Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,315
    I'm not providing any investment advice, just was providing a source of information on where to find expense and returns.
    For one of my IRA's, my advisor gets .25% which is included in the published expense ratio.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    dino001 said:

Usually because they land on the cover of Morningstar and other publications and people rush in buying their shares. As a result, they have too much money to put into work and the fund starts resembling the index.

I've got a Vanguard Health Sector fund that's done pretty well over the past 20 years or so, but it's been closed to new investors for quite some time. In addition, when I first bought into it the minimum investment was 4 or 5X what most of the funds required.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,328
    driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

C J Box wrote a book, one in the Joe Pickett series, that involved that 'Zone of Death' area.

X2. Love CJ Box's books.
    I am reading a novel about a family with 1 son and 3 daughters.......it takes place in the late 60s and 70s. One of the daughters has a bedroom in the attic and the ceiling fan broke down so it is very hot so they buy her an air conditioner. That is the only time I have even thought of a ceiling fan in years....and what am I getting....pop up ads for ceiling fans........now google can read my mind!
    We don’t need to read your mind, driver100 - whatever you are thinking winds up in a post here on Edmunds. 🤪😜🤓
    My mind is an open book :p
    I’d say your mind is like opening up a mine. :(

jmonroe
    Like a gold mine....lots of valuable stuff.......thanx :p
    You do realize that the vast percentage of what comes out of a gold mine is worthless rocks.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

kyfdx said:

I'd be concerned about the direct fees and commissions your advisor is receiving. Some mutual funds pay advisors commissions, which is why the fund's fees are so high.

Especially, if your advisor is trading stocks for your account. My stock trading is commission free at Schwab. And, the mutual fund fees are dirt cheap for my 401K at Vanguard.

But, then again, I don't pay an advisor.

I remember some years back (when they still had a financial page in the newspaper) reporters put some money into a firm which used an advisor to pick stocks. Then they hung the financial page stock listings on the wall and threw darts at it. Whatever stock the dart hit, they bought.

After some months they compared results and found that the darts had a better return than the advisor.
    Yeah but you never hear of the ones who threw darts at the paper and lost their shirts.

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,355

stickguy said:

another sign of the new times. I recently got called for jury duty (petit jury, for the county, 1 day or 1 trial). Didn't think it was long enough since my last time, but they do.

anyway, in the old days, they sent you an invite and told you what morning to show up at the courthouse in Camden, and you spent the day in a huge room lined with uncomfortable chairs and way too many people. Unless you got unlucky and got sent to a courtroom. At some point, they ran out of juries to seat and sent you home. A particularly inefficient use of people's time.

now, they assign you your day, and tell you to be online at a certain hour (haven't gotten those instructions yet). They also sent via Email a link to a questionnaire about the tech you have (wifi, data plan, laptop, zoom experience, etc.) So I guess an easy out is to say you have no way to get onto the internet!

so the process seems to be you hang out at home connected to the internet (so far, sounds like every other day...) and if they need you you have to zoom in for jury picking. And if you are really unlucky and get put on a jury, might have to go in to the courthouse at some point, or do some of it from home.

Going to be weird. Hopefully I will avoid getting picked.

So what happens if you don’t have a computer or what you have doesn’t support zoom? Maybe you get to be the defendant instead of a juror.
    That is why the judge and I decided to hold off on the grand jury until they could meet in person. We were concerned about defense challenges to the jury composition as well as with preserving the confidentiality of the testimony and deliberations.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

C J Box wrote a book, one in the Joe Pickett series, that involved that 'Zone of Death' area.

X2. Love CJ Box's books.
    I am reading a novel about a family with 1 son and 3 daughters.......it takes place in the late 60s and 70s. One of the daughters has a bedroom in the attic and the ceiling fan broke down so it is very hot so they buy her an air conditioner. That is the only time I have even thought of a ceiling fan in years....and what am I getting....pop up ads for ceiling fans........now google can read my mind!
    We don’t need to read your mind, driver100 - whatever you are thinking winds up in a post here on Edmunds. 🤪😜🤓

jmonroe
    I was thinking coloring book.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,875

venture said:

venture said:

I asked one of my financial advisors how much I paid last year in fees and commissions. He said he didn't know and couldn't find out even after calling the funds I am in. (This is almost all mutual funds.)

That doesn't seem right, does it?

Don’t all mutual funds publish what their fees are in the prospectus? But you’re right, they should notify you what that exact figure is for you. My Vanguard funds don’t tell me either but I know they automatically take them out.

Vanguard fees are usually pretty small but some fund families can be over 1% annually.
    Most of these are American Funds and, yes, they take them out automatically. The little bell in my head started ringing when he said nobody ever asked before.

He did give me the percentages and they range from 0.57 up to 0.92%. Getting a dollar amount seems impossible. I may move them.
    Can’t you just multiply your balance by the percentage?

My Vanguard funds range from .015% for index funds up to maybe .46% for actively managed ones.

You probably won’t get better information from anyone else either. Must be like hidden dealer fees with cars.
    Yes. I can multiply the balance by the percentage. So can they I would think. They seem to be able to use their giant computer to digest everything else.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

kyfdx said:

I'd be concerned about the direct fees and commissions your advisor is receiving. Some mutual funds pay advisors commissions, which is why the fund's fees are so high.

Especially, if your advisor is trading stocks for your account. My stock trading is commission free at Schwab. And, the mutual fund fees are dirt cheap for my 401K at Vanguard.

I'm going to look into not using an advisor. I have to look into how I move it from where it is to someplace that just holds it and doesn't screw with it...if there is such a place.

I suspect I should have been paying more attention.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,084
    venture said:

kyfdx said:

I'm going to look into not using an advisor. I have to look into how I move it from where it is to someplace that just holds it and doesn't screw with it...if there is such a place.

If you want to use Vanguard, they'll take care of the transfer. You don't even have to contact your current advisor. (most can do this)

Same for Schwab

If you have enough assets, they'll set you up with some basic guidance and advice for free. If you have a lot of assets, they'll do financial planning and run your account for a very small amount, compared to most "private wealth" advisors.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Low expenses are very good, but the returns need to be weighed against that, too.

The particular place I'm talking about netted a little over a 6% return for 2020. Two others I have was 17% and 24%.

kyfdx said:

venture said:

kyfdx said:

If you want to use Vanguard, they'll take care of the transfer. You don't even have to contact your current advisor. (most can do this)

Same for Schwab

If you have enough assets, they'll set you up with some basic guidance and advice for free. If you have a lot of assets, they'll do financial planning and run your account for a very small amount, compared to most "private wealth" advisors.
    Thanks for that. I will look into it.

@venture,
    If you only gained 6% with your American Funds for 2020, they must have been, at the very least, really conservative choices. Or some part of it had a very bad year.
    I have an advisor, but I manage my own funds.
  • dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,165
    edited April 2021
    My first thought was something went really wrong, too, but then I thought if you're a bit older than me, your allocation may be much more conservative. Then I realized you may be in a "blend" with very large bond allocation - that would dampen the returns considerably. BTW, bond funds today are quite toxic assets - low returns, low, but rising rates, high fees will eat any decent return. Moreover, NAV is tied to bond trading values, which means these managers constantly trade them to stay ahead of the rate changes (they'd own rather short maturity paper in raising rate environment), but adds cost and it creates fluctuations in the share price to the point they are no longer "safe", even if they own just Treasuries. As I'm getting closer to the "golden age", I'm already thinking how to avoid these things, but I'd have to figure out how to buy bonds directly, which I still have not done.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,559

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

X2. Love CJ Box's books.

jmonroe
    You do realize that the vast percentage of what comes out of a gold mine is worthless rocks.
    Don’t spoil it for him...he’s in his own happy world. :)

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

X2. Love CJ Box's books.

jmonroe
    But every once in awhile you find a gem....and those just keep popping up....I have no idea how I do it.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

The AF Balance Funds returned just under 11% for 2020. That under performed in the category.
    venture said:

kyfdx said:

I’m pretty sure those places are called banks. I have more than I should in the local bank but doing flip work I have to. The money from flipping, so far, tops any investment I can think of.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
    driver100 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

X2. Love CJ Box's books.

jmonroe
    But every once in awhile you find a gem....and those just keep popping up....I have no idea how I do it.
    I do believe the average gold mine produces a gram of gold per ton of rock. That's close to a million to one ratio.

If 11% underperformed that means the category is not so "balanced", considering where treasury bonds are today.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,151
    edited April 2021

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

X2. Love CJ Box's books.

jmonroe
    I do believe the average gold mine produces a gram of gold per ton of rock. That's close to a million to one ratio.
    I'm a little confused through all this conversation over 2 days, but are we saying that @driver100 is 1 out out of a million? That's great!

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

X2. Love CJ Box's books.

jmonroe
    I'm a little confused through all this conversation over 2 days, but are we saying that @driver100 is 1 out out of a million? That's great!
    Maybe I'm saying you have to go through a million of his posts to find one gem. But he is Canadian so the conversion rate may bring it down to a dozen posts or so.

Now here is a thought, the worlds population is 7.8 billion, so if you're a one in a million person there are still 7,800 others just like you.

edited April 2021
    The other 7,799 don't have internet access for good reason. :D
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,539
    kyfdx said:

venture said:

kyfdx said:

Same for Schwab

At some point I need to cash out our various 401(k)s and roll it all over to Vanguard where our "normal" money and some IRAs are. At that point, would probably take advantage of what they offer for planning. Probably don't need much, more of a double check?

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,662
    dino001 said:

My first thought was something went really wrong, too, but then I thought if you're a bit older than me, your allocation may be much more conservative. Then I realized you may be in a "blend" with very large bond allocation - that would dampen the returns considerably. BTW, bond funds today are quite toxic assets - low returns, low, but rising rates, high fees will eat any decent return. Moreover, NAV is tied to bond trading values, which means these managers constantly trade them to stay ahead of the rate changes (they'd own rather short maturity paper in raising rate environment), but adds cost and it creates fluctuations in the share price to the point they are no longer "safe", even if they own just Treasuries. As I'm getting closer to the "golden age", I'm already thinking how to avoid these things, but I'd have to figure out how to buy bonds directly, which I still have not done.

Just yesterday we were discussing asset allocation amongst ourselves. One guy asked me my opinion of how much should be in bonds once you reach your late sixties. I responded that the traditional rule of thumb was your age as a percentage in bonds but that current conditions would make that risky....at least for bond mutual funds which would lose value as interest rates rise.

The only way to avoid loss of value would, as you say, to buy individual bonds directly. I think that might be where professional help would be in order. Back in the 70s I would buy Treasury bills through my bank. I don’t know anything about how to select individual bonds either corporate or government.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

X2. Love CJ Box's books.

jmonroe
    That's me.....one in a million ;)

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

X2. Love CJ Box's books.

jmonroe
    That was my conclusion too.....what is that about great minds.....thinking alike?

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

X2. Love CJ Box's books.

jmonroe
    Maybe I'm saying you have to go through a million of his posts to find one gem. But he is Canadian so the conversion rate may bring it down to a dozen posts or so.

Now here is a thought, the worlds population is 7.8 billion, so if you're a one in a million person there are still 7,800 others just like you.
    I am happy to be in the top ....is that 1% or .01%.....math isn't my strong point?

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

X2. Love CJ Box's books.

jmonroe

I am happy to be in the top ....is that 1% or .01%.....math isn't my strong point?
    Well going by your name, Driver100, I would say your in the top 100%

• ronsteveronsteve Member Posts: 1,195
    driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

X2. Love CJ Box's books.

jmonroe

Need some more zeros there! Actually down to .00001%, i.e. the top 1% of the top 1% of the top 1%!
    2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2021 VW TIguan SE 4Motion
    jmonroe1 said:

venture said:

kyfdx said:

I’m pretty sure those places are called banks. I have more than I should in the local bank but doing flip work I have to. The money from flipping, so far, tops any investment I can think of.

jmonroe
    It's a shame when you run out of places to keep all your money.

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

X2. Love CJ Box's books.

jmonroe

WOW! I am in the top 100%! I never get 100%....that is great! :s

@ronsteve Need some more zeros there! Actually down to .00001%, i.e. the top 1% of the top 1% of the top 1%!
    Much appreciated.......I'll have to explain to Mrs D how very special I am.

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

X2. Love CJ Box's books.

jmonroe

WOW! I am in the top 100%! I never get 100%....that is great! :s

@ronsteve Need some more zeros there! Actually down to .00001%, i.e. the top 1% of the top 1% of the top 1%!
    Much appreciated.......I'll have to explain to Mrs D how very special I am.
    If you have to explain to Mrs. D how special you are, just have her read our posts for a couple of days - she’ll figure it out without any help from you. Where would we be without your “special” research skills and pictorial postings? You are truly an essential ingredient here on this forum. 🤪😜🤓

2021 Genesis G90

dino001 said:

Just yesterday we were discussing asset allocation amongst ourselves. One guy asked me my opinion of how much should be in bonds once you reach your late sixties. I responded that the traditional rule of thumb was your age as a percentage in bonds but that current conditions would make that risky....at least for bond mutual funds which would lose value as interest rates rise.

The only way to avoid loss of value would, as you say, to buy individual bonds directly. I think that might be where professional help would be in order. Back in the 70s I would buy Treasury bills through my bank. I don’t know anything about how to select individual bonds either corporate or government.
    You can set up a bond ladder, so you have 20% maturing each year, and so you are always getting long-term bond returns, but also able to respond to the market. Probably need $500K to make that economical. (and, someone to advise you..)

I think the new guideline is (age minus 10 years) for percentage in bonds.

But, my asset allocation is pretty aggressive. When I worried about my money lasting as long as I do, I figured I would be paring back on stocks, as I aged. I'm pretty certain that won't be a problem, so now my goal is total return. With that in mind, it's hard to make a case for bonds over stocks, when you look out 20-30 years.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I live a couple of miles from a Toyota dealer, but have never seen the new Supra in the flesh.

I live a couple of miles from a Toyota dealer, but have never seen the new Supra in the flesh.

The one I saw when servicing the Tacoma seemed to be nailed to the showroom floor. Plus, it was locked up.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@abacomike Very nice of you to say that Mike....appreciated. Some may disagree, but what do they know? ;)

kyfdx said:

dino001 said:

You can set up a bond ladder, so you have 20% maturing each year, and so you are always getting long-term bond returns, but also able to respond to the market. Probably need $500K to make that economical. (and, someone to advise you..)

I think the new guideline is (age minus 10 years) for percentage in bonds.

But, my asset allocation is pretty aggressive. When I worried about my money lasting as long as I do, I figured I would be paring back on stocks, as I aged. I'm pretty certain that won't be a problem, so now my goal is total return. With that in mind, it's hard to make a case for bonds over stocks, when you look out 20-30 years.
    We have financial people doing ours.....they are conservative but have been good. The rule was whatever your age....that much should be in secure funds....in my case 70%.

We haven't done that for years because bonds pay so little.....so we are the opposite, 30% - 35% secure, and that has worked out well. Unless bonds change......stick with stocks.

But we do have dividend paying stocks, so that if the market tanks we still have enough income to live on....I don't want to be eating dog food in my retirement years.

I took a big risk today but I think it will be OK. My E40 is 4 years old and no more warranty or prepaid maintenance. It only has 28000 miles on it, and I only went 6000 miles this year....with covid lockdowns.
    The E had a complete prepaid A Service last year. The monitor said I was due for a B Service which I think costs about $500. Here is what is on a B service;
    Everything on the A Service:
    Function Check:
    Check Tele-Aid by pressing SOS button to make test call to response center.
    Horn, headlamp flasher, hazard flasher, turn signals
    Warning/indicator lamps, illumination and interior lighting
    Exterior lighting incl. headlamps
    Windshield wiper, windshield washer system
    Headlamp cleaning system
    Check Sensotronic Brake Control (SBC) hydraulic unit
    Reset FSS counter in instrument cluster

Wheels, Brakes:
    Check brake pads for lining thickness front (remove right front wheel)
    Check tires for damage and condition
    Correct tire inflation

Engine Compartment:
    Engine oil and filter change
    Check and correct fluid level:
    Windshield washer system
    Starter battery, wet cell (located at R/H strut) Check battery acid level, replenish
    Additionally, check battery using "Midtronics MCR 717" tester. Attach Midtronics MCR 717 Test Report print out here.
    Clean water drain in air/water duct
    Lubricate catch, safety catch and hinges on engine hood for proper operation. Replace components with even the slightest malfunction.

Front, rear of vehicle:
    Check wiper blade condition

Vehicle passenger compartment
    Check seat belts for damage and proper function
    Replace combination filters (2)

Wheels, brakes
    Remove and reinstall wheels, rotate if necessary, does not apply for vehicles with different tire sizes front/rear
    Check brake pads for lining thickness front/rear
    Check condition of brake discs front and rear
    Measure tread depth, enter in mm

Vehicle underbody:
    Visual check for leakage - major components
    Check condition of front axle ball joints and rubber boots
    Check condition of steering's mechanical components and rubber boots

Engine compartment:
    Visually check for leakage - major components
    Check and correct fluid level:
    Active Body Control (ABC)
    Power steering
    Check condition of poly-V-belt

Additional work:

Every 50,000 mi/80,000 km or 4 years:
    Check condition of drive shaft flex discs

Every 60,000 mi/96,000 km or 4 years:
    Replace air cleaner filter element

Every 60,000 mi/96,000 km or 5 years:
    Replace fuel filter

Every 150,000 mi/250,000 km or 15 years:
    Replace coolant

Every 2 years:
    Replace brake fluid
    Check body for paint damage
    Check chassis and supporting body parts for damage and corrosion

Every 100,000 mi/160,000 km or 5 years:
    Replace spark plugs

Since I only did half a years worth of driving and the car only has 28k miles, I did an oil change, check tires and check fluid levels. Cost $250.

I wonder how many people go by the actual service plans and how necessary is it? I don't even think the prepaid plan is worth it if you aren't doing at least average driving a year. Though, with the prepaid plan you should have no problems no matter what goes wrong - then they guaranty everything completely and that is worth something.

edited April 2021
    Wow, the world is upside down, such a risk, I'm sure the Benz will fall apart tomorrow, LOL. Use common sense. Typically advanced fluids don't get "old" from sitting there, but somehow they are being recommended for change once in a while. It's also interesting to me that they want to change brake fluid regardless of mileage, perhaps it's a function of possible contamination, I don't know. I have similar recommendation on my car. Service B still has a lot of "checking", but not much "changing" anyway, so if your car mostly sat there in garage, how much damage or wear it experienced? If it sat outside in a Florida heat or Canadian cold, perhaps a bit more. A few rubber parts may get old regardless of usage, if anything staying unused may actually be detrimental to some degree. It could be beneficial to inspect some of those, like brake lining, or hoses in the engine compartment. But the car is too new for that kind of decay to occur, not just yet I think.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    kyfdx said:

The one I saw when servicing the Tacoma seemed to be nailed to the showroom floor. Plus, it was locked up.
    They had probably 8-10 of them at Performance Toyota when I was there yesterday. They had 3 or so out front of the dealership, and another 5-6 in the back lot
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,164
    I had (prepaid) Service B on my car a few weeks ago - only about 6K miles since service A a year ago. Funny thing, their paperwork recommends another oil change in 6 months or 5K miles - a bit excessive for synthetic. I wonder how many go for that these days. Nah, it'll be fine for another year no matter the mileage, which may not be a ton as I anticipate being WFH for a while yet.

The old car gets a LOF and general inspection every year.
    driver100 said:

I took a big risk today but I think it will be OK. My E40 is 4 years old and no more warranty or prepaid maintenance. It only has 28000 miles on it, and I only went 6000 miles this year....with covid lockdowns.

I wonder how many people go by the actual service plans and how necessary is it? I don't even think the prepaid plan is worth it if you aren't doing at least average driving a year. Though, with the prepaid plan you should have no problems no matter what goes wrong - then they guaranty everything completely and that is worth something.

@fintail and @dino001 Thanks for the comments....kind of confirms what I am thinking.
    I do keep notes of what was done and what to do next time, for example the 2014 C250 had brake fluid changed in 2020.....supposed to be done in 2 years and that might get done because sitting around in the heat might have an affect. But, a lot of those things they do are make work projects....I mean check all the lights...how often does a light go and don't you usually find out about it pretty quickly? Or, you can do it yourself for less than their hourly labor charge.

If a light goes out, a message pops up on the dash.

$250 for an oil change and a vehicle check is about twice what I pay for my BMWs and Mini. The tech working on the car sends a short video showing the condition of the tires, brakes and drivetrain, and undercarriage- a nice touch.
    As for other fluids, I change the DOT 4 every two years on my street cars and every six months if they see the track. Coolant is changed every two years using BMW/Mini coolant.
    Transmissions(automatic or manual) get a 60,000 mile change interval. Ditto for final drives and transfer cases.

kyfdx said:

They had probably 8-10 of them at Performance Toyota when I was there yesterday. They had 3 or so out front of the dealership, and another 5-6 in the back lot
    I’ve only seen one Supra in the wild; I doubt that there are more than 12 new ones for sale between all of the Louisville area dealers.

$250 for an oil change and a vehicle check is about twice what I pay for my BMWs and Mini. The tech working on the car sends a short video showing the condition of the tires, brakes and drivetrain, and undercarriage- a nice touch.
    As for other fluids, I change the DOT 4 every two years on my street cars and every six months if they see the track. Coolant is changed every two years using BMW/Mini coolant.
    Transmissions(automatic or manual) get a 60,000 mile change interval. Ditto for final drives and transfer cases.

But your oil doesn't have nanoscopic three-arm stars that you can see under electron microscope. That's worth at least extra 50 bucks. Then there are special chairs in the lounge and lady serving you coffee and snacks. What do you think, she's doing it for free? :wink:

2018 430i Gran Coupe

venture said:

jmonroe1 said:

venture said:

kyfdx said:

jmonroe
    It's a shame when you run out of places to keep all your money.
    It’s not so funny when you have to live it. If I had to do it again I’d do the same thing. Not too many people would say that.

jmonroe
    $250 is 5 times what Acura charges, including the whole multipoint inspection sheet.

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,151
    edited April 2021

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

stickguy said:

$250 is 5 times what Acura charges, including the whole multipoint inspection sheet.

Your forgetting he’s one in a million. ;)

jmonroe