Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,151
    jmonroe1 said:

@Mike you might like this. Maybe you other guys too:

I was over at the flip yesterday afternoon to see how things were going . Most of the time I drive Mrs. j’s Subie because it has fold down rear seats that come in handy when I have to pick stuff up at different places. However, because I’ve had the battery in the Genny act up, I decided to use it to get it charged a little. There were several guys there to give us bids for things like windows, pressure washing the siding and brick and even a plumber who came by too. The plumber was a surprise because we didn’t call him but he stopped by because he heard about us doing flip work. Needless to say the driveway was crowded so I had to park where I had someone blocked. Since I was only nosing around I thought that would be OK for a few minutes. As usual I was there longer than expected. After about a half hour one of the trades guys comes back into the house and yells out, “whoever’s driving the Bentley, you’ve got me blocked in”! I said, “ OH, that’s me and BTW, it isn’t a Bentley”. His response was, “you coulda fooled me”. :s

I’ve had this happen twice before, so I’m just preparing you for this. B)

jmonroe

I thought of you a few days back. I was flipping through some of the useless channels on Spectrum (Charter) cable and saw a show called Zombie House Flippers

https://www.aetv.com/shows/zombie-house-flipping

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,328
    jmonroe1 said:

I was over at the flip yesterday afternoon to see how things were going . Most of the time I drive Mrs. j’s Subie because it has fold down rear seats that come in handy when I have to pick stuff up at different places. However, because I’ve had the battery in the Genny act up, I decided to use it to get it charged a little. There were several guys there to give us bids for things like windows, pressure washing the siding and brick and even a plumber who came by too. The plumber was a surprise because we didn’t call him but he stopped by because he heard about us doing flip work. Needless to say the driveway was crowded so I had to park where I had someone blocked. Since I was only nosing around I thought that would be OK for a few minutes. As usual I was there longer than expected. After about a half hour one of the trades guys comes back into the house and yells out, “whoever’s driving the Bentley, you’ve got me blocked in”! I said, “ OH, that’s me and BTW, it isn’t a Bentley”. His response was, “you coulda fooled me”. :s

jmonroe

You know that somewhere there is a Bentley owner who is upset because someone called his Bentley a Genesis.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

I said, “ OH, that’s me and BTW, it isn’t a Bentley”. His response was, “you coulda fooled me”. :s

jmonroe

I am surprised Bentley hasn't sued Hyundai over that badge....it is a direct copy. I guess you can't copyright flying wings.

They are not that much alike.

But hey maybe Chrysler should sue them both.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,539
    Driver, if the shingles aren’t coming off and no leaks, might as well wait. And do a normal roof, rdecially if you figure on downsizing in the next 5-10 years.

Metal roofs can be cool. Did you get a ballpark of cost differential?

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,090
    driver100 said:

So the eaves trough cleaning guys were here and he told us our roof would have to be done one day. The roof is 14 years old and is really high, with lots of peaks and stuff....the shingles are lifting on from one direction. Our neighbors house was built at the same time and he did his roof 2 years ago.
    A friend said to go with a metal roof, it will last 50 years. Well, I am 73 and I won't be here for 50 years. If I replace it with a 20 year roof it will probably wear out early like this one.
    Any thoughts? I think this one will hold out for another year....but, maybe it is better to replace it before something happens.

That reminds me of my elderly neighbor some years ago now. Not too long after I moved here and after his wife had passed away, I saw a roofing crew set up at his house one day. I saw their sign on his lawn saying that they were installing a lifetime metal roof. A day or so after they arrived I was talking to him about why the work was getting done, since it didn't appear to me that his roof shingles were very old to start with. He told me they were going door to door (I cringed) and that this was some sort of new advanced roof. But the big selling point for him was that it was guaranteed for life. Of course Lou was in his late '70s at that point, so it seemed a dubious guarantee. I was staggered when he told me it was going to cost $12K (this was probably 15 years ago). I had just gotten my roof redone with traditional shingles the year before and it cost me $3000 back then.

His new advanced metal roof wasn't the kind that I've seen installed lately, as it used individual metal shingles. It took them 2 weeks to finish and they seemed to have quite a bit of difficulty with the valleys and transitions, though I gather it has held up well. Like all metal roofs, whenever it snows it produces avalanches off the roof because snow doesn't stick to it, so there is a lot more snow clearing to do because of that.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,558
    dad23 said:

You better leave that at home from now on @jmonroe1, your bids might start going up ;)

Funny you should mention this because I said that to Son #1 when we started this flip thing and he said something like, “then maybe you outta start driving Mom’s car more often at least when we’re getting bids”

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,253
    ab348 said:

driver100 said:

So the eaves trough cleaning guys were here and he told us our roof would have to be done one day. The roof is 14 years old and is really high, with lots of peaks and stuff....the shingles are lifting on from one direction. Our neighbors house was built at the same time and he did his roof 2 years ago.
    A friend said to go with a metal roof, it will last 50 years. Well, I am 73 and I won't be here for 50 years. If I replace it with a 20 year roof it will probably wear out early like this one.
    Any thoughts? I think this one will hold out for another year....but, maybe it is better to replace it before something happens.

That reminds me of my elderly neighbor some years ago now. Not too long after I moved here and after his wife had passed away, I saw a roofing crew set up at his house one day. I saw their sign on his lawn saying that they were installing a lifetime metal roof. A day or so after they arrived I was talking to him about why the work was getting done, since it didn't appear to me that his roof shingles were very old to start with. He told me they were going door to door (I cringed) and that this was some sort of new advanced roof. But the big selling point for him was that it was guaranteed for life. Of course Lou was in his late '70s at that point, so it seemed a dubious guarantee. I was staggered when he told me it was going to cost $12K (this was probably 15 years ago). I had just gotten my roof redone with traditional shingles the year before and it cost me $3000 back then.

His new advanced metal roof wasn't the kind that I've seen installed lately, as it used individual metal shingles. It took them 2 weeks to finish and they seemed to have quite a bit of difficulty with the valleys and transitions, though I gather it has held up well. Like all metal roofs, whenever it snows it produces avalanches off the roof because snow doesn't stick to it, so there is a lot more snow clearing to do because of that.
    My folks had a new roof installed on their house just a few years back. My dad was in ill health, and I'm afraid they, too, were overcharged for the work that was done.

Nothing to do about it now, but I suppose when the time comes to sell it we can use the new roof as a selling point.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

driver100 said:

Reverse snob:

That guy is the dope of all dopes. :s I hope he paid a pretty penny for that badge.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,315
    It should have a VW badge instead of Hyundai.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976
    stickguy said:

Driver, if the shingles aren’t coming off and no leaks, might as well wait. And do a normal roof, rdecially if you figure on downsizing in the next 5-10 years.

and @ab348, Thanks for the info.

Just some quick research online says metal roofs cost about 3X as much. They start at around $10 a sq ft and can go to $50 or more for fancy stuff. Our one story is 2400 sq ft but the roof is probably about 3500 to 4000 sq ft because of all the peaks. Then there are probably fees to get rid of the old roof.

It sounds like an asphalt roof that is 3500 to 4000 sq ft will cost about $11000 to $15000 in Ontario Canada. I think our roof will last at least another year, the lifting is just on one side...I guess the wind lifts the shingles out of position.

I don't have anything done by guys coming around. Those are guys that can guaranty things like a roof for a lifetime, because they will be out of business by then.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

I said, “ OH, that’s me and BTW, it isn’t a Bentley”. His response was, “you coulda fooled me”. :s

jmonroe

I am surprised Bentley hasn't sued Hyundai over that badge....it is a direct copy. I guess you can't copyright flying wings.

Roofs are nothing to mess around with. IMO, I’d rather replace a roof five years early than one day too late.

jmonroe

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

Reverse snob:

That guy is the dope of all dopes. :s I hope he paid a pretty penny for that badge.

jmonroe
    I think it is a good idea, because he can drive his Bentley anywhere but people won't know it is a Bentley so they won't vandalize his car.....brilliant!

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,983
    driver100 said:

stickguy said:

Just some quick research online says metal roofs cost about 3X as much. They start at around $10 a sq ft and can go to $50 or more for fancy stuff. Our one story is 2400 sq ft but the roof is probably about 3500 to 4000 sq ft because of all the peaks. Then there are probably fees to get rid of the old roof.

It sounds like an asphalt roof that is 3500 to 4000 sq ft will cost about $11000 to $15000 in Ontario Canada. I think our roof will last at least another year, the lifting is just on one side...I guess the wind lifts the shingles out of position.

I don't have anything done by guys coming around. Those are guys that can guaranty things like a roof for a lifetime, because they will be out of business by then.
    Check with your insurance company. You may have a claim for wind damage. We had a combination of wind and hail damage on our 16 yr old roof last summer. Our house is also a ranch, 2430 sq ft down/ 320s sq ft in a single room (bonus room) upstairs that straddles two downstairs bedrooms. Our was replaced with architectural 30yr shingles. It cost around $16k to strip the roof, new underlayment, haul away, new shingles. Luckily insurance covered most of the cost.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

@sda Now if I could arrange for a hurricane or storm that would be great. Since others have been done around the same time on houses built at the same time or a bit later and no one made a claim I think this is considered normal wear and tear.
    I like the idea of 30 year shingles....that should get us through. It might cost less in the long run because if prices double in 10 years and a roof lasts about 14 years......it might cost less to do a 30 year roof now.

edited April 2021
    The comment by @sda reminded me of something related. A few years before he pulled up stakes and sold his place in town, my buddy who is now living up country had his '50s-era ranch house re-roofed with architectural shingles at considerable cost. Within a couple of years some shingles were delaminating and showing signs of failure. After a bit of back and forth the manufacturer agreed to replace the shingles and he ended up paying very little out of pocket for the entire thing to be redone. Most composition shingles have 20 to 30 year warranties so it might be worthwhile to investigate whether a warranty claim is in order,

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    This afternoon, my friends and I went to a German restaurant for lunch. I pulled into the parking lot and several people walked over to me and asked what kind of car I was driving. I responded that it was a G90. One guy asked if the car was made in Germany. I responded, “...no, it was produced in South Korea, a suburb of Germany!” He looked at me in disbelief and said, “...you sure could have fooled me. It looks like a Bentley!”

So jmonroe is correct - I now drive a Bentley! 🤪😜🤓

2021 Genesis G90

@ab348 The contractor who built our home has built several homes around here. He doesn't cut corners on the actual construction, but he finds ways to cut back on cosmetic things. For example although the appliances are all the same color, they are different makes...he buys what he can get cheaper....same with bathroom items. I am sure the roofs were ones that looked good enough, but they weren't built to last beyond the minimal amount required. We have been here for 12 years, and the house has more than doubled in value....so I just accept it.

We did get a good price for home insurance this year from CAA which is like AAA. They did an inspection and said they would cancel our policy unless we put an eavestrough extension on one of the downspouts....and had a trough to carry the water away from the foundation...never heard of that before....but we did it and sent them a picture.

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe

Aston Martin and Mini also use wings!

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe

I think the US Army used wings first.

Earlier this week we had all of the windows in the house replaced (I think 24 of them but don’t hold me to that). Seem to be pretty good quality and they are triple pain. I’m considering calling the electric company after I get the house cooled after the first hot day this Summer. Then come Winter I’ll call the gas company after I get the house warm on the first cold day of Winter. No sense being harassed with monthly bills when I don’t need their services year round anymore.

Life just got better.

FWIW, we had new architectural shingles installed about 4 years ago.

jmonroe
    jmonroe1 said:

Earlier this week we had all of the windows in the house replaced (I think 24 of them but don’t hold me to that). Seem to be pretty good quality and they are triple pain. I’m considering calling the electric company after I get the house cooled after the first hot day this Summer. Then come Winter I’ll call the gas company after I get the house warm on the first cold day of Winter. No sense being harassed with monthly bills when I don’t need their services year round anymore.

Life just got better.

jmonroe

Sorry to hear that the windows are such a pain. Bad enough if they are a pain but a triple pain that's bad.

jmonroe1 said:

Life just got better.

jmonroe

Sorry to hear that the windows are such a pain. Bad enough if they are a pain but a triple pain that's bad.
    He gives me a Royal Pain. ;)

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe

I think the US Army used wings first.

First wings:

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,162
    Tile roof - lasts forever and looks cool. Costs $$$, but yolo or something the younglings used to say.

My family just sold my late grandmother's house, which received a 30 year roof around 15 years ago - passed inspection with flying colors. She would have the roof cleaned every year or two, which I think is important in the PNW. Her nearly 60 year old original owner house also had all original windows (and most finishes), all obsolete but in fine condition. Quality build along with caring ownership can do a lot. I visited the house for the last time this past Saturday, it closes on Monday, and that's it. Kind of sad, but time moves on.
    driver100 said:

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,162
    On that note, back when I was a student, some guy approached me and said something like "do you drive that blue Bentley?", or something similar, referring to the fintail. Non-car people can think funny things.
    abacomike said:

This afternoon, my friends and I went to a German restaurant for lunch. I pulled into the parking lot and several people walked over to me and asked what kind of car I was driving. I responded that it was a G90. One guy asked if the car was made in Germany. I responded, “...no, it was produced in South Korea, a suburb of Germany!” He looked at me in disbelief and said, “...you sure could have fooled me. It looks like a Bentley!”

So jmonroe is correct - I now drive a Bentley! 🤪😜🤓

jmonroe1 said:

Life just got better.

jmonroe

I deserved that for not knowing the difference between pain and pane. :( But I’m going to save on energy regardless. ;)

jmonroe
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,355
    I'm amazed at how many people know nothing about Minis- I've even met a couple of people that did not know that the current cars are a retro take on the original Austin Mini introduced in the early '60s.
    What I hear a lot from acquaintances are statements along the lines of, "I thought you only drove BMWs." They are actually surprised when I tell them that BMW owns Mini.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

I'm amazed at how many people know nothing about Minis- I've even met a couple of people that did not know that the current cars are a retro take on the original Austin Mini introduced in the early '60s.
    What I hear a lot from acquaintances are statements along the lines of, "I thought you only drove BMWs." They are actually surprised when I tell them that BMW owns Mini.

OK, but that doesn’t give them the right to copy the Genesis badge. :@

jmonroe
  • ventureventure Member Posts: 2,875
    driver100 said:

stickguy said:

Installing a roof is one of those things where the installer is as, if not more, important as the product.

The metal roofs installed around here are put on, what appear to be, furring strips and put right over the existing asphalt shingles. No old roof to haul away. Many people don't like that. I assume there are other ways to do it, but I haven't seen it.

Don't forget the Snow Stops or Snow Guards too to keep a ton of snow sliding off the roof onto your noggin.

If you can get a 25 or 35 year roof for half, or a third, the cost of metal, It doesn't seem real hard decision.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

venture said:

driver100 said:

stickguy said:

Installing a roof is one of those things where the installer is as, if not more, important as the product.

The metal roofs installed around here are put on, what appear to be, furring strips and put right over the existing asphalt shingles. No old roof to haul away. Many people don't like that. I assume there are other ways to do it, but I haven't seen it.

Don't forget the Snow Stops or Snow Guards too to keep a ton of snow sliding off the roof onto your noggin.

If you can get a 25 or 35 year roof for half, or a third, the cost of metal, It doesn't seem real hard decision.
    My next-door neighbor had a metal (panel-style) roof installed a couple of years ago. They did the install as you described, horizontal strapping across the old shingles and then the panels screwed to those. She told me hers was $8K. They are becoming popular around here but I don't care for the look in most applications. They remind me of barn roofs.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,069
    It is a rare house that can pull of the look of a metal roof. Also, noisy, compared to shingles.

Around here, we have many older tudor style houses with tile roofs. (also, slate). Seems like the "historic" restoration companies have a field day with those. They last almost forever, but as they age, seem to need expensive maintenance.

I've noticed that in the case where they need replacement (after 80-90 years), some have been replaced with a PVC product that mimics the appearance of tile.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

venture said:

driver100 said:

stickguy said:

I think he’s been hit with snow plopping on his noggin before. At least it sure seems like it. :'(

jmonroe
    Got a question. Is Canada known for it’s blueberry crop? The reason I ask is because I just ate a blueberry muffin that I got at Aldi. The package of 4 says, “product of Canada”.

FWIW, it ain’t bad.

jmonroe
    jmonroe1 said:

Got a question. Is Canada known for it’s blueberry crop? The reason I ask is because I just ate a blueberry muffin that I got at Aldi. The package of 4 says, “product of Canada”.

FWIW, it ain’t bad.

jmonroe

I have this beer in my fridge, right now.
    Made with Wild Canadian Blueberries

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

jmonroe1 said:

FWIW, it ain’t bad.

jmonroe

C’mon man. Do you really drink that stuff or is it just a decoration for your fridge? :s

jmonroe
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,662
    kyfdx said:

jmonroe1 said:

FWIW, it ain’t bad.

jmonroe

Yuck! As a rule whenever I try a fruit beer I always stand next to the sink so I can dump it.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Always liked Ed China (sp?). Glad to see he’s back. I have another YouTube hole to bury into, now.

https://youtu.be/1Xlm3oJZU5A
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    jmonroe1 said:

FWIW, it ain’t bad.

jmonroe

"Oxford, Nova Scotia is the blueberry capital of Canada and the center of the large Wild Blueberry growing region of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Maine."

If you decide to visit, be sure to say hello to this fellow.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,315
    Is that a sour beer? My son in law likes those.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702
    Just don't try to shake hands.

Looks like they amputated his broken arms?
    A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.
    kyfdx said:

jmonroe1 said:

FWIW, it ain’t bad.

jmonroe

I'd say yes. Our growing season is short but in Ontario Canada (Ontario is like a state but it is called a province here...just pointing it out for JMonroe) the Wild Blueberries are exceptional, as are peaches and especially Strawberries. We have to import these for most of the year, but when it is growing season they are as good as can be.

Oldfarmer, I am not a fan of adulterating my beer or coffee with extra flavors, but if you get to Ellicottville go to the Brewery Restaurant in town and try their own Wheat Blueberry beer....that is their best seller.

I think early metal roofs were like long flat panels, but now they come in all kinds of formats....some look like shingles. Here are a few, some are fancy I think called terra cotta.....you never see that here but you see it a lot in Florida.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,539
    I got hooked watching videos from a carpenter in Vermont that builds garages (don't ask why), and they almost always put metal panel roofs on. Actually seem to go on much quicker than shingles. Installs right on top of the membrane over the sheathing, same as shingles would. Of course, no issue on a garage being noisier!

they start installing the roof at the 11:56 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBl74LFyWq0

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    edited April 2021
    348 beat me to it, but the Atlantic provinces, Maine and British Columbia raise the dickens out of blueberries. When we were up there a few years ago you could buy them for dirt cheap at little roadside stands. Good times.

This is the summer I think we'll put a metal roof on the cabin. I need to sort the eavestroughs so the deck on the side of the house doesn't get so wet as the snow melts, plus a metal roof is a real plus where forest fires are possible. Getting the snow off is a very good thing also, since it's possible to get feet of snow up here sometimes, and if it gets too deep it has to be taken off to avoid breaking the roof structure. It's a simple gable roof, so shouldn't be too expensive. Regardless, it'll be worth it.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
    ab348 said:

jmonroe1 said:

FWIW, it ain’t bad.

jmonroe

"Oxford, Nova Scotia is the blueberry capital of Canada and the center of the large Wild Blueberry growing region of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Maine."

If you decide to visit, be sure to say hello to this fellow.

Thanks, I knew you guys had to be good at something. B)

jmonroe
    driver100 said:

kyfdx said:

jmonroe1 said:

FWIW, it ain’t bad.

jmonroe

I'd say yes. Our growing season is short but in Ontario Canada (Ontario is like a state but it is called a province here...just pointing it out for JMonroe) the Wild Blueberries are exceptional, as are peaches and especially Strawberries. We have to import these for most of the year, but when it is growing season they are as good as can be.

Oldfarmer, I am not a fan of adulterating my beer or coffee with extra flavors, but if you get to Ellicottville go to the Brewery Restaurant in town and try their own Wheat Blueberry beer....that is their best seller.
    I used to be neighbors with the local craft brewery at the farmer’s market and loved most of their beers. I bought a sampler of ales, IPAs, stouts and various fruit derived beers. The ale I loved, some of the rest I could tolerate but didn’t like much but the oatmeal stout was the only beer I ever poured down the sink after one sip. I guess my palate isn’t very sophisticated.

I share similar feelings about adulterated coffee. If I wanted foam and chocolate chips floating around I’d buy a sundae. I doubt Starbucks would even let me in the door. :'(

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

driver100 said:

I think early metal roofs were like long flat panels, but now they come in all kinds of formats....some look like shingles. Here are a few, some are fancy I think called terra cotta.....you never see that here but you see it a lot in Florida.

Elon Musk has even come out with solar shingles. That’s what I would like if I could afford them.

driver100 said:

Elon Musk has even come out with solar shingles. That’s what I would like if I could afford them.

I wouldn’t like living under a power plant.

What they don’t tell you about solar panels is they are susceptible to lightning strikes if not installed correctly and lots of home panels fall into this category and they don’t have to get a direct hit either. Being too close to a strike is good enough.

jmonroe

Is that a sour beer? My son in law likes those.

Yes.. it is amazing

https://www.artifactbeer.com

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

jmonroe1 said:

FWIW, it ain’t bad.

jmonroe

Yuck! As a rule whenever I try a fruit beer I always stand next to the sink so I can dump it.
    This isn't your grandpa's fruit beer. It isn't fruit-flavored. It's made with huge amounts of real fruit. And, it's sour. The sour part is an acquired taste. This example is 10.1% ABV (but, it doesn't taste like it).

Interesting tidbit: 424 blueberries per 12 oz. can. :s

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator