Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Turning in my car early to another dealer

char07char07 Member Posts: 31
edited January 2021 in Mercedes-Benz
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this but I currently have a Mercedes C300 and would like to lease a new vehicle.

I am at 30k miles out of 36k miles with 13 months remaining on my contract.

Is it possible for me to go to another dealer (e.g., Toyota, Honda, Ford) lease a new car with them and give them the Mercedes? Will there be any penalties associated with this? Will I not be able to negotiate using MF and other variables due to giving them the car?

I would just like some insight and thoughts around this.

Thank you all!

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    char07 said:

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this but I currently have a Mercedes C300 and would like to lease a new vehicle.

I am at 30k miles out of 36k miles with 13 months remaining on my contract.

Is it possible for me to go to another dealer (e.g., Toyota, Honda, Ford) lease a new car with them and give them the Mercedes? Will there be any penalties associated with this? Will I not be able to negotiate using MF and other variables due to giving them the car?

I would just like some insight and thoughts around this.

Thank you all!

The dealer would have to agree to take your car in trade, and buy it from MBFS. There is a strong chance that their offer for your car would be lower than the current buyout to MBFS. In that case, you'd have negative equity to roll over to the new car. You can't just turn it in.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    char07char07 Member Posts: 31
    Thanks for your reply @kyfdx! Would it be better to turn it back into Mercedes for another Mercedes?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    char07 said:

Thanks for your reply @kyfdx! Would it be better to turn it back into Mercedes for another Mercedes?

Getting a trade-in quote from a Mercedes dealer would be a good place to start. You might find the negative equity is too high to make trading it feasible.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator