Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2006 Hyundai Azera Windshield Wiper Problem

zebra_1zebra_1 Member Posts: 1
edited November 2020 in Hyundai
I have a 2006 Azera Limited. The windsheild wipers worked one day and not the next. No warning that something was going bad. I get washer fluid when I pull back on the control arm (off steering wheel) but the wipers do not engage at any speed. No movement at all. No griding. slipping, binding to suggest something has detached is or beginning to fail . . . just no response.

I checked the 25A "WIPER" fuse in the interior fuse panel and it is OK.

I am not sure where the wiper motor is located as it is not easily seen in the engine compartment. Next logical step would be to probe out connector to wiper motor and verify wiper control switch is working properly. Is wiper motor under the plastic exterior vent cover on the windshield or is it accessed somewhere inside vehicle (e.g. behind glove box)? Any recommendations on how to debug/solve/repair?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    tbowyertbowyer Member Posts: 1
    Hi zebra1,
    I have a 2006 Azera that the same thing happened two days ago. Just wondering if you ever found an answer?
  • Options
    ZonaZona Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2020
    @zebra_1 we have same problem with ours . I just watched a video on YouTube where the fuse box itself is bad there's relays inside of it that cost $2,000 to repair that but you can take the number off of that box Google it and get for 260 bucks that's the only other fix I've heard of we need the old school cars back
  • Options
    ZonaZona Member Posts: 2
    Search for the problem on YouTube and there's a video about it