Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,256
    @abacomike,
    You missed gray striped shirts. :p
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964
    @abacomike
    What an incredible memory remembering that wide range of topics covered. I don't remember prepaid funerals though.
    When we went they said if we paid today the price would be locked in and wouldn't increase with inflation.
    I told them it didn't matter if I paid after, it would cost me less, because then it wouldn't come out of my bank account, it would come out of the inheritance money.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    My dealer has a red 3.0 Premium for $49k. Cheap enough but I’m still undecided.
    And I HATE buyatoyota.com; when you search inventory the site won’t reveal which dealer has the car.
    Idiots.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,559
    driver100 said:

@abacomike
    What an incredible memory remembering that wide range of topics covered. I don't remember prepaid funerals though.
    When we went they said if we paid today the price would be locked in and wouldn't increase with inflation.
    I told them it didn't matter if I paid after, it would cost me less, because then it wouldn't come out of my bank account, it would come out of the inheritance money.

How about wills and trusts so that your gold digger girlfriend doesn’t get all your wife’s money after you’re gone?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290
    abacomike said:

I have spent quite a bit of time trying to determine which topics have NOT been discussed or posted on this thread - and believe me it was not an easy task. 2500+ pages of posts trying to find and/or come up with "untouched" or "virgin" topics - an effort in futility, for the most part.

From refrigerators to microwaves, dishwashers, alcoholic beverages, toilets, sinks, faucets, countertops, stoves, wooden decks, patios, windows, shutters, roofs, tires, every imaginable vehicle including the infamous Yugo, tires, wheels, fuel economy and gasoline prices, 0-60 speeds and times, engines, oil viscosity, paint and painting of everything from cars to walls to exterior of houses, wood floors, marble and tile, front doors, air conditioning, heating, humidifiers, pumps, foundations, eye surgery and glasses and contacts, insurance for just about everything including pre-planned burials, the effects of road salt on vehicles during the winter, car-washing, sunroofs-moonroofs-panorama roofs, leather, fiber optics, cable companies, computers, TV's, monitors, cruises, airplanes and flight experiences, old drivers and young drivers, newspapers, furniture, beds, mattresses, carpeting, the Ozone Layer, Australia and New Zealand and scores of countries, hospitals, cancer, thefts, colonoscopies, water sports, boating, lighting fixtures, bulbs, ceiling fans, car accidents, dump trucks, garbage trucks, back up cameras, parking assist, autonomous driving vehicles, US mail, email, telephones and mobile phones, banks, financing, leasing, Sirius/XM satellite radio, bitcoins, gold and silver bullion, UFO's, speakers and turntables and wattage and home theaters, and on and on and on.

I was not able to find any posts that dealt with zoos, chimpanzees, apes, giraffes, hydrogen fusion on the sun, aardvarks, polygamy, hair dyes, etc.

So I am making a suggestion that we try to post topics that have never been posted or that no one is interested in. Any suggestions? :):o:p;):DB)

OK let's talk polygamy. Polygamy is defined as having more than one wife, the punishment for polygamy is having more than one wife.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,852
    edited April 2021

abacomike said:

I have spent quite a bit of time trying to determine which topics have NOT been discussed or posted on this thread - and believe me it was not an easy task. 2500+ pages of posts trying to find and/or come up with "untouched" or "virgin" topics - an effort in futility, for the most part.

From refrigerators to microwaves, dishwashers, alcoholic beverages, toilets, sinks, faucets, countertops, stoves, wooden decks, patios, windows, shutters, roofs, tires, every imaginable vehicle including the infamous Yugo, tires, wheels, fuel economy and gasoline prices, 0-60 speeds and times, engines, oil viscosity, paint and painting of everything from cars to walls to exterior of houses, wood floors, marble and tile, front doors, air conditioning, heating, humidifiers, pumps, foundations, eye surgery and glasses and contacts, insurance for just about everything including pre-planned burials, the effects of road salt on vehicles during the winter, car-washing, sunroofs-moonroofs-panorama roofs, leather, fiber optics, cable companies, computers, TV's, monitors, cruises, airplanes and flight experiences, old drivers and young drivers, newspapers, furniture, beds, mattresses, carpeting, the Ozone Layer, Australia and New Zealand and scores of countries, hospitals, cancer, thefts, colonoscopies, water sports, boating, lighting fixtures, bulbs, ceiling fans, car accidents, dump trucks, garbage trucks, back up cameras, parking assist, autonomous driving vehicles, US mail, email, telephones and mobile phones, banks, financing, leasing, Sirius/XM satellite radio, bitcoins, gold and silver bullion, UFO's, speakers and turntables and wattage and home theaters, and on and on and on.

I was not able to find any posts that dealt with zoos, chimpanzees, apes, giraffes, hydrogen fusion on the sun, aardvarks, polygamy, hair dyes, etc.

So I am making a suggestion that we try to post topics that have never been posted or that no one is interested in. Any suggestions? :):o:p;):DB)

OK let's talk polygamy. Polygamy is defined as having more than one wife, the punishment for polygamy is having more than one wife.
    Anyone watch Big Love on HBO?

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

driver100 said:

@abacomike

How about wills and trusts so that your gold digger girlfriend doesn’t get all your wife’s money after you’re gone?
    I took care of that. I made a trust so that if I go first my wife's new boyfriend won't get what is left.....including the E400. Trust fund for her and the kids.

abacomike said:

Life is complicated enough with one wife :(

• mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722

And I HATE buyatoyota.com; when you search inventory the site won’t reveal which dealer has the car.
    Idiots.

I can understand why their site won't reveal that information. However, CarGurus website allows you to easily find what you want.
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,936
    abacomike said:

Whew, I’m exhausted.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,118
    tjc78 said:

abacomike said:

Loved that show. “Meh” on the ending.

Wife and daughter are watching “Seeking Sister Wives” on one of the cable channels.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Michaell said:

tjc78 said:

abacomike said:

Wife and daughter are watching “Seeking Sister Wives” on one of the cable channels.
    C'mon.....are you watching it too? ;)

driver100 said:

Michaell said:

tjc78 said:

abacomike said:

C'mon.....are you watching it too? ;)
    Nope, I’m in my office talking about kitchen appliances with you all, and answering lease questions from the masses.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199

kyfdx said:

Is that a sour beer? My son in law likes those.

Yes.. it is amazing

https://www.artifactbeer.com
    Thanks @kyfdx . Wasn’t aware of that one. I go here a lot, about 15-20 minutes from my house...

https://www.municipal.beer/?fbclid=IwAR0Xuha_BTTUb0A5Xp0UFm0aau0FRJqfDS0vGFmn3RWNe6dAE6zhdINVAs8

Went here yesterday. It was excellent, too.....

https://esotericbrewing.com/

And finally, for a place that brews in an old funeral home, but has excellent beers and good entertainment....

https://wiedemannsfinebeer.com/

All of these are local to both of us!
    I was at Municipal for a wedding reception sort of thing, in February. Cool place and the beer/food was free!

Haven't been to Esoteric yet, but that's only 10 minutes from my house. I've heard good things.

Wiedemann is doing some good stuff, as long as you stay away from the flagship beer. I swear that doesn't taste any better than it did in the '70s. Also, crappy food, the couple of times we went. My friends from St. Bernard can't get past the funeral home part. lol.

If you go to Urban Artifact, check out Brink Brewing on the way, in College Hill. It's very good.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    one of the biggest things I missed the last year due to all the pandemic restrictions was being able to hit up the many breweries around us. Especially during the winter when outside was less practical. At least they have some inside now, and can start ramping up the outside seating too.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

edited April 2021
    mcdawgg said:

Idiots.

I can understand why their site won't reveal that information. However, CarGurus website allows you to easily find what you want.
    I know that the Ford, Hyundai, Kia, as well as the Stellantis websites-to name just a few-tell you exactly where the car is located. To me the inventory search function is absolutely worthless if you can’t locate the car.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

had another example of why "the guy" is often worth the money, if you have it to spare.

wife complained that her sink (master bath, dual vanities) was draining slow. Did not seem too bad to me after a quick run, so I told her to just not let the water run and waste money. 2 problems solved that way IMO. Let's just say, suggestion did not go over well.

so this morning she emptied out much of the stuff under the sink (looked more like someone emptied out a storage unit, but I digress...) so I got some equipment out (work gloves, dog towel, snake) and dismantled the trap pieces (the plastic compression fittings you turn by hand). Man, was there a lot of stinky sludge in there, and my little drain snake kept pulling more out. I am surprised water was draining at all. But, I got it cleared out pretty well (nothing more was coming out where I could reach) so I put it all back together. Doesn't even seem to be leaking, and doesn't appear I broke anything! And now I know what 10 years of collected hair in the drain from a woman with a lot of it looks like.

I told her that next time her drain was running slow, we either were selling the house or she can clean it out.

not a hard or time consuming job, and I am certainly too cheap to pay someone $75 to do it, but must be nice to be a rich guy like Driver that thinks nothing of calling the guy for something like that.

mcdawgg said:

Idiots.

I know that the Ford, Hyundai, Kia, as well as the Stellantis websites-to name just a few-tell you exactly where the car is located. To me the inventory search function is absolutely worthless if you can’t locate the car.

one of them, I thought Ford, really annoyed me because it made you pick the dealer. If I wanted to check inventory like that, I would just go directly to their website.

stickguy said:

had another example of why "the guy" is often worth the money, if you have it to spare.

not a hard or time consuming job, and I am certainly too cheap to pay someone $75 to do it, but must be nice to be a rich guy like Driver that thinks nothing of calling the guy for something like that.

Good story stick. If I attempted that DIY job I could have caused more damage than I could fix...so I know my limits. But, I would have tried Mr Plumber stuff although it was probably too far gone to do that....you might want to add some once a month though until you move.
    I did install a water trough extender and a track to carry the water away from the foundation.....this week.

stickguy said:

mcdawgg said:

Idiots.

one of them, I thought Ford, really annoyed me because it made you pick the dealer. If I wanted to check inventory like that, I would just go directly to their website.
    I don’t think it’s the Ford site; you can select dealers but you aren’t required to.

stickguy said:

wife complained that her sink (master bath, dual vanities) was draining slow. Did not seem too bad to me after a quick run, so I told her to just not let the water run and waste money. 2 problems solved that way IMO. Let's just say, suggestion did not go over well.

so this morning she emptied out much of the stuff under the sink (looked more like someone emptied out a storage unit, but I digress...) so I got some equipment out (work gloves, dog towel, snake) and dismantled the trap pieces (the plastic compression fittings you turn by hand). Man, was there a lot of stinky sludge in there, and my little drain snake kept pulling more out. I am surprised water was draining at all. But, I got it cleared out pretty well (nothing more was coming out where I could reach) so I put it all back together. Doesn't even seem to be leaking, and doesn't appear I broke anything! And now I know what 10 years of collected hair in the drain from a woman with a lot of it looks like.

I told her that next time her drain was running slow, we either were selling the house or she can clean it out.

This is happens quite often with our sink and shower. My wife has very long thick hair... enough said.

I’ve already had to do the shower drain in the new house. Luckily it wasn’t too bad and my improvised coat hanger snake worked.

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    tjc78 said:

stickguy said:

This is happens quite often with our sink and shower. My wife has very long thick hair... enough said.

I’ve already had to do the shower drain in the new house. Luckily it wasn’t too bad and my improvised coat hanger snake worked.
    Easy fix. Fill bowl with water. Remove stopper, plug the overflow drain with wet washcloth, and use the bathroom plunger on the drain while bowl is full of water. The in and out suction will loosen the crud in the trap and a bunch of other goop. Allow water to completely drain to remove floating debris.

Rinse and repeat.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

edited April 2021
    Have we talked about golf?

I watched much of the Masters that was still played in Georgia. I always am doing something else. Today I was trying to get the extra DIMM module from my laptop where I ungraded memory into my wife's laptop to increase the memory. I also have a small SSD to install for her. She'll have a real Corvette after I finish. I can't just sit and watch golf. I read or do something else: double tasking.

Always some thrilling moments in the major tournaments. Today was no exception. Talking hosts are obnoxious, as usual.

another sign of the new times. I recently got called for jury duty (petit jury, for the county, 1 day or 1 trial). Didn't think it was long enough since my last time, but they do.

anyway, in the old days, they sent you an invite and told you what morning to show up at the courthouse in Camden, and you spent the day in a huge room lined with uncomfortable chairs and way too many people. Unless you got unlucky and got sent to a courtroom. At some point, they ran out of juries to seat and sent you home. A particularly inefficient use of people's time.

now, they assign you your day, and tell you to be online at a certain hour (haven't gotten those instructions yet). They also sent via Email a link to a questionnaire about the tech you have (wifi, data plan, laptop, zoom experience, etc.) So I guess an easy out is to say you have no way to get onto the internet!

so the process seems to be you hang out at home connected to the internet (so far, sounds like every other day...) and if they need you you have to zoom in for jury picking. And if you are really unlucky and get put on a jury, might have to go in to the courthouse at some point, or do some of it from home.

Going to be weird. Hopefully I will avoid getting picked.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,029

Easy fix. Fill bowl with water. Remove stopper, plug the overflow drain with wet washcloth, and use the bathroom plunger on the drain while bowl is full of water. The in and out suction will loosen the crud in the trap and a bunch of other goop. Allow water to completely drain to remove floating debris.

Rinse and repeat.

I have one of these little sink plungers, works well.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

stickguy said:

another sign of the new times. I recently got called for jury duty (petit jury, for the county, 1 day or 1 trial). Didn't think it was long enough since my last time, but they do.

Going to be weird. Hopefully I will avoid getting picked.

Just tell them, "If he looks guilty I'd hang him."

too bad my daughter isn't still dating a local police officer. I suppose I can leave out the break-up fact?

We are empaneling a grand jury this week. We can conduct jury trials beginning May 1. The KY Supreme Court has ordered judges to excuse any jurors suffering financial hardship due to the pandemic as well as anyone who falls in a high risk category. That's essentially a "Get out of Jury Duty Free!" card so the judge and I suspect we won't have enough jurors to conduct a trial.

should just hire bored retired guys to be professional jurists. Not all of them want to drive rental cars around all day.

ab348 said:

Rinse and repeat.

I have one of these little sink plungers, works well.

i'D forgotten they have the smalle ones. I just use the Tim Allen ToolMan Big Stick to clean out the sludge.

BTW. Running hot water slowly for a couple minutes in advance usually softens the goop.

stickguy said:

should just hire bored retired guys to be professional jurists. Not all of them want to drive rental cars around all day.

I kept getting jury duty notices. I'd have to call after a certain time on a day and then get a message that I'm not needed and to call back on a day or 3 in the future when another trial might need a jury.

I finally got my doctor to write an excuse note.

The last time I ended up in the jury call it was for a case where the crook was obviously guilty, both from the news and from my assessment of his body language and other mannerisms I saw during the jury seating. I was able to squeeze out of that one although I was in the final 18 or so.

I'm fairly old, and I've never been called for jury duty. :(

In 1998, my wife was on jury duty for 90 days, but we moved out of the county, before she could be called for an actual trial. Then, a year later, she was selected for the grand jury in the new county.

But, not me..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    kyfdx said:

In 1998, my wife was on jury duty for 90 days, but we moved out of the county, before she could be called for an actual trial. Then, a year later, she was selected for the grand jury in the new county.

But, not me..

well NOW ya did it!! You aren't supposed to state such things!

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    tjc78 said:

abacomike said:

The girlfriend made me watch it, which I did reluctantly at first. Then, got into it. Ending was a little out there, and somewhat prophetic.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,255

tjc78 said:

abacomike said:

The girlfriend made me watch it, which I did reluctantly at first. Then, got into it. Ending was a little out there, and somewhat prophetic.
    For “prophetic” insights, I go to my house of worship, not HBO! 🤪😜

2021 Genesis G90

I was notified for federal jury duty, once, about the time they were going to put Terry Nichols on trial in Denver for his role in the Oklahoma City bombing.

That would have been interesting.

Only been called for jury duty once at the county level - my number didn't come up, so I didn't have to go in.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Bathroom plunger for sinks, tubs, and showers works. When the above not as effective, it is snake drain weasel time. Found it at home depot. Any one have suggestions for kitchen sink/garbage disposal. Have wet dog smell at times which I suspect is build up as once opened up drain under sing and had grime and schmutz present. Had to remove and then put gardening hose in to complete job.
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,029
    I got called for jury duty a couple of times. The first was when they were looking for French-speaking jurors for a trial that was to be conducted in French, so they summoned everyone with a French surname. I was able to call and tell them I didn't speak French so I got off the hook that time. The second time was more dicey. I had to go in and join all the others in the bullpen, then they asked for people who were claiming an exemption to come forward and I joined in that group. When it was my turn, I had to go up to the Judge's dais and explain that I worked for the Minister of Finance and was needed by her for advice in the Legislature, which was true. What struck me odd was that when he agreed, he then announced everything I had told him back to the packed courthouse and said I was excused. I felt 1000 eyeballs on me as I departed.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

mlevine said:

Bathroom plunger for sinks, tubs, and showers works. When the above not as effective, it is snake drain weasel time. Found it at home depot. Any one have suggestions for kitchen sink/garbage disposal. Have wet dog smell at times which I suspect is build up as once opened up drain under sing and had grime and schmutz present. Had to remove and then put gardening hose in to complete job.

Garbage disposal smells come from goop, oils, fats, food particles, that stick on the upper inner part of the tank. Newer models have a removable rubber lip. At least my Insinkerators have that. It is awful after a couple of weeks of normal use. Needs bleached for 30 minutes lying in sink water and a toothbrush (don't use your good one--I save my old ones for various tasks like this).

A good way to clean inside of garbage disposal is to fill it with ice cubes. That's after I use paper towels and plastic glove to physically wipe the inside of the disposal that I can reach. Spin the disposal for a few seconds. Then let it sit. Then add a little running water and turn it on again occasionally. The shards of flying ice will really scour the inside.

This hint comes from an old appliance repairman (no, not me) that has done a radio show helping callers for decades. He's the same one that says to use TANG added to the wash cycle of your dishwasher to clean it; that's when it gets to the actual cycle where it heats up after opening the soap dispenser. Put in the "whole " jar of Tang.

Son and DIL have a house where the open floor plan and a basement built to be finished mean that the drains for the kitchen, including the garbage disposal, have very little pitch running across the width of the home in the basement before getting to the outside drain.

My son realized that potato skins through the disposal don't deteriorate or pulp up very well and can block the drain. I got a bottle of a bacteria and enyme material at Lowes plumbing dept. You put in a capful with a little hot water in any drain. Let it stand then. It starts bacteria level and enzymes to eat at oils, fats, potato peelings, that are lying in the pipe. It's similar to putting bacteria loads into septic tanks to speed the sludge digestion.

• dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,163
    edited April 2021
    driver100 said:

driver100 said:

@oldfarmer50,
    I think you should take one of those yellow signs with the arrow and move in front of your mailbox. ;)

....also a security camera with motion sensor.....then we can watch all the action in front of your house.
    Kind of like this? Yeah!

https://youtu.be/USu8vT_tfdw
    Like stick said addictive!
    I wonder how many trucks in total hit it?
    Lots of Penskis and white trucks with black writing...looked like two Guys Moving Company.
    They put up a guard so the actual bridge wouldn't get hit.
    I like the guys who slow down....then go, causes almost the same damage.
    There should be a soft one before you get there to test before you go under the bridge
    And a place to pull over and deflate your tires, and measure your truck.
    Maybe the mayors brother in law owns the body shop on the other side.
    If you lived there that would be entertaining to watch all day.
    You'd think they could deepen the road...dig it up and make it 10 inches lower.
    All these rental trucks, probably Joe Schmoe moving, or Moe, Contractor's Gopher transporting some goods. Most of these drivers are unaware of their vehicle's clearance limits, cause they probably sat behind the wheel that very morning. They should have some warning system installed in front of this bridge and on the side roads, too, not just the beam that tears the top off. I've seen some clever gantries with moving tabs, indicating vertical clearance, making huge noise when hit. This alerts the driver they should not proceed any further and gives them chance to stop before taking damage. If there are so many incidents on that site, it may be worth doing. They won't increase the clearance by raising the bridge, it would require replacement of miles of railroad tracks, especially that railroad was there first (they always get precedence over highways). Digging extra few inches could be a solution, but it has limits due to foundation stability and cover requirements (piers are adjacent to the road) and roadway profile (it already is in a sag curve). In fact, this would be a major intersection rebuilt. Another problem is rules of highway/bridge construction are such that you can't just "improve" from really bad to substandard, but less bad, you have to "rehabilitate" to certain minimum standard. This clearance is so off that it's basically a major rebuilt. So, bad solution "grandfathers in", but it can't be marginally improved by rules of design and funding, it has to be "rehabilitated" to the standard. If the shielded girder or pier were hit, the bridge could be restored (repaired) to its original state (again, it grandfathers in that substandard solution), but the improvement is most of the time "all of nothing" proposition. To get a substandard improvement that still doesn't pass the minimum requirement is a huge bureaucratic nightmare that gets involved everybody but the Pope.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,163
    edited April 2021
    BTW, this reminds me - get the Damage Waiver with Uhaul or Penske next time. This is one time it may be useful to pay up. Credit cards don't cover full size vans and larger vehicles, neither would your car insurance. Plus you're driving something with so much larger size that it's really easy to forget and make a mistake, like the guys one this footage.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

I always do. Hertz is $9/day and U haul I think $10.

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290
    I got called for jury duty 4 times. First time I asked for an exemption since I was in the service stationed in Alaska. The second time was to do jury duty in Chicago and I had to call the morning of my date and when I did they said I didn't have to come in. The last two times were at my current address and our county has you on call for a week, you call in the evening before to see if you have to come in the next day and at noon to see if you need to come in that afternoon. The first time I was called in one day and was in the pool for an auto accident case but wasn't chosen. The las time it was a year ago when Covid hit and they postponed it till that fall and I was not called in.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

qbrozen said:

kyfdx said:

But, not me..

well NOW ya did it!! You aren't supposed to state such things!
    Also, semi-retired. I won't mind if they call. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

dino001 said:

BTW, this reminds me - get the Damage Waiver with Uhaul or Penske next time. This is one time it may be useful to pay up. Credit cards don't cover full size vans and larger vehicles, neither would your car insurance. Plus you're driving something with so much larger size that it's really easy to forget and make a mistake, like the guys one this footage.

My grandson whose father is the SIL I don't talk to any more told me his father rented a U-Haul truck to take his furniture to his university dorm out of town. The S-I-L forgot he had a U-Haul truck and he backed into the canopy over the gas pumps at a gas station....it brought a huge section down. Knowing him I would bet he didn't take out extra insurance.....he usually does the cheapest thing possible but ends up paying more in the long run.

He was upset lately because he paid $24000 for a used Rogue. Somehow the car got hit about 2 months after he got it...his version, but he probably did it himself, and the car was a write-off. He was extremely upset that the insurance company only gave him $22000 for it. I could explain it to him but life is better since I stopped talking to him.

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,936
    edited April 2021

I found the CPO binder that was created for the 06 Passat I bought. The date on the report was my birthday 5/9! Looking at the paperwork I paid $800 more for the 06 than I did the 18 Passat I currently have.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,096
    I've been called once, when I was a student, and was called by the county where I lived when I was in high school. Being 4-5 hours away was an easy out .

I've long joked about the "jury of your peers" line with the idea that my peers are the ones who get out of jury duty B)
    kyfdx said:

But, not me..