Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2020 Land Rover Range Rover Velar Lease Deals and Prices

1131415161719»

Comments

• zagguruzagguru Member Posts: 81
    Michaell said:

zagguru said:

Michaell said:

zagguru said:

Michaell said:

zagguru said:

Can I get nunbers for RANGE ROVER VELAR HQ560 340 S. Residual, MF, incentives, 36 or 39 months, 7500 and 10k? 11021
    Thanks!

.00001 and 56%
    .00007 and 54%
    $2150 incentives
    How much do they add to the residual for a loaner car with miles? Would the MF or anything else above change if its a loaner?
    MF should stay the same.

Residual will be adjusted with existing miles, but we don't know how.
    When I gave them your numbers, this was there reply.

"Unfortunately the lease residuals and rebates you are mentioning are on new vehicles not loaners. As well, the money factor that you are using is buy rate. We do mark up the rate by legal standards for profit. chase does not use MSRP for lease calculations rather, they use MRM, which is an “msrp” they calculate. Most times lower.
    Lastly, the residuals are different than new cars and you also have to factor in mileage depreciation for each vehicle.

You have to look up the service loaner programs in order to get closer to your numbers."

Any truth to that?
    They believe it to be the truth.

The buy rate is the one you need to insist on. Almost every LR dealer marks it up, and gives some nonsense excuse similar to what you got. Bottom line - any number higher than the base rate is pure profit for the dealer and the bank.

MSRP is what is used to calculate the residual value - bottom line number of the factory window sticker. However, many luxury brands use a number called MRM (maximum residualized MSRP), which is the highest price that can be subject to the residual calculation.

Lastly, they are correct in that there is likely an adjustment to the residual for loaner vehicles. We don't know how LR manages that, however.

My advice? Shop a different dealer - or, better yet, a different brand. All too common of tactics from LR.
    That was very helpful! Thanks! You should sticky that post.
    Any truth to them telling me the $2150 incentive does not apply to loaners? Or are they pocketing that as well?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810
    zagguru said:

Michaell said:

zagguru said:

Michaell said:

zagguru said:

Michaell said:

zagguru said:

Can I get nunbers for RANGE ROVER VELAR HQ560 340 S. Residual, MF, incentives, 36 or 39 months, 7500 and 10k? 11021
    Thanks!

.00001 and 56%
    .00007 and 54%
    $2150 incentives
    How much do they add to the residual for a loaner car with miles? Would the MF or anything else above change if its a loaner?
    MF should stay the same.

Residual will be adjusted with existing miles, but we don't know how.
    When I gave them your numbers, this was there reply.

"Unfortunately the lease residuals and rebates you are mentioning are on new vehicles not loaners. As well, the money factor that you are using is buy rate. We do mark up the rate by legal standards for profit. chase does not use MSRP for lease calculations rather, they use MRM, which is an “msrp” they calculate. Most times lower.
    Lastly, the residuals are different than new cars and you also have to factor in mileage depreciation for each vehicle.

You have to look up the service loaner programs in order to get closer to your numbers."

Any truth to that?
    They believe it to be the truth.

The buy rate is the one you need to insist on. Almost every LR dealer marks it up, and gives some nonsense excuse similar to what you got. Bottom line - any number higher than the base rate is pure profit for the dealer and the bank.

MSRP is what is used to calculate the residual value - bottom line number of the factory window sticker. However, many luxury brands use a number called MRM (maximum residualized MSRP), which is the highest price that can be subject to the residual calculation.

Lastly, they are correct in that there is likely an adjustment to the residual for loaner vehicles. We don't know how LR manages that, however.

My advice? Shop a different dealer - or, better yet, a different brand. All too common of tactics from LR.
    That was very helpful! Thanks! You should sticky that post.
    Any truth to them telling me the $2150 incentive does not apply to loaners? Or are they pocketing that as well?
    We don't have any info on the LR loaner program.

The incentives are all LR to dealer, so you wouldn't see them, anyway. If the selling price on a loaner isn't less than a new one, then why bother?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Spitzer303Spitzer303 Member Posts: 3
    Can you please provide MF and RV for 2020 velar p340 s. zip is 80134 and for 36/10. Thanks!

Can you please provide MF and RV for 2020 velar p340 s. zip is 80134 and for 36/10. Thanks!

.00001 MF and 56% residual
    $2150 dealer lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• SpazAttaxSpazAttax Member Posts: 6
    May I please have MF, RV, and any incentives for a 2021 Velar P340 R-Dynamic for 36/10 in 60126 area.
    SpazAttax said:

May I please have MF, RV, and any incentives for a 2021 Velar P340 R-Dynamic for 36/10 in 60126 area.

.00070 MF and 60% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• SpazAttaxSpazAttax Member Posts: 6
    So the dealer lease cash is only on 2020s and not 2021s? Thanks, regardless.
    SpazAttax said:

So the dealer lease cash is only on 2020s and not 2021s? Thanks, regardless.

Correct

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Sal93Sal93 Member Posts: 30
    Looking for RV, MF, and Incentives for 2020 velar SVAutobiography Dynamic Edition. 36/12 zip 94804. Thanks.
    Sal93 said:

Looking for RV, MF, and Incentives for 2020 velar SVAutobiography Dynamic Edition. 36/12 zip 94804. Thanks.

.00122 MF and 47% residual
    No lease incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited April 2021
    Can I have numbers for 7500 miles and 10k for 2020 P250 R-Dynamic S. 39 and 42 months. 11021
    Thanks! (Loaner Vehicle)
    edited April 2021
    zagguru said:

Can I have numbers for 7500 miles and 10k for 2020 P250 R-Dynamic S. 39 and 42 months. 11021
    Thanks! (Loaner Vehicle)

39/10: .00007 MF and 53% residual
    42/10: .00088 MF and 52% residual

$1950 dealer lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Can I have a deal check before i sign?
    2020 P250 R-Dynamic S
    $65000 MSRP
    $48,519 selling price
    42 months
    .00173 MF
    29,675 residual
    48% (not counting the 5000 miles on the car)
    $675 a month, First month and DMV out (around $800). $495 disposition

They are also buying out my 2017 Evoque at lease payoff, this way i wont be responsible in the nearly $1500 in deferred payments from COVID when the lease ends (not sure if this factors into the lease price since Carvana came around $2k more than my residual and deferred payments), so ill prob end up selling my evoque to carvana for the positive equity). All other dealers were telling me my car has negative equity and they wouldnt pay off the lease.

I realyl though want to know thoughts on the Velar lease
    zagguru said:

2020 P250 R-Dynamic S
    $65000 MSRP
    $48,519 selling price
    42 months
    .00173 MF
    29,675 residual

They are also buying out my 2017 Evoque at lease payoff, this way i wont be responsible in the nearly $1500 in deferred payments from COVID when the lease ends (not sure if this factors into the lease price since Carvana came around $2k more than my residual and deferred payments), so ill prob end up selling my evoque to carvana for the positive equity). All other dealers were telling me my car has negative equity and they wouldnt pay off the lease.

What mileage allowance on the lease?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

zagguru said:

2020 P250 R-Dynamic S
    $65000 MSRP
    $48,519 selling price
    42 months
    .00173 MF
    29,675 residual

zagguru said:

kyfdx said:

zagguru said:

2020 P250 R-Dynamic S
    $65000 MSRP
    $48,519 selling price
    42 months
    .00173 MF
    29,675 residual

Base MF is .00088

But, the discount is huge, even for a loaner

The payment seems reasonable, relative to MSRP

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited April 2021
    kyfdx said:

zagguru said:

kyfdx said:

zagguru said:

2020 P250 R-Dynamic S
    $65000 MSRP
    $48,519 selling price
    42 months
    .00173 MF
    29,675 residual

Base MF is .00088

Is that MF for new and used/loaner?

How about residual? This is what they told me when I quoted your residual
    "The program you sent last night is for the new car program vs the JLR loaner program so rates and residuals are different and there are no incentives that apply to the car."

Is there anyway to confirm the residual for a used car that is being leased? 48% just seems way too low.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012
    zagguru said:

kyfdx said:

zagguru said:

kyfdx said:

zagguru said:

2020 P250 R-Dynamic S
    $65000 MSRP
    $48,519 selling price
    42 months
    .00173 MF
    29,675 residual

Base MF is .00088

"The program you sent last night is for the new car program vs the JLR loaner program so rates and residuals are different and there are no incentives that apply to the car."

Is there anyway to confirm the residual for a used car that is being leased? 48% just seems way too low.
    There will very likely be an adjustment to the residual to account for the current mileage. However, we don't know how LR manages that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Michaell said:

zagguru said:

kyfdx said:

zagguru said:

kyfdx said:

zagguru said:

2020 P250 R-Dynamic S
    $65000 MSRP
    $48,519 selling price
    42 months
    .00173 MF
    29,675 residual

Base MF is .00088

There will very likely be an adjustment to the residual to account for the current mileage. However, we don't know how LR manages that.
    The adjustment is .30 per mile, but the residual amount starts less (48% vs 52%). My biggest concern is the MF. Is there anything I can show them that will have the MF listed?
    Is there anything you guys would tweak with that deal? Is it a sign or pass?
    zagguru said:

With that MF markup, it's a pass.

Frankly, you're probably better off shopping a different brand.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Michaell said:

zagguru said:

Thanks. Even if with the significant discount from MSRP to make up for it?
    zagguru said:

Michaell said:

zagguru said:

I'd never sign a lease with a marked up MF.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

zagguru said:

Michaell said:

zagguru said:

Can I ask why? I want to learn. If the payments are where you want them to be, does it really matter how they got there? Just curious.

Also, how would you approach a deal with marked up MF (other than shopping elsewhere). Can you just tell them I know that the MF is lower? Do you provide any sort of documentation?
    zagguru said:

Michaell said:

zagguru said:

Michaell said:

zagguru said:

Can I ask why? I want to learn. If the payments are where you want them to be, does it really matter how they got there? Just curious.

Also, how would you approach a deal with marked up MF (other than shopping elsewhere). Can you just tell them I know that the MF is lower? Do you provide any sort of documentation?
    I've given you all the advice I have to offer -- you seem to want someone to justify the money you'll spend on this lease.

If you're happy with the payment - regardless of how they got there - that's really all that matters.

I'd tell them that I want the base MF, or I'll take my business elsewhere. They already know what the rate is.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

zagguru said:

Michaell said:

zagguru said:

Michaell said:

zagguru said:

I've given you all the advice I have to offer -- you seem to want someone to justify the money you'll spend on this lease.

If you're happy with the payment - regardless of how they got there - that's really all that matters.

I'd tell them that I want the base MF, or I'll take my business elsewhere. They already know what the rate is.
    Edit - lots of folks sign and report leases on these threads that I would have a hard time with. Again, not my money, not my decision.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

zagguru said:

Michaell said:

zagguru said:

Michaell said:

zagguru said:

Edit - lots of folks sign and report leases on these threads that I would have a hard time with. Again, not my money, not my decision.
    I appreciate all the help but you made a point about the high MF. I genuinely want to know what difference it makes if the payments remain the same. I.e you want to pay $550 for a given car, one dealer discounts the car but raises MF, another keeps base MF, but less discount. Is one deal better than the other?
    kyfdx said:

zagguru said:

Thanks! (Loaner Vehicle)

$1950 dealer lease cash
    Can I get 24 and 36 numbers as well please?
    zagguru said:

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

zagguru said:

Michaell said:

zagguru said:

Michaell said:

zagguru said:

I appreciate all the help but you made a point about the high MF. I genuinely want to know what difference it makes if the payments remain the same. I.e you want to pay $550 for a given car, one dealer discounts the car but raises MF, another keeps base MF, but less discount. Is one deal better than the other?
    You want both the big discount and the base MF. Why come on the boards and ask for the right numbers, then discard their value when the deal is presented to you?

If I paid $550/mo knowing I could have paid $520/mo, I'm not going to be very happy.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

zagguru said:

kyfdx said:

zagguru said:

Thanks! (Loaner Vehicle)

$1950 dealer lease cash
    .00166 and 65%
    .00060 and 60%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited April 2021
    Michaell said:

zagguru said:

kyfdx said:

zagguru said:

Thanks! (Loaner Vehicle)

$1950 dealer lease cash
    .00166 and 65%
    .00060 and 60%
    This is for 2020? Seems like a big jump in residual from 39 to 36
    zagguru said:

Michaell said:

zagguru said:

kyfdx said:

zagguru said:

Thanks! (Loaner Vehicle)

$1950 dealer lease cash
    .00166 and 65%
    .00060 and 60%
    .00098 MF and 60% residual
    .00001 MF and 55% residual

In the end, it's the monthly payment that matters. As the dealer has noted, the giant discount possibly makes up for the high money factor and low residual.
    If they were leasing you the car for $100/mo, you wouldn't care how much they marked up the money factor.

Could the numbers be different for loaners? Absolutely, but we don't have that info. There could also be a mileage cutoff, where they are no longer eligible for the new car rate.
    (but, it would be unusual for a LR dealer to quote the base rate)

In any case, you can't prove it to them. They know their rates, and if they've marked it up. I doubt they'll magically hand you back $2000 because "Oh, you win, that's the base rate".

Dealers can't play with residuals. If that's what they say it is, then that's probably it.

Decide if you like the payment, or ask for a lower one.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

zagguru said:

Michaell said:

zagguru said:

kyfdx said:

zagguru said:

Thanks! (Loaner Vehicle)

$1950 dealer lease cash
    .00166 and 65%
    .00060 and 60%
    .00098 MF and 60% residual
    .00001 MF and 55% residual

In the end, it's the monthly payment that matters. As the dealer has noted, the giant discount possibly makes up for the high money factor and low residual.
    If they were leasing you the car for $100/mo, you wouldn't care how much they marked up the money factor.

Could the numbers be different for loaners? Absolutely, but we don't have that info. There could also be a mileage cutoff, where they are no longer eligible for the new car rate.
    (but, it would be unusual for a LR dealer to quote the base rate)

In any case, you can't prove it to them. They know their rates, and if they've marked it up. I doubt they'll magically hand you back $2000 because "Oh, you win, that's the base rate".

Dealers can't play with residuals. If that's what they say it is, then that's probably it.

Decide if you like the payment, or ask for a lower one.
    I confirmed with another dealer that the MF for a used car lease is .00173. Now if they are both lying, that’s possible, but like you said, I have no way of proving them wrong.
  • Iman101Iman101 Member Posts: 18

Looking to lease a loaner 250 R Dynamic. 90034 zip code. The DLR is quoting MF at .0022. Can I please get the residual and MF?

Iman101 said:

Looking to lease a loaner 250 R Dynamic. 90034 zip code. The DLR is quoting MF at .0022. Can I please get the residual and MF?

Looks like the standard MF is being used - we don't know what that rate is, or if .00220 is it or if the dealer is marking it up.

What lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Iman101 said:

36/15
    .00178 MF and 45% residual

That is for a new unit. No idea if it's valid for a loaner.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• BeetsbyDwightBeetsbyDwight Member Posts: 44

Hello! Interested in the RV/MF/incentives for a 2020 velar p 250 s in FL. Open to terms. Thank you!

Hello! Interested in the RV/MF/incentives for a 2020 velar p 250 s in FL. Open to terms. Thank you!

There are no 2020 LR lease programs.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator