Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,759
    stickguy said:

got a text earlier from a friend, asking what I thought about a Sube Crosstrek. I told her I really liked them. Would be good for her too (single woman with a medium sized lab). Asked if she was actually looking (would have surprised me) and she said no, just was thinking about it recently because a salesguy asked her a few times). Sounds like she isn't doing anything, since her 2011 Outback only has about 20,000 miles on it (though I suspect she would get a good price on that!) No, she does not drive much.

Holy cow! 20,000 miles on a 2011? That's surely a record. :D
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,236
    xwesx said:

Oh, and, on Saturday, I did a bit of surgery...

100percentjake would be proud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqqRBjy1DYw

• rny421rny421 Member Posts: 160
    My mom has a 2016 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Platinum (6-cylinder) with ~80K miles that she’s thinking of getting rid of. She hasn’t had any issues with the car, but is thinking it might be time for something new.
    I plugged it into Edmunds (Carmax) and it said $16,100!!! My parents always buy new, so I may push her to do something now while the market is hot for her trade in.
    Likely replacement contenders would be Volvos, as this is her third (two XC90s and an XC60), and she always looked at BMWs, but came back to Volvo every time.
    Wonder if there deals on XC90s or XC60s since they’re not brand new models anymore? The MDX or RDX would be good options too. I don’t see them looking at Audi, Mercedes, or Porsche. Also, while the RX is a good choice, Lexus infotainment systems are so dated in my opinion.
    Update is that I still love the e-tron! My wife actually likes driving it too, and asks to take it a lot - so it’ll be interesting to see if she wants an EV when we replace her GLC in 3-5 years. There are so many electric vehicles coming out in the next few years, so there will be a lot more to choose from. She only has 38K miles on her GLC, so in theory it could last us 6-8 more years no problem.
    2017 Mercedes GLC300 | 2021 Audi E-Tron
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    Right now, my mileage per year has gone down substantially to where it's probably going to be less than 5K/year. 2020 was a fluke with the pandemic and all but I drove it under 3K miles the whole year. Hard to believe I was averaging around 13K from 2014 to 2019 but my part time gig commute was about 60 miles/day. Count all that petrol plus the tolls and I spent a lot just getting there, forget the wear & tear on each vehicle. Now, lucky if I go 21 to work those three days a week and doubt I even pass 50 each week. Topped off the tank on the 12th of April and haven't even gone an 1/8th of a tank yet! Just don't drive much currently or since a year ago March to be honest.
    Today in the mail, Safeco sent us a check of around $46.00 as a rebate I'm thinking due to our low miles driven. Very happy with them after two years of coverage and just having to do it once a year is great, no more 6 months crap! We pay it off at the start of the policy year just to be done with it. I hate owing anyone money to be honest. Was a very happy day when we paid the house off back in the mid 90's as we know it's done and get to save that much more. Now with just the two of us, our overhead ain't too much here with the power being the biggest bill each month. Luckily, we've staggered all the major bills throughout the year so we don't have much $ moving from one account to the other. We've again, always lived under our means and really spend the most on eating out, something the Mrs. loves to do. We've made sure to spend the majority of the stimulus checks on just that plus used a major portion last month on finally getting the sprinkler system repaired after a few years of not using it at all due to major leaks and a broken pump. Now, it's up & running properly even though our rainy season is about to start. It was time to just do it...and getting the recent stimulus just made that decision that much easier to make.
    Suspect we won't change our spending habits much once we fully retire. I know that we'll both be swapping out our automobiles within the next 3 to 4 years as by then, both will be around 10 years old and it'll be time. Know I'll be doing it first obviously as I've been looking a bit lately and am just waiting on a couple of new 2022 models to finally come out. Once I finally do decide on a make and model, won't take long to do it, usually a week or two as I never rush into it. Took a week last time and just a bit longer the time before that as I think things over a bit, sometimes a bad thing but hey, that's just how I do things.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

rny421 said:

My mom has a 2016 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Platinum (6-cylinder) with ~80K miles that she’s thinking of getting rid of. She hasn’t had any issues with the car, but is thinking it might be time for something new.
    I plugged it into Edmunds (Carmax) and it said $16,100!!! My parents always buy new, so I may push her to do something now while the market is hot for her trade in.
    Likely replacement contenders would be Volvos, as this is her third (two XC90s and an XC60), and she always looked at BMWs, but came back to Volvo every time.
    Wonder if there deals on XC90s or XC60s since they’re not brand new models anymore? The MDX or RDX would be good options too. I don’t see them looking at Audi, Mercedes, or Porsche. Also, while the RX is a good choice, Lexus infotainment systems are so dated in my opinion.
    Update is that I still love the e-tron! My wife actually likes driving it too, and asks to take it a lot - so it’ll be interesting to see if she wants an EV when we replace her GLC in 3-5 years. There are so many electric vehicles coming out in the next few years, so there will be a lot more to choose from. She only has 38K miles on her GLC, so in theory it could last us 6-8 more years no problem.

If she's already thinking about getting rid of it, this is the perfect time for your mother to make a change!

When your wife stops asking and just takes the eTron every day, that's the time to trade in the GLC. I have a feeling it is going to be much sooner than 3-5 years....
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    corvette said:

xwesx said:

Haha. That's about right, TBH. I ended up having to replace the bearings for the drum, and I don't even think this washer is more than five years old at this point. Never... NEVER... buy Samsung appliances!

• au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,356
    xwesx said:

corvette said:

xwesx said:

Haha. That's about right, TBH. I ended up having to replace the bearings for the drum, and I don't even think this washer is more than five years old at this point. Never... NEVER... buy Samsung appliances!

Agree! We had problems with 2 front loaders and went back to a top loader Maytag after that.

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,029
    stickguy said:

got a text earlier from a friend, asking what I thought about a Sube Crosstrek. I told her I really liked them.

No offense, but it strikes me that you would be among the last of those to whom I would pose that question. You like everything!! :D

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    xwesx said:

corvette said:

xwesx said:

I just bought an LG set. The lady at Lowe's said they have more problems with the Samsungs (even moreso with refrigerators).

Not for me.. for my son's house.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,559
    xwesx said:

Can you believe it?! Steel wheels on a new vehicle.... This is my friend's new Ranger (I mentioned a few weeks ago that his 2000 Chevy 1500 was stolen).

Oh, and, on Saturday, I did a bit of surgery:

Did they ever find your friend’s truck? I can’t believe people are stealing 20 year old trucks for anything other than a joy ride.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

xwesx said:

Never... NEVER... buy Samsung appliances!

Ugh, I have both a washer and dryer made by them. No issues in 6 years--knock on wood!
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    Our WD are both Samsung. Not all that new at this point. They do a good job, and play a nice tune when done! Fridge is LG though.

Hopefully the WD keep chugging along. I have zero interest in spending money on new ones before we finally move (and hopefully leave them behind). Knock wood.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665

The down side of car shopping at so many different dealerships is the aftermath. I’ve been inundated with phone calls, emails, texts (my personal forbidden way of being contacted, and I told all of them as much). I’ve even developed a standard, canned email and text response.

“Thank you for your time. I have decided to buy a different vehicle. Best regards!”

That doesn’t even stop some of them. At Toyota, the sales person’s manager texted me, as did his manager (how many managers does the sales person need?).
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    Even worse if you use a service like trucar. But, easy to ignore, and most of them go away after being told you bought something else.

I actually prefer texts. Easier to deal with during the day. Just please, no phone calls!

I really can’t wait to get out looking again. Probably the fall. At least to see the new and different stuff that interests me, like Santa Cruz and Maverick. The Taos would be nice to see also.

• breldbreld Member Posts: 6,698
    I always try to answer the calls from the salespeople following up and kindly let them know I decided to go in a different direction.

The tough ones are if I shopped at multiple dealers of the same brand - unless they did something egregious, that’s where I feel bad that I bought the same car but from a different place. That’s when I may make something up. :)

What’s even more curious is that I keep getting e-mails from the dealership where I did buy my son’s Tiguan just a few weeks ago. The e-mails state how now is a good time to buy a car. Either they haven’t updated their records yet, or they just know me well enough and that it’s been a few weeks since I’ve made a purchase!

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,936
    xwesx said:

corvette said:

xwesx said:

We were bit by Samsung washer and dryer as well. The washer was repaired 4 times, the dryer 2 times in 5 years. the last straw was at year 6 the pump in the washer cracked and flooded our utility room. No replacement pump available. We replaced both and not with Samsung.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

To be fair, we never had a problem with the Samsung dryer. The first washer lasted about 5 years and some sensor or the like went bad. All in repair was about 300 and at that point we caught a holiday weekend sale at Lowes and replaced it.

The second only lasted a couple of years because someone (and she shall remain nameless) loaded a set of king sheets, full sheets and a king blanket in there. The drum decided it didn’t like that much weight and locked itself up. We couldn’t even open the door.

We don’t talk about that anymore.

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    edited April 2021
    CarMax hit my 60k mile 2 Series at $17.7k; not bad I guess.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

The down side of car shopping at so many different dealerships is the aftermath. I’ve been inundated with phone calls, emails, texts (my personal forbidden way of being contacted, and I told all of them as much). I’ve even developed a standard, canned email and text response.

“Thank you for your time. I have decided to buy a different vehicle. Best regards!”

That doesn’t even stop some of them. At Toyota, the sales person’s manager texted me, as did his manager (how many managers does the sales person need?).

I get hundreds of texts some days. Since I use the phone a lot anyway, I have text notifications turned off for most contacts and just rely on the icon badge that tells you how many new texts you have on the home screen. Calls from unknown callers go straight to voicemail. If I'm car shopping, I may take it a step further and give them my Google Voice number, which I will know to ignore when I see it ring with "Google Voice Call" or similar.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    I'm considering sending the wife to check out a Ford Edge. Lots of 2020s left out there and they are still leasing them. RV is garbage, of course, but there is a total of $7k incentives and near free MF.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    qbrozen said:

I'm considering sending the wife to check out a Ford Edge. Lots of 2020s left out there and they are still leasing them. RV is garbage, of course, but there is a total of $7k incentives and near free MF.

My sister in law and her husband each have an Edge. His is loaded up, and hers is more basic. But, they really like them. FWD in Fort Wayne, IN, though... :s

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

qbrozen said:

My sister in law and her husband each have an Edge. His is loaded up, and hers is more basic. But, they really like them. FWD in Fort Wayne, IN, though... :s
    I have no clue how deep they can discount them. Rodo has one for $397 with $397 at signing, but it is gold over black. And I think that is still a bit too much. Around 12% pre-incentive discount on one with $41,810 MSRP that I am eyeing would be about $375 with $375 at signing. A little more reasonable, and very close to where she was with the X2 with similar MSRP.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

edited April 2021
    Oh wait. I goofed. Was running that on 36 instead of 39 mos. Plus I forgot about Ford’s sticker trickery, which changes MSRP vs sale price. So more like $345/mo all in. There is a blue one close to home but has black guts and is missing the driving package (adaptive cruise, lane keep, etc). That one should be more like $335.

I don't mind sales people doing follow up...matter of fact, I expect it. But, once I inform them that I bought something other than what their dealership sells, I expect they stop the calls, texts and emails. Some do....some don't.

I think the Toyota sales person is a "green pea". Nice girl. Probably in her 20s. Guessing fresh out of dealership sales training. I don't have an issue with that. But, her manager(s) are obviously telling her to hammer on every lead and up she has in her database, me being one of them.

That's kind of surprising given I've dealt with this particular Toyota store in the past. And, they'd previously been pretty laid back when it came to sales....never this hard core.

The rest were all quite good. Volvo and Acura were exceptional. That said, I've bought quite a few cars from my Acura store. Their sales people are ALL veterans. I personally know the GM (who's been with the dealership since Acura was introduced to the U.S.), the SM and my sales person. All of them have 20+ years with the dealership. They know how I deal and there is no negotiation, per se. The deal is always a few hundred over invoice, no doc fee, (if) any incentives go to me.

The Volvo sales person was probably in his 20s, also. But, he was quite knowledgeable and obviously a Volvo veteran sales person. Very laid back. Checked with me once via phone. I explained to him I bought an Acura. He said "fine choice....whenever you need something new or used, give me a shout and I'll find it". Good to know and perhaps he and I will talk again as he was a pleasure to deal with.

BMW....I've bought from my BMW sales person in the past. Again, same thing...very knowledgeable. He's been at the same BMW dealership for 30 years. He knows how I deal. If I would have pulled the trigger on the 3 Series (and actually came very close, except I wanted to drive the new TLX first), it would have been an easy deal, given our history with each other.

Ford....the dealership I've bought any Fords from is no longer in existence. So, the one I test drove the Bronco Sport had another "newbie". Excited about his product (nothing wrong with that) to the point of being a bit hyper (take deep breaths, my friend). But, another sales person fresh out of car sales training...doing all the "trial closes" in the book.

-"what would it take to get you into this great Bronco TODAY?"
    -"while we're on the test drive, let my manager give you a price on your Stinger"
    -"while your here, may as well fill out a credit app to save time"
    -"what would keep you from buying today?'

And, the always popular....

-"if we (fill in the blank of any number of false promises), would you buy this Bronco, today?"

Give him credit, he used his ABCs (always be closing) every chance he could.
    <

-"what would it take to get you into this great Bronco TODAY?"
    -"while we're on the test drive, let my manager give you a price on your Stinger"
    -"while your here, may as well fill out a credit app to save time"
    -"what would keep you from buying today?'

And, the always popular....

-"if we (fill in the blank of any number of false promises), would you buy this Bronco, today?"

Give him credit, he used his ABCs (always be closing) every chance he could.

And every "No" gets you closer to a 'Yes".

sda said:

I'll always remember checking out a used Mustang at a Ford dealer a long time ago, which I didn't like very much. We were chatting about cars on the lot and he said something about an A6 2.7T they had. I said something like "well, yeah, that's fantastic, but way out of my budget." He then tried "if I can get you a price that you like, would you buy it today?"
    I said "Oh, absolutely. ...but you aren't going to get that price because it is way less than you have in it, unless you stole it." Then he even tried the puppy dog close and let me have it for the weekend. I said "sure, I'll take it for the weekend, but it won't help you sell it." For some reason, he went to talk to the manager about it anyway. He came back disappointed that the manager said no. lol.

edited April 2021

Did they ever find your friend’s truck? I can’t believe people are stealing 20 year old trucks for anything other than a joy ride.

No, nothing. The police called him once about it several weeks ago, and provided a description, but it wasn't his (the only similarity was the color).

Apparently, these turn-of-the-century pickups and similarly-aged minivans are favorites of the low-life thief/druggie crowd. They are easy to steal and can haul a lot of stuff fairly anonymously because they are so ubiquitous on the road.

edited April 2021
    stickguy said:

Our WD are both Samsung. Not all that new at this point. They do a good job, and play a nice tune when done! Fridge is LG though.

Hopefully the WD keep chugging along. I have zero interest in spending money on new ones before we finally move (and hopefully leave them behind). Knock wood.

I'm glad to hear that you and @corvette both have reasonable luck with yours! I bought mine slightly used from a good friend when they moved away, but they were, perhaps, 18 months used at that point. in the 2.5 years I have had them, I had to replace the motor controller and hall sensor on the washer, the heating element on the dryer, and now the bearings on the washer! The rollers on the dryer are also on their way out, but I'm holding off until the noise becomes less tolerable than it is now.

Luckily, I was able to diagnose and repair the washer myself, but there was still around $300 in parts I had to put in between the three fixes. The dryer cost nothing because I have an amazing kid who kept the heating element out of our old dryer for a "project," and he was able to repurpose it into the part for the Samsung to get it running again for no additional cost!

Had I need of a service person for the repairs, there's no way I would still have those appliances. That's just a wasteful shame, and any manufacturer who produces that kind of junk should be fined heavily for such atrocities.
    edited April 2021
    My parents got a Kenmore set when they got married in 1970. I remember 1 semi major repair and they finally gave up the ghost when I graduated HS in 1990.

@qbrozen - I like the Edge and would be interested to hear her opinions. Some friends drove one and weren’t impressed with the power so that may be a concern coming from the X2.

Re: Sales calls - I prefer text or email follow ups from sales people, its just easier to deal with for me. The Honda dealer I was working with sent one follow up text after I passed on the Pilot basically saying ‘keep me in mind for the future’ and I definitely will. Very low pressure shop.

Re: Sales tactics - I drove a GTI at an Autonation VW dealer a few years ago and got the same spiel @graphicguy got on the Bronco Sport. Poor sales guy was as green as they come and practically reading from a script. Unfortunately, my BMW dealer I have always used has turned into a churn and burn shop with their sales staff and I get a little of that from them now.

• dad23dad23 Member Posts: 866
    edited April 2021
    I had a few follow-ups after we acquired the Tacoma, I responded like @breld, leave that bridge open for the future. The dealer where I knew one of the sales managers followed up a few times, even after I told them we were good. I received a call from the sales manager about a month out, asking what he could do to get me back in. I again said I was good, had already told the other few guys that had called, the Tacoma was already in our garage. He then asked me to send him a picture, so I did, but not of the truck...
    au1994 said:

qbrozen - I like the Edge and would be interested to hear her opinions. Some friends drove one and weren’t impressed with the power so that may be a concern coming from the X2

The 2.0T with 250hp? I know it isn’t a rocket but mid 6s to 60 isn’t exactly bad. I think it should be pretty close to the x2. But we’ll see (if we see).

The rollers and heating element went in our Samsung dryer too. The repairman could not find a Samsung heating element, it would have needed to be ordered. But...he knew a Whirlpool part would fit instead. So out of a Whirlpool box, a new heating element was installed and worked. I suspect it the part was made by the same manufacturer for both Samsung and Whirlpool.

This is gorgeous. But oh, why ruin it with a black interior ? But got all the option boxes ticked it seems.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rk4WL7jQ/2020-volvo-v90-t6-r-design-awd

stickguy said:

This is gorgeous. But oh, why ruin it with a black interior ? But got all the option boxes ticked it seems.

Wow,wow,wow...I don’t care for black interior either but would take it in that in a heartbeat.

qbrozen said:

au1994 said:

qbrozen - I like the Edge and would be interested to hear her opinions. Some friends drove one and weren’t impressed with the power so that may be a concern coming from the X2

The 2.0T with 250hp? I know it isn’t a rocket but mid 6s to 60 isn’t exactly bad. I think it should be pretty close to the x2. But we’ll see (if we see).
    It was being cross shopped against an Accord 2.0T of all things so I think the seat-of-the-pants-o-meter led them to say that,

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,852
    stickguy said:

Nice wagon. Not 100% sure but aren’t all R-design Volvos black inside?

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,852
    That is just wild. Take the money and run.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

Yeah, definitely take it and run! Maybe change your address, too, just in case they come looking.

Oh, wait. Nevermind; she's already changing her address! :D
    yes, we are taking the money and running. for this jackpot I will let her use my car to go to the gym in the mornings.

But with the frequency at which she moves, she never bothers to change her address. Just keeps it at our house!

stickguy said:

yes, we are taking the money and running. for this jackpot I will let her use my car to go to the gym in the mornings.

But with the frequency at which she moves, she never bothers to change her address. Just keeps it at our house!

You should take a "daddy tax." Hahahaha. I used to do that with my kids for their Halloween candy: I get 10%. But, applies to situations like this, too, where the kid gets some major mooch benefits based on your generosity!
    I should have given her the 12k I was going to, and flipped it myself!

heck, I thought about listing it on marketplace to try and private sale it, and maybe get cheeky and ask $14,995. Glad to be avoiding that hassle.

• benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    edited April 2021
    When I was a kid in the early 1970s I used to leaf through the pages of the huge annual Sears catalog. One of my favorite sections was for the washing machines, including "Sears' Best," which was a push button machine that looked futuristic. Fast forward to about 2005, and my wife and I finally decided to get the best front loading washing machine from Sears, which was about $1200 or so. The salesperson advised us to get the extended warranty, and even mentioned that these machines were not always reliable, and so we did. The machine failed multiple times, including flooding our laundry room once. In fact, it failed so many times that it triggered the automatic lemon part of the extended warranty, which meant we got a brand-new washer for free. This time we went with LG, which we've been using for something like a dozen years without any problems that I can recall. Knock on wood. Seems like it's a really well-engineered machine, living up to the dreams I had of fancy washing machines when I was a kid.

2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
    au1994 said:

stickguy said:

Wow,wow,wow...I don’t care for black interior either but would take it in that in a heartbeat.
    I like that, too.....especially that gorgeous blue. Agree about the black interior. What is it with car manufacturers who overwhelmingly make cars with black interiors and dealerships who overwhelmingly order them?

Is it somehow less expensive to make black interiors vs other colors (say, red, for example)?
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,029
    I've had my LG front-loader for maybe a dozen years. They make good washers, although mine had the board for the LED display flake out a few years ago and the part is NLA. Probably could be fixed by someone who knows that they're doing but I can't be bothered.

Clothes washers seem to have taken a big step backwards over time. While they may be more energy and water-efficient now, the old ones lasted forever. When I moved into this house in '97 it had a Sears Kenmore set from the early '80s that lasted until 2010 with just minor repairs. My parents had this classic Maytag set from the '70s that were almost indestructible that they never should have stopped making.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

When I was fresh out of college and as broke as a watch with no hands, I would go to Sears to outfit my quite modest apartment, which luxuriously, had a washer/dryer hookup. Remember the appliance sales person showing me their “top of the line”. As I told him how much I had to spend, he took me to the area, way back in the dept, where there were the “scratch and dent” appliances. That’s where I shopped back then....scratch and dent!

Most of that crap is computer generated. When I’ve told to stop via email it comes back as undeliverable.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

xwesx said:

No, nothing. The police called him once about it several weeks ago, and provided a description, but it wasn't his (the only similarity was the color).

Apparently, these turn-of-the-century pickups and similarly-aged minivans are favorites of the low-life thief/druggie crowd. They are easy to steal and can haul a lot of stuff fairly anonymously because they are so ubiquitous on the road.

You’d have to be pretty low life to steal a 20 year old minivan. Maybe they use it to steal packages off porches.

At least an old pick up has some potential to restomod.