Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Dakota Owners - Photo Gallery

bonnie_rickbonnie_rick Member Posts: 115
edited March 2014 in Dodge
download times, please confine your pictures to
this topic. Appreciate it!

Bonnie Rick
Conferences Manager, Town Hall
Edmunds.com

Comments

• andy_jordanandy_jordan Member Posts: 764
    Kind of ironic that I should post here first given that my knowledge of html is only slightly greater than my knowledge of Martian life expectancy.

However, pictures on the web can be posted by embedding html code in your post.

To post a picture you need to type src= followed by the http address, and then embed the whole thing inside these symbols - < on the left and > on the right.

I can't really give a full example because it would show a picture - but hopefully you get the idea.

By the way if you post and see the code instead of the picture that doesn't mean it didn't work - the person who posts still sees the code because they can edit it, but everyone else sees the picture.
  • vmanvman Member Posts: 103

...until I get a better pic with some of the accessories installed.

This shoud help:

< img src=http:// (actual link)/picture.jpg > - leave out the spaces after/before the arrows and supply the actual link/location of the file (no parenth's).
  • colbatescolbates Member Posts: 37
    Can someone post a pic of a Quad Cab with the Safari bar? I'm interested in buying them, but I want to see it first installed on a vehicle. :-)
  • thewink1thewink1 Member Posts: 21
    here's a picture of my quad. 4.7 l, slt, only mods are line-x spray in liner and tinted rear window.http://file:///C:/My Documents/truck.jpg&gt;
    i have no idea whether i'm doing this right hope you see a picture
  • thewink1thewink1 Member Posts: 21
  • bookittybookitty Member Posts: 1,303
    Wink, you're 0 for 2. The next one is low and away.

Bookitty
  • iowabigguyiowabigguy Member Posts: 552
    Well I followed instructions, lets see if this works. Here is a recent picture of my Quad with a Leer 100XQ topper installed.

http://www.geocities.com/rsheeres_pics/quad1.jpg&gt;
  • bobemotobobemoto Member Posts: 29
    I think you needed the letters "img " just after the open angle bracket.

The pictures apparently must exist elsewhere on the web. Is there a way of embedding the pictures like can be done with email?
    The img in front of the src= is what it took. Now how I got here. I went to Yahoo.com and first set up a photo album but I could only direct people to the index. Then they would have to log onto the site to see the pictures. While I was on Yahoo I found a path that allowed me to set up a home page on Geocities.com. Once I set up my home page (free by the way) I uploaded my picture to my home page. Once everything was set up I got the http:// address for the picture and the rest is history. I cropped and reduced the picture down to a final size of 640 by 402 pixels.
    Are there any 56K modem users who can tell me how bad the load time is for message 12? I don't want to clutter up the photo gallery if it results in extreme load times. I have a DSL so it is almost instantaneous. I scribbled my previous attempt to keep the clutter down. Rick
  • themacguythemacguy Member Posts: 417
    It took less than 5 seconds to load this Topic = w/ all your pix - with my Mac 400mhz G4 56k at work. It took a bit over 10 seconds with my Mac 180mhz PPC 604e running a 56k modem through AOL - showing a 31.2 modem 'link' - at home. My Mac laptop - non-PPC version Powerbook 190 greyscale model - took about 15 seconds running a 33.6 modem that showed a 'link' of 28.8, so no problems loading with all three really. ps - nice truck.
    Rick, thanks for sharing your photos with us and for your all out effort to finally bring them to fruition. Great looking truck, but I hope you are not holding that young girl against her will.

Bookitty
  • tgr1tgr1 Member Posts: 92
    My 4.7, auto, 3.92, lsd, bought 12/27/99. Here goes:
    http://www.geocities.com/tgrarm/photopage.html
    I gave up trying to figure how to post the picture of the truck only. <?*$#@!> Didn't want to plaster 10 different attempts on the board. Sorry.
    You need to put img in front of scr like this img scr=http://www.geocities.com/tgrarm/photopage.html If you do that your picture will be shown. Don't forget to put the start < and end > brackets around the above.

If you double click on the number of your message ie. #17 & #18 you will be given an option to scribble your message, this will erase any unsuccessful Attempts. I had to erase a few before I got it right. Rick

I also had to redo my first message because I was displaying your truck when I typed my example. Rick

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If this is the way, will it show all images on my page? Is there a way to direct to a specific image on a page, or do I need one image per page?
    Thanks.
    My 4.7 with line-x and mopar side steps:
    imagehttp://www.geocities.com/tgrarm/truckphotos.html
    tgr1 there should be a picture of your quad above if I did this right. You neglected to put the close bracket at the end of the string> I double clicked on the line with your geocities address and then when I saw your truck photo page (only one picture on the album page?) I right clicked on the picture and looked at the properties. I cut and pasted the address of the picture into the message and here is your truck. This is what I used for the address http://www.geocities.com/tgrarm/dsc_dakota.jpg

I hope this helps. Once you get your picture up I'll scribble my message with your Quad Picture.
    Rick
  • bonnie_rickbonnie_rick Member Posts: 115
    that skewed the screens...Watch the size of your images or posts, folks...

Bonnie Rick
    conferences Manager, Town Hall
    Edmunds.com
    Bonnie, This would be a good time to offer some
    suggestions on posting pictures. Do you have any
    suggestions on the best size to post. I uploaded
    my pictures in message #12 at 640x480 figuring it
    should display properly even on a vga only screen.
    I saw no evidence of skewed pictures on my display
    but it is 800x600. We are all learning here so
    please provide suggestions. Thanks, Rick
  • maldbnsfmaldbnsf Member Posts: 3
    I have a few Photos of my Quad and work that I have done to it.

Thanks,
    Don Mallett
    www.geocities.com/maldbnsf
    '00 QC 4x2 SLT+, 4.7L, 3.55 rear, 4 speed auto, H/D Service Group, K&N home brew air filter, Cat back Flow-Pro Dual System, Mobil 1 Oil & Gear lub., Oil cooler, 180 T-stat, Tonneau cover, Autolite 3923 plugs.
    Thanks for all your help. Yes, I made a seperate page with just the one photo of the truck. I'm sure lots of others are learning from my page, and your instructions. 120+ hits on my page in just 4 days! I think I should start charging for ad space.
  • gallen1586gallen1586 Member Posts: 33
    Here is the link to my web page that has the picture of my truck
    http://hometown.aol.com/gallen1586/myhomepage/profile.html
  • resqmanresqman Member Posts: 71
    gallen1586,

I like the painted fascia with the Chrome bumpers. Nice looking truck! Most excellent color choice.
    gallen1586, great photo and information detail. Actually, wonderful and talented daughter. Thank you.

Bookitty
  • steve234steve234 Member Posts: 460
    Anyone have a clue as to where 35, 36 and 37 are?
  • astaasta Member Posts: 122
    Hey gallen1586: nice photo! That's not a sport version of the truck, right? No chrome bumpers on that truck, I thought. So, did you paint the fascia yourself to match the red? Or did it come stock?
    ditto bookitty on the daughter - nice job.
  • ohc_babyohc_baby Member Posts: 116

• knkresortknkresort Member Posts: 79
    Thanks for the pictures, but I like the 00 Quad interior better.

KnK
  • bigal31bigal31 Member Posts: 189
    Good pictures,the dash seems to be pushed up and flatter.D/C don't fix what isn't broke.I'll take my 2000 thank you very much.
  • vmanvman Member Posts: 103
    Oh, was that a white headliner? (I guess "greige" isn't so bad!)

I guess I'd adjust, but I kinda like the '00 interior better (personally). I'm also leary of push-button 4WD.
  • wetwilliewetwillie Member Posts: 129
    I'll go with the consensus here. I think the new the new I/P lacks character - they pushed it in and flattened it out to create the illusion of more interior room. I do think the new wheels and fascia are an improvement however.
  • snowedinsnowedin Member Posts: 58
    are those the new 16" wheels?
  • steve234steve234 Member Posts: 460
    Those are not the new 16 inch wheels. The pics are great, but I found that the interior looks better in person. There also seems to be a difference in the arm rests due to the crank window. Unfortuneately there were no details, but the model shown looked to be fairly stripped down.
  • gallen1586gallen1586 Member Posts: 33
    Asta, I wrecked my truck a couple a months. Drivers side front fender,grill,bumper,hedlight and fascia had to be replaced. I asked the body shop to order and install a red fasica like a sport model has. I to like the look of red and chrome. All SLT's would look better with a fascia the same color as the truck.
  • bsparxbsparx Member Posts: 84
    Thanks for the photos. Looks like the new vents are designed to cool sweaty hands on the steering wheel and not much else! I prefer my '00 vents which actually cool the cab and don't freeze my fingers...Those wheels are pretty nice, though.

Ben
  • ford_biiford_bii Member Posts: 120
    Tgr1 - What color is your truck? From the picture you posted, it looks blue, but not the Intense Blue that I thought was the only blue offered in the Sport. It may just be the picture you posted. What color is it? I personally would like to get a Patriot Blue Sport, but I don't think that option is available, and I keep hoping...
  • chachingmanchachingman Member Posts: 17
    These are the 16" wheels on my 2001 4x2 QC sport. Similar to the 2000 models but smoother.

I hope to post some daylight pics tomorrow.

Chris
  • baditudebaditude Member Posts: 19
    If this works image

• wampuswampus Member Posts: 11
    Baditude what kind of fender flares and running board is on your truck?
    wampus/ Just the stock flares that comes w/ the 4X4 tire and wheel pkg. The boards are starboards and can be reached at www.starboards.com thanks for the inquiry.
  • victxvictx Member Posts: 108
    What's up with your front headlights. Looks like three seperate lights. Is that the carbon fiber? Looks very nice. Can you tell me where you got them, how much, and maybe a close-up. Thanks. Nice Truck!
    victx/ Headlight covers are by GTS also the taillight covers are round too, and the bug deflector is all carbon fiber. GTS makes all three and also eyelids above the headlights. Will post some close ups stay tuned. The cool thing with the carbon fiber is you dont have to paint them and the truck color is seen through them.
    2000 dakota all decals have been removed it looks much cleaner and stealth without.www.geocities.com/badquadcab/badquadcab2.html
  • kanekane Member Posts: 1
    How did you remove decals ? Thanks in advance, John
    Kane, gently using a hair dryer.

Bookitty
    Has anyone removed the "Dakota SLT" letters from the side of their SLT? I cant imagine there would be alignment holes under the letters like there are under the V8/V6 emblem on the front fender. I've been toying with the idea of removing them from my SLT along with the Dodge decal on the tailgate to clean up the look of the truck. Rick
This discussion has been closed.