Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,513

wow. hope they get some soon!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604

@au1994 said:

@breld said:
    Wife and I discussed what will replace the X3 - I brought up the sensible option of keeping it if we're just gonna turn around and replace it with something similar in a few months. Not that I don't welcome saving the payment for a little while and, most significantly, another shopping experience.

She immediately said she'd rather give up the X3 and sort of surprised me by saying she'd prefer something larger in the garage. Her point was that if we're gonna have an extra vehicle like that, why not have something that hits all the points for things like extra hauling capacity, room for family when needed, road trips, etc. The idea would be to have something with that kind of utility that we can actually just keep while we turn our personal/fun cars as we please. We've had that goal for awhile and keep inventing reasons to trade out any and all our vehicles, but we'd certainly like to make a concerted effort.

An XC90 is one of the top choices that we both like a lot, but I'm also taking a closer look at the new MDX. I like the new Acura styling a lot, and a new one is not exorbitantly more than a used Volvo, BMW, etc.

Go big or go home...Tahoe in High Country trim. You liked your Durango with the Hemi so you might appreciate a big ‘Murican SUV with a V8. Or get the Suburban version and haul everybody you know and a few you don’t.

Presumably he wants a third row. Maybe something like a Q7, or a Discovery could fit the bill.

Sorry breld, but the ball was already at the rim.

But an extra vehicle for utility, hauling, family road trips, etc that's nice to drive? You don't want to hear this, but loaded Pacifica. Sorry, but it's true.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289

@qbrozen said:
    Nice. Would have had this sooner had I remembered to send them the bill of lading.

I learn something new every day. I had no idea that Vroom was same-same Texas Direct Auto. I have done business with Texas Direct Auto several times, they are from right here in Houston. They started off selling cars on Ebay, they did not have a showroom or salesman or any of the usual car dealer overhead.

2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,262

If I were buying it as an “extra” vehicle that might not be driven frequently, I’m not sure I’d go with a loaded one. Also, I know we’ve discussed the hybrid recently. I think C&D had a long term one for 40k miles and had a bunch of issues related to the hybrid system, but it was otherwise dependable. They recommended buying the ICE-only model.

@tifighter said:

@au1994 said:

@breld said:
    Wife and I discussed what will replace the X3 - I brought up the sensible option of keeping it if we're just gonna turn around and replace it with something similar in a few months. Not that I don't welcome saving the payment for a little while and, most significantly, another shopping experience.

She immediately said she'd rather give up the X3 and sort of surprised me by saying she'd prefer something larger in the garage. Her point was that if we're gonna have an extra vehicle like that, why not have something that hits all the points for things like extra hauling capacity, room for family when needed, road trips, etc. The idea would be to have something with that kind of utility that we can actually just keep while we turn our personal/fun cars as we please. We've had that goal for awhile and keep inventing reasons to trade out any and all our vehicles, but we'd certainly like to make a concerted effort.

An XC90 is one of the top choices that we both like a lot, but I'm also taking a closer look at the new MDX. I like the new Acura styling a lot, and a new one is not exorbitantly more than a used Volvo, BMW, etc.

Go big or go home...Tahoe in High Country trim. You liked your Durango with the Hemi so you might appreciate a big ‘Murican SUV with a V8. Or get the Suburban version and haul everybody you know and a few you don’t.

Presumably he wants a third row. Maybe something like a Q7, or a Discovery could fit the bill.

But an extra vehicle for utility, hauling, family road trips, etc that's nice to drive? You don't want to hear this, but loaded Pacifica. Sorry, but it's true.

LOL. I remember several years back one of the regulars laid out a laundry list of what he wanted in his next vehicle. 3 row seating, power lift gate, this, that, and the other. It was a near perfect description of a loaded out minivan. I kept waiting for someone to mention that, and eventually someone did. His response? "But I would never own a minivan!!!"

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,385

I remember Texas Direct Auto having a huge eBay business. Some of the best postings around.

2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI

@henryn said:

@tifighter said:

@au1994 said:

@breld said:

LOL. I remember several years back one of the regulars laid out a laundry list of what he wanted in his next vehicle. 3 row seating, power lift gate, this, that, and the other. It was a near perfect description of a loaded out minivan. I kept waiting for someone to mention that, and eventually someone did. His response? "But I would never own a minivan!!!"

I'm finding the Tundra quite unwieldy in city parking lots, but try to mitigate by parking far away, when I can. I miss the shorter wheelbase of the Tahoe. The Pacifica looks nice--now that you can get it with AWD, it might be a contender when the lease is up, contingent upon the used car market stabilizing and being able to score a used one at a decent price, plus acceptable reliability reports.

@28firefighter said:
    I remember Texas Direct Auto having a huge eBay business. Some of the best postings around.

Yes, in their infancy, it seemed like they offered good bargains, but prices increased as they got bigger and more popular. I guess they merged with Vroom, or are somehow affiliated?

• tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604

@corvette said:
    If I were buying it as an “extra” vehicle that might not be driven frequently, I’m not sure I’d go with a loaded one.

Well, it's being compared to a XC90 and a MDX, so it should be a nice one. I saw some youtube review of the pinnacle trim, and it looked pretty plush. But I'd personally go for the most loaded one that still has the stow and go seats. Looks like you can get the Limited with awd and stowing seats, which has to be as close as a vehicle gets to a swiss army knife.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968

No more Transit van at work, got a 2021 Chrysler Voyager yesterday afternoon as our chase. Somehow, I've gotten the title of driver now, which I really don't mind. We have a group of 4 of us, original 4 which is great. Guessing with my spinal issues and having that little run in with the t v cart on Monday which has made walking that much more difficult, the others thought it wold be easier for me to just sit all day and drive the chase. We chose a gray Voyager and as of last night, there were three more red Voyagers in our lot. just hope we can get the same one each day we work. It's got Sirius/XM so I'm in heaven actually and if something cool turns up that we need to move, sure my lead will let me do them as he knows what I really like. We knew this ws coming so we're all thrilled!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968

Think I mentioned about that shuttle drivers gig at the local Toyota dealer. Turned it down the first time as the days were an issue. Had second thoughts and called back on Friday and had my interview on Monday morning. Got a voicemail that afternoon about the new three day schedule and to find out when could I come in to meet the big boss. About dinner time, after having agonized over it for days now, I texted the hiring guy that I really appreciate the invite but working 6 days a week is more than I want to do right now. Thanked him for considering me and said, if y'all ever want a river for just 2 days a week, the afternoons, please give me a holler and I'll do it. Funny thing is I've been trying for years to get a shuttle drive job at one of the dealers right near the house and now that it's finally happened, I turn it down. Bummer really but I don't ant to push my body as I know my limitations.
    Go for breakfast Tuesday before work and get a text! Two days a week is doable so please come in today to meet the big guy and schedule the urine test! Text back that I'm working the next couple of days but can come by Thursday after my 3 PM dental appointment, so that's where we stand now. Saturday and Monday afternoons from 12:30 to 6 but won't be surprised if they ask me to start around 11 which would work. Still have Thursday and Sunday as my n/s days so I can do the things I need to, and rest up a bit. So, we'll see how this works out but think it's totally doable. Pay is only $9.00/hour but can live with that. From what I saw, they use some Camry's, Prius's and a Sienna minivan as their shuttle vehicles which works great for me, especially the Sienna's. They all have the Toyota and owners name on them which is probably a great marketing tool.
    So, we're going to give this a whirl as they've really bent over backwards to want me. Using my cane didn't seem to be an issue and the guy never brought it up. Figured I'd not mention it either. Think the shuttle area will be Broward County, Miami-Dade County and Palm Beach County but the tri-county area isn't that far away really. Seems they like having retirees doing this job so works for me. Truthfully, I really only wanted another day at Enterprise but at this juncture, that ain't happening so, I'll see how this works out. Those hours, I'm usually home anyways just hanging out or napping. Or out & about spending money so working those 11 hours should work out fine. But, I really agonized over all this and knew that working those 6 days wold be fine at first but eventually would be an issue.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,380

@tifighter said:

@au1994 said:

@breld said:

He did a Discovery sometime back. Terrible service at the dealer for a few issues led to its trade if I recall.

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,646

@Sandman6472 said:
    No more Transit van at work, got a 2021 Chrysler Voyager yesterday afternoon as our chase. Somehow, I've gotten the title of driver now, which I really don't mind. We have a group of 4 of us, original 4 which is great. Guessing with my spinal issues and having that little run in with the t v cart on Monday which has made walking that much more difficult, the others thought it wold be easier for me to just sit all day and drive the chase. We chose a gray Voyager and as of last night, there were three more red Voyagers in our lot. just hope we can get the same one each day we work. It's got Sirius/XM so I'm in heaven actually and if something cool turns up that we need to move, sure my lead will let me do them as he knows what I really like. We knew this ws coming so we're all thrilled!

It’s certainly the light at the end if the tunnel. Normal will be when we go back to 6 packs in the mini van and I can claim my favorite sleeping spot in the back. :p

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

@Sandman6472 said:
    Think I mentioned about that shuttle drivers gig at the local Toyota dealer. Turned it down the first time as the days were an issue. Had second thoughts and called back on Friday and had my interview on Monday morning. Got a voicemail that afternoon about the new three day schedule and to find out when could I come in to meet the big boss. About dinner time, after having agonized over it for days now, I texted the hiring guy that I really appreciate the invite but working 6 days a week is more than I want to do right now. Thanked him for considering me and said, if y'all ever want a river for just 2 days a week, the afternoons, please give me a holler and I'll do it. Funny thing is I've been trying for years to get a shuttle drive job at one of the dealers right near the house and now that it's finally happened, I turn it down. Bummer really but I don't ant to push my body as I know my limitations.
    Go for breakfast Tuesday before work and get a text! Two days a week is doable so please come in today to meet the big guy and schedule the urine test! Text back that I'm working the next couple of days but can come by Thursday after my 3 PM dental appointment, so that's where we stand now. Saturday and Monday afternoons from 12:30 to 6 but won't be surprised if they ask me to start around 11 which would work. Still have Thursday and Sunday as my n/s days so I can do the things I need to, and rest up a bit. So, we'll see how this works out but think it's totally doable. Pay is only $9.00/hour but can live with that. From what I saw, they use some Camry's, Prius's and a Sienna minivan as their shuttle vehicles which works great for me, especially the Sienna's. They all have the Toyota and owners name on them which is probably a great marketing tool.
    So, we're going to give this a whirl as they've really bent over backwards to want me. Using my cane didn't seem to be an issue and the guy never brought it up. Figured I'd not mention it either. Think the shuttle area will be Broward County, Miami-Dade County and Palm Beach County but the tri-county area isn't that far away really. Seems they like having retirees doing this job so works for me. Truthfully, I really only wanted another day at Enterprise but at this juncture, that ain't happening so, I'll see how this works out. Those hours, I'm usually home anyways just hanging out or napping. Or out & about spending money so working those 11 hours should work out fine. But, I really agonized over all this and knew that working those 6 days wold be fine at first but eventually would be an issue.

They gave you a drug test? Gee, Enterprise doesn’t, even when cars get crashed. Which I think is when they should.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

@kyfdx said:
    F-150s from the plant in Louisville. Being held at Kentucky Speedway, until chip modules are available. (About 60 miles away).

That’s a lotta chips.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,761

@au1994 said:

@kyfdx said:
    F-150s from the plant in Louisville. Being held at Kentucky Speedway, until chip modules are available. (About 60 miles away).

That’s a lotta chips.

I think the capacity of that particular parking lot is about 5000 cars

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665

@oldfarmer50 said:

@stickguy said:
    I think the old $1k cars are now $2,000-2,500 (runs but ugly) and the old $5k units (decent shape, higher miles maybe but overall solid basic transportation) now push $10k.

Here’s a bargain for you.

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/d/linden-2010-mercury-grand-marquis-ls/7308513999.html

Exactly what my late Mother’s looked like. I still regret selling it after she passed. She kept bed linens on the seats and a cover on the dash, even though it was always garaged. IIRC it had 32K miles on it when I sold it and ran perfectly. I think the last year of her life, it was maybe driven 500 miles.

2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665

@breld …didn’t get to drive it, but sat in the new MDX in the showroom when I was picking up my TLX. Man, Acura did a nice job on the redesign. It was what they called “Superman” edition….that gorgeous blue Pearl outside with red leather inside. Beautiful.

2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,348

M2 C prices are steady or increasing. Most manuals are north of $55k. The M340i has dropped another $1k, but it’s too big to be a 3er- it’s about the size of an E39. And it’s not an ///M car. My center also just took in an F13 M6 Gran Coupe. Inexpensive enough at $39k, but I’m a bit gun shy of the S63T.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

Some good news for qbrozen and his hemi tick. Car Wizard says not to worry.
    https://youtu.be/5Kly9iIfi4Q

@tjc78 said:
    Wife’s XC has a new recliner in it for the shore, Mom was out with her RAV. Progress had to be made in the front gardens and I needed 15 more bags of mulch to finish.

Not pretty but it worked. Learned that the S60 has power latches for the rear seat fold down. Took me a few minutes to figure it out.

Very brave hauling that stuff in a light colored interior.

For $9/hour, forget the drug test. Just check for a pulse.

I hope you at least get some tips too!

@oldfarmer50 said:

@tjc78 said:
    Wife’s XC has a new recliner in it for the shore, Mom was out with her RAV. Progress had to be made in the front gardens and I needed 15 more bags of mulch to finish.

Not pretty but it worked. Learned that the S60 has power latches for the rear seat fold down. Took me a few minutes to figure it out.

It’s a lease. Different standards.

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,905

@stickguy said:

@oldfarmer50 said:

@tjc78 said:

Ha ha yes. In all honesty I had some paper lawn bags lining everything the bags were on just in case. The seat backs are black.

I couldn’t believe how far the car sagged down. Do what you gotta do, right?

If I still had my Grand Marquis they would have all fir in the trunk and the air suspension would have pumped up the car level .. lol.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011

@stickguy said:

Different economy in FL.

We pay our part time high schoolers at the cooking studio $13/hr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

@tjc78 said:

@stickguy said:

@oldfarmer50 said:

@tjc78 said:

Ha ha yes. In all honesty I had some paper lawn bags lining everything the bags were on just in case. The seat backs are black.

I couldn’t believe how far the car sagged down. Do what you gotta do, right?

If I still had my Grand Marquis they would have all fir in the trunk and the air suspension would have pumped up the car level .. lol.

But now you can’t make an excuse for needing a truck!

@Michaell said:

@stickguy said:

Different economy in FL.

I’m sending my high schooler to you for the summer.

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,348

Different strokes and all like that, but I consider pickups(excluding the TRX) and minivans to be RWN(Rent When Necessary) vehicles.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

@au1994 said:

@Michaell said:

@stickguy said:

Different economy in FL.

This is very part time work - 20 or so hours a week during the summer, because of camps. Less during the school year.

Probably not enough earnings to pay rent, etc. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

@Michaell said:

@au1994 said:

@Michaell said:

@stickguy said:

Different economy in FL.

This is very part time work - 20 or so hours a week during the summer, because of camps. Less during the school year.

Or food. He’s a growing 15 year old.

@corvette said:

@henryn said:

@tifighter said:

@au1994 said:

@breld said:

I'm finding the Tundra quite unwieldy in city parking lots, but try to mitigate by parking far away, when I can. I miss the shorter wheelbase of the Tahoe. The Pacifica looks nice--now that you can get it with AWD, it might be a contender when the lease is up, contingent upon the used car market stabilizing and being able to score a used one at a decent price, plus acceptable reliability reports.

That was my biggest problem with the F150 SuperCrew, trying to fit that sucker into tight parking spaces. When I set out to run errands, with several stops, I would always pass up the F150 and take the minivan as it was so much easier to park.

@corvette said:

@28firefighter said:

Yes, in their infancy, it seemed like they offered good bargains, but prices increased as they got bigger and more popular. I guess they merged with Vroom, or are somehow affiliated?

I found an article from 2015, it seems Vroom "acquired" Texas Direct Auto. And yes, they (Texas Direct Auto) really did have aggressive pricing in the beginning. Back around 2008 or thereabouts, I was shopping for a Ford Superduty with a diesel engine. Those things are never cheap, they hold their value really well, and Texas Direct Auto (whom I had never heard of) had several of them listed on Ebay for well under average market prices.

@stickguy said:

Sandman, if you're happy, that's what counts. I've never heard of anyone tipping a dealership shuttle driver, but I suppose it does happen. I do tip Uber drivers.

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,977

I saw many cars I was interested in at Texas Direct. My only real issue was they were in Texas, a fair distance to travel. I could not imagine buying a car and having it shipped without seeing it first. I don't recall the return option, if any. I pondered flying to TX and having a fun road trip home, perhaps even circle down to old stomping grounds, New Orleans.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

Could someone remind me of how to change the "cars owned" that shows at the bottom of my posts?

• breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710

A minivan has been brought up once or twice in my wife's and my conversations. Yes, it would certainly be best at meeting all the functional needs we have in mind, but c'mon, we still want to take the opportunity to put something in the garage that we can actually get excited about.

When the kids were younger and were all at home on a more consistent basis, we did have about 6 years of minivan ownership between the Odyssey and Sedona, so we absolutely recognize the benefits. Those sliding doors and ease of getting in and out of the 3rd row were amazing when we were running around with 4 kids, including one with special needs.

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710

@graphicguy said:
    @breld …didn’t get to drive it, but sat in the new MDX in the showroom when I was picking up my TLX. Man, Acura did a nice job on the redesign. It was what they called “Superman” edition….that gorgeous blue Pearl outside with red leather inside. Beautiful.

That's exactly the color combo that caught my wife's eye, and she's generally not a fan of the Japanese brands' styling. Though we did think perhaps the silver or gray would be a better compliment to the red interior. But then I brought up the Advance model and she liked the Espresso leather with piping.

So, we'll see. It would be nice to be patient enough to wait for some traditional Acura discounts. That will likely require renting a minivan or SUV for a few roadtrips this summer - something we have always discussed as an option but have rarely done.

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

@au1994 said:

@Michaell said:

@au1994 said:

@Michaell said:

@stickguy said:

Different economy in FL.

Yikes. I remember when the stepkids were teenagers. It was a constant battle to keep enough food in the house.

Even now, when the stepson and his wife visit, we have to make sure we have more than normal supplies of food and drink for them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:

@au1994 said:

@Michaell said:

@au1994 said:

@Michaell said:

@stickguy said:

Different economy in FL.

Yikes. I remember when the stepkids were teenagers. It was a constant battle to keep enough food in the house.

Even now, when the stepson and his wife visit, we have to make sure we have more than normal supplies of food and drink for them.

Oh yeah. After one too many times of hoping off the bike, looking for a bar and coming up with an empty box, we have a stash of bars, crackers, cookies etc in our bathroom cabinets. :smile:

• benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311

@breld said:
    A minivan has been brought up once or twice in my wife's and my conversations. Yes, it would certainly be best at meeting all the functional needs we have in mind, but c'mon, we still want to take the opportunity to put something in the garage that we can actually get excited about.

When the kids were younger and were all at home on a more consistent basis, we did have about 6 years of minivan ownership between the Odyssey and Sedona, so we absolutely recognize the benefits. Those sliding doors and ease of getting in and out of the 3rd row were amazing when we were running around with 4 kids, including one with special needs.

Starting at about 8 minutes and 30 seconds one of the guys at savagegeese floors in in their Odyssey tester. Since it has a vtec V-6 it actually performs pretty well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H70umBFOtSg&t=640s

2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • dad23dad23 Member Posts: 870

@henryn said:

@stickguy said:

Sandman, if you're happy, that's what counts. I've never heard of anyone tipping a dealership shuttle driver, but I suppose it does happen. I do tip Uber drivers.

The last time I took the shuttle, there was a cup labeled tips in the cup holder between the front seats.

• dad23dad23 Member Posts: 870

@Michaell said:

@au1994 said:

@Michaell said:

@au1994 said:

@Michaell said:

@stickguy said:

Different economy in FL.

You are 110% correct there! We normally shop on Sundays for the week. With three teenage boys in the house, most of it's gone by Wednesday...

edited May 2021

A friend of mine picked up a good deal on a 2018 Lincoln MKZ with only 2000 miles at an estate sale. Original msrp 48k, but they only asked 20k for it. My friend sold his old 2002 Lexus ES to Carmax for 7500, and is now driving around this bright red car that is almost identical to this pic from wikipedia.

@benjaminh said:
    A friend of mine picked up a good deal on a 2018 Lincoln MKZ with only 2000 miles at an estate sale. Original msrp 48k, but they only asked 20k for it. My friend sold his old 2002 Lexus ES to Carmax for 7500, and is now driving around this bright red car that is almost identical to this pic from wikipedia.

Not an unattractive ride. Heck get a Vroomaxana quote on it for S&G’s.

@benjaminh said:

@breld said:

Starting at about 8 minutes and 30 seconds one of the guys at savagegeese floors in in their Odyssey tester. Since it has a vtec V-6 it actually performs pretty well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H70umBFOtSg&t=640s

I was impressed with the V6 in the Pilot I drove.

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,139
    edited May 2021

$7500 for a 19 year old Lexus ES? Excuse me? :)

A friend of mine has had a couple MKZ, likes them, has had no significant issues. His current one is a loaded 2017 model in an odd color combo, kind of a jade green with a similar interior.

@benjaminh said:

edited May 2021

It only had 80k miles and it was in nice shape, but yeah, that's nice cash offer for a car that old—even a Lexus.