Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,085
    omarman said:

Using windows 10 desktop running firefox 87.0.

Open firefox menu, click Options. Scroll down to Language and Appearance, look under Fonts and Colors, click the Colors button on lower right side. A pop up menu offers a change of colors rectangle box for both text and background.

After choosing colors for each I clicked on the Aways override button at the bottom of the menu.

After combining color changes and the + Zoom option from the main menu things are a bit easier on the eyes.

Does doing that only affect the appearance of things when you are on Edmunds or does it do it on every page you visit?

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,841
    That's a good question!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,518
    If you are changing browser settings it should carry over. Unless Firefox (I don’t use it) has option to tie to a website.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,545
    driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

jipster said:

ronsteve said:

jipster said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

What’s wrong with bourbon? :s

jmonroe

Speaking of which, here is my question;
    Why is approximately 95% of all bourbon produced in Kentucky, according to the Kentucky Distillers' Association.(2018)? Doesn't anyone else know how to make it.
    I remember it had something to do with our delicious water. Here you go.
    "The water in Kentucky is hard — meaning, it has a high pH and a high proportion of minerals, including calcium and magnesium. These elements are optimal for distilling. The yeast in bourbon adores those minerals. They aid the fermentation process and create the distinctive, crisp Kentucky bourbon we know and love.Jul 17"

So, unless it's made in Kentucky, legally it can't be called bourbon.
    Actually, it just has to be made in the United States. The "ideal" water here in KY is why 95% of it is made in Kentucky.
    It does have to be made in Kentucky to be "Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey" of course.
    Thanks for the correction. I took a tour of the Angels Envy Bourbon Distillery , here in Louisville, before the covid outbreak, so I "mismembered" that fact. I am not a Bourbon or whiskey drinker, Mrs. Jip does the hard liquor drinking in the family. :smile: But one other factoid from the tour, "All bourbon is whiskey, but not all whiskey is bourbon."
    Never touch the stuff myself! :(
    Please don’t tell us what you do touch - spare us! 🤪😜🤓
    OK, I'll spare you, but about the only thing I drink is the cheapest alcoholic drink you can buy (not because it is cheap, but because that's all I prefer).
    I wasn’t talking about alcohol. 🤪😜
    In that case, yes you are right....my lips are sealed.
    Now if we can only convince you to keep your fingers off of your keyboard. B)

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976
    Like when we bought the colored plastic film to make our B&W TV into a color TV:

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

jipster said:

ronsteve said:

jipster said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe

Why is approximately 95% of all bourbon produced in Kentucky, according to the Kentucky Distillers' Association.(2018)? Doesn't anyone else know how to make it.
    "The water in Kentucky is hard — meaning, it has a high pH and a high proportion of minerals, including calcium and magnesium. These elements are optimal for distilling. The yeast in bourbon adores those minerals. They aid the fermentation process and create the distinctive, crisp Kentucky bourbon we know and love.Jul 17"

Actually, it just has to be made in the United States. The "ideal" water here in KY is why 95% of it is made in Kentucky.
    It does have to be made in Kentucky to be "Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey" of course.
    Thanks for the correction. I took a tour of the Angels Envy Bourbon Distillery , here in Louisville, before the covid outbreak, so I "mismembered" that fact. I am not a Bourbon or whiskey drinker, Mrs. Jip does the hard liquor drinking in the family. :smile: But one other factoid from the tour, "All bourbon is whiskey, but not all whiskey is bourbon."
    OK, I'll spare you, but about the only thing I drink is the cheapest alcoholic drink you can buy (not because it is cheap, but because that's all I prefer).

jmonroe
    I'll try my hardest!

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    edited April 2021
    driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

Tomorrow afternoon, I am scheduled for a colonoscopy. At least I can catch up on all the posts while “throning” every few hours. 🤪😜

Good luck Mike....I feel for you. Wish they could make that liquid taste like a fine wine, beer or at least a chocolate milkshake. The good news is once it is done you will have 5 years before another one....and you can get all the latest late breaking posts while on the throne.

jmonroe
    Bourbon can and is made in other places. I’ve actually had some pretty good bourbon that was made in Japan. KY is the home of bourbon, however, with most of the best distillers in the world within the state’s confines.

It’s said KY has the best bourbon made because of the water coming out of their rock springs.

2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    stickguy said:

If you are changing browser settings it should carry over. Unless Firefox (I don’t use it) has option to tie to a website.

If that's the case then I will wait for Edmunds to fix the issue rather than bork all the other pages I visit.

• jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

jipster said:

ronsteve said:

jipster said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe

Mad Dog 20/20? Busch? Natural? Keystone? PBR? Kroger use to sell Kroger brand beer in milk jug containers, 30 something years ago... tasted a bit like 2%. ;-)
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
    driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

jipster said:

ronsteve said:

jipster said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe

jmonroe
    I'll try my hardest!
    OK everyone, you heard him.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
    jipster said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

jipster said:

ronsteve said:

jipster said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe

Mad Dog 20/20? Busch? Natural? Keystone? PBR? Kroger use to sell Kroger brand beer in milk jug containers, 30 something years ago... tasted a bit like 2%. ;-)
    Your an honest poster. If I ever tried it, there ain't no way I'd have ever admitted it.

jmonroe
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,324

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

Tomorrow afternoon, I am scheduled for a colonoscopy. At least I can catch up on all the posts while “throning” every few hours. 🤪😜

Good luck Mike....I feel for you. Wish they could make that liquid taste like a fine wine, beer or at least a chocolate milkshake. The good news is once it is done you will have 5 years before another one....and you can get all the latest late breaking posts while on the throne.

jmonroe
    Bourbon can and is made in other places. I’ve actually had some pretty good bourbon that was made in Japan. KY is the home of bourbon, however, with most of the best distillers in the world within the state’s confines.

It’s said KY has the best bourbon made because of the water coming out of their rock springs.

You didn't have a bourbon made in Japan, by international agreement for a whiskey to be labeled as bourbon in Japan it must be made in the U.S. That being said there was a time (and this may be still be the case) where distilleries here in the U.S. made bourbons made only for export and you may have had one that was only available in Japan but was made in the U.S.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,650
    I wonder if a 631/2’ Falcon Sprint is worth more than a 641/2’ Mustang?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,349
    edited April 2021
    My dad bought one of the first 1964.5 Mustangs sold in Kentucky. For the first few weeks it was like being a rock star- it was the center of attention wherever Dad drove it.
    It was to be my first car when I got my license but my mother totaled it in 1969. My mother’s favorite stories were always at least partially false and always made me look bad- and the story she concocted from the accident fit that template exactly.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

jipster said:

ronsteve said:

jipster said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe

jmonroe
    I'll try my hardest!

jmonroe
    I didn't say I would succeed!

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

jipster said:

ronsteve said:

jipster said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe

jmonroe
    I'll try my hardest!

jmonroe
    I didn't say I would succeed!
    It didn’t take long to renege on that. :@

jmonroe

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

jmonroe

You didn't have a bourbon made in Japan, by international agreement for a whiskey to be labeled as bourbon in Japan it must be made in the U.S. That being said there was a time (and this may be still be the case) where distilleries here in the U.S. made bourbons made only for export and you may have had one that was only available in Japan but was made in the U.S.
    You’re right. I stand corrected!

https://thetakeout.com/intro-to-japanese-whisky-whiskey-1832789048
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    The attacker:

The victim:

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

@oldfarmer50 That is really unfortunate....and too bad it was right on the crease.
    It is one of those things, like you are the only car on a road in the country, but a car going at right angles gets to the stop sign at exactly the same time.
    Or you park your car at a mall where there are 1000 cars, and the only other person getting in their car when you are is the one with the door open right where you have to go to open your door.
    Or your in the locker room at school or at a club, and you're the only one there in a narrow ally, and the guy with the locker opposite you has to get down the aisle..........

The attacker:

The victim:

Talk to @ab348 about how to buff that out. ;)

jmonroe
    jmonroe1 said:

The attacker:

The victim:

jmonroe
    If I’m lucky my guy can do a PDR on it and I’ll get out cheap.

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,936
    Geesh. An article about trivial car trivia and yet the author has no issue supporting the myth that there is such a thing as a 64.5 mustang. Sigh.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,308
    Some quick research indicates that Ford ended up releasing the Mustang before the planned debut as a 65 model, thus the 64.5, due to the public reaction.
    You could only get the 170 CI 6 and the 260 V8 in the 64.5's,
    That was changed to a 200 CI 6 and the 289 as the base V8 for 65 models.
    There were also other differences.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    jmonroe1 said:

The attacker:

The victim:

jmonroe
    I don't see nuthin'.

Some quick research indicates that Ford ended up releasing the Mustang before the planned debut as a 65 model, thus the 64.5, due to the public reaction.

Dad's Mustang had the 260.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,324

My understanding is that the 64.5 was the model year 65 but during the model year run they made some changes in the Mustang. The cars made prior to the changes started to be called 64.5 by fans of the car.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,308
    Technically, they were all 65 models.
    Interestingly maybe for some, the 40th anniversary Mustang models didn't get released until the 2nd half of the 2005 model year.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,936

EXACTLY!

"gee, sir, I can't give you a trade-in value on your '2004.5' Passat because it isn't listed in any of my books or auction reports. Bye now!"

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

For what it is worth;
    VIN NUMBERS FOR 1964 AND 1965 MUSTANGS
    VINs weren’t standardized until the 1980s, but you can still find out the information you need to know about a classic Mustang as long as you understand Ford’s identification system. The first digit refers to the year produced, unfortunately, that won’t help distinguish between the 1964 and 1965 because Ford used a “5” for both years.

The second digit refers to the manufacturing location. For a Mustang you’ll either see an F or an R. F for Dearborn, Michigan, and R for San Jose, California.

The fifth digit of a Mustang’s VIN refers to the engine code. Only one engine is shared between the ’64.5 and the ’65. For Mustangs with a K code engine, it is considered a 64.5 if it has a serial number that’s less than 25,000 from Dearborn or 125,000 if out of San Jose.
    https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/1964-vs-1965-mustangs#:~:text=For Mustangs with a K,if out of San Jose.

Please keep in mind that this guide is for informational purposes only. It’s incredibly difficult to tell these vehicles apart especially as these vehicles get older and more restoration is required. It’s never a bad idea to get a second, or even third, opinion before investing in a classic Mustang

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    Well, I survived my colonoscopy yesterday. Doctor found 2 polyps- 1 average size and one tiny - and removed them. He said they looked benign but will call me next week after he gets the biopsy report. Recommended that I get another colonoscopy in 5 years, age and medical issues to be considered prior to another procedure.

My mother had colon cancer but she survived that with chemo. The prep for the procedure is the only downfall of the entire experience. 🤓

2021 Genesis G90

qbrozen said:

EXACTLY!

"gee, sir, I can't give you a trade-in value on your '2004.5' Passat because it isn't listed in any of my books or auction reports. Bye now!"
    They are still doing it... VW Atlas is out as a 2021.5 model

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

abacomike said:

Well, I survived my colonoscopy yesterday. Doctor found 2 polyps- 1 average size and one tiny - and removed them. He said they looked benign but will call me next week after he gets the biopsy report. Recommended that I get another colonoscopy in 5 years, age and medical issues to be considered prior to another procedure.

My mother had colon cancer but she survived that with chemo. The prep for the procedure is the only downfall of the entire experience. 🤓

Great news @Mike. We always knew you were an almost perfect axs hxxe. :D

jmonroe
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    edited April 2021
    @abacomike
    Hoping both biopsies are benign.

Good to see you are back. Does anyone here every develope a taste for the prep liquids?

I find that different doctors seem to have different combinations of things for their prep.

I still cringe at the "plastic" taste of the prep liquid I had last time. Previous time with the high
    volume, high salts prep was even worse. Lots to swallow. Hated it.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Re: colonoscopy; I may have posted this before? but i had my first scope in 10 years back in January. The prep wasn't bad, much better than a decade ago. But, unlike prior, this time they found a very large polyp in a strange location, biopsy was negative. But, the Dr. noted that had it not been found and removed, in a few years it likely would have turned cancerous. So, I'm scheduled for a second scope in May.
    Moral of the story, don't ignore a colonoscopy.

Does anyone remember Macabee who went in for a long past due colonoscopy and they kept
    him in the hospital that day for surgery because of what they found?

Re: colonoscopy; I may have posted this before? but i had my first scope in 10 years back in January. The prep wasn't bad, much better than a decade ago. But, unlike prior, this time they found a very large polyp in a strange location, biopsy was negative. But, the Dr. noted that had it not been found and removed, in a few years it likely would have turned cancerous. So, I'm scheduled for a second scope in May.

Does anyone remember Macabee who went in for a long past due colonoscopy and they kept

I still miss Mac.

jmonroe
    jmonroe1 said:

I still miss Mac.

jmonroe
    Same here.

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    Plan on getting the shingles shot pretty soon. I've seen folks who've gotten shingles and it ain't pretty. If the vaccine can protect me from all that, I'm good with it.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,726

Plan on getting the shingles shot pretty soon. I've seen folks who've gotten shingles and it ain't pretty. If the vaccine can protect me from all that, I'm good with it.

From what I understand, after first Shingrix, 50% effective. After second, 90%. No reaction after first shot, second shot just a bit of fatigue for ~24 hours.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

From what I understand, after first Shingrix, 50% effective. After second, 90%. No reaction after first shot, second shot just a bit of fatigue for ~24 hours.
    Same here... once my 90 days is up for COVID.

I've heard it is pricey.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,726
    I believe it was covered by my insurance as a preventative measure. IIRC, yes, not cheap.
    But, most likely well worth it.
    In medical terms,, Shingles is "bad." I was pre-med. Or pre-law, what's the difference?

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

edited April 2021

Exactly....you feel zonked after the 2nd dose. 2 Step vaccines are often that way....your body really ramps up to fight off that 2nd dose.
    @kyfdx I believe it was just under $200 in Canada, and almost the same in the U.S., but well worth it if you know someone who has had a bad case of Shingles...can even blind people!

• dad23dad23 Member Posts: 870
    edited April 2021
    Ironic, all this talk of colonoscopy, got an email from my Dr this morning saying I'm due, should hear from referral in a week or so :s I'm scheduled for shot #1 this Saturday...
    For Shringrix I say call your health care insurance first and ask.

I paid $0, and I just went in to Kroger pharmacy and asked. It was very soon
    after the two-shot Shingrix became available.
    I'm not sure who paid all or what of the cost for mine: medicare or
    the extra insurance like an advantage plan that supplements medicare.

dad23 said:

Ironic, all this talk of colonoscopy, got an email from my Dr this morning saying I'm due, should hear from referral in a week or so :s I'm scheduled for shot #1 this Saturday...

Especially good if you could get them both done at once...maybe get the vaccine in the bum :)

@Mike you might like this. Maybe you other guys too:

I was over at the flip yesterday afternoon to see how things were going . Most of the time I drive Mrs. j’s Subie because it has fold down rear seats that come in handy when I have to pick stuff up at different places. However, because I’ve had the battery in the Genny act up, I decided to use it to get it charged a little. There were several guys there to give us bids for things like windows, pressure washing the siding and brick and even a plumber who came by too. The plumber was a surprise because we didn’t call him but he stopped by because he heard about us doing flip work. Needless to say the driveway was crowded so I had to park where I had someone blocked. Since I was only nosing around I thought that would be OK for a few minutes. As usual I was there longer than expected. After about a half hour one of the trades guys comes back into the house and yells out, “whoever’s driving the Bentley, you’ve got me blocked in”! I said, “ OH, that’s me and BTW, it isn’t a Bentley”. His response was, “you coulda fooled me”. :s

I’ve had this happen twice before, so I’m just preparing you for this. B)

jmonroe
  • dad23dad23 Member Posts: 870
    You better leave that at home from now on @jmonroe1, your bids might start going up ;)
    jmonroe1 said:

@Mike you might like this. Maybe you other guys too:
    I said, “ OH, that’s me and BTW, it isn’t a Bentley”. His response was, “you coulda fooled me”. :s

I’ve had this happen twice before, so I’m just preparing you for this. B)

jmonroe

I am surprised Bentley hasn't sued Hyundai over that badge....it is a direct copy. I guess you can't copyright flying wings.

So the eaves trough cleaning guys were here and he told us our roof would have to be done one day. The roof is 14 years old and is really high, with lots of peaks and stuff....the shingles are lifting on from one direction. Our neighbors house was built at the same time and he did his roof 2 years ago.
    A friend said to go with a metal roof, it will last 50 years. Well, I am 73 and I won't be here for 50 years. If I replace it with a 20 year roof it will probably wear out early like this one.
    Any thoughts? I think this one will hold out for another year....but, maybe it is better to replace it before something happens.

Reverse snob: