Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

How many miles can I exspect to get out of a 2015F150?

Thatguy207Thatguy207 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2021 in Ford
I’m in the market for a used truck. I’m looking at a 2015 F150 with the 5.0L v8. This truck has 150k mile on it already. I have all the service records and this truck has been well taken care of. How many more miles can I expect from this truck?

Answers

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,671
    I had a 1985 F-150 with the old 302 5.0 and I got over 250k miles before it rusted out from under me. My big question is how was this vehicle cared for before you bought it. That’s more important than actual miles. Did they tow or plow with it? If they did either I would walk away. Did they change fluids like oil, coolant and transfer case case oil if a 4x4.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    ellahowellellahowell Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2023

Hello,
    As I know, the lifespan of a vehicle can vary depending on various factors, including maintenance history, driving conditions, and how well it has been taken care of. However, the 2015 Ford F-150 is generally considered a reliable truck, and the 5.0L V8 engine has a good reputation for durability.

With proper maintenance and care, it is not uncommon for trucks like the F-150 to reach 200,000 miles or more. Some owners have reported even higher mileage without major issues. Considering that the truck you're looking at already has 150,000 miles and has been well maintained, you can reasonably expect it to have a significant amount of life left.