Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2020 Acura MDX AWD purchase pricing

flgatorrgirlflgatorrgirl Member Posts: 4
edited September 2020 in Acura
Does anyone have any input on the financing specials for the MDX or current purchase prices? It seems like AFS is offering 0.9% financing, yet dealers are quoting $5k off the purchase price if you go with the higher standard rate and then pay off or refinance after a few months. I don't see mention of this dealer cash special on edmunds though. I saw a small reference on another website to dealer cash of $5,500 though. Does anyone know if you have to keep the loan for any particular minimum time due to prepayment penalties? I see there is also a $1500 loyalty incentive too.
It seems like the 2021 models are delayed. Has anyone heard when the new models will be available?
Thank you.
Tagged:

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681

Does anyone have any input on the financing specials for the MDX or current purchase prices? It seems like AFS is offering 0.9% financing, yet dealers are quoting $5k off the purchase price if you go with the higher standard rate and then pay off or refinance after a few months. I don't see mention of this dealer cash special on edmunds though. I saw a small reference on another website to dealer cash of $5,500 though. Does anyone know if you have to keep the loan for any particular minimum time due to prepayment penalties? I see there is also a $1500 loyalty incentive too.
    It seems like the 2021 models are delayed. Has anyone heard when the new models will be available?
    Thank you.

Edmunds pricing research is here:
    https://www.edmunds.com/new-cars/

0.90% APR up to 72 months, with no incentives
    Standard rate AFS financing with $5500 of Acura to dealer incentives
    3rd party bank finance/cash with $1500 of Acura to dealer incentives

Also, $1500 loyalty

I don't know the minimum time to keep the loan, before refinancing results in chargebacks to the dealer, but it's usually 90 days, at most. Where I live, you wouldn't get the title with the lien recorded for 60 days, at least, so it would be hard to refinance before then.

No info on 2021

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I just bought a 2020 MDX SH-AWD for $34,967; financed for 60 months at 2.84%. Although the 0.9% was available, I couldn’t get the rebates with it. I probably could have worked them for a few hundred additional discount, but they had to bring the car in from 100 miles away to get the colors I wanted. I traded an ‘18 Pilot that had minor damage for $700 over CarMax offer and $300 over Edmunds “clean” trade value.

vinnyny said:

I just bought a 2020 MDX SH-AWD for $34,967; financed for 60 months at 2.84%. Although the 0.9% was available, I couldn’t get the rebates with it. I probably could have worked them for a few hundred additional discount, but they had to bring the car in from 100 miles away to get the colors I wanted. I traded an ‘18 Pilot that had minor damage for $700 over CarMax offer and $300 over Edmunds “clean” trade value.

Congrats! Thanks for the report.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• flgatorrgirlflgatorrgirl Member Posts: 4
    vinnyny said:

That's great! Was it the base model or did it have any additional packages on it? I am curious how much of a rebate they ended up giving you with the 2.84% financing, as most of the quotes I received had a $5k rebate but the lowest rate was 4.9 or 5.9 depending on the dealer. We still have some time on our lease, so I haven't been in a rush.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    "That's great! Was it the base model or did it have any additional packages on it? I am curious how much of a rebate they ended up giving you with the 2.84% financing, as most of the quotes I received had a $5k rebate but the lowest rate was 4.9 or 5.9 depending on the dealer. We still have some time on our lease, so I haven't been in a rush."

I bought a base model with no additions. Before I contacted my local dealer, I got quotes from five dealers within 150 miles. They beat the lowest price by $300 and brought the car from one of the out-of-town dealers. I'm actually thinking about buying another MDX for my wife because I love the car and the prices are so good right now...
  • EastCoast11747EastCoast11747 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2020
    I'm looking for a 2020 Acura MDX with A-Spec Package.... MSRP $55,000. Any changes on incentives for October, we still looking at $5,000 rebate?

Thanks!
    Ken
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,955

I'm looking for a 2020 Acura MDX with A-Spec Package.... MSRP $55,000. Any changes on incentives for October, we still looking at $5,000 rebate?

Thanks!
    Ken

What is your location?
    What lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• EastCoast11747EastCoast11747 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2020
    No lease, either finance or all cash, zip code 11747. No reason to make a move until the MDX prototype is released in two days. How long will 2020 cars be wanted as we get into 2021?

No lease, either finance or all cash, zip code 11747. No reason to make a move until the MDX prototype is released in two days. How long will 2020 cars be wanted as we get into 2021?

I imagine all the 2020's will be sold or leased, eventually.

What we don't know is when lease support or finance incentives will stop being supporte by Acura. No guesses on that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• getcardealgetcardeal Member Posts: 10
    I have a lease ending at the end of the year on my MDX. It is considerably under mileage (used only 21k on 36k).
    It is SH-AWD trim. RV is about $28.5K and looks like the trade in value on Edmunds is around $30.5K
    Does it make sense to buy out the current car and then trade it in to buy a new MDX?
    What kind of incentive are available?

I have a lease ending at the end of the year on my MDX. It is considerably under mileage (used only 21k on 36k).
    It is SH-AWD trim. RV is about $28.5K and looks like the trade in value on Edmunds is around $30.5K
    Does it make sense to buy out the current car and then trade it in to buy a new MDX?
    What kind of incentive are available?

You don't have to buy it out to trade it. You can trade it directly to the dealer, as though you owned it with a loan on it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    Existing Acura owner thinking of buying new MDX with SHAWD & Tech. Cash or finance, whichever gets me the lowest price. Can you tell me what incentives and loyalty money are available? MSRP is $52,525. 07960
    albert72 said:

Existing Acura owner thinking of buying new MDX with SHAWD & Tech. Cash or finance, whichever gets me the lowest price. Can you tell me what incentives and loyalty money are available? MSRP is $52,525. 07960

$1500 purchase incentive if you finance yourself or pay cash
    $1500 loyalty

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

albert72 said:

$5500 incentive, if you take Acura "standard" rate financing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

albert72 said:

Thanks. Any idea if there is a minimum amount I need to finance to get that $5500?
    albert72 said:

kyfdx said:

albert72 said:

Thanks. Any idea if there is a minimum amount I need to finance to get that $5500?
    The incentive goes to the dealer.

But, no, no idea on the minimum

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• gvgrgvgr Member Posts: 14
    Is this a good deal?
    2020 Acura MDX Advance Package 4dr SH-AWD
    MSRP $59,675
    Sale Price $ 46, 915
    Out the door price - $ 51, 162 (includes Maryland Tax, tags & fees).
    gvgr said:

Is this a good deal?
    2020 Acura MDX Advance Package 4dr SH-AWD
    MSRP $59,675
    Sale Price $ 46, 915
    Out the door price - $ 51, 162 (includes Maryland Tax, tags & fees).

Yes, that looks great.

You can check Edmunds pricing tools, here

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• adie153adie153 Member Posts: 10
    I am wondering if I am getting all incentives on MDX SH-AWD with tech in NJ.
    SP is 40753 including 1500 for conquest, tax and dmv fee additional, at standard finance rate. Appreciate input
  • adie153adie153 Member Posts: 10
    sorry forgot to mention MRSP:52525
    adie153 said:

sorry forgot to mention MRSP:52525

With that large of a discount, it looks like you are getting the $8600 incentive.

But, ask them for the selling price before all the incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mdxmdmdxmd Member Posts: 2
    Here's what we got, just so folks know what's out there: 2020 MDX Base FWD for $33,905 plus tax and tags. MSRP $45,525 and Edmunds TMV $38,108 as of today. Not that either is written into the contract, but in principle the offer included $1,500 loyalty incentive and $5,500 financial incentive for using Acura's "standard" financing. Financed at 3.09% but (probably foolishly) talked myself into paying $1440 for a 4yr/48k maintenance contract to get there, after an initial offer of $1840. Contacted dealer through Edmunds so got Edmunds appraisal value for the trade-in.

Thanks everyone here for sharing info.
    mdxmd said:

Here's what we got, just so folks know what's out there: 2020 MDX Base FWD for $33,905 plus tax and tags. MSRP $45,525 and Edmunds TMV $38,108 as of today. Not that either is written into the contract, but in principle the offer included $1,500 loyalty incentive and $5,500 financial incentive for using Acura's "standard" financing. Financed at 3.09% but (probably foolishly) talked myself into paying $1440 for a 4yr/48k maintenance contract to get there, after an initial offer of $1840. Contacted dealer through Edmunds so got Edmunds appraisal value for the trade-in.

Thanks everyone here for sharing info.

Congrats!

Thanks for the report.

You may have 30 days to decide if you want to keep the maintenance contract.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mdxmdmdxmd Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. I think it's 60 days, actually. With our '16 Pilot we had to change the transmission fluid at 45k miles, but our '12 Odyssey's lasted until 60k. Based on prior history, we'd spend around $900 on MDX maintenance the first 48k without changing the transmission fluid. So the maintenance contract doesn't even come close to full value unless the maintenance minder -- in its infinite, indecipherable wisdom -- asks for transmission fluid relatively early. And even then, only if it's expensive transmission fluid. Driving conditions on the MDX will more likely the mirror the Odyssey, so we'll probably cancel. The marginal reduction in the rate from 3.24% to 3.09% isn't worth it.
  • croftonhillscroftonhills Member Posts: 13
    Did the incentives change at all between Nov and Dec? I negotiated what I believed to be a great deal in Nov for my parents, but they were unable to complete the purchase. Just wondering if anything changed this month. By the way, they qualify for conquest cash and will finance at the higher rate to get the better cash incentive. Haven't seen much to compare as most people seem to lease these days so wondering if I really have worked as good of a deal as I think. We're at 24.5% off MSRP including everything except title/tax/tags for a 2020 MDX Tech AWD in White. Thanks!

Did the incentives change at all between Nov and Dec? I negotiated what I believed to be a great deal in Nov for my parents, but they were unable to complete the purchase. Just wondering if anything changed this month. By the way, they qualify for conquest cash and will finance at the higher rate to get the better cash incentive. Haven't seen much to compare as most people seem to lease these days so wondering if I really have worked as good of a deal as I think. We're at 24.5% off MSRP including everything except title/tax/tags for a 2020 MDX Tech AWD in White. Thanks!

No changes for December.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• RagarwalRagarwal Member Posts: 1
    vinnyny said:

Where did you buy it, I am in NJ and the best deal I got so far is 38K for 2020 MDX SH-AWD
  • Ineed2leaseIneed2lease Member Posts: 3
    New MDX will be arriving on February 2021, does anyone know if Acura will be keeping the same rebates/incentives on the current MDX after January 4 2021?
    edited December 2020

New MDX will be arriving on February 2021, does anyone know if Acura will be keeping the same rebates/incentives on the current MDX after January 4 2021?

No one knows

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Ineed2leaseIneed2lease Member Posts: 3
    Hello,
    Have the incentives changed from December for Acura MDX SH-AWD Tech for 90006?
    if yes what is the new incentive if financed through Acura and without?
    Thank you and happy new year

Hello,
    Have the incentives changed from December for Acura MDX SH-AWD Tech for 90006?
    if yes what is the new incentive if financed through Acura and without?
    Thank you and happy new year

0.90% APR up to 72 months (no incentive)
    Standard rate AFS financing ($5500 incentive)
    Cash or 3rd party finance ($1500 incentive)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited January 2021
    Looking to buy 2020 MDX SHAWD & Tech. Current Acura owner. Can you tell me what the most aggressive offers Acura has available? Zip is 07960.

I thought if you use AFS with a higher interest rate, the discounts are much greater. From post above, 2022 MDX hits dealers in Feb, when that happens, will incentives likely increase on a new 2020? Dealers in my area just received more 2020s. Bigger dealers have over 200 on their lots now. Thank you.
    albert72 said:

Looking to buy 2020 MDX SHAWD & Tech. Current Acura owner. Can you tell me what the most aggressive offers Acura has available? Zip is 07960.

I thought if you use AFS with a higher interest rate, the discounts are much greater. From post above, 2022 MDX hits dealers in Feb, when that happens, will incentives likely increase on a new 2020? Dealers in my area just received more 2020s. Bigger dealers have over 200 on their lots now. Thank you.

0.90% APR up to 72 months

OR

Standard rate AFS financing with $5500 dealer incentive

No guesses on what happens later, but current programs run through February

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• VacarbuyerVacarbuyer Member Posts: 7
    What are the current incentives to buy an Acura MDX 2020 SH Awd? Looking to lease, but also checking if it’s attractive instead to buy? I got a pricing of $36200 plus tax tags dealer fees and freight, will qualify for $1500 conquest discount. Any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks
  • VacarbuyerVacarbuyer Member Posts: 7

What are the current incentives to buy an Acura MDX 2020 SH Awd? Looking to lease, but also checking if it’s attractive instead to buy? I got a pricing of $36200 plus tax tags dealer fees and freight, will qualify for $1500 conquest discount. Any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks

This is zip 20148
  • tofublazetofublaze Member Posts: 2
    Looking for what price to pay for 2020 mdx with tech. Hoping they are looking to move them with 2022 on the lot, any discounts to be aware of
    tofublaze said:

Looking for what price to pay for 2020 mdx with tech. Hoping they are looking to move them with 2022 on the lot, any discounts to be aware of

Edmunds price tools

0.9% APR financing up to 72 months

or

$1500 Acura to dealer incentive with 3rd party finance or cash

or

$5500 Acura to dealer incentive with AFS Standard rate financing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks

This is zip 20148
    Purchase

0.9% APR financing up to 72 months

or

$1500 Acura to dealer incentive with 3rd party finance or cash

or

$5500 Acura to dealer incentive with AFS Standard rate financing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• atom786atom786 Member Posts: 79
    edited March 2021
    Purchased last night for my dad. 2020 MDX FWD Base MSRP $45925 + $2k in dealer adds (BS).
    $1500 conquest
    $5500 financing
    $1000 flex cash (basically a non advertised incentive that can be applied to any deal to close it)
    $5475 dealer discount from factory MSRP.
    (13,475 total discount including incentives).

$32450 net sales price (29.34% off msrp. I was targetting 35%, and then 33%, and then 30%. He let me walk twice and no dealer in the state wanted to touch the deal by even matching it.
    $2029 taxes (6.25%)
    $421 doc fee, licensing, road bridge inspection etc etc fees

$34,900.00 Out the door. Cashiers check for $24900 and financed $10000 at 2.99%. When statement comes in, im paying it off and being done with it. I did have 3 other dealers at $35,000 Out the door. Apparently, by doing this instead of waiting 3-4 months (which is what the finance guy said to me to do), they dealer loses more money. lol He said you may get a bill in the mail from acura financial because you did not let the $5500 rebate mature. lol i was like WTF. i didnt really care what he said because the sales director told me to ignore what finance said and pay it off in a month if i wanted to.

This deal was a $3300 Front Gross true loser. I might go back last day of the month and try for another at $33000 or $34000 out the door for myself.

Thanks
    atom786 said:

Purchased last night for my dad. 2020 MDX FWD Base MSRP $45925 + $2k in dealer adds (BS).
    $1500 conquest
    $5500 financing
    $1000 flex cash (basically a non advertised incentive that can be applied to any deal to close it)
    $5475 dealer discount from factory MSRP.
    (13,475 total discount including incentives).

$32450 net sales price (29.34% off msrp. I was targetting 35%, and then 33%, and then 30%. He let me walk twice and no dealer in the state wanted to touch the deal by even matching it.
    $2029 taxes (6.25%)
    $421 doc fee, licensing, road bridge inspection etc etc fees

$34,900.00 Out the door. Cashiers check for $24900 and financed $10000 at 2.99%. When statement comes in, im paying it off and being done with it. I did have 3 other dealers at $35,000 Out the door. Apparently, by doing this instead of waiting 3-4 months (which is what the finance guy said to me to do), they dealer loses more money. lol He said you may get a bill in the mail from acura financial because you did not let the $5500 rebate mature. lol i was like WTF. i didnt really care what he said because the sales director told me to ignore what finance said and pay it off in a month if i wanted to.

This deal was a $3200 Front Gross true loser. I might go back last day of the month and try for another at $33000 or $34000 out the door for myself.

Thanks

Congrats!

For the $75 in interest for 3 months, I'd wait, rather than taking a chance. They won't be able to transfer the vehicle to you until they've received a title, anyway. In my state, that takes 6 weeks or more.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Sales director said if you get anything in the mail, just bring it in and we will handle it. He said many people that can just write a check take the $5500 and then pay it off. Im going to get it in writing from him. I dont want to wait around to pay it off. Even if it was $9990 the first month, and $5 the next month and $5 the last.
    atom786 said:

Sales director said if you get anything in the mail, just bring it in and we will handle it. He said many people that can just write a check take the $5500 and then pay it off. Im going to get it in writing from him. I dont want to wait around to pay it off. Even if it was $9990 the first month, and $5 the next month and $5 the last.

I surely wouldn't depend on the guy whose pay is based on revenue/profit to tell me what Acura Finance might do, and that he'll take care of it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

i talked to finance director...and he said what my sales director was correct. He said his finance mgr was wrong. And emailed me saying i apologoie for misinformation the finance mgr gave you.
  • SahilMSahilM Member Posts: 1
    Would you mind sharing dealer location please?
  • elgaleselgales Member Posts: 17
    Please can you share purchase/finance incentives for 2020 base MDX and 2020 tech MDX. Zip 30319.
    Thanks
    elgales said:

Please can you share purchase/finance incentives for 2020 base MDX and 2020 tech MDX. Zip 30319.
    Thanks

0.90% APR with no incentives
    Standard rate AFS finance with $5500 Acura to dealer incentive
    3rd party finance/cash with $1500 Acura to dealer incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Flying_pandaFlying_panda Member Posts: 8
    kyfdx said:

elgales said:

Thanks

Hello, I'm wondering how to get the $5500 incentive. Basically first negotiate a good deal with the dealer before this incentive, then choosing a standard rate refinance term, the dealer will deduct $5500 from MSRP? Is it still available in Northern California? Thank you.

kyfdx said:

elgales said:

Thanks

Hello, I'm wondering how to get the $5500 incentive. Basically first negotiate a good deal with the dealer before this incentive, then choosing a standard rate refinance term, the dealer will deduct $5500 from MSRP? Is it still available in Northern California? Thank you.
    Sorry, forget to add zip code. The zip is 94086.

kyfdx said:

elgales said:

Thanks

The incentive is from Acura to the dealer. Be upfront and tell the dealer you are willing to take standard rate financing for a lower price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

elgales said:

Thanks

The incentive is from Acura to the dealer. Be upfront and tell the dealer you are willing to take standard rate financing for a lower price.
    Thanks for your quick reply. Another question, I found previous post about "$1000 flex cash (basically a non advertised incentive that can be applied to any deal to close it)", do you have any idea if it's still available near zip code 94086 area?