Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,381

I'm seriously thinking about this 440i. It's got decent power and M Adaptive suspension, plus all the bells and whistles- and only 7,400 miles(!) on the clock. The dealer is next to DFW. I've driven Dallas to home in one day, I can do it again

That’s awesome. I am a sucker for BMW blues. This is probably as close to what a 3 (4) Series used to be as you can get today. Better snatch that up in a hurry before some other true enthusiast beats you to it!

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    @graphicguy - Congrats on the new TLX! I really dig the new styling and LOVE the White/Red color combination. Looking forward to hearing your impressions as you pile on the miles.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,518
    Crv hybrid was nice. We liked the one we test drove. You do lose the spare tire, and get a mobility kit instead.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

One downside to my son’s new Audi. The black optic package comes with summer tires. And he lives in snow country. So has to lay out for snows. Even worse, a cold snap is happening this week and could drop into the 30s.

Debating a wheel/tire package or just tires. And thoughts?

Unless Breld has a set that fits an Audi he wants to sell!

He does have a set left from his A3, but might be too big a drop. Going from 255/35-19 (I shivered just typing that) to 225/45-17. A 1” diameter decrease, about 4.1%. No clue if the car will like that.

• corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,262
    Will 17s even clear the brake calipers on the new car?
    Tire rack lists 17” packages. He did some forum research and sounds like it depends on the wheel. Not sure if he also has SNY bigger upgrade brake parts. Can also try and put one on to see!

He might just run the summers for now, and this winter put on all seasons and leave them on. Keep the summers in case need tires at lease end.

• coldinohiocoldinohio Member Posts: 170
    tire and wheel package from TireRack or similar is very easy

i had '14 audi a4 with 19 in summer; used 17' in winter; similar overall diameter so no issues with speed /odometer

easy to swap in April and October; would not put 17in winter on 19 in summer rims :(

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,349
    edited April 2021

I'm seriously thinking about this 440i. It's got decent power and M Adaptive suspension, plus all the bells and whistles- and only 7,400 miles(!) on the clock. The dealer is next to DFW. I've driven Dallas to home in one day, I can do it again

Like it...a LOT! I’ve actually been to that dealership before. Good folks. One of their Infiniti GMs used to post here a long time ago. Wonder if he’s still with their dealership group?

Shopped their BMW store while I was doing some work in Ft Worth and had an evening with nothing to do except look at cars just for Ss and Gs!
    Good to know. I sent an inquiry through the BMW of Grapevine web site. So far I’ve just received an auto-response, understandably.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

More of a cost issue since only a lease. And really doesn’t want to have to buy another set to return it. He’s not tracking the car so I doubt would see much difference between something like pilot sport A/S and the OEM Bridgestone summers in normal driving.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    stickguy said:

More of a cost issue since only a lease. And really doesn’t want to have to buy another set to return it. He’s not tracking the car so I doubt would see much difference between something like pilot sport A/S and the OEM Bridgestone summers in normal driving.

I would definitely wait until Fall, or scour the Audi forums for someone dumping a set now.

A judicious right foot, and he'll be fine in the '30s F

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited April 2021
    30s gets a little squirrely. It’s when there is also snow that it gets really bad. And they might get snow this week.

Good idea about the forums.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    stickguy said:

30s gets a little squirrely. It’s when there is also snow that it gets really bad. And they might get snow this week.

Good idea about the forums.

Even then... just be careful. I surely wouldn't go to the trouble and expense of putting on a set now, for just two days. Take an Uber.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Oh, he isn’t doing it now. He works from home and his GF can drive if needed. Just planning ahead.

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,143
    I just tried the Edmunds appraisal tool, interesting. I used a dummy 2018 model with equivalent options and expected mileage as my 2019 car, forecast in a year. Appraisal was just shy of 52K. Residual is 45K. I've never seen this kind of thing on a German car lease.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    @stickguy - nice taste in cars the boy has! You taught him well.

As far as the snow tires go. If they are Summer Rubber, they are going to be shot by the time he has to turn the car in anyway. So he's going to have to pony up for a new set of tires anyway. I'd definitely have him get a set of dedicated winter wheels & tires for that car, especially given where he lives. I'd say buy the tires (18s if they are 19s) and see if he can find a used set of Audi S4 18" rims.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

The problem with that is if the summers still don’t make it, he has to buy 2 sets of tires. He doesn’t really need snows. The Genesis came with performs excellent all seasons of dome kind, and he used those year round. Finding used wheels is always An option if you can do it. Would have been better off with the standard 18s but he loved the black optics package which annoyingly also included the summer tires. Though the chrome 18s really where not a great looking wheel.

• au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,381
    edited April 2021
    I think I’d go ahead and slap a set of proper sized all seasons on before next winter and hope they last till lease end and then put the factory rubber back on. Hopefully use and timing line up so even if he had to run them a month or so, he’d be ok in terms of wear.

I can’t imagine a quattro on all seasons wouldn’t be fine. I think you said he is WFH so if its too bad out just don’t go.

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

That was my idea too, if his current set won’t work (told him to call tire rack, where they came from, and ask).

• rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    edited April 2021
    roadburner - I'm seriously thinking about this 440i.
    DO IT.
    - Ray
    Still VERY pleased with my [ blue ] xx40i...
    2022 X3 M40i

Just watched this. Actually a nice sounding car. To me, perfect size. Lots of interior space but compact outside. Interior is nice. I think the styling is great too. And boxy, so very usable interior space.

I bet they would have a hit if they take the AWD version and drop in the GLI motor, and tweak the suspension to match. Can be the only hot rod in the subcompact CUV class, from a mainstream brand.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,085
    stickguy said:

I bet they would have a hit if they take the AWD version and drop in the GLI motor, and tweak the suspension to match. Can be the only hot rod in the subcompact CUV class, from a mainstream brand.

But then they would get hit with lawsuits from all the people who drove it like the hot rod it was and had rollovers. :o

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    tjc78 said:

benjaminh said:

Of course, red interior....

Congrats on the car! Great color combo. I'd be interested to hear more driving impressions at some point.

Hey folks. I've been busy with work and other stuff. But good to see that people are still checking out cars and trade-in values.

I recently had an email exchange with the local Volvo dealer about an S60, which would lease for somewhere around $410 a month + TTL with the Volvo loyalty incentive. But since I lack that incentive I decided it was too much.
    What trim and specs on the S60?

Mine was a tick over 50K (T6 Inscription) and w/o loyalty I’m at $465 with 6.625% NJ tax (NJ taxes whole lease) with just first DAS 36/10
    You got a great deal on that lease. Beats that goal of 1%.

Here's the one I was looking at, which would have also been slightly under 1%—with the Volvo loyalty incentive.

https://www.volvooflouisville.com/commercial-new/Volvo/2021-Volvo-S60-89f86fb00a0e0a1754402ade8dcf8a30.htm

New 2021 Volvo
    S60 T5 Momentum Sedan
    Exterior ColorPebble GrayInterior ColorBlond
    Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) $37,750
    Climate Package
    $750
    Heated Front Seats
    Heated Windshield Wiper Blades
    Heated Steering Wheel
    Premium Package
    $1,700
    Sensus Navigation Pro
    HomeLink Garage Door Transmitter
    Power Folding Rear Head Restraints
    Show All Package Items
    Metallic Paint
    $645
    Protection Package*
    $325
    Harman Kardon Premium Sound
    $800
    19" 5-V Spoke Tinted Silver Alloy Wheel
    $800
    Destination Charge
    $995
    Total Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)
    $43,765
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,977
    The Taos looks nice. It could probably use a bit more power than 158 hp, but 184 torque is the same as the 2.0 in the Passat. If VW keeps pricing reasonable they will fly off the lot.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,907
    benjaminh said:

tjc78 said:

benjaminh said:

Congrats on the car! Great color combo. I'd be interested to hear more driving impressions at some point.

Hey folks. I've been busy with work and other stuff. But good to see that people are still checking out cars and trade-in values.

I recently had an email exchange with the local Volvo dealer about an S60, which would lease for somewhere around $410 a month + TTL with the Volvo loyalty incentive. But since I lack that incentive I decided it was too much.

Mine was a tick over 50K (T6 Inscription) and w/o loyalty I’m at $465 with 6.625% NJ tax (NJ taxes whole lease) with just first DAS 36/10

Here's the one I was looking at, which would have also been slightly under 1%—with the Volvo loyalty incentive.

https://www.volvooflouisville.com/commercial-new/Volvo/2021-Volvo-S60-89f86fb00a0e0a1754402ade8dcf8a30.htm

New 2021 Volvo
    S60 T5 Momentum Sedan
    Climate Package
    $750
    Heated Front Seats
    Heated Steering Wheel
    Premium Package
    $1,700
    Sensus Navigation Pro
    Show All Package Items
    Metallic Paint
    $645
    Protection Package*
    $325
    $800
    $800
    Destination Charge
    $995
    $43,765
    These continue to lease pretty well. When they allow you to stack Costco they are even better.

That’s nicely equipped. In the S60 the T5 is plenty powerful.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,977
    benjaminh said:

tjc78 said:

benjaminh said:

New 2021 Volvo
    S60 T5 Momentum Sedan
    Climate Package
    $750
    Heated Front Seats
    Heated Steering Wheel
    Premium Package
    $1,700
    Sensus Navigation Pro
    Show All Package Items
    Metallic Paint
    $645
    Protection Package*
    $325
    $800
    $800
    Destination Charge
    $995
    $43,765
    What vehicle were you thinking about replacing?

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

edited April 2021
    My lease with my 2018 TLX is coming to an end on July 2nd, and I decided to consider my options before buying it out. The S60 is a great looking sedan with some nice features (electric folding rear headrests lol!?) that leases at a good rate. The Volvo dealer even offered to buy out my TLX lease at a 2k profit that would be put into the deal. But the deal still needed 3k DAS. And then after three years of payments significantly higher than I'm making now I'd be looking at a buyout of of c. 24k on the Volvo. Are the new Volvos reliable?

There was one wrinkle that was slightly interesting but in the end added up to nothing, which is that Volvo offers employee pricing to certain groups, including teachers:

https://volvoaffinity.com/teachers

I uploaded my ID and filled out other info, got an official PIN code from Volvo, and then sent it along to the Volvo dealer. But my salesperson said the deal he'd already offered was better than that offer.

The buyout of my TLX is 18.5, and it's probably a car that could go to 150,000 miles with just regular maintenance.

Still, I'm considering my options. Seems like most new vehicle prices are going up, but it looks like I could get a good lease deal on a leftover 2020 MDX (c.390 a month with only taxes and fees due at signing), but I really don't need a car that big. I like driving on winding mountain roads sometimes, and for that a sedan is perfect. The BMW 3-series remains a dream car, but the styling of the new model is a bit much for me, plus they cost a lot. The Tesla model 3 still doesn't have the range I'd like on the standard model, plus I think there's a chance the big tax credit on that might come back at some point.
    edited April 2021
    PS After a thorough in-person inspection Carmax did offer 23,800 for my wife's CR-V, which I printed out. But then slightly to my surprise one of our local Honda dealers wouldn't match that, plus they had sky-high prices on their new cars—full list price + protection packages that were almost 4k. I said thanks but no thanks. We've decided we love my wife's paid off 2018 CR-V. The thorough detail wash and seat/carpet cleaning it got today before the Carmax inspection makes it look almost new. Can't believe I put off doing that.
    speaking of 1% leases, I was poking around on Rodo looking at Rangers today (hey, beats working!) that site is interesting with huge swings on the same basic car at different dealers. You might see 2 of the same trim, very close MSRP, buy one is $325/month and one is $450.

Anyway, not a huge inventory, and most fairly high, but the pick of the litter was a modestly equipped XL, MSRP of $32,xxx, for $300.00 month/$300 DAS. For 36 months, 30,000 miles.

not too bad if you need a basic hack around truck and don't want to spend too much. Even somewhat practical, since it was the short cab, 6' bed model (which I fine by , I just need the back area for occasionally toting a dog, and carrying stuff I want inside, very rarely people).

I need to run over to the VW dealer. One flaw on the car is a decent size scrape/gouge on the bottom corner of the front lip. Since the car is white and the plastic is black, it is really noticeable. Don't want to give the places any reason to know the price down.

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    So now she gets to use the Fiat as her d d or the Town & Country. Might be a good time to just sit back and do nothing, get the MB fixed and see where y'all stand. Take those few months payments and bank 'em and do some research to see what she wants next. Guess it must be nice to have so many vehicles for just the two of you but think having just four total would be enough. I get keeping the T&C as it's paid off and the warranty is great, enough space inside for the family...just the perfect extra vehicle. Her Fiat is fun and with the summer coming, having a convertible is great. You have the Camaro plus the other two running and the other one not.
    Any chance she'd take on the Camaro for awhile? Totally sure she'll fit nicely in it. And she already has her toy with the Fiat. Think putting off anything new for the next few months might work. Personally, would love t see the MB up & running as I really do like that one of your family fleet. Enjoy watching what y'all do as I'm still stuck on what to do next here. At this point, with the Golf behaving itself, will wait till the new Taos arrives in the marketplace and see how it stacks up. Got a feeling though that it might just be what I'm looking for as my next d d as think the GTI is going to be a bit too low for me with my spinal issues.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,646

Not bad.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,936

So now she gets to use the Fiat as her d d or the Town & Country. Might be a good time to just sit back and do nothing, get the MB fixed and see where y'all stand. Take those few months payments and bank 'em and do some research to see what she wants next. Guess it must be nice to have so many vehicles for just the two of you but think having just four total would be enough. I get keeping the T&C as it's paid off and the warranty is great, enough space inside for the family...just the perfect extra vehicle. Her Fiat is fun and with the summer coming, having a convertible is great. You have the Camaro plus the other two running and the other one not.
    Any chance she'd take on the Camaro for awhile? Totally sure she'll fit nicely in it. And she already has her toy with the Fiat. Think putting off anything new for the next few months might work. Personally, would love t see the MB up & running as I really do like that one of your family fleet. Enjoy watching what y'all do as I'm still stuck on what to do next here. At this point, with the Golf behaving itself, will wait till the new Taos arrives in the marketplace and see how it stacks up. Got a feeling though that it might just be what I'm looking for as my next d d as think the GTI is going to be a bit too low for me with my spinal issues.

hahahaha. No, she would NEVER drive the Camaro.

Just for kicks, I submitted the Camaro to VroomVana. I'm just curious. Both websites said "uhhh... we'll have to get back to you."

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,646
    edited April 2021

OF50, most of our drivers have also gotten their vaccines but my lead, he just turned 38, is not quite ready to get his. Have no reason why but a couple of others keep questioning him as to why as think they also want to go back to 4/vehicle if possible. Right now, we still have about 6 Ford Transit vans going out plus a couple of the Chevy's. Of course, the Ford's are taken first and there's some unfair hanky panky going on to shut out a couple of teams, one being ours. Last Wednesday though, big accident on the way to work. Since I always leave early to eat breakfast out, I'm good. A bunch of the others are running late, as is my lead, so he texts me to go sign for the van and the gas card. Go in and see a Ford key & a Chevy key. I take the Ford key. Don't ya know later in the day, the last one in who got the Chevy key came over to me and wanted to know why I took it? I said to him, "are you kidding" and walked away...was totally shocked! But not surprised since some of the other leads take ownership it seems of the vans they usually get which of course is nonsense. One guy who likes one of the Chevy vans tried to get my lead to switch again Friday, he did it once already and this time said no. Don't quite understand how grown men, most in their seventies, are playing these games just to get a particular vehicle!
    Just am hoping that we also go back to more folks per van soon so no more nonsense. And also hope that there will be no more going home at 1:15 like we did last Friday. But, we'll just have to see how things go. This chip problem should be coming to and hopefully in the near future.

That’s funny. I often tell my wife that this job is like middle school sometimes with the level of emotional maturity we see. Up here the boss assigns the vans so nobody gets a choice of any particular vehicle.

We don’t see too much negative behavior, maybe because we’re having too much fun. Today, for example, Vermont was short of drivers so our team got loaned out and we spent the day cruising Lake Champlain shuttling car between NY and Burlington. More than once someone commented that he couldn’t believe we get paid to do this.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

Smart boss you have. I just have to laugh when I pull up to work and see who's standing in line to be first in. This is really the only issue I have working there. That, and of course the ugly green polos we have to wear. I think a polo shirt for us drivers is the right move, a bit of a more professional look that a tee shirt. But the "Kermit green" color is just a bit off for my tastes. They used to wear a darker green polo with the perforated holes in the material so it could breathe better. The material was softer too which felt better on the skin. I like a pocket in the shirt as I carry my reading glasses in it so I always have them near when needed. When in the back of the van, I tend to surf on the internet with my smart phone to pass the time. Right now, I drive the chase van on Tuesday & Wednesday afternoons while of Friday, the lead drives the whole day. Really dislike driving the 13 & 15 packs but have to be a team player, so do it unlike a few others that totally refuse to do it. Think that's a bit unfair but that's managements issue, not mine. Our group of four drivers in our group, only allow three per van right now, all agree that we should each take a turn behind the wheel of the chase vehicle which is great. Am hoping that once we go back to four drivers in a van, he keeps our group of four in tact on those days we work since we all started around the same time and work well as a team. We laugh about 90% of the time and just enjoy each others company. Makes each day so much easier to like one's co-workers and know you can count on them to have your back!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

edited April 2021
    benjaminh said:

...one of our local Honda dealers wouldn't match that, plus they had sky-high prices on their new cars—full list price + protection packages that were almost 4k.

I can probably guess which one. :@ Not sure whether they would match a trade-in bid, but the dealer in E-town used to refrain from preinstalling accessories on any vehicles except the few demo models they had.
    stickguy said:

...I just need the back area for occasionally toting a dog, and carrying stuff I want inside, very rarely people).

The XL is pretty sparsely equipped, if memory serves. My dog is only 35 pounds, but I don't think she would be happy in the back seat of a midsize extended cab, they are just tiny. Crew cab would be fine, or an extended cab full size.
    Q, I get it about your wife not driving the Camaro. My wife wouldn't touch the Tucson I had until one day I insisted she drive it just to know where things were in case one day she had no choice but to drive it. She didn't like it, but she drove it home one afternoon and later admitted that it wasn't as bad as she had thought. Not that she'd ever do it in the future, but just knowing she could was a big step for both of us. Like yours, she likes what she likes, her vehicle, and wants it ready & able whenever she needs it. Once it starts becoming unreliable, time to find something else that is. Luckily her A3 has just under 62K on it and has been very reliable. Just that one oil leak that our new mechanic found quite quickly & repaired. Just needs regular oil changes & tire rotations and it's been a very reliable vehicle. Am hoping it'll stay this way for another two to three years, at least!

corvette said:

benjaminh said:

...one of our local Honda dealers wouldn't match that, plus they had sky-high prices on their new cars—full list price + protection packages that were almost 4k.

I can probably guess which one. :@ Not sure whether they would match a trade-in bid, but the dealer in E-town used to refrain from preinstalling accessories on any vehicles except the few demo models they had.
    stickguy said:

...I just need the back area for occasionally toting a dog, and carrying stuff I want inside, very rarely people).

The XL is pretty sparsely equipped, if memory serves. My dog is only 35 pounds, but I don't think she would be happy in the back seat of a midsize extended cab, they are just tiny. Crew cab would be fine, or an extended cab full size.
    probably is basic. But I would have to check it out in person to see. I figure if it is a truck, and the spare car, doesn't need to be loaded to the gills! For the dog, I assume the seat cushion flips up so would do that and put down a couple of dog beds. Can't be any worse than continually falling into the back seat footwell.

I really just want a modern version of my 1990 Nissan PU!

edited April 2021
    corvette said:

benjaminh said:

If you guessed Wyler you were right. Honda World also has mark-ups, but actually their website 'internet pricing' is okay given the market right now.

Wyler had on their showroom floor a Civic Type R with a $10,000 dealer mark up. ?? !!

Strange is that 3 years ago Wyler gave us a really good price on our CR-V. That was when they were in their old run down location. But wow, they'll pulled out all the stops to sell us the car back then. Except for some models it might be a while till we get back to those days of really good deals.

I was in E-town just a few days ago for a bike ride around Freedman Lake and into the Nature park. Also took a stop by the free Swope car museum. On the drive back I took Dixie highway and drove by Hardin Honda. Maybe I'll consider them at some point. But I think for today anyway we've given up the dream of getting a new car. There's nothing quite like the luxury of a car that's paid off.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,065
    benjaminh said:

corvette said:

benjaminh said:

If you guessed Wyler you were right. Honda World also has mark-ups, but actually their website 'internet pricing' is okay given the market right now.

Wyler had on their showroom floor a Civic Type R with a $10,000 dealer mark up. ?? !!

Strange is that 3 years ago Wyler gave us a really good price on our CR-V. That was when they were in their old run down location. But wow, they'll pulled out all the stops to sell us the car back then. Except for some models it might be a while till we get back to those days of really good deals.

I was in E-town just a few days ago for a bike ride around Freedman Lake and into the Nature park. Also took a stop by the free Swope car museum. On the drive back I took Dixie highway and drove by Hardin Honda. Maybe I'll consider them at some point. But I think for today anyway we've given up the dream of getting a new car. There's nothing quite like the luxury of a car that's paid off.
    My wife tells me that at least once a week.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

I'm looking forward to it. only 4 more years if we don't pay it off early! Probably would if it wasn't only .9% financing. Or buy another one of course but I don't intend to take out another loan at this point. It is a nice feeling, having no payments coming out.

the carrot for the wife. Once the house is paid off and all other debt, at least one of us can retire!

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,065
    stickguy said:

the carrot for the wife. Once the house is paid off and all other debt, at least one of us can retire!

My wife has already semi-retired. She helps out in the studio from time to time.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

@benjaminh - I haven't been in years, but the Swope car museum is a gem that is hidden in plain sight!
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,792
    qbrozen said:

hahahaha. No, she would NEVER drive the Camaro.

Just for kicks, I submitted the Camaro to VroomVana. I'm just curious. Both websites said "uhhh... we'll have to get back to you."

My brother submitted his 2020 ZL1, and they said the same thing. It took them under 24 hours to come back, though. I think the offer was 66K; he paid 77K 18 months and 25,000 miles prior.

2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,936

Like yours, she likes what she likes, her vehicle, and wants it ready & able whenever she needs it. Once it starts becoming unreliable, time to find something else that is.

The other night while in the Charger, she says, “this thing breaks down all the time.”
    “Wait a sec... it overheated ONCE and it took $25 and 5 mins to fix. This is why you NEED a lease. You have ZERO tolerance for anything less than 100% operational at all times.”

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,792
    Can you believe it?! Steel wheels on a new vehicle.... This is my friend's new Ranger (I mentioned a few weeks ago that his 2000 Chevy 1500 was stolen).

Oh, and, on Saturday, I did a bit of surgery:

2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    got a text earlier from a friend, asking what I thought about a Sube Crosstrek. I told her I really liked them. Would be good for her too (single woman with a medium sized lab). Asked if she was actually looking (would have surprised me) and she said no, just was thinking about it recently because a salesguy asked her a few times). Sounds like she isn't doing anything, since her 2011 Outback only has about 20,000 miles on it (though I suspect she would get a good price on that!) No, she does not drive much.