Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Plus, the Mitsubishi makes it worse, with the taillights running across the rear window lower edge...

The Aztek was ahead of it's time, for sure

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,096
    New unplated Challenger Hellcat widebody parked on the street near me.
    At the dealer now in for service B and winter tire change out. Unusual ones in the showroom - AMG GT43 "coupe", decently optioned, 99K MSRP, and a C63S convertible with a "sold" sign - surprising in this SUV/CUV area.
    Also GLA45, 70K MSRP.
    fintail said:

Also GLA45, 70K MSRP.

That is hilarious

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,121
    kyfdx said:

fintail said:

Also GLA45, 70K MSRP.

That is hilarious
    I couldn't respond, I was so stunned by that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    Today, a new style Corolla sedan. Front end looks much nicer. Either the first one I have seen, or only one that registered on my brain.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

edited March 2021
    Also a GLC43, 75K MSRP. Didn't see anything else insanely rare on the lot. Only E in stock is the E53 that was there when I visited in November.

The GLA was pretty loaded, HUD, distronic, 2K wheel option, etc, but still, 70K is a bit dear for something like that.

Pretty decent dealer experience on my second visit. Finished ahead of promised time, clean modern facility, and the same compliments on the wagon as before.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    fintail said:

Also GLA45, 70K MSRP.

That’s like 25% in options. Yikes.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

And much wilder when compared to a non-AMG, I think they had a more basic one with a ~42K sticker.
    qbrozen said:

That’s like 25% in options. Yikes.

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    Reminds me when the A6 had a $6K B&O Audio system option. Probably a good value compared to the lackluster $1K version.

Then some people think special order option paint is outrageously priced, while others think it's a bargain. Yet others say; why not just wrap it?
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    My personal issue with options is that the value of many of them is next to nothing when you go to sell it. Beyond the real luxury basics, like leather and moonroof, and beyond performance options, it is money you need to be comfortable knowing Is 100% gone when you sign on the line.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

I have always heard you do better buying the base version of a fancier car, than a loaded up version of a lower line model.

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,686
    Jag I-Pace tonight, the BEV. I like it, looked big, yet somehow sleek in motion.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• jpp75jpp75 Member Posts: 1,535

Jag I-Pace tonight, the BEV. I like it, looked big, yet somehow sleek in motion.

I really like the I-Pace. Last summer before I got the Model3 I drove an Audi eTron, as @breld has noted the driving experience was nice but not what I was looking for, there was a Jag dealer next door and I remembered the IPace and decided to drive one. I loved how it drove, very nimble and tight. I would have gotten one but charging was an issue for me at the time (no ability to charge at home) so the Tesla Supercharger network made my decision for me.
    Most reviews I"ve read have put the I-Pace over the e-Tron, Jpp. Much better driving experience. But, slow charging, which I believe Jag is improving for the '21s, if they ever get here. I'm worried about the marque.

I had the same issue, nowhere to charge an electric at home. But, moving in with the fiance, I can plug in to her 120 in the garage (s.....l.....o.....w). And, I bought a PHEV, so no worries about running out of electrons.

I'll consider a 240v when we move next year, in the new home.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

if they are building it to order for you, should see if can just have it built in. In theory, should be cheaper to have it done then.

stickguy said:

if they are building it to order for you, should see if can just have it built in. In theory, should be cheaper to have it done then.

Good point, and question to ask. There is some serious brainpower on this site, beyond mine, obviously.

New style Kia Sorrento. Not bad looking for a mid-sized CUV.

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,685
    I got a REAL close look at a new McLaren - it almost pulled over into me on the drive home from work. As to which model, I don't know, I can't keep all their numbers straight.
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,029
    Saw my first new-design Buick Envision at the dealer today. It looks a LOT smaller then the outgoing one, just a bit bigger than an Encore. Pleasant enough design though nothing too groundbreaking.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

Envision still made in China?
    Kia Seltos. Top trim.

Looked inoffensive. I think it's in the CR-V, RAV4 class?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Size below. Looks bigger than it is. More of a CX3, HRV competitor.

Followed a Caddy CT4, something about the rear end just doesn't look right to me:
    The CT4 rear end is a very unhappy design. Only GM could take the best-looking Caddy design, the ATS, and make it the worst (IMO).

The CT4 reminds me of the rear of an RX350, another mistake:
    edited April 2021
    At least the CT4 doesn't have the lame narrow floating C-pillar, a really awful fad.

Saw an electric Mustang sedan on the road.
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,852
    texases said:

The CT4 reminds me of the rear of an RX350, another mistake:

There are too many styling mistakes on the RX to count. It may be the ugliest “luxury” SUV out there.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

Oh, I know, but I was just trying to avoid looking at all the others... :s
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    texases said:

Followed a Caddy CT4, something about the rear end just doesn't look right to me:

It has a set of rear taillights like a Yaris. Nissan and toyota both had low end models that looked, well, cheap.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Little reminiscent of the 70s era bustlebacks.

• tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,591
    I've now seen a number of C8's in the wild. I will acknowledge that the design seems pretty color sensitive, but overall, I'm just not a fan. I admire the capability, but there's just too much going on here for me-

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

I agree. Even calmed down as much as possible with a black paint job and plain silver wheels, it's just too busy

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,256
    I saw my first C8 Corvette today coming at me head on.
    Instantly recognizable as a Corvette.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    I can’t watch this video at the moment, but I’ve seen others...

Escalade and Navigator should be scared.

That whole class of car befuddles me. Just, why?

Because they sell and make money.

In all honesty it’s a do all vehicle. Tons of cargo and people hauling, can tow anything and still be luxurious. If I had the budget I wouldn’t throw a Navigator out of my garage for the family.

For just me, I’d prefer a sedan every time.

The biggest thing that is going to hold back the G-W is the ancient engines.

Even if they drop the Hellcat motor into one?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Michaell said:

Even if they drop the Hellcat motor into one?
    so a T Rex 4 door?

@michaell,
    Might sell some in the short run, but not too many people are going to be happy with 7-9 mpg in normal driving.

@michaell,
    Might sell some in the short run, but not too many people are going to be happy with 7-9 mpg in normal driving.

Like the regular 5.7 Hemi will get much better MPG, in something that big. Gotta be 2.5 tons, at least.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Saw a new Rogue, seems much bigger than previous gen.
    Also, a new Elantra, looks much sportier than previous gen.

Nah. Plenty of companies milk their engines for all they are worth. The Pentastar is only 9 yrs old. The 5.7 hemi dates back about 17-18 yrs. BMW used the M30 for damned near 30 years and nobody complained.

I have seen a few new Elantras. Definitely distinctive styling.

Also, a new Elantra, looks much sportier than previous gen.

For whatever reason they are already all over the roads around here. A hard pass from me. More evidence of Hyundai torturing sheet metal without mercy.

From what I understand, for now the options for the G-W is the 5.7 or 6.4, both ancient.

From what I understand, for now the options for the G-W is the 5.7 or 6.4, both ancient.

Would you rather a boosted 4-cyl like everyone else? I’m quite happy with my “antique” 5.7. Not sure what I could gain from a newly designed V8. My LT1 is even older, and I certainly won’t complain about that, either. A twin-turbo 6 is nice and all, but doesn’t sound nearly the same, adds complexity, and gains absolutely nothing (despite claim of increased efficiency, real-world results prove otherwise). So, I ask, what would the company gain by designing and engineering another V8?