Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,259
    au1994 said:

There’s always the Tundra. Better snatch one of those up before the next gen comes about and kills the deals.

I'm hopeful that doesn't happen, as I'd be interested in leasing another one when my lease is up. One reason I think it might not happen is because the amount of Toyota factory incentives on my deal was not that great--it was all US Bank's high residual that made the numbers work, and I don't see that going away, even if there are fewer incentives on the redesigned Tundra.
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,964
    edited March 2021
    Michaell said:

When the first wife and I had the Isuzu P'up, we had regular requests to borrow it.

I'm not sure we used it all that much as a truck.

You become everyone's best friend when you have a truck and they don't. When I had a 92 Ranger Super Cab I had multiple requests for 'help' or requests to borrow it.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• breldbreld Member Posts: 6,709
    edited March 2021
    The desire is strong for this...

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/840376025/overview/

I'm pretty sure they put the T6 in the current gen V60 for 2019 only. This has every option including the air suspension.

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,377
    pensfan83 said:

au1994 said:

There’s always the Tundra. Better snatch one of those up before the next gen comes about and kills the deals.

If you can find one. Inventory is pretty thin around here.
    12 at the closest dealer. Mostly Crew Max 4wd

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

stickguy said:

I really want something the size of the Maverick. Too bad that isn’t out yet.

If we didn’t already have a nice family travel car, I’d try to push the wife into a Ridgeline!

I really like those and it would really suit our needs and something small and fun for the wife. Ah the schemes in my head never end.

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,384
    I like that V60, but not at 48k.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,505
    I might talk myself into a full sized barge if a killer deal fell in my lap. But would probably regret it, and not use it much. That would be a much better idea to get an older model, grandpas babied truck. At least that would hold value and easy resale. Plus less Bargey.

If changing houses becomes a real soon to happen thing, will have more use. But for now, still have plenty of crap to move out.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Here's a link for anyone having trouble - it looked like it was missing a colon when I clicked on it:

Maybe the artificial lighting isn't doing it any favors, but I'm not fond of that shade of blue. Too much grey, not enough navy.
    Denim over blond looks great in person.

Yeah, I love that denim blue on any Volvo and definitely with a contrasting interior.

In pictures or in person, there's plenty of grey in it, so if that's not your thing I get it. But it's certainly mine! :)

edited March 2021
    corvette said:

Here's a link for anyone having trouble - it looked like it was missing a colon when I clicked on it:

Maybe the artificial lighting isn't doing it any favors, but I'm not fond of that shade of blue. Too much grey, not enough navy.

Color is one of my favorites, but I’m with @28firefighter not for $48k. I don’t care if its sub 10k miles or not.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,078
    stickguy said:

I might talk myself into a full sized barge if a killer deal fell in my lap. But would probably regret it, and not use it much.

Here you go Stick, just get this, don't use it much or wreck it, and when you're over it I'm sure you can sell it for what you paid or more.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2014-ford-shelby-raptor-2/

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,899
    edited March 2021
    breld said:

Yeah, I love that denim blue on any Volvo and definitely with a contrasting interior.

In pictures or in person, there's plenty of grey in it, so if that's not your thing I get it. But it's certainly mine! :)

I’m not a wagon guy, but that Volvo is a great color combo. Same exact interior as my sedan, but I don’t have the B&W audio.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• jpp75jpp75 Member Posts: 1,535
    breld said:

@breld sent this to me earlier, it's definitely a unicorn which makes it difficult to price. Would I pay $48k for it? Probably not, but I do love it.
    ab348 said:

stickguy said:

I might talk myself into a full sized barge if a killer deal fell in my lap. But would probably regret it, and not use it much.

Here you go Stick, just get this, don't use it much or wreck it, and when you're over it I'm sure you can sell it for what you paid or more.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2014-ford-shelby-raptor-2/

I know why they are like that, but the Raptor’s wheels are just too small IMO. Not used to seeing that much sidewall these days.

stickguy said:

I might talk myself into a full sized barge if a killer deal fell in my lap. But would probably regret it, and not use it much. That would be a much better idea to get an older model, grandpas babied truck. At least that would hold value and easy resale. Plus less Bargey.

If changing houses becomes a real soon to happen thing, will have more use. But for now, still have plenty of crap to move out.

You already said the answer. Ridgeline. We won’t judge you.

Promise ;)

Love those subtle graphics...

I’d be fine with the raptor. Just not the price. I would actually prefer it stock though, without the Shelby package. And y’all know I love big sidewalls! Might be able to just ignore potholes with those tires.

tjc78 said:

stickguy said:

Promise ;)
    Hey, if it serves the purpose, all good. I’m not planning to tow my house, and not trying to impress anybody. It’s actually a really useful truck.

edited March 2021
    That white 91 Prelude is at 16.5k and climbing.

Edit...looks like thats what it sold for.

qbrozen said:

breld said:

I'm pretty sure they put the T6 in the current gen V60 for 2019 only. This has every option including the air suspension.

Fantastic.
    You know what would be even cooler? A Polestar.
    In Rebel Blue.

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,930
    au1994 said:

qbrozen said:

breld said:

Fantastic.
    You know what would be even cooler? A Polestar.
    In Rebel Blue.
    Dang! I just came back to make that edit but you beat me to it! lol

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

It’s funny, we all have ‘the one that got away’ or ‘the one I should not have sold’. I think we need a new category: ‘The one of @breld’s that I would not have sold’. The Polestar would be it for me.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,298
    Thar Prelude jumped up a lot at the end, earlier today was @9,200.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    au1994 said:

It’s funny, we all have ‘the one that got away’ or ‘the one I should not have sold’. I think we need a new category: ‘The one of @breld’s that I would not have sold’. The Polestar would be it for me.

I couldn't limit myself to just one of his... The 335xi and/or 535xi, the SQ5, the Q7, the Cayenne, possibly the Durango RT.
  • coldinohiocoldinohio Member Posts: 170
    this should be the next topic since dishwashers if kaput...

1.favorite car owned

2. favorite car that 'got away'-- or which one of Breld car would we have kept

B)
    au1994 said:

1.favorite car owned

B)

au1994 said:

The ZHP is my favorite and the one I should not have sold. That still keeps me up at night when I see a good one pop up on BaT or the owners here mention them.

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,384
    au1994 said:

1.favorite car owned

B)

au1994 said:

The ZHP is my favorite and the one I should not have sold. That still keeps me up at night when I see a good one pop up on BaT or the owners here mention them.
    My 4 year old told me yesterday that he wants to drive the ZHP when he's older. I'm so proud.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
    Went down the BaT rabbit hole. And found this. I absolutely love it. And even close to me! I actually had one. Same year I think (maybe it was a 77), 5 speed hatch GT. Just totally rusted out. Like dangerously so. And that was in 1989 or so!

Curious what it is going to sell for. But I would be happy to take it for tooling around on nice days.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1976-toyota-celica-4/

I love this one too. Get them both, and toy + PU coverered! Late run version of the PU I had (that was a 1990). Same engine/trans/body style, but mine was a 2WD. This might not be all the good at towing with the 4WD and 4 banger combo, but I guess as long as it's a little trailer and you aren't in a hurry, could work.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1997-nissan-hardbody-pickup-8/

au1994 said:

1.favorite car owned

B)

au1994 said:

My 4 year old told me yesterday that he wants to drive the ZHP when he's older. I'm so proud.
    I would be happy to drive your ZHP when I am older. Or at my current age. Hey, I am almost a senior citizen so I am sure I will baby it (though I am younger than RoadBurner, so maybe that isn't a good gauge)

Celica looks good, although has later model rims/tires.
    stickguy said:

tjc78 said:

stickguy said:

Promise ;)
    Hey, if it serves the purpose, all good. I’m not planning to tow my house, and not trying to impress anybody. It’s actually a really useful truck.
    It is. I actually like them lots of versatility but still easy to live with.

Just had to mess with you.

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,724
    Baby did a bad, bad thing...

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,345
    Favorite car: Club Sport
    One that got away: 1988 M6

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,644
    qbrozen said:

Guess I haven’t given an update in a while. Benz still lies dormant. The whole driver’s side of cylinders is misfiring and I have no idea why. I have rechecked the timing and it is good. Rechecked connections. Fuses. And miscellaneous other things. Have several codes that don’t make sense to me (meaning the combo of codes has yet to reveal the cause to me). I am getting damned close to sending it to a *gasp* mechanic. Ugh!!!

Send it to the Car Wizard or the Car Ninja. Get it fixed free in return for content.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

Celica looks good, although has later model rims/tires.

Originals come along with it at least. I floated the idea past the boss wife. She was less than enthused (and by less, I mean she said "no") Based on that, I just said I would make sure not to tell her in advance if I was getting something. Hey, I got rid of my car last year to economize, not hers!)

Mostly she just remembers having to drive my rust bucket junker once when I needed the good car, and she did not enjoy the experience.

Baby did a bad, bad thing...

Dish the deets man!

tjc78 said:

stickguy said:

tjc78 said:

stickguy said:

Promise ;)
    It is. I actually like them lots of versatility but still easy to live with.

Just had to mess with you.
    I can take it! Just look at it as a Pilot with an open air cargo area, which is pretty much what it is. About a foot longer though, but it is OK because it's all in the back where it doesn't bother me.

I was hoping for a bad, bad, bad thing. :D
    Not sure I have one that got away. I did sell a couple too soon. My 626 was one. But I never really had anything so special it would have been a keeper.

more like ones that I missed on entirely for some reason. A 1980s GTI when I didn't find a buyer for my Colt. The 5 series I backed out of the deal on when I got financial panic at the price. My BILs S2000, but only because he didn't offer it to me before my other BIL who took it. He also had an Integra. 2nd gen I think, the 4 door hot rod model. That I could have had and do kick myself over but the timing was bad. And I should have gotten the 2015 Civic Si. I am sure would still have that!

Nicest car I ever owned is actually the current RDX.

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,644
    edited March 2021
    stickguy said:

I actually have gotten fixated on having one though now as the best 2nd car option. Between getting the baby to Boston, wanting to divest some of our crap Junk Prized possessions to our son and elsewhere, while making an attempt to get the place eventually ready to sell, it seems really useful. Plus I need to get a new gas grill, which seems like enough justification to me!

The brief time I owned the Nissan in 1990, it was very useful. I bought it right as we were buying our first real house. Got lots of bulky and dirty stuff with that.

Too bad used ones are absurdly overpriced. A nice used one would be perfectly fine, if cheap leases aren’t happening.

Used trucks are beyond overpriced, they’re insane. I was looking at trucks under $10k and the junk offered was laughable.

At least it’s not rusted like in NY:

https://sarasota.craigslist.org/ctd/d/sarasota-4x-ford-supercab/7294692574.html

Have you ever thought about getting a cargo van? Pretty much the same hauling ability but cheaper because they aren’t as sexy.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

I agree about used PUs. Every time I get this idea, I go on cars. com to look, and immediately give up. Would probably have to get new, and since those are very pricey, that leaves leasing.

A FS cargo van is too big for my taste. And the wife would never go for that in the garage. But a Transit connect, that could work! But only if it can tow, which I doubt it really can.

• pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,555
    A family in one of our travelling Little League has a Ridgeline and they love it. Their oldest son plays hockey and as I'm sure @nyccarguy will attest it's a breeze just chucking all that gear in the bed. Same with dusty baseball gear. That cooler in the bed is also sure handy for chilling adult beverages to have with other parents drinks for the players after games and then just draining the water out the bottom.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,078
    I like the current Ridgeline and think it seems like a good solution for lots of folks. But I don’t see many around. Don’t know if that is due to tight supply, price, or what.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,555
    It's something I wish my Dad would consider in lieu of another F-150.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,955

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

My ‘02 530i sport manual is one I shouldn’t have let get away. It was so inexpensive I should have just held onto it. Paid $12k for it with 55k miles when it was about 10 years old. No way that would just be sitting on some small auto lot these days.

The Polestar too, but with some patience, those aren’t too hard to find and aren’t terribly overpriced.