Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lease Deal 2021 BMW 228i Gran Coupe x-drive

bmwwmbbmwwmb Member Posts: 8
edited March 2021 in BMW
Hello-

Can you please provide the MF, RV for a 2021 BMW 228i gran coupe x-drive for a lease of 36 mo and 10k miles?
Zip code at 80237

Got a pretty good offer for one in the dealer's inventory and I will include it below:
- Total purchase is almost 14% off the MSRP listed
- Total purchase price does not include tax/title fee
- for 10k on 36 mo Zero down payment = monthly payment of ~ 500 dollars
- for the same condition after 3000 down = monthly payment of ~ 410 dollars

Is there room for more negotiation? If so - where should I aim for?

Thanks!

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,201
    bmwwmb said:

Hello-

Can you please provide the MF, RV for a 2021 BMW 228i gran coupe x-drive for a lease of 36 mo and 10k miles?
    Zip code at 80237

Got a pretty good offer for one in the dealer's inventory and I will include it below:
    - Total purchase is almost 14% off the MSRP listed
    - Total purchase price does not include tax/title fee
    - for 10k on 36 mo Zero down payment = monthly payment of ~ 500 dollars
    - for the same condition after 3000 down = monthly payment of ~ 410 dollars

Is there room for more negotiation? If so - where should I aim for?

Thanks!

.00086 and 58%
    $1000 lease credit

MSRP?
    Selling price?
    Adjusted cap cost?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• bmwwmbbmwwmb Member Posts: 8
    MSRP 39745 adjusted price is 34258
    Balance after tax and title fee is 37533
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    bmwwmb said:

"Balance" appears to be for a purchase.

Do you have the adjusted CAP cost for the lease?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

bmwwmb said:

yes - total cap cost (with tax and fees) is 37533. I assume CAP cost is the selling price plus all the fees (title fee/acquisition fee/dealer handling fee/tax) minus all the incentives? Tax is about 3200 dollars.

Thank you all for the advice!
    bmwwmb said:

kyfdx said:

bmwwmb said:

yes - total cap cost (with tax and fees) is 37533. I assume CAP cost is the selling price plus all the fees (title fee/acquisition fee/dealer handling fee/tax) minus all the incentives? Tax is about 3200 dollars.

Thank you all for the advice!
    Tax is applied to the lease payment each month. That's why I noted that the "Balance" is for a purchase, not a lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited March 2021
    After looking at the deal I am offered - I realized the MF is higher than the 0.00086 stated above (0.00086 is also what I found online). So I asked the dealership and their response was " .00086 is the buy rate for the dealer. The retail rate is .00126". I thought that the 0.00086 MF is for retail - can you all please provide an explanation for this?

Thanks again.
    bmwwmb said:

After looking at the deal I am offered - I realized the MF is higher than the 0.00086 stated above (0.00086 is also what I found online). So I asked the dealership and their response was " .00086 is the buy rate for the dealer. The retail rate is .00126". I thought that the 0.00086 MF is for retail - can you all please provide an explanation for this?

Thanks again.

The dealer is marking up the rate (maximum allowed) for extra profit

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

ahh I see. If I were to go through the BMW financial service to get my approved interest rate - do I need to re-do the financial application if I were to go to a different dealership? Or one BMW financial application is good for all dealership in the area?
    bmwwmb said:

ahh I see. If I were to go through the BMW financial service to get my approved interest rate - do I need to re-do the financial application if I were to go to a different dealership? Or one BMW financial application is good for all dealership in the area?

Each dealer is operated independently; you'll likely have to resubmit the application (with the base rate, one hopes).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

so just to bother you all with one more question -
    back to my original discussion, the dealer didn't specify the adjusted cap cost for the car but it includes a lot of variables - MF 0.00126, RF 58%, 0 cash down, 925 acquisition fees for a lease that is 10k miles for 36 months. Car itself, MSRP is 39745 and selling price is 34258 after rebates and discount. I will be paying 500/mo. The 500 monthly payment includes tax.

How good is this deal? and how much can I negotiate? The sales manager claims that it will be better than other dealer's best offer.

Thanks again.
    bmwwmb said:

back to my original discussion, the dealer didn't specify the adjusted cap cost for the car but it includes a lot of variables - MF 0.00126, RF 58%, 0 cash down, 925 acquisition fees for a lease that is 10k miles for 36 months. Car itself, MSRP is 39745 and selling price is 34258 after rebates and discount. I will be paying 500/mo. The 500 monthly payment includes tax.

How good is this deal? and how much can I negotiate? The sales manager claims that it will be better than other dealer's best offer.

Thanks again.

Based on my calculation I think the cap cost would be 38325 if my math is right.
    bmwwmb said:

bmwwmb said:

Thanks again.

Based on my calculation I think the cap cost would be 38325 if my math is right.
    I'd insist on the base MF, to start. Doesn't matter how good the discount may be, you're still overpaying.

$500/mo for a $40K car does seem like a lot.

And, dealers will say anything to keep you on the lot and not go to another dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

if you don't mind - what would be a good capitalize cost for the car (228i xdrive gran coupe with msrp at ~39000)?
    They gave me a "selling price" after all the rebates and discounts for ~34000 but I understand that I will need to base my negotiation on the capitalize cost to account for the depreciation.

This is my first time leasing a car myself so I apologize for this many questions.
    bmwwmb said:

if you don't mind - what would be a good capitalize cost for the car (228i xdrive gran coupe with msrp at ~39000)?
    They gave me a "selling price" after all the rebates and discounts for ~34000 but I understand that I will need to base my negotiation on the capitalize cost to account for the depreciation.

This is my first time leasing a car myself so I apologize for this many questions.

Edmunds price tools

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• CI123CI123 Member Posts: 5
    Hey There, Not sure if this is the latest forum for 2021 228i 4 door GC - but if it is, can you please share the break down for the below:

MF/RV, 10-12/36, 90403, any incentives for June?

Thank you!!
    CI123 said:

Hey There, Not sure if this is the latest forum for 2021 228i 4 door GC - but if it is, can you please share the break down for the below:

MF/RV, 10-12/36, 90403, any incentives for June?

Thank you!!

36/12
    .00093 MF and 57% residual
    $1000 lease credit

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.