Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,564
    edited March 2021
    stickguy said:

Based on the rear tires I’m real curious what’s under the hood.

Definitely tubbed and is that a roll bar I see inside. Should be an exciting trip down to the coffee shop.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,686
    tjc78 said:

The S60 and S90 drive very similar to each other. The 90 is a touch softer and you feel the added weight.

@laurasdada have you tried an S60 or S90. The R-design trim is pretty sporty and can be very well equipped.

Hi: I think, as a Saab guy, I've never really considered Volvos! But the S60 is a nice piece of work, I've actually started looking at the T8 (plug in). I think Costco had a Volvo deal recently, and I missed it...
    There are so many good choices, including S90. I think I'm just kinda stuck in neutral, dealing with a couple of estates and selling/buying condos.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,762

stickguy said:

Definitely tubbed and is that a roll bar I see inside. Should be an exciting trip down to the coffee shop.
    Bit of a cruel treatment for such a car. However, if it saved it from the scrapyard, I guess there's no harm in it.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    stickguy said:

LS, for sure. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,592
    I'm not posting this video to someone make it about Tesla-

https://youtube.com/watch?v=EotuxCptcM4

I'm posting it because I can't figure out why VW has so much trouble with products for the US market. They always talk about wanting to grow US market share, then they do stuff like this. The navigation stuff should never made it out of QC testing...it's going to frustrate so many first time EV, and maybe VW, buyers.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• breldbreld Member Posts: 6,698
    I’ve seen that ID4 video and others that reflect similar thoughts.

Sounds like it’s a decent compact SUV for someone who has never driven an EV before. Which is really faint praise.

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

tifighter said:

I'm not posting this video to someone make it about Tesla-

https://youtube.com/watch?v=EotuxCptcM4

I'm posting it because I can't figure out why VW has so much trouble with products for the US market. They always talk about wanting to grow US market share, then they do stuff like this. The navigation stuff should never made it out of QC testing...it's going to frustrate so many first time EV, and maybe VW, buyers.

Great review; EE always does a good job of blending the technical into a down-to-earth delivery. Unreal issues regarding the charging and navigation, though. That's a major blunder on VW's part. I wonder if this is also true with other electric VAG offerings? He didn't go into the issues that the eGolf owner experienced, but it seems like it might be a frustration for more than just ID.4 drivers.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,856

tjc78 said:

The S60 and S90 drive very similar to each other. The 90 is a touch softer and you feel the added weight.

@laurasdada have you tried an S60 or S90. The R-design trim is pretty sporty and can be very well equipped.

Hi: I think, as a Saab guy, I've never really considered Volvos! But the S60 is a nice piece of work, I've actually started looking at the T8 (plug in). I think Costco had a Volvo deal recently, and I missed it...
    There are so many good choices, including S90. I think I'm just kinda stuck in neutral, dealing with a couple of estates and selling/buying condos.

I really enjoy my S60. Mine is an Inscription trim so not overly sporty, but it’s plenty fast and handles well for being FWD. Well more accurately FWD biased AWD.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

I’m on day 3 of my extended test drive of @jpp75’s Tesla Model 3.

And I’m test driving a Mach E this afternoon. The dealership I called only has a standard RWD version for their demo, but should still give me a good feel to compare an contrast to the Tesla.

• corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,238
    tifighter said:

...I can't figure out why VW has so much trouble with products for the US market. They always talk about wanting to grow US market share, then they do stuff like this.

It sounds like they set a launch date in stone, then shipped whatever beta version was available on that date. At least Ford has (infamously) issued stop sale orders to quickly correct last minute issues on new products. The horsepower figure seems low for having a curb weight well over 4,000 pounds.
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,334
    I'm annoyed with the ID.4 just watching the video. And these are just the issues he uncovered during a press drive - what is going to show up after 5-6 months as is classic with VW first year models?
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible
    And this is after the whole ID3 launch screwfest in Europe. What is going on over there?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,155
    qbrozen said:

Oh my....I LOVE that color! Please, show us the rest!

Well. I took a video, but I’m not sure I can share it? Gonna try this “attach file” thing.

Nope. That didn’t work. How about this?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wg3yzlscgzu3fgb/Video Mar 04, 8 57 18 AM.mov?dl=0

Turn the sound UP! :)
    NICE!!!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,441
    sharp looking car. Nice sound.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,032
    Like those wheels!

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,937
    The video on the VW ID.4 does very little to sway me to go electric. It is a decent looking car but that's about it.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

qbrozen said:

Well. I took a video, but I’m not sure I can share it? Gonna try this “attach file” thing.

Weak sauce! I thought you were getting a muscle car?! :p
  • au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,358
    A Camaro solves exactly none of my vehicle needs or problems at the moment and I was really never a fan. But dang, that sound is intoxicating.

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

sda said:

The video on the VW ID.4 does very little to sway me to go electric. It is a decent looking car but that's about it.

didn't make me want to run out, but overall, I see the bar moving forward quite a bit. Getting really close with the new network. Really sounded more like a VW issue, not an EV issue. The Mach E, with easy charging on that network, could be viable.

stickguy said:

The Mach E, with easy charging on that network, could be viable.

Yes. And the fact that a Ford works better than a VW with a charging network that VW designed and built is probably the most VW thing ever.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    Since that worked, how bout a couple in car. One with windows down, I notice you can’t hear the popping and gurgling on deceleration. You can hear better with windows up. Of course, neither is a very accurate audio depiction. But you can imagine it makes one want to keep stabbing the throttle.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tslpt9utmkl31z6/Video Mar 05, 5 16 18 PM.mov?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eio7h8fnl0ma5ru/Video Mar 05, 5 10 17 PM.mov?dl=0

Impressions are that it is far from practical. I’m not enamored with it but it is fun. The seating and view are far far better than I remember from the first gen of this style. No visibility issues to speak of.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

@qbrozen - thanks for sharing the videos. If a picture is worth a thousand words, those videos are priceless.

Just got back from the Mach E test drive and overall was very impressed. Naturally, I drove there and back in the Model 3, so it was nice to have the direct comparison.

Overall, I would say the driving experience is very similar between the two, with that being a huge compliment to the Ford. The Tesla has more of the “push you in the back of your seat” feel, but the Ford was very quick, and again, this was the standard range RWD (single motor) trim. So the gap in acceleration should lessen with the AWD version.

Regenerative braking feels equal between the two, so one-pedal driving is a similar experience (not so much in something like the ETron).

Comfort on the road is also similar, with perhaps a slight edge to the Ford. Despite some reviews I’ve read, I find the Model 3 (19” wheels) ride to be quite plush, and the Ford even a tad more so. And I’m using plush in a positive way (comfort-wise) - both feel quite sporty in handling.

Biggest difference is clearly the approach on the interior and controls. Tesla has gone their own way with the minimalistic approach. I found it a bit annoying at first, but after a few days of acclimating to it, I can appreciate it. It’s quite sleek and futuristic.

The Ford is done very well - competitive with other modern cars, but not trying to reinvent anything. I really appreciate the inclusion of Apple CarPlay and SiriusXM, which are absent from the Tesla.

So, I just think it’s great to have options. Having another EV that performs as well as a Tesla, but offers a different take on style is a nice thing, with more options on the horizon.

edited March 2021
    @breld - Thanks for the review. I had no idea that Tesla didn't support CarPlay. I guess if I had one, I'd be sticking ye olde iPhone 6s on a vent mount like I did in the Tahoe and G37.

I am likely to upgrade the phone in the fall when the iPhone 13 is released, for a few reasons. The 6s is getting low on storage, and it seems to struggle with responsiveness on certain apps. I'd love a better built-in camera. And it's likely not to receive OS updates beyond iOS 14, although it may receive security updates for a year or two going forward, and MegaCorp recommends (but doesn't require) that we use something with currently supported hardware. I'm impressed that the 6s is in its sixth year of service and still runs the current OS, and also amazed that it was a flagship phone at the time I bought it. The current equivalent is the SE, which is the base model.
    in VWs defense (not often anyone says that...) in the comments to that video, someone pointed out that you could just tap the phone and start the charging. I noticed they had the little sign on the charge like you see at a checkout where to tap your card, so no need to go through all the steps. I don't think having to tap a card key or you phone to kick things off is a big hardship. Though plug and go I guess is better!

at least VW gives you 3 years free charging. Could make a lease really cost effective. No need to even use your own electricity if you don't want to!

@breld thanks for the write-up. Are you saying that a Mach-E is as sporty in the handling department as a Model 3? I might expect a comparison to a Y, but not a 3. That would be a surprise.

As for Carplay, I have never missed it from my old car, as I find the Tesla infotainment is so good.

Lastly on Sirius, I had no idea. I mainly use Spotify or if I must radio, then TuneIn, so I've never checked into this. Turns out S/X have it, but 3/Y do not.

Too bad your couldn't try charging them. Is the dealer on board with regular pricing, or is there some kind of ADM going on?

stickguy said:

in VWs defense (not often anyone says that...) in the comments to that video, someone pointed out that you could just tap the phone and start the charging. I noticed they had the little sign on the charge like you see at a checkout where to tap your card, so no need to go through all the steps. I don't think having to tap a card key or you phone to kick things off is a big hardship. Though plug and go I guess is better!

at least VW gives you 3 years free charging. Could make a lease really cost effective. No need to even use your own electricity if you don't want to!

I thought the charging was secondary to the navigation. If GPS routed me to a L2 charger on a trip as the solution, I'd probably burst a vain or something.

oh, that navigation issue was absurd. I was just talking about his diatribe about having to open an app and make a few swipes to charge.

they definitely need to improve the routing to consider the speed of the charger (and ideally use their own network, unless that part was intentional to save money?)

there are apps you can use outside the cars navi though.

tifighter said:

@breld thanks for the write-up. Are you saying that a Mach-E is as sporty in the handling department as a Model 3? I might expect a comparison to a Y, but not a 3. That would be a surprise.

As for Carplay, I have never missed it from my old car, as I find the Tesla infotainment is so good.

Lastly on Sirius, I had no idea. I mainly use Spotify or if I must radio, then TuneIn, so I've never checked into this. Turns out S/X have it, but 3/Y do not.

Too bad your couldn't try charging them. Is the dealer on board with regular pricing, or is there some kind of ADM going on?

I can’t say I’ve pushed either the Model 3 I have on loan or the Mach E particularly hard in turns, but I just thought both performed well in that regard given the low center of gravity they have. I’m sure the Model 3 is superior given it’s height. And yes, I took the opportunity to borrow the Model 3 to approximate the Model Y experience.

I have become very accustomed to CarPlay, so I’ve paid particularly attention to how the same functions work in the Tesla. At first blush, I was disappointed, but after spending more time with it, I think it would be fine, and there are even some functions I like better on the Tesla.

I haven’t reached out to any other Ford dealers, but this one was recently acquired by a one-price local dealership network that I am familiar with, so I decided to start there. Their one price is MSRP with no markups or forced accessories, so that’s a good starting point. Naturally, they have no inventory available for sale, and couldn’t really pin down specific timing for an order.

I did pose the idea of a GT trim to my wife and she wasn’t opposed to it. 😀

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,937
    qbrozen said:

Since that worked, how bout a couple in car. One with windows down, I notice you can’t hear the popping and gurgling on deceleration. You can hear better with windows up. Of course, neither is a very accurate audio depiction. But you can imagine it makes one want to keep stabbing the throttle.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tslpt9utmkl31z6/Video Mar 05, 5 16 18 PM.mov?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eio7h8fnl0ma5ru/Video Mar 05, 5 10 17 PM.mov?dl=0

Impressions are that it is far from practical. I’m not enamored with it but it is fun. The seating and view are far far better than I remember from the first gen of this style. No visibility issues to speak of.

My Passat will blow you away and sounds better. Not. Great sounding car. Have fun and be safe.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

edited March 2021
    breld said:

I’m on day 3 of my extended test drive of @jpp75’s Tesla Model 3.

And I’m test driving a Mach E this afternoon. The dealership I called only has a standard RWD version for their demo, but should still give me a good feel to compare an contrast to the Tesla.

I’ll be interested in your impressions. Oh, never mind, I read down further.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

qbrozen said:

Great exhaust note. I had to spend money to replace the wimpy OEM Mustang exhaust.

Was that you or the Russian guy backing it out?

@qbrozen Congrats! What a great lease deal. Bang for your buck.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    breld said:

Just got back from the Mach E test drive and overall was very impressed. Naturally, I drove there and back in the Model 3, so it was nice to have the direct comparison.

Overall, I would say the driving experience is very similar between the two, with that being a huge compliment to the Ford. The Tesla has more of the “push you in the back of your seat” feel, but the Ford was very quick, and again, this was the standard range RWD (single motor) trim. So the gap in acceleration should lessen with the AWD version.

Regenerative braking feels equal between the two, so one-pedal driving is a similar experience (not so much in something like the ETron).

Comfort on the road is also similar, with perhaps a slight edge to the Ford. Despite some reviews I’ve read, I find the Model 3 (19” wheels) ride to be quite plush, and the Ford even a tad more so. And I’m using plush in a positive way (comfort-wise) - both feel quite sporty in handling.

Biggest difference is clearly the approach on the interior and controls. Tesla has gone their own way with the minimalistic approach. I found it a bit annoying at first, but after a few days of acclimating to it, I can appreciate it. It’s quite sleek and futuristic.

The Ford is done very well - competitive with other modern cars, but not trying to reinvent anything. I really appreciate the inclusion of Apple CarPlay and SiriusXM, which are absent from the Tesla.

So, I just think it’s great to have options. Having another EV that performs as well as a Tesla, but offers a different take on style is a nice thing, with more options on the horizon.

That’s just wonderful. Can you post some WOT videos of you driving the Supra like @qbrozen did? That’s what we want to see & hear;)-

Nice write up on the Ford vs Tesla electric cars.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

qbrozen said:

Great exhaust note. I had to spend money to replace the wimpy OEM Mustang exhaust.

Was that you or the Russian guy backing it out?
    I’m behind the camera. Ha.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,953
    edited March 2021
    Still trying to decide on the new iPhone 13. Like my XR, a lot, but think I might just want the new 13 to just take the dive once I find one for the price I want to pay. I got my XR, 8 Plus & 6s Plus from the OfferUp app and have been very satisfied. Both the 6S and 8 were unlocked but come to find out from the guy who sold it to me that the XR was just a "sim unlocked phone" which is different than a factory unlocked one. It was originally a Sprint iPhone purchase but it works on my AT&T sim card. We did put a T-Mobile sim card in and the phone brought up all my buddies info, so it now works on all 3 providers phone lines. But as we all now know, T-Mobile and Sprint are now one company. One last issue with my XR, if I do a factory re-set, it'll basically become a brick. So, will be getting my XR unlocked correctly next week so it will work on any network, which makes sense as I will want to sell it at some point.
    Called the Apple store and they will buy my phone back but it does involve some steps. I thought I could just walk into their store and trade it in right there but when I called, was told that's not exactly how it works. So, first things first. Will get mine unlocked. Then, I'll weigh my options with another being to just keep it another year and gt the 12 once the new 13 comes out in the fall of this year. Liking this idea since up to now, I've never been an early adapter when it comes to any tech. Have always been about a year out which I have no problem with. And as I'm putting this all down in words, makes me think that I'll just go this route. Makes the most sense as I'm super happy with the current XR.
    Think I should've just gone with the iPhone 3 back in 2013 but I stupidly listened to the Radio Shack guy when I asked what was the easiest cell phone on the market at that time. He steered me to an android one when I should've gone straight to Apple! Glad I finally made the switch as now all my devices are Apple products and they all work seamlessly together. I was even able to move everything over from my 8 Plus to my XR without any help from my tech genius daughter. Somehow, I got it all done with only one hitch which she got me through at the end.

(P.S. This next time with the 12, going to go with the blue color, my favorite. The last three have been white, all nice, but time for a change. Luckily, I like the blue color. Regardless, I always use a case to protect it plus a screen protector. They all look the same as the day they were bought as I do try & take good care of them. Sure, I do drop them every so often but the cases have done an excellent job of protecting them and keeping them looking & working great.)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Well, since you brought it up, I have to ask why you’d switch so often? What does the new model offer over your XR? I have an XR now, but I upgraded from a 6+. I keep mine until they really need replacing. Otherwise, it seems like going from a 2018 Corolla to a 2020 Corolla.

qbrozen said:

Well, since you brought it up, I have to ask why you’d switch so often? What does the new model offer over your XR? I have an XR now, but I upgraded from a 6+. I keep mine until they really need replacing. Otherwise, it seems like going from a 2018 Corolla to a 2020 Corolla.

His wife has the same question. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    corvette said:

kyfdx said:

stickguy said:

My wife found an appointment yesterday morning and got her first shot in the afternoon.
    Also got the 2nd shot scheduled while getting the first shot. Just luck, really.
    I'll be done with my medication next week and have a couple of follow up tests the week after.
    Then I'll look for a shot.

In NJ they don’t let you leave without scheduling your 2nd shot. A nice process. That mega site was a well oiled machine. Very impressed.
    Local hospital does the mass vaccination site, near here.
    I think they were doing about 64 jabs per hour when we were there. Looks like they are set up to do twice that, if they had the vaccine supply.
    Saw the hoopla over Ohio-ans going to Covington, KY for the COVID shot. I never heard whether the great State of Kentucky allowing those from OHIO to get the vaccine, but heard some were initially turned away, and then allowed to actually get it.

Was wondering about the outcome of that.
    Supposedly it was an issue in the zip code database where the system thought certain OH zip codes were in KY and thus eligible to get vaccinated in KY. The rule has generally been that if you get a confirmed appointment, you will not be turned away. I think 1,000 or so Ohioans got vaccinated in Northern KY. I think they have asked the feds to allocate KY 1,000 doses out of OH's allotment, but I doubt anything will come of that.
    kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

stickguy said:

My wife found an appointment yesterday morning and got her first shot in the afternoon.
    Also got the 2nd shot scheduled while getting the first shot. Just luck, really.
    I'll be done with my medication next week and have a couple of follow up tests the week after.
    Then I'll look for a shot.

In NJ they don’t let you leave without scheduling your 2nd shot. A nice process. That mega site was a well oiled machine. Very impressed.
    Local hospital does the mass vaccination site, near here.
    I think they were doing about 64 jabs per hour when we were there. Looks like they are set up to do twice that, if they had the vaccine supply.
    Saw the hoopla over Ohio-ans going to Covington, KY for the COVID shot. I never heard whether the great State of Kentucky allowing those from OHIO to get the vaccine, but heard some were initially turned away, and then allowed to actually get it.

Was wondering about the outcome of that.
    Basically, not allowed

But, the goal is to stick as many as possible, and it looks like the supply is going to really ramp up, this month. Also, as you know, it's one big metro area, here. And, the vaccine is paid for. In another couple of weeks, as long as you have an appointment, it's likely no one will care.
    Good to know that worked out for the better all the way around. I’m hearing more and more people finding COVID appointments more regularly around these parts, where a couple of weeks ago all I heard was grumbling about not being able to get the vaccine.

@kyfdx ...and, I concur, this entire area, on both sides of the River has always seemed one big cohesive.metro area to me.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    @qbrozen....you’ve just upped the collective coolness factor of this thread by about 1,000%. Thanks for the vids. Further impressions welcomed!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    ab348 said:

The exhaust note made by QB's Camaro is one thing that electric cars cannot ever match.

When I interviewed Brian Redman and David Hobbs I asked them about electric auto racing. Their response? “BORING!!!”

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,953
    I like new tech on my phone. And the larger screen on the XR was a welcomed addition. Guess I'm anticipating when 5G will be the norm around the country. And I get a newer phone for a pretty decent price. Guess we all don't mind spending on certain items. One might think having like 6 vehicles for two drivers might seem excessive but I get it, it's a real hobby for ya, and being able to do the majority of the work yourself definitely helps. Think we all have our priorities on how we spend some of our income...you like multiple automobiles while I like the latest Apple iPhone. Different strokes for different folks seems to apply here I'd think.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

I am really looking forward to wireless charging and a nicer camera when I upgrade.

I like new tech on my phone. And the larger screen on the XR was a welcomed addition. Guess I'm anticipating when 5G will be the norm around the country. And I get a newer phone for a pretty decent price. Guess we all don't mind spending on certain items. One might think having like 6 vehicles for two drivers might seem excessive but I get it, it's a real hobby for ya, and being able to do the majority of the work yourself definitely helps. Think we all have our priorities on how we spend some of our income...you like multiple automobiles while I like the latest Apple iPhone. Different strokes for different folks seems to apply here I'd think.

But having multiple vehicles would be more like having a laptop, desktop, ipad, phone, etc. They are different and can serve different purposes. That’s why I made the Corolla comment. I am wondering what advantages the change has. Would a 2020 X2 be a worthy “upgrade” from my wife’s 2018 X2? Certainly not in my opinion.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,155
    qbrozen said:

But having multiple vehicles would be more like having a laptop, desktop, ipad, phone, etc. They are different and can serve different purposes. That’s why I made the Corolla comment. I am wondering what advantages the change has. Would a 2020 X2 be a worthy “upgrade” from my wife’s 2018 X2? Certainly not in my opinion.
    At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what the difference are (or aren't). They are big enough for @Sandman6472 to invest in a new phone.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    qbrozen said:

Precisely!

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive