Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Balloon Type Financing

bocastephen1bocastephen1 Member Posts: 4
edited March 2021 in Volkswagen
Does VW finance offer a purchase option where you buy the car, have payments similar to a lease, and have a mandatory buyout (balloon) at the end of the term? Some manufacturers have them and some don't. I don't want to start a debate about whether it's good or bad, I just want to know if VW has such a program or not because this is important for business owners who want a lease type payment, but need to own the car for the purpose of Sec 179 and Bonus Depreciation deductions.
Tagged:

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012

Does VW finance offer a purchase option where you buy the car, have payments similar to a lease, and have a mandatory buyout (balloon) at the end of the term? Some manufacturers have them and some don't. I don't want to start a debate about whether it's good or bad, I just want to know if VW has such a program or not because this is important for business owners who want a lease type payment, but need to own the car for the purpose of Sec 179 and Bonus Depreciation deductions.

We aren't aware of a program similar to what you describe.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

Generally, those programs are only available in states that tax the full purchase price of the vehicle, even on a lease.

Currently, that is VA and TX.

That stated, no idea if VW has such a program

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator