Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lease Questions - Ask Here

Comments

• flbuyerflbuyer Member Posts: 11
    Hi,

Saw today that the supported lease on a 2005 RL($599/mo for 48mos) has been pulled out of the offer list. Anyone hear or see anything indicating Acura is going to do some other factory support...different special lease, lower MF, etc?

Thanks in advance for any info...

Flbuyer
  • bp714bp714 Member Posts: 18
    Thanks Car-man. You are a lifesaver!

One more thing-- my MSRP and selling price have gone up a bit since my post--more options.!. Now at $51360 with selling price of $49283. The $2000 up front was not a down payment but rather a ballpark estimate of the fees you describe.

Where my calculations fall apart is the taxes. I am subject to 8.75% State and county sales tax on and a 6% per payment Chicago "lease tax".

I have ordered the car and locked in the .00211 MF and 61% residual until I take delivery.

Could you calculate the monthly including tax for me, based on these numbers and associated taxes?

Thanks again--you provide an invaluable service.
  • cc12359cc12359 Member Posts: 31
    Hi Car-man,

I found this leasing special from Edmunds.com
    $679 Monthly Payment Calculate Other Monthly Payments
    39 Month Term
    $3000 Down Payment
    NA Security Deposit
    10000 Annual Mileage
    Restrictions Lease based on 2005 C55AMG with premium package and lighting package.
    Comments $4474 total due at signing. Incentives may vary; see your local dealer for details. Tax, tags and insurance are extra.

can you please provide more detail on this special?
    What if I want to extend the Annual millage from 10k to 15k?
    How to calculate the monthly payment from the money factor?

Thanks so much for your help.

Sam
  • stillageekstillageek Member Posts: 114
    I signed for my first lease a month ago. I tend to trade my cars in after 3 years and figured I was leasing without the benefits. I leased a 2005 Acura TSX/ w/ Navi. The purchase price was $27,995. I had $3997.12 worth of positive of equity in my last car (2003 Toyota Matrix XRS loaded to the gills with just 18K miles, I put 0 down on this car so the $4K is almost found money). I put no cash down, but did put my equity down. They split the equity as follows. $3474.47 capitalized cost reduction, $347.10 first month payment, $125.55 title and registration and a $50 doc fee. The lease is for 39 months with a total of 45K miles. The residual is 16122.80. I now know I should have taken a check from them and had no capitalized cost reduction. Is everything else "ok?" I know they overvalued my trade as it had a door ding, the entire side of the car was repainted due to a separate door ding near the drivers door edge, and the cargo area was well used. Carmax only offered $12,500 the dealer gave me $13,000. . The car is being leased in Texas I assume this is enough info.
  • james_ocjames_oc Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car-Man

Was looking for your opinion on this potential lease, I have been shopping around and here are the final ones I was offered, which sounded the best. You advice and help in advance is greatly appreciated. This is on a BMW Z4 3.0 Roadster...

Option #1
    MSRP is $45,600
    Selling Price: $38600
    $2500 total drive off.
    $495/Month (including tax) for 36 months (12k miles/year)
    Sterling Gray/Black Interior
    3.0 Steptronic Trans., Sports Package, Automatic Top, Xenons, Heated Seats

or

Option #2
    MSRP 48545
    Selling Price 40655.58
    Residual 58% of MSRP = 28156.10
    12000 miles per year
    The total cap cost of the car (amount financed before reduction of residual value) is $39988.00
    Money Factor 0.00215
    2500 Total Drive-Off Down Payment
    $475.17 + 7.75% O.C. sales tax = $512 per month total x 35 months
    3.0 Steptronic Trans., Sports Package, Automatic Top, Xenons, Heated Seats + Premium Package (Only difference from Option #1)

Thank you
  • olysanolysan Member Posts: 16
    Is the $2500 Detroit only, or is it available in other markets? Specifically St. Louis? That would probably seal the deal for me.
  • glockfanglockfan Member Posts: 30
    CRJ1 or Carman,
    Please let us know about the $2500 cash on leasing and the specifics of the 36/36 lease on the Denali. I am ready to purchase. Thanks!
  • horsepower2horsepower2 Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone tell me what the base money factor and residual value is on a 05' BMW 545i?
  • sharmabmwsharmabmw Member Posts: 45
    545i Sedan

24 mo/15k mi – 66% Residual Value – Money Factor .00100 Base Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – 57% Residual Value – Money Factor .00100 Base Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – 40% Residual Value – Money Factor .00270 Base Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – 31% Residual Value – Money Factor .00270 Base Rate

add 2% for 12K, 3% for 10K
  • sharmabmwsharmabmw Member Posts: 45
    Negotiate for base MF

Z4 3.0i Convertible

24 mo/15k mi – 63% Residual Value – Money Factor .00200 Base Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – 56% Residual Value – Money Factor .00200 Base Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – 38% Residual Value – Money Factor .00270 Base Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – 31% Residual Value – Money Factor .00270 Base Rate
    I just got a reply from a local GMC dealer. The $2500 is available in St. Louis but.......

When is $2500 not $2500?

When $1000 is Oldsmobile loyalty cash, and $500 is active military cash.

So friggin typical.

Oh well I guess $1000 is better than nothing.
  • paul138paul138 Member Posts: 31
    Car Man:

I have a question that is on page 1062 #21213.
    Can you check it out?
    Thanks...Paul
  • cagormcagorm Member Posts: 40
    Hi CarMan. I am very close to a lease on a 2005 G35 Sedan 6MT. Will you please post the June residuals/money factors for 36 and 39 month leases with 12,000 miles/yr. Thanks for your help.
    Olysan, Did they tell what the lease payment would be?
  • hpowdershpowders Member Posts: 4,330
    I submitted a lease deal for consideration to BMW but the salesman told me there was the acquisition fee of $725.
    Does anybody know if this is a legitimate fee or is the salesman just padding the deal?
    Thanks.
    hpowders
  • rotwein1rotwein1 Member Posts: 4
    Hey thanks for the very informative and quick reply.
  • gtsharkgtshark Member Posts: 1
    Well, that is debatable hpowders. First, does the dealer have to find the car(perhaps a color not in stock) and send a driver for a dealer trade scenario? If so, depending on distance traveled, that could be an add, however, $725 sounds a bit steep to me. On the other hand, if the car is in stock and/or scheduled to arrive as original dealer stock, then the $725 is just another way of pumping up the profit margin as you suspected. Think of it as "extra dealer added profit", especially if you negotiated the lease payment down from original quote. Just refuse to pay it or have the salesman show the $725, but back it out( by showing a $725 credit, incentive, whatever) and you are back to your original figures. It could be you whittled down a pretty shrewd deal and they need to add some profit to the deal. Good luck. My suggestion is obtain dealer cost figure and negotiate from cost up rather than from retail down. Go to Edmonds new car site or NADA new car site.
    I was wrong. The acquisition fee is $825. I offered invoice + $1500. When I told him I expected the base acquisition fee of $625 he told me okay but then he wants invoice + $1700.
    In other words, he wants $200 profit over my deal.
    But my leasing deal is a great one. I'm surprised he agreed to it so I will probably swallow my pride and just cough it up.
    My car would have to be ordered and it would take about 2 months for it to arrive.
    Thanks gtshark.
    hpowders
  • danf1danf1 Member Posts: 897
    Your welcome. Keep us up to date as you do your shopping.
  • fearanfearan Member Posts: 1
    Hello all I am from Canada and looking to lease a nissan Altima 3.5S the invoice cost is $24892 canadian the dealer has offered 1000 dollars over invoice with a $1000 dollar gas card promotion . This seems fair to me but this being my first new car purchase was wondering what others thought. Your advice is appreciated.
  • brianabriana Member Posts: 24
    I know this truck just came out, but is there anything out there as far as money factor/residual for the H3? The H3 comes nicely equipped for about 35-36K, I was wondering what I'd be looking at lease wise.

Also interested in the Grand Cherokee Limited as well, do you have a current money factor/residual on that? Thanks for the help.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789
    Well... at least he was honest about it, later..

Of course, if he had just said "$1700 over is what it will take", instead of sneaking in the other $200, it would have been more upfront.

Don't feel bad.. Probably 3/4 of BMW dealers operate this way...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I don't feel bad especially with the "fire sale" lease on the 545. I am strictly a BMW 3 man but I just can't resist 2.4% money.(1.8% if I put down 5 security deposits). When you get a great lease deal, you can't quibble over 200 bucks.
    The dealer jumped at my deal. They really have to get rid of those 545's.
    I have just one more dealer to "play" to see if I can get invoice + $1000-$1300. Several weeks ago, I told this dealer I was more interested in a 2006 330i than a 2005 545 and you should have seen his face drop!
    The first dealer was honest because I knew enough to confront him after quickly looking up some of your previous posts on the 5 boards in which you indicate the acquisition fee is $625. I immediately called him back and confronted him about the extra $200 but he was determined to keep it in there.
    You are correct. He was honest about it "later."
    I would also roll the acquisition fee into the cap. cost as you suggest.
    By the way the car I want must be ordered because of my options. Do you know when the cut-off is for putting in an order on a 2005 545?
    Thanks,
    hpowders
  • hbomberhbomber Member Posts: 17
    All depends who you leased the vehicle through. I could give you some idea if it's a company I know their guidelines.

You can always get the vehicle fixed on your own, inspectors can tell where previous repairs were, that is fine as long as they are not poor repairs.
  • hbomberhbomber Member Posts: 17
    Thanks car man, this didn't sound right to me as well. I kept asking for the specifics but they would not give me anything in writing. I was more curious on what the MF they were actually using. Considering I want to take part in the s-plan, I would have thought they would treat me better, but the two mazda dealers I have been to irked me. I just figure they are trying to make up money in f&i.
  • alleraallera Member Posts: 3
    Car_man-

I'm looking at a G35 but am unsure whether to purchase or lease the vehicle. I'd probably only keep it for 3 years and then either sell it or turn it in and step up to a family car/suv at that time. Can you help narrow down my decision? Assume 3.75% for purchasing. Ideally, I'd like to get my payments as low as possible.

2005 G35 Coupe 6MT w/ premium package + aero + nav unit
    MSRP: 38,960

I'd like to get it under $35k, but unsure how successful I'll be. Can you give me information based on MSRP? I can probably modify your information for whatever price I can get out of them. Is there anywhere I can go to see what other people are getting a similar G35 for? I noticed you had a link like that for Lexus.

Thanks!!
  • crj1crj1 Member Posts: 70
    The $2500.00 is CCR, it should be available in St. louis but I will not know for sure until I can check at work Monday.
    CRJ1,
    My dealer in GA says it is not available...Please check and see if it is available. Thanks
  • ckigginsckiggins Member Posts: 68
    Does anyone have experience leasing through Sam's Club car buying service? If so, how did it work out?
    Thanks in advance for checking this out crj1. Probably a dumb question, but what does CCR stand for?

Mike
    CAPITALIZED COST REDUCTION/DOWN PAYMENT ASSISTANCE: THIS ALLOWANCE
    MUST BE UTILIZED TO REDUCE THE CAPITALIZED COST OF THE GMAC SMARTLEASE
    CONTRACT OR THE AMOUNT TO FINANCE FOR GMAC SMARTBUY CONTRACTS. THIS
    ALLOWANCE MAY NOT BE OFFERED AS CASH TO THE CUSTOMER.

THIS PROGRAM IS AVAILABLE ON DELIVERIES TO RESIDENTS OF THE FOLLOWING
    STATES AND COUNTIES WITHIN THE NORTH CENTRAL REGION ONLY:

STATES:
    KENTUCKY
    MICHIGAN
    OHIO
    PENNSYLVANIA

COUNTIES IN THE STATE OF INDIANA:
    ADAMS ELKHART JAY NOBLE SULLIVAN
    ALLEN FAYETTE JENNINGS OHIO SWITZERLAND
    BARTHOLOMEW FOUNTAIN JOHNSON ORANGE TIPPECANOE
    BLACKFORD FRANKLIN KNOX OWEN TIPTON
    BOONE FULTON KOSCIUSKO PARKE UNION
    BROWN GIBSON LAGRANGE PIKE VERMILLION
    CARROLL GRANT LAWRENCE PULASKI VIGO
    CASS GREENE MADISON PUTNAM WABASH
    CLAY HAMILTON MARION RANDOLPH WASHINGTON
    CLINTON HANCOCK MARSHALL RIPLEY WAYNE
    DAVIESS HENDRICKS MARTIN RUSH WELLS
    DE KALB HENRY MIAMI SHELBY WHITLEY
    DEARBORN HOWARD MONROE ST. JOSEPH
    DECATUR HUNTINGTON MONTGOMERY STARKE
    DELAWARE JACKSON MORGAN STEUBEN

COUNTY IN NEW YORK:
    CHAUTAUQUA

COUNTY IN WEST VIRGINIA:
    HANCOCK
    ELIGIBLE MODELS: SELECT ELIGIBLE NEW AND UNUSED GENERAL MOTORS
    MODELS LISTED BELOW:

2006 MODELS
    PONTIAC-GMC: ALLOWANCE:
    # G6 $1000

2005 MODELS
    BUICK: ALLOWANCE:
    LACROSSE $1000
    RAINIER $1500
    RENDEZVOUS $1500

CADILLAC:
    CTS $1500
    CTS-V $1500
    ESCALADE SUV $3000
    ESCALADE ESV $3000
    ESCALADE EXT $3000

CHEVROLET:
    MALIBU $1000
    MALIBU MAXX $1000
    IMPALA $1000
    MONTE CARLO $1000
    SILVERADO $1500
    AVALANCHE $1500
    EQUINOX $1000
    TRAILBLAZER $1500
    TRAILBLAZER EXT $1250
    TAHOE $2500
    SUBURBAN $2500

HUMMER:
    H2 (ALL MODELS) $3000

PONTIAC-GMC:
    G6 $1000
    GRAND PRIX $1000
    SIERRA $1500
    ENVOY $1500
    ENVOY DENALI $1500
    ENVOY XL $1250
    ENVOY XL DENALI $1250
    ENVOY XUV $1250
    YUKON $2500
    YUKON DENALI $2500
    YUKON XL $2500
    YUKON XL DENALI $2500
  • desgnconcptsdesgnconcpts Member Posts: 53
    CRJ1,

I'm in the Chicago area -- my understanding is that this is in the North Central Region and I should have these GMAC capitalized cost reductions available to me. Can you confirm?

If I understand correctly, as an example, I should be able to lease a GMC Envoy XL Denali for the GM Employee Discount Price, less the $2,500 cash allowance, less the $1,250 capitalized cost reduction for a lease? Or is it the Employee Discount Price less the $1,250?
    Thanks crj1. That $2500 would have been enough to seal the deal, but I guess I'm still shopping.
  • rroyce10rroyce10 Member Posts: 9,332
    ......... Yikes ....!

Cut the caps ..... your going to blow Carman right off his chair ......

Terry.
    The $2,500 cash allowance is only on a purchase, you get the $1250.00 plus GM discount.
    Sorry but I cut and pasted that and was not going to change it all.
  • kayak2kayak2 Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man:
    Thanks so much for hosting this board; it is really helpful. Could you give me your thoughts on the following proposed lease from a dealer:
    2006 BMW 325I, Automatic, Metallic Paint and Power Seats-
    MSRP- $33,740
    Purchase Price- $33,240.00+ttt

36 month Lease= $515.31+tax w/12K miles/year w/ $1,009.38 total down.
    Money Factor=.00290
    Residual= 63% or $21,256.20.

Thanks!
  • leroybrown71leroybrown71 Member Posts: 26
    Car_Man,
    Hi, I posted a few days ago about a Navigator , but I didn't get a response. ( Believe me I understand, you're crazy busy! )
    I was wondering if you could help me out.
    Here's what I need ( thanks in advance so much! )

05 Navi Ultimate 4x2, no navigation. ( Why would a Navigator need Navigation, after all? )
    36 Month residual & MF. 12k miles per year.

Plus here's what I have so far.
    MSRP 54695
    Sale Price 44000
    Seems good to me - whaddaya think?
    Also I'm in Texas, and apparently on Navigators here right now, you don't pay the regular 6.25% tax, you just pay some 1.2% state fee. I dont understand that, but I like it. Ever here of it?
    Thank you!!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Just an FYI, car_man is without access for a few days, but can respond to your post when he returns. In the meantime, we have many informed members who give excellent advice on leasing, so check for their responses. You can also use the make/model search tools at the left to find the "prices paid & buying experience" discussion about the particular make/model you're interested in, and post there for other member opinions.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• leroybrown71leroybrown71 Member Posts: 26
    Thanks Kirstie_h . I hope Car_man returns soon, as he'll be missed by many! Poor guy gets abused by us I think.
    I'll be looking forward to another friendly members response as well though.

I did look up the Prices Paid for the Navi, but didn't find much recent info, so I figured I'd double check here. I'm happy with the price , so it's no biggie if there's no feedback on that front.

Thanks!
    Rest assured that car_man will return soon! Just didn't want you to think that your questions are being ignored.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Kirstie,

if you want to take a look at my question that would be great.
    page 1062 #21213
    thanks,
    Paul
  • lizard2806lizard2806 Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone have any experience (in Connecticut) with selling a leased vehicle to a third party? Here's the deal:

1. Volkswagen does not allow lease transfers in the last 8 months of the lease or something like that. (I remember checking and seeing I was past whatever deadline they had).

2. I have someone who is willing to buy the car for what I owe on the vehicle (residual, remaining payments, etc.). Basically, I net out 0 and get out of the lease early. win-win.

If they were to buy the car, would it be taxed twice due to it being two transactions? The first being VW charging me for tax on the residual (which, apparantly in CT needs to be assesd when the title is transferred from the lien holder, VW, to me) and the second being upon transfer of title from me to the people who just paid for it.

I have yet to contact the DMV (tomorrow I'll do it), but wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts or experience on this.

Thanks in advance,
  • sumosamasumosama Member Posts: 4
    Howdy! New here, so please be patient!

Wanting to lease an LR3. Nothing down. 750 + fico. Sticker price is $54,945. We have an x-plan price of $52,039. Plenty of income.

What type of money factor should I expect?

(I keep getting quotes of 0.00329 or so, which seems really high! I would hate to get a great deal, then get hosed on the financing!!!)
    Yeah it is really high. To get the interest rate you are being charged, just multiply the money factor by 2400 which in your case becomes 7.896%
    If I were you, I would click on "Forums" and then click on "Land Rover" and then go to the "Land Rover LR3, Prices Paid & Buying Experiences" thread.
    People there may be able to tell you if .00329 is about right for this vehicle or whether the dealer has padded it for extra profit.
    Re-post what you wrote here, over there.
  • sumosamasumosama Member Posts: 4
    many, many thanks!
    Anytime! :)
    Paul, you really don't want me to do that - I know little to nothing about leasing!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

oh ok,then i will just wait till the car.man returns...thanks
    Anyone out there know if a $399 document fee on a BMWFS lease is legitimate or is the salesman just padding the deal by $399?
This discussion has been closed.