snag one.
  • Options
    tifighter said:

qbrozen said:

In speaking with him about my rental, he explained that I had the Voyager, and he is of the opinion the Pacifica feels like an entirely different vehicle. Better suspension, parts quality, etc.

I drove a Pacifica rental from LA to SEA earlier this year. It is a very good road trip car - quiet, decent power, comfortable. I was pretty impressed. One of the new AWD ones with the stow and go would be a super versatile ride.
    Wow, they brought back AWD as an option.... AND it has stow-n-go? That's great combo!
  • Options
    tjc78 said:

They don’t eat in the car and the carpets are dark so it actually cleans up well.

Steering wheel is a little tough to keep but not bad if you keep up on it.

Wife is thinking it over. Not sure if she wants the payment leap.

That's a whole lot of white, but, if those are the colors she wants, that certainly looks like "the one." What did you say that you were paying for the current hauler? I thought it was >$500? If so, this seems like a reasonable leap given the jump in luxury. I agree that she doesn't "need" it, but "want" counts for something, too.

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095
    edited November 2020
    Is that their base model of that Volvo family? It looks nice and the interior colors work for me (not that it matters!) but is that big slab of black across the passenger side of the dash just matte black plastic? It kind of looks like it from the pics but I can't tell.

I still find it hard to believe that lease pricing can't be matched by GM on an Enclave or XT6.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,267
    xwesx said:

Wow, they brought back AWD as an option.... AND it has stow-n-go? That's great combo!

If my memory is correct, it's an electronic AWD system, so no driveshaft, and probably not a ton of torque, but enough to help get you going from a dead stop.
  • Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,926
    ab348 said:

Is that their base model of that Volvo family? It looks nice and the interior colors work for me (not that it matters!) but is that big slab of black across the passenger side of the dash just matte black plastic? It kind of looks like it from the pics but I can't tell.

I still find it hard to believe that lease pricing can't be matched by GM on an Enclave or XT6.

Yes it’s a Momentum, but a T6 with some options which adds about 10K to base price. It’s actually equipped like my Inscription (top trim) S60.

It’s got the nicer screens, NAV, pro-pilot assist, heated leather front and rear seats, pano and Harmon audio.

Loaded enough for me. I would prefer a wood trim there like my car, but not a deal breaker.

As for GM? Who knows, their leases flat out stink right now and if it were me this Volvo would be signed already. Wife can’t make up her mind.

I doubt this unit will make the weekend.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,671
    Anybody else having trouble posting pictures or emotorcons?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    edited November 2020
    andres3 said:

If all of you are real true CCBA's, you should all be all over these; what's not to like:

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rxY2jpDQ/2019-ford-mustang-bullitt beautiful green and the enthusiasts Mustang.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3olN8gkE/2016-bmw-m235i-coupe A not so soft BMW.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3R0pGMNv/2015-bmw-m5-30-jahre-edition expensive, but I imagine it has the SMG transmission?

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/r4ZqDzkV/1994-toyota-supra-turbo I think these are prettier than the new ones.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/r4B8L1ok/2005-mercedes-benz-e500-4matic-wagon A V8 wagon in a great color combo. How could you possibly go wrong?

That Mustang is selling for the same price I saw one new at a dealership.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options

:p
    ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

:p
    ;)
    Yeah, but are you using the drop down box above the comment section?

I know I don't use that.....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    @oldfarmer50,
    Did you scroll down to see the list of mods on that Mustang?
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702

Sometimes I have to use the never popular Edge browser to get the drop down menu to work. :@
    A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.
  • Options
    corvette said:

xwesx said:

If my memory is correct, it's an electronic AWD system, so no driveshaft, and probably not a ton of torque, but enough to help get you going from a dead stop.
    I cannot quickly find a lot of information about it out there, but Chrysler says that it can transfer 100% of power fore or aft, so that makes me think there must be a mechanical connection. Perhaps the hybrid version uses a separate electric system to allow for AWD in those.
  • Options

I periodically have trouble with it for years and years. It seems to most consistently work with Chrome, but even that browser will sometimes not work.
  • Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,733
    Sigh; decided to get buy quotes from Carvana and Vroom on the '13 XF. Not pretty, Carvana about 5% higher than Vroom. Maybe I'll make a Carmax appt. next.
    While I've had the car close to 7 years now, it is a '13, so an 8 y.o. car. Which still looks and drives great! Showing no signs of any issues, but then again, when the Keyless Vehicle Module went a few years ago, no signs; it just died (under warranty!). I'll probably be needing front brakes soon, should do a new battery...

I expected not big numbers, but was surprised nonetheless.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    nyccarguy said:

andres3 said:

stickguy said:

That could just be the sales side not being able to calculate tax and DMV fees exactly right. I think OTD prices screw them up, since they have to back into a sales price. But if you have an OTD price agreed to in writing, And they honor it, no big deal.

Just waiting on them to add to the "We Owe" sheet, which happens to be the 2nd to last sheet of 30 you have to sign..

The "We Owe" sheet should state "Shipping to San Diego" since they didn't charge me a single buck on the retail sheet/contract. No mention of it; the "We Owe" sheet is appropriate for that.
    You are buying this off their website pictures or you had them do a facetime video walkaround?
    It's a BMW dealership, and they originally asked for the moon so that made me feel like they thought highly of the S4. Lots of pics, and yes, 2 short videos which is like a facetime. Also, only 32,xxx miles. Fully loaded prestige model, only knock on it is I'd be the 3rd owner.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,948

Sigh; decided to get buy quotes from Carvana and Vroom on the '13 XF. Not pretty, Carvana about 5% higher than Vroom. Maybe I'll make a Carmax appt. next.
    While I've had the car close to 7 years now, it is a '13, so an 8 y.o. car. Which still looks and drives great! Showing no signs of any issues, but then again, when the Keyless Vehicle Module went a few years ago, no signs; it just died (under warranty!). I'll probably be needing front brakes soon, should do a new battery...

Well? How much?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,557
    I love that Estoril 235, especially with that color interior. That looks like a fun car.

that generation Supra always seems to big and bulbous to me. I just never really liked them. The mid 80s wedge models, that is what I lust after.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,362
    kyfdx said:

pensfan83 said:

sda said:

I've been receiving solicitations from the local Audi dealer to have the battery checked in the Q5, 15% off replacement. I have no idea if the battery is original and the car is 4+ years old. So far the battery seems fine but it really hasn't been cold yet. I guess I should have it tested. Thankfully the battery is located under the floor of the cargo area and not under the front seat like the Q7. I replaced the battery in the TL less than a month ago.

I've received a few solicitations direct from BMW they would come to the house to complete the airbag recall. It was already done but I probably would have taken advantage seeing as my preferred dealer isn't all that close and don't offer loaners if a car is over a certain age. A stance I found out through survey feedback wasn't entirely accurate.
    One of the nice things about my local BMW dealer. Loaner for anything, no questions asked.
    Same here; my dealer gave me an M340i xDrive loaner when I brought my Club Sport in for an Oil Service.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,556
    My Acura dealer has a liberal loaner policy too so I was surprised but it's not a big deal. I only plan to use them for oil changes anyway.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,392
    So I watched the WD Viggen episode. They did A LOT more work than they reported. At first glance I can see they replaced the clutch, refinished/replaced the wheels, and put on new tires. Probably an additional $2000 in parts, not including labor. Also, I’d love to know where they found a Viggen bumper for $587...suffice to say, they took a major loss on this car.

Anyway, great car (I miss mine though it is not nearly as refined as the ZHP), but they don’t hold their value well at all. Bringing one back from the brink is a labor of love and not because it’ll net you any money...
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options

• Options

@oldfarmer50,
    Did you scroll down to see the list of mods on that Mustang?

The SC is worth five grand I’d guess.

• Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Beautiful vehicle but with young kids, even though no eating in car allowed, could be a bit tough. But if y'all really like it, why not. I know a lot of $ is being spent on your move and all, but get what's going to make her happy and don't look back. I know first hand what it's like to get into a vehicle and within a short period of time knowing it was big mistake! It's no problem if it's within a day or two and one can switch out of it, but if one is stuck, those three years can seem like an eternity! As I recall, by the one year mark, I had had enough and within a coupe of weeks, I fixed my mistake and never looked back.
    All I'm sayin' here is get what she really wants and for a bit, cut back somewhere else!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    We're on our fourth battery in the A3 and we've ad it 6 years on the 1st. Think the dealer gave her the last free one last month because they read the computer wrong. She's already at around 58K. But she did ask when checking out if they were sure it's going to be covered under warranty, and they said yes. She got lucky I guess because a week before when my battery died, I had to pay a nominal fee because the Interstate battery died in it's 23rd month. But, I was more than happy to pay the small fee to get a new replacement. Down here in South Florida, the intense heat does a number on the life of a battery, this is my fourth battery also in 6 years which is nuts! Or maybe German vehicles have so much electrical stuff that they go through batteries at a quicker rate than other brands.
    Whatever, when the battery is dead in anything, one must replace it or have a brick on their hands!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    Enterprise got in a large number of Toyota and Chevrolet vehicles up at PBI yesterday. We spent most of the day driving these new vehicles to different locations so they cold be rented out to customers. We had Chevrolet Spark's and Trax's while there were Toyota Corolla LE's, Camry SX's & Rav4's. All 2021 models so assuming even though we bought a lot of 2020's from Hertz, we're still buying increasing the fleet. Folks are always going to need rental vehicles and eventually when the pandemic is almost gone, travel, even business travel, will ramp up again. Maybe not as much as pre-Covid but, it'll still increase. What this last year has shown many is that a lot of work can be done remotely from home so thinking that business travel will probably stay with this new norm for some, but not all, business travel.

• Options
    breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710
    edited November 2020
    andres3 said:

nyccarguy said:

andres3 said:

stickguy said:

It's a BMW dealership, and they originally asked for the moon so that made me feel like they thought highly of the S4. Lots of pics, and yes, 2 short videos which is like a facetime. Also, only 32,xxx miles. Fully loaded prestige model, only knock on it is I'd be the 3rd owner.
    Congrats. Seems the prestige trim is fairly rare on the S4, so that’s nice. DSG I assume?

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• Options
    breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710
    I like that Estoril Blue M235i...if/when I’m ready to get back into a manual trannie for my fun car, the 2-series is definitely on the short list.

The 228i I had was such a great all around value, but I would go for the extra power this next go around. M2 maybe, but for the way I drive, an M235i/240i should be way more than enough.

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• Options
    edited November 2020

Enterprise got in a large number of Toyota and Chevrolet vehicles up at PBI yesterday. We spent most of the day driving these new vehicles to different locations so they cold be rented out to customers. We had Chevrolet Spark's and Trax's while there were Toyota Corolla LE's, Camry SX's & Rav4's. All 2021 models so assuming even though we bought a lot of 2020's from Hertz, we're still buying increasing the fleet. Folks are always going to need rental vehicles and eventually when the pandemic is almost gone, travel, even business travel, will ramp up again. Maybe not as much as pre-Covid but, it'll still increase. What this last year has shown many is that a lot of work can be done remotely from home so thinking that business travel will probably stay with this new norm for some, but not all, business travel.

I think Enterprise got smart in that I think they sold a lot of the cars they got from Hertz when the market was hot. I know we got a lot of Subarus in from there and for a while that’s a lot of what we were delivering to dealers. Then our lots got empty and we didn’t have enough cars to supply the offices.

Now our lots are packed again to the point that when we come to work we have to park way in the back with the wrecks.

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095
    I always liked the Passat. Seems like a very well put-together design inside and out.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    ab348 said:

I always liked the Passat. Seems like a very well put-together design inside and out.

Agreed. Had one as a loaner once and even the wife was impressed with it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,986
    sda said:

Though not as high tech as some of the current models offered, I do like the clear gauges, and easy to use controls. As I’ve had VWs in the past, no learning curve.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    The Passat is a nice car. A buddy of mine had a loaded up one. I drove it a few times. Handled well and was powerful.

Looking good! Both of mine are dirty, have to get them cleaned up.

• Options

Beautiful vehicle but with young kids, even though no eating in car allowed, could be a bit tough. But if y'all really like it, why not. I know a lot of $ is being spent on your move and all, but get what's going to make her happy and don't look back. I know first hand what it's like to get into a vehicle and within a short period of time knowing it was big mistake! It's no problem if it's within a day or two and one can switch out of it, but if one is stuck, those three years can seem like an eternity! As I recall, by the one year mark, I had had enough and within a coupe of weeks, I fixed my mistake and never looked back.
    All I'm sayin' here is get what she really wants and for a bit, cut back somewhere else!

We did good on our move. A decent amount of equity was able to be cashed out to buy all the stuff we need for the new home. At 2.75% why not?

As for the colors. It’s black carpet so I’m not worried at all. I have had the kids in mine a lot lately and other than normal dust and debris it’s fine. The leather cleans up easy.

• Options
    qbrozen said:

Well? How much?
    Vroom was $9k; Carvana $9462. I described honestly, and understand the game, but really expected $10k+. Just inputting data on KBB, just over $11k. No matter, it'll bring whatever market vehicle I end up employing as it is valued.

Something bad happened to my left knee last Monday during an abbreviated run. It occasionally had pain, likely from a lifetime of skiing, one too many jumps and/or bumps. And then the last 5-6 years of running, it actually seemed to flare up after I ran a 10k. Been RICE-ing it; Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. Slowly feeling better, but no running until next week. And, makes thinking about a third pedal a little tougher.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,557
    were you just poking around, or getting serious? Which of course means picking a replacement. Might as well go get a trade offer in that case (a newer Jag?)

I do see avoiding a long term commitment to a stick if you have left knee issues. Thankfully, one of the body parts on me that still works fine is my left knee!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    Poking around, getting real world quotes to have when discussing a trade value. Thinking it may be time, but still so enjoy the car. And, considering buying a new home in the next year with the fiancee, so debating the merits of taking on new debt, or emptying the piggy bank. But, my credit score is pretty decent, so maybe not an issue.

Still a dearth of (new, especially) cars in my area, from observation. But, I'll update if/when I progress.

• Options

qbrozen said:

Well? How much?
    Vroom was $9k; Carvana $9462. I described honestly, and understand the game, but really expected $10k+. Just inputting data on KBB, just over $11k. No matter, it'll bring whatever market vehicle I end up employing as it is valued.

Something bad happened to my left knee last Monday during an abbreviated run. It occasionally had pain, likely from a lifetime of skiing, one too many jumps and/or bumps. And then the last 5-6 years of running, it actually seemed to flare up after I ran a 10k. Been RICE-ing it; Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. Slowly feeling better, but no running until next week. And, makes thinking about a third pedal a little tougher.
    That’s what has kept me away from getting a stick as my primary vehicle. That, and the thought of getting stuck in traffic while driving one.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Looks like JR went to the wrong rental agency. He has some positive comments about the Passat though.

https://youtu.be/CyXGbYJRxbY

• Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,267
    I would not have made an O'Reilly's run to get a quart of 0w20 for a rental. It would have gotten whatever was laying around in my garage.