Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 RST w/RMT Off-Road Lift Package: Purchase/Dealer Incentives/Dealer Invoice

wayoutwestwayoutwest Member Posts: 14
edited March 2021 in Chevrolet
2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 RST, EcoTec3 6.2L V8 4WD, All Star Plus Package + RMT Dealer Lift/Accessories

Stickered MSRP on truck is $59k + $18k in dealer installed RMT Overland/Offroad lift package. Total MSRP $77k

Asking advertised price is $72,500

Current public incentives include $4250 Customer Cash (which equates to 5.86% of the asking price on this truck and would take today's asking price to $68,332) or 0% APR financing through GM financial.

---
I am purchasing, not leasing. Located in Denver, Colorado.

Would like to take advantage of the GM 0% APR financing but I understand the dealer will be less likely to move off the current $72,500 asking price if I go that route. In that event, I've got proof of pre-qual bank financing so I can take that obstacle out of the equation.

My questions are:

- What would you estimate the dealer invoice to be on the truck (from the manufacturer)?
- What would you estimate the dealer invoice to be on the aftermarket RMT lift?
- Are there currently any unpublished internal GM to dealer incentives that would increase the 3% dealer holdback that they already receive?

I'm trying to gauge what the total dealer invoice is, aka my target price, to see how far below $72,500 I should be aiming. I have not yet met with the dealer or asked to see their invoices.

Appreciate the thoughts!

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042

2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 RST, EcoTec3 6.2L V8 4WD, All Star Plus Package + RMT Dealer Lift/Accessories

Stickered MSRP on truck is $59k + $18k in dealer installed RMT Overland/Offroad lift package. Total MSRP $77k

Asking advertised price is $72,500

Current public incentives include $4250 Customer Cash (which equates to 5.86% of the asking price on this truck and would take today's asking price to $68,332) or 0% APR financing through GM financial.

---
    I am purchasing, not leasing. Located in Denver, Colorado.

Would like to take advantage of the GM 0% APR financing but I understand the dealer will be less likely to move off the current $72,500 asking price if I go that route. In that event, I've got proof of pre-qual bank financing so I can take that obstacle out of the equation.

My questions are:

- What would you estimate the dealer invoice to be on the truck (from the manufacturer)?
    - What would you estimate the dealer invoice to be on the aftermarket RMT lift?
    - Are there currently any unpublished internal GM to dealer incentives that would increase the 3% dealer holdback that they already receive?

I'm trying to gauge what the total dealer invoice is, aka my target price, to see how far below $72,500 I should be aiming. I have not yet met with the dealer or asked to see their invoices.

Appreciate the thoughts!

This is the only price information we have

And, likely no way of knowing the invoice price of the $18K package.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• callegnrgcallegnrg Member Posts: 36
    The $18k packagege is marked up at least 100%, for example our cost 3 years ago on F-150 SCA Black widow was $14,750 for the top package. But for a 6" lift, 35x12.5 R20 tire and 20x9 wheel, and auto side steps, and couple other little things, locking lug, calibration, etc. we were about $7,500. What you are looking at is similar to SCA (they actually may have purchased them) but the only added value to SCA other than the look is they maintain 100% factory warranty on everything. My guess (educated) is roughly $11,500 is what the dealer paid. Remember the dealer is making their money on the lift, not the truck Invoice on that truck Via Chevrolet.com is roughly $51k not including holdbacks. You should be able to get it for $63k if the dealer participates in a Costo Auto discounts (the incentives stack) or you have access to educator discount or supplier discount. If you want to send the stock number I can get you my exact price on it which is 2% back of dealer invoice minus all incentives.
  • wayoutwestwayoutwest Member Posts: 14
    callegnrg said:

The $18k packagege is marked up at least 100%, for example our cost 3 years ago on F-150 SCA Black widow was $14,750 for the top package. But for a 6" lift, 35x12.5 R20 tire and 20x9 wheel, and auto side steps, and couple other little things, locking lug, calibration, etc. we were about $7,500. What you are looking at is similar to SCA (they actually may have purchased them) but the only added value to SCA other than the look is they maintain 100% factory warranty on everything. My guess (educated) is roughly $11,500 is what the dealer paid. Remember the dealer is making their money on the lift, not the truck Invoice on that truck Via Chevrolet.com is roughly $51k not including holdbacks. You should be able to get it for $63k if the dealer participates in a Costo Auto discounts (the incentives stack) or you have access to educator discount or supplier discount. If you want to send the stock number I can get you my exact price on it which is 2% back of dealer invoice minus all incentives.

Many thanks! I actually went ahead and purchased another vehicle but thats great info for other potential buyers.