Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,324

@sda said:
    Happy Mother’s Day to all our wonderful mothers and moms! Happy Birthday to @fintail and me, who share the same 5/9 date, though I am a lot older. Cheers to a wonderful day!

And a very happy birthday to the both of you. FWIW today is me and the boss's 24th anniversary.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,536
    abacomike said:

@jmonroe1 said:

Once you get your new, everything tied to it radio, the gas mileage calculation will be corrected. :'(

jmonroe

Car goes into service tomorrow morning for the installation of the “multi-faceted” radio which will hopefully fix the communications problem with the car’s outside world. Maybe the great fuel economy will remain “untouched!” 🤓😜🤪

Anyone giving odds about the gas mileage?

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)

@sda said:

Happy Mother’s Day to all our wonderful mothers and moms! Happy Birthday to @fintail and me, who share the same 5/9 date, though I am a lot older. Cheers to a wonderful day!

And a very happy birthday to the both of you. FWIW today is me and the boss's 24th anniversary.

Congrats to the newly weds. B)

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289

@sda said:

Congrats on the anniversary.

2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • dad23dad23 Member Posts: 869
    Happy Birthday you guys!!!
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,146
    abacomike said:

Just returned from visiting my Mother’s and Grandmother’s graves - 102 mile round-trip. At 65 mph in cruise control on the Turnpike I averaged 31.6 mpg each way. That is phenomenal fuel economy for a car that the EPA claims only gets 24 mpg on the highway. Remember my car only has 900 miles on the odometer and isn’t even close to being broken in.

Why would the EPA be 25% off actual fuel economy? And here I thought I was driving a gas guzzler. But economy around town is not good - 19 mpg is what I average on short trips in town.

I took my Cruze to a car show at Fort Recovery (historic location https://www.ohiohistory.org/visit/museum-and-site-locator/fort-recovery-museum) Friday evening with some stops signs along the 100 miles trip and got 40 mpg. Oh wait. I dont' think there's much comparison between the two cars. LOL

But seriously, didn't the EPA several decades back lower the measured highway mileage by 20% or something because no one actually got that mileage and "the people" complained? Since the EPA ratings, I believe, are all based on computer generated estimates in a lab setting and aren't from actual highway tests, I'm not surprised at sea level you're able to best those numbers. I may be wrong on how the highway numbers were finagled by the agency, but there were changes made to how the test results were applied to the published numbers.

That's why I always laughed when folks said they bought one car, e.g., a Civic, over a Cavalier, e.g., because the Civic was rated at 1 more mpg than the Cavalier.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,324

@imidazol97 said:
    I took my Cruze to a car show at Fort Recovery (historic location https://www.ohiohistory.org/visit/museum-and-site-locator/fort-recovery-museum) Friday evening with some stops signs along the 100 miles trip and got 40 mpg. Oh wait. I dont' think there's much comparison between the two cars. LOL

But seriously, didn't the EPA several decades back lower the measured highway mileage by 20% or something because no one actually got that mileage and "the people" complained? Since the EPA ratings, I believe, are all based on computer generated estimates in a lab setting and aren't from actual highway tests, I'm not surprised at sea level you're able to best those numbers. I may be wrong on how the highway numbers were finagled by the agency, but there were changes made to how the test results were applied to the published numbers.

That's why I always laughed when folks said they bought one car, e.g., a Civic, over a Cavalier, e.g., because the Civic was rated at 1 more mpg than the Cavalier.

I have always considered a difference of 1 mpg to be effectively the same mpg. Every car of the same model is going to have a slightly different mpg in real life and since the EPA only uses whole numbers (meaning the minimum margin of error is one) a one mile mpg is meaningless.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,975
    jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

tjc78 said:

@sda said:

Happy Birthday to you both!

+1
    I hope you guys remember that @ab348 and I have a birthday a day or two apart in July. I think I jumped the gun with this but not sure.

jmonroe

Since you didn't mention the date.....Happy Pre-Birthday Birthday Guys!

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,964

@sda said:

Happy anniversary! Enjoy.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,343
    edited May 2021

I’ve told the story about how my mother wouldn’t let Dad buy a new orange 1969 Cyclone CJ because “It looks like a taxicab.”
    Here’s why dad was looking for a new car...
    My mother had destroyed the one owner 1965 Mustang I was going to drive when I turned 16 in a few years. She was on her way to pick me up at the bus stop when she dropped a wheel off the pavement and spun into an oncoming Impala. She was completely unhurt. Some of her busybody friends drove by the wreck and offered to pick me up at the bus stop. When they picked me up the following conversation ensued:

“Where’s Mom?”
    “She was in a wreck.”
    “Is she okay?”
    “Yes, she’s fine.”
    “What shape is the Mustang in?”
    “You should be worried about your mother.”
    “I thought you said she was okay.”
    “She is; you should be glad she wasn’t hurt.”
    “I AM. Now how is the Mustang?”
    “You should be glad she wasn’t hurt!”
    “Groan...”

One thing you need to know about my mother was that she never, EVER passed up an opportunity to make me look bad while simultaneously making herself look either saintly or put upon- so for decades to come she would tell people, “I totaled my car once and all my son cared about was how bad the car was hurt.”
    At least I can laugh about it now.
    Happy Mother’s Day!

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

edited May 2021
    driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

tjc78 said:

@sda said:

Happy Birthday to you both!

+1
    I hope you guys remember that @ab348 and I have a birthday a day or two apart in July. I think I jumped the gun with this but not sure.

jmonroe
    Since you didn't mention the date.....Happy Pre-Birthday Birthday Guys!

I didn’t want to obligate you guys with buying a gift but if @ab348 reveals a date I promise not to refuse your offers.

EDIT: Oh, and while I’m at it I might as well tell y’all that we have an anniversary a week before my birthday in July. FWIW, it puts @snakeweasel’s paltry 24 years to shame.

jmonroe
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,493
    Back from Boston. put just under 800 miles since Friday on the "White whale". TC for the last two legs was just a tick under 19MPG. Still impressive for something that large that I can stand up inside! And turns out, based on the badge on the back, it also has AWD. Really easy to drive on the highway and normal local roads. Though getting caught in a downpour, much less fun. And even after about 6 hours driving today, still perfectly comfortable.

It goes back to Hertz first thing in the morning. And based on the Valvoline sticker on the windshield, it is now about 100 miles from needing service (sooner than the 7/15 date also on the sticker).

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

stickguy said:

Back from Boston. put just under 800 miles since Friday on the "White whale". TC for the last two legs was just a tick under 19MPG. Still impressive for something that large that I can stand up inside! And turns out, based on the badge on the back, it also has AWD. Really easy to drive on the highway and normal local roads. Though getting caught in a downpour, much less fun. And even after about 6 hours driving today, still perfectly comfortable.

It goes back to Hertz first thing in the morning. And based on the Valvoline sticker on the windshield, it is now about 100 miles from needing service (sooner than the 7/15 date also on the sticker).

Those cargo vans and trucks are not what they used to be. Much nicer, much more comfortable, much easier to drive.

When I was young, I loved to drive. Any vehicle, anywhere, any excuse. During my high school years, I was doing construction work, full time summers, part time winters, on the Lake Livingston dam project. The company I was working for had a 1958 Chevrolet 1 ton winch truck sitting on a job site in Sallisaw, Oklahoma, and they needed that truck back down to Livingston, Texas. About 400 miles one way. I, of course, immediately volunteered.

Greyhound got me there, and I headed out to bring the truck back. The truck was pretty ratty, it was about 10 years old, and the heater didn’t work. Did I mention it was winter? Maybe 50 degrees, not too bad. About 100 miles down the road, the brakes gave out. Completely. The pedal went to the floor and stayed there. I was left with the gears and a parking brake. Needless to say, I made it, or I wouldn’t be here telling the story. Most of the trip was at 40 mph or less, but I stayed off the interstates, on the back roads, and no one harassed me.

And yes, I enjoyed the trip, and kept right on volunteering for every driving job that came along

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,966
    Road, I had a very difficult mother I guess you could say, so understand what you went through. I finally had to walk away when she made some crazy [non-permissible content removed] remarks about cutting me out while my dad was in the hospital on his deathbed. Let's say it was the needle that broke the camel's back. For the next fifteen or so years, we had very little communication and I introduced her to her grandson at a family funeral when he was 15! I left for my own sanity and that of my wife & kids...and it was the right decision then, and the right decision even now!
    I feel your pain sir!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Road, I had a very difficult mother I guess you could say, so understand what you went through. I finally had to walk away when she made some crazy [non-permissible content removed] remarks about cutting me out while my dad was in the hospital on his deathbed. Let's say it was the needle that broke the camel's back. For the next fifteen or so years, we had very little communication and I introduced her to her grandson at a family funeral when he was 15! I left for my own sanity and that of my wife & kids...and it was the right decision then, and the right decision even now!
    I feel your pain sir!

Thanks; I'm sure you are like me in that you can't understand it unless you lived it. When my wife and I were dating she couldn't understand why my mom and I had such a strained relationship. One year into our marriage she understood completely.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

Ditto on that, but it took my wife a lot less time to see what I was going through! One thing it did do, it made me a better parent to my own kids. They love me but, they also like me and that's a lot. I know the job of a parent is super tough, but I always put their wants and needs first and think we've raised three nice adults who are good people and happy in their lives. No baggage from an unhappy childhood so guessing we did something right in the child rearing department! Thank G-d!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

@Sandman6472 said:
    Ditto on that, but it took my wife a lot less time to see what I was going through! One thing it did do, it made me a better parent to my own kids. They love me but, they also like me and that's a lot. I know the job of a parent is super tough, but I always put their wants and needs first and think we've raised three nice adults who are good people and happy in their lives. No baggage from an unhappy childhood so guessing we did something right in the child rearing department! Thank G-d!

It’s funny that you say that. I told people my mother really helped me parent. When I faced a dilemma with my son I always asked myself, “What would Mom do in this situation?”
    Then I would do the exact opposite, and everything usually worked out fine.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,924

@Sandman6472 said:

It’s funny that you say that. I told people my mother really helped me parent. When I faced a dilemma with my son I always asked myself, “What would Mom do in this situation?”

Then I would do the exact opposite, and everything usually worked out fine.

Funny, that’s exactly how my wife became such a good mom.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

I am really sorry to hear about bad mothers. And on Mother's Day, at that. It happens, we all know that it does happen, we just hate to think about it. I was very lucky, very lucky indeed, with both of my parents.
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,637
    henryn said:

stickguy said:

Those cargo vans and trucks are not what they used to be. Much nicer, much more comfortable, much easier to drive.

When I was young, I loved to drive. Any vehicle, anywhere, any excuse. During my high school years, I was doing construction work, full time summers, part time winters, on the Lake Livingston dam project. The company I was working for had a 1958 Chevrolet 1 ton winch truck sitting on a job site in Sallisaw, Oklahoma, and they needed that truck back down to Livingston, Texas. About 400 miles one way. I, of course, immediately volunteered.

Greyhound got me there, and I headed out to bring the truck back. The truck was pretty ratty, it was about 10 years old, and the heater didn’t work. Did I mention it was winter? Maybe 50 degrees, not too bad. About 100 miles down the road, the brakes gave out. Completely. The pedal went to the floor and stayed there. I was left with the gears and a parking brake. Needless to say, I made it, or I wouldn’t be here telling the story. Most of the trip was at 40 mph or less, but I stayed off the interstates, on the back roads, and no one harassed me.

And yes, I enjoyed the trip, and kept right on volunteering for every driving job that came along

Sounds like you’d be the perfect candidate for rental car transporter.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

Road, ditto on that also, always did the opposite also and things worked out. It's funny, from dysfunction comes function many times. And our family was as dysfunctional as any could get especially after my dad passed. he was the glue that held things together and he's the only one, save my grandpa, who could rein my mother in when she began to get crazy. He just had the knack to keep her inline. But I always thought how sad it was that she wouldn't change her ways a bit after we divorced ourselves from the rest of the family? I'd think that after missing one of the kids birthday parties that she would've decided to maybe tone down her delivery with us so she could become part of our lives again. But she didn't and that first sentence of her will or whatever it was, cutting us all out of everything, seemed childish really as I knew we'd all receive nothing and was o k with it. It was my choice to walk away so any consequences from my actions were something I knew I'd have to live with. But I guess it gave her and my three other siblings some sort of happiness to cut us all out in the first sentence! Worst part is, she took all that negativity with her when she passed and negative energy just weighs a person down. But I did take away a negative influence from my wife & kids that wasn't necessary in their lives and for that alone, I was o k with how it all went down!
    I just know that if my mom had passed first, the family would've stayed in tact because my dad was the great calming influence in the house, who knew right from wrong and was as fair as they came. He wanted his kids & grandkids, only had my two at the time when he passed, to be happy productive individuals and he brought us up with a good moral background...work hard for what you want and don't expect anything in life. Treat others as you'd like them to treat you and above all, be an honest & fair person. I've tried to be that kind of person and rought our three up that same way.

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,637
    henryn said:

I am really sorry to hear about bad mothers. And on Mother's Day, at that. It happens, we all know that it does happen, we just hate to think about it. I was very lucky, very lucky indeed, with both of my parents.

To be fully free you have to forgive your parents for not being perfect. My parents were relatively good but it was only when I realized that they were just flawed human beings that I felt like an independent adult.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

edited May 2021
    Going for that urine test this morning and if all works out, I'll be one of the new shuttle drives at Al Hendrickson Toyota in here in Coconut Creek Florida. Two afternoons a week to start since I'm keeping my Enterprise gig also. Since I've always wanted to do this, figured I'd give it a go and see if it's all I hope it to be. Only 11 hours each week during time I'd be wasting anyways, so why not get some extra $ at the same time! And if I don't like it for any reason or if it's too much physically, I can always leave. But think I'll always be wondering about it if I at least don't give it a try. It weighed on my mind a few weeks ago when I first turned it down due to to many hours needed to work there. Even put the recent phone number into trash but guess I didn't trash the trash as I found the number again, called it and negotiated to do it on my two free afternoons on my n/s days. Must have been a sign from above, so we'll see how it goes.

I didn’t intend to depress anyone with the story about my mother. As I said, I just laugh about it these days. The only thing I haven’t forgiven her about is her stopping Dad from buying the Cyclone CJ. :)

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    sda said:

HBD!!!!!!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    abacomike said:

Just returned from visiting my Mother’s and Grandmother’s graves - 102 mile round-trip. At 65 mph in cruise control on the Turnpike I averaged 31.6 mpg each way. That is phenomenal fuel economy for a car that the EPA claims only gets 24 mpg on the highway. Remember my car only has 900 miles on the odometer and isn’t even close to being broken in.

Why would the EPA be 25% off actual fuel economy? And here I thought I was driving a gas guzzler. But economy around town is not good - 19 mpg is what I average on short trips in town.

The computer I had in the Stinger for that same drivetrain was pretty accurate. I kept my foot in it, so never got anywhere near 30 MPG….EVERS! But, 18 MPG around town and the 24 MPG on the highway was doable. So, I was pretty near what the sticker said.

The new TLX has had a fill up. Not broken in quite yet, but averaged 22 MPG in mostly in town driving, and again, me keeping it on the boil most of the time.

I always manually check my MPG with FUELLY.COM. The computer in the new TLX is way more accurate than the one in my previous TLX. It’s within about 1% of manual calculations.
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258

@oldfarmer50 said:
    To be fully free you have to forgive your parents for not being perfect. My parents were relatively good but it was only when I realized that they were just flawed human beings that I felt like an independent adult.

Beautiful description, OF! I had a mother who was forced into a position of bringing up twin boys - and we were no angels. I was my mother’s favorite because my brother was a terrible kid - always arguing with her. But my Dad’s favorite was my brother. My Dad worked 6 days a week so we hardly ever saw him - he actually did not know how to show love to his children but he loved my mother. My mother was the opposite in that she always showed love to her children and her husband - my Dad.

2021 Genesis G90

Well, car is at service department - they gave me a G90 to drive - same color and wheels as mine. He said it could take 2-3 days to pull the dash and replace the radio. He told me he had to have his trim guy pull the dash so his tech could do the installation. Then the trim guy has to replace the dash.

Hope everything goes well.

2021 Genesis G90

henryn said:

Same here. If anything, I disappointed them.

jmonroe
  • bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913

I didn’t intend to depress anyone with the story about my mother. As I said, I just laugh about it these days. The only thing I haven’t forgiven her about is her stopping Dad from buying the Cyclone CJ. :)

Guys, enough already. Mother's Day is supposed to be a day of reverence. Let us keep it that way.
    Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee (Exodus 20:12)
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,964
    edited May 2021
    I got some extended drive time in my SIL's 2019 RDX Advance. She is staying with us for a week or so and we drove about 70 miles south to Gafney, SC to meet my in laws and brother in law for a combination Mother's day lunch and birthday celebration. I was impressed by how the RDX drove. It is very stable at speed, nicely quiet with minimum road noise, good but somewhat peaky power delivery, firm and sometimes a little rubbery ride when it traverses multiple undulations. In a way it feels larger than it is in the way it drives, not in a bad way. I really like the thick leather steering wheel that had a rich and supple feel to it. The trip computer said it averaged 28-29 mpg during the trip. Most was driven on state highways, some interstate I-85 at speeds of 50-70 mph. The RDX has 33k on it and I did not hear any rattles or squeaks. I enjoyed the experience.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

abacomike said:

Well, car is at service department - they gave me a G90 to drive - same color and wheels as mine. He said it could take 2-3 days to pull the dash and replace the radio. He told me he had to have his trim guy pull the dash so his tech could do the installation. Then the trim guy has to replace the dash.

Removing the dash reminds me of watching the robots put dashes into Mercedes when they are making them in Stuttgart. The robot picks up the dash and twists it barely through the door opening. The guide told us that before robots quite a few dashes had to be discarded because 2 guys sometimes missed and hit the door jam or dropped it....causing a scratch.

abacomike said:

Hope this visit fixes it and you can go on enjoying your car.
    Life is too short for all the problems with this one factor of its operation
    to take up as much time as it has at their store.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,493
    Sandy, good luck. Make your self a nice little tip cup and put it where everyone can see it!

Returned the rental whale this morning. Went back cleaner than I got it, since I vacuumed it out before using it, and got caught in rain on the way home which cleaned a lot of the bugs off it. Total of 787 miles put on it, so I got my money's worth. Total of $184 to use it. If I had gotten a Transit from U Haul (local) it would have been close to $1,000 (and almost $500 to leave it up in Boston, but that did not include the side trip to Albany).

filled it up with gas near my house, and from that station to the local Hertz location (about 6 miles) the TC indicated it got 22.5 MPG. Still surprised how efficient that beast was (and it had QWD too).

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,131
    edited May 2021
    Same here. They weren't perfect, but they did what they could, and they tried. That makes me luckier than a lot of people out there. No abuse, no bulldozing or hovering.
    henryn said:

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,131
    I wonder if there's something in the scheme of things that encourages under-reporting of mpgs, so owners are surprised? Kind of under-promise, over-deliver. I've been able to easily beat official stats on all of my modern MBs, and even the fintail hits the the old official number on the nose. Or maybe the regulators assume typical mindless heavy on the throttle and brake driving.

The computer I had in the Stinger for that same drivetrain was pretty accurate. I kept my foot in it, so never got anywhere near 30 MPG….EVERS! But, 18 MPG around town and the 24 MPG on the highway was doable. So, I was pretty near what the sticker said.

The new TLX has had a fill up. Not broken in quite yet, but averaged 22 MPG in mostly in town driving, and again, me keeping it on the boil most of the time.

I always manually check my MPG with FUELLY.COM. The computer in the new TLX is way more accurate than the one in my previous TLX. It’s within about 1% of manual calculations.

abacomike said:

@stickguy That was a bargain stick!
    When I rented the U-Haul truck the $19.99 a day sounded good....the 40 cents a mile or whatever it was sure added up fast.

fintail said:

I wonder if there's something in the scheme of things that encourages under-reporting of mpgs, so owners are surprised? Kind of under-promise, over-deliver. I've been able to easily beat official stats on all of my modern MBs, and even the fintail hits the the old official number on the nose. Or maybe the regulators assume typical mindless heavy on the throttle and brake driving.

abacomike said:

It’s all relative. My previous gen Tahoe was supposed to get 15 MPG in they city and 18 MPG on the highway. Yes, it did have a V8, but it weighed…..a lot….and, it was a brick, so no help from drag coefficient.

I would dip into 11-12 MPG in the city. And, even feathering the throttle and using cruise control, 15 MPG on the highway was normal. I did crack 17 MPG once..all interstate and mostly 60 MPH, with little traffic and mostly down hill.

The saving grace was it used regular. If I filled it with E85 (which it was capable of burning), my MPG would dip into single digits.
    driver100 said:

abacomike said:

Removing the dash reminds me of watching the robots put dashes into Mercedes when they are making them in Stuttgart. The robot picks up the dash and twists it barely through the door opening. The guide told us that before robots quite a few dashes had to be discarded because 2 guys sometimes missed and hit the door jam or dropped it....causing a scratch.
    I would have thought that MB could hire dash installers that weren’t “butter-fingers“. Maybe even in Germany you can’t find good workers anymore. Let’s hope @Mike’s dealer has a good trim guy or he’ll be waiting for a new dash for his top of the line wannabe.

jmonroe
    I was checking out a Mustang electric for some unknown reason and I see they are priced from about $45k to $60k.

The interior is pretty nice but why would you leave the media screen just leaning up....sticking out....looking like they forgot about adding it until the last minute?

Edmunds gives it 4 1/2 stars. The range is about 300 miles....which is a show stopper for me. In some reviews I have read reviewers go without air conditioning or heating to increase mileage....do I really want to worry about those things?

@fintail said:

The loaner G90 they gave me is averaging 30.9 mpg at 65 mph in cruise. So that’s 2 G90’s beating EPA highway RPA estimates by 25%

2021 Genesis G90

I had one of the new Mustangs pass me two days ago. It has an awkward shape.
    Plus, it's not a Mustang.

I have yet to see one "in the flesh", but based on the pictures, it certainly doesn't look like a Mustang.

I am just beginning to think more seriously about electric cars, but if I were to go in the direction of a fast sporty car such as a Mustang, I would most definitely want the big loud V8.

henryn said:

I have yet to see one "in the flesh", but based on the pictures, it certainly doesn't look like a Mustang.

I am just beginning to think more seriously about electric cars, but if I were to go in the direction of a fast sporty car such as a Mustang, I would most definitely want the big loud V8.

Almost as fast but you won't get that V8 sound;
    The 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E equipped with the Extended Range battery and all-wheel drive launched to 60 mph in 5.1 seconds in Car and Driver testing.
    That's only 0.1 second slower than the 330-hp Mustang 2.3L High Performance with a six-speed manual, although a quicker, more powerful Mach-E GT Performance model is coming.

So if I got one of these E- Mustangs, is it basically service free, just tires, brakes, wipers, alignment.....what else would it need?

I guess if you can't continue with the present Mustang in it's current form, you might as well get some good mileage (so to speak) from the name.

• carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    edited May 2021
    The all electric Audi SUV’s and the Porsche Taycan are the least awkward IMHO.
    carnaught said:

I just checked those out carnaught, the Taycan is a sports car which will have limited appeal, and the Audi which is nice looking has some serious flaws including a range of 222 miles. This is what C&D said in summary;
    HIGHS
    Whisper-quiet operation, luxurious state-of-the-art cabin, tows up to 4000 pounds.
    LOWS
    Other luxury EVs have more range, not very engaging behind the wheel, none of the flashiness exhibited by rivals.
    VERDICT
    The e-tron lineup is more desirable than before, but it's still not as exciting or innovative as many alternatives.
    Doesn't exactly make me want to spend $70k+ to run out and buy one.

@carnaught said:

They have a white Porsche Taycan on display at the Boca Town Center Mall. Beautiful car, but very low to the center of gravity.

2021 Genesis G90

Got a call from the service manager. The new radio solved the communications problem, but created another problem - the rear cameras are not functioning. They are waiting for Genesis engineers to send them the software coding for the back-up cameras. Front and side cameras are working fine, but not the 360 degree Birdseye view. He expects to have the car finished sometime tomorrow. I’ll believe it when I see it!

2021 Genesis G90