Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Question about promotional financing

New_car_shopper1New_car_shopper1 Member Posts: 12
edited December 2020 in Subaru
Does anyone know if there is a manufacture-to-dealer that the dealer loses if a buyer elects the 0% Subaru advertises?

Trying to figure out if the dealers will try to increase the sales price if you want to go the 0% route...

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185

Does anyone know if there is a manufacture-to-dealer that the dealer loses if a buyer elects the 0% Subaru advertises?

Trying to figure out if the dealers will try to increase the sales price if you want to go the 0% route...

Thanks in advance!

What is your location?

Which Subaru model?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited December 2020
    2021 Ascent, 95117 ZIP
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,305

Thanks in advance!

2021 Ascent, 95117 ZIP

No purchase incentives for the 2021 Ascent.

Just 0% financing for up to 60 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Michaell said:

Thanks in advance!

2021 Ascent, 95117 ZIP

Michaell - do you know if the dealer loses any sort of manufacture-to-dealer incentive when a customer chooses 0% financing? I know this is the case for some manufacturers with promotional financing and the dealers "try" to pass the lost incentive onto the customer by increasing the sales price - that's really the part I am curious about with Subaru.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,305

Michaell said:

Thanks in advance!

2021 Ascent, 95117 ZIP

Michaell - do you know if the dealer loses any sort of manufacture-to-dealer incentive when a customer chooses 0% financing? I know this is the case for some manufacturers with promotional financing and the dealers "try" to pass the lost incentive onto the customer by increasing the sales price - that's really the part I am curious about with Subaru.
    I don't see any factory-to-dealer incentives on the Ascent, so nothing for them to lose if you choose 0%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Michaell said:

Michaell said:

Thanks in advance!

2021 Ascent, 95117 ZIP

I don't see any factory-to-dealer incentives on the Ascent, so nothing for them to lose if you choose 0%.
    Great - thanks for sharing the info!
  • Options

2021 Ascent, 95117 ZIP

It's always possible that the dealer can "participate" in any bumped up APR that they get you to agree to.

While there is no "incentive" to lose, it's imperative that you make clear your intention to use the special financing, when beginning negotiations. You might find that you've negotiated a price that they'll only honor if you agree to 4%-5% finance rates (which SMF would compensate them for)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

2021 Ascent, 95117 ZIP

It's always possible that the dealer can "participate" in any bumped up APR that they get you to agree to.

While there is no "incentive" to lose, it's imperative that you make clear your intention to use the special financing, when beginning negotiations. You might find that you've negotiated a price that they'll only honor if you agree to 4%-5% finance rates (which SMF would compensate them for)
    This is interesting to me because seldom has payment method ever come up for while negotiating price. I guess I'd be pretty surprised/annoyed if I ever go the end of the process and decided to pay cash and was told they couldn't honor a price unless I financed with them.

• Options

kyfdx said:

2021 Ascent, 95117 ZIP

This is interesting to me because seldom has payment method ever come up for while negotiating price. I guess I'd be pretty surprised/annoyed if I ever go the end of the process and decided to pay cash and was told they couldn't honor a price unless I financed with them.

It happens all the time..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited December 2020
    I received an email from Subaru of America about a $1,000 pre paid Visa gift card promo on the purchase of a new Ascent. Does any know if that is combinable with the 0% APR offer?
  • Options

I received an email from Subaru of America about a $1,000 pre paid Visa gift card promo on the purchase of a new Ascent. Does any know if that is combinable with the 0% APR offer?

Sorry, no info on that

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator