Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Warranty

ConvertiblegirlConvertiblegirl Member Posts: 1
edited October 2020 in Mercedes-Benz
Hi just bought a used MB E 400 Cabriolet. There is some warranty left. Is it worth it to invest in a warranty now? If so is it best to get it fr a dealership? Do all dealership warranties cost the same?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185

Hi just bought a used MB E 400 Cabriolet. There is some warranty left. Is it worth it to invest in a warranty now? If so is it best to get it fr a dealership? Do all dealership warranties cost the same?
    Thanks

Extended warranties are very, very expensive. Dealers are free to charge whatever they want.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Ahmadski03Ahmadski03 Member Posts: 11
    If you told us that you just bought a 2018 Honda Civic with a little bit of factory warranty left on the car then I'd say okay no problem but the key words in your post are: MB, E400, Cabriolet, invest, and warranty. Nothing against MB, but there arent many local mechanics how'd be willing to work on those German cars as they require special tools and also are a bit more sophisticated than their Japanese competitors. This forces consumers to take their cars to the dealership and of course the service advisors are paid on how much they charge clients for service and repair.
    Let me correct "kyfdx" on his response to your post: Extended warranties on German cars are expensive... not "very, very expensive". Dealers are not free to charge whatever they want. There is a ton of information online for anyone to get away with "charging whatever they want". Plus you can always shop warranty prices between dealerships.
    So to answer your question, I would definitely talk to your local MB dealership and inquire about your extended warranty options and definitely consider buying it sooner rather than later because prices will go up as you rack up more miles and the car gets older.
    There are things in our lives that we need "insurance/warranties" on them, and luxury cars are one of them!
    Good luck ~