Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    edited May 2021

@jmonroe1 said:
    You have confirmed why I don’t buy very much on line. I’m not willing to get the wrong parts. I tried to buy wiper blades for my ‘09 Genny from Rock Auto many moons ago. They screwed the order up twice. However, I will say they gave me full credit and didn’t even want either pair of the blades back. They’re been in my basement collecting dust ever since then. I think if they were the correct blades I would have saved about 12 bucks IIRC. I finally went to the dealer and paid 35 bucks for the pair and won’t try online again for anything if I can help it. I can’t tell you the last time the local auto parts chain sold me the wrong part. If they’re more it’s worth it to me to get the job done in an hour or two and not play around trying to save a couple bucks and wait days to complete the job. I could never put up with that.

FWIW, Son #1 likes Rock Auto and has put up with the wrong parts a couple times which surprises me because I thought I taught him better than that. Go figure.

jmonroe

The only online stores I use for parts are FCP Euro any the BMW Mini Parts store. I’ve never had an issue with either one.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

edited May 2021

I haven’t worn a mask outdoors for at least a year. Fortunately I have yet to encounter any hand-wringing bed wetters who are upset by my death-defying antics.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,466
    Michaell said:

fintail said:

If I was your neighbor, I'd pay a nighttime visit with a razor blade or small chisel :)

I hear those badges are pay-for-play now, and you don't have to prove you are actually a squaredancer or artisanal free range homebrewer or love doggos or kiddos or antiquing or mountaineering - a travesty!

Michaell said:

fintail said:

You mean CUVs ;)

I wonder if all in the video are all actually available for purchase right now, I have only seen a couple of them.

The Subie will be a home run, at least regionally. I expect that one to be every 3rd vehicle on the road here within a year, all with with stickers proclaiming a love for local beer, dogs, the outdoors, and maybe being a "native" (no matter if you are actually from Encino or Minneapolis or Syracuse), year-round roof racks, and maybe those goofy Subaru merit badges.

bwia said:

Here are five top Electrified SUVs under $40,000 for 2021, with only one American nameplate in the mix. For the most part, although they look good, they are single motor front wheel drive and standard range. One standout is the Nissan Ariya. It comes as a standard range as well as a more powerful dual motor 310 mile extended range with lots of hp and fast charging. The exterior size is just right. Compact on the outside but almost midsize on the inside. Enjoy this short video.

Hey, we have those merit badges on our Outback!
    You'd have to figure out a way to get into our garage! :wink:

For the record, I didn't order them, the wife and stepdaughter did.

We at least don't have any dorky dealer information on the car.
    If I had to pick one, I’d take the dealer info.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,562

I haven’t worn a mask outdoors for at least a year. Fortunately I have yet to encounter any hand-wringing bed wetters who are upset by my nearly suicidal attitude.

I’m sure you are dead already and just don’t know it. :s

I refuse to live in fear of some germ boogeyman chasing me down the street when I’m alone. I reluctantly wear a mask in stores because they won’t sell you stuff if you don’t but I don’t feel like I’m in danger of certain death without one. Our state still feels the need to control everyone but now that the bulk of the population has been vaccinated, already had it or is in a population when they barely notice they are sick I don’t see the point.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289

I haven’t worn a mask outdoors for at least a year. Fortunately I have yet to encounter any hand-wringing bed wetters who are upset by my nearly suicidal attitude.

I refuse to live in fear of some germ boogeyman chasing me down the street when I’m alone. I reluctantly wear a mask in stores because they won’t sell you stuff if you don’t but I don’t feel like I’m in danger of certain death without one. Our state still feels the need to control everyone but now that the bulk of the population has been vaccinated, already had it or is in a population when they barely notice they are sick I don’t see the point.

Having spent 6 days in the hospital last year, two and a half in ICU, I respectfully disagree with your viewpoint.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,031
    I'm surprised that some find RockAuto expensive once shipping is added. I have ordered numerous items from them over the years and they are superior to local parts stores in every way unless you need the item right now. Far better prices, and for shipping to Canada at least, surprisingly affordable, so overall they are still far cheaper. Never received the wrong item.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,256
    Having had no immune system from April though July last year, I appreciated people wearing PPE.
    Potentially, it wasn't just them that could be affected.
    People can be carriers but asymptomatic.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    edited May 2021
    ab348 said:

I'm surprised that some find RockAuto expensive once shipping is added. I have ordered numerous items from them over the years and they are superior to local parts stores in every way unless you need the item right now. Far better prices, and for shipping to Canada at least, surprisingly affordable, so overall they are still far cheaper. Never received the wrong item.

Yes, Rock Auto is quite a bit cheaper than local auto parts stores, agreed. But they are not always cheaper than Amazon once shipping is included. And with Rock Auto we are talking FedEx ground, up to 8 days for me in Texas. Amazon is 1 or 2 days. I usually cross shop the 2, Rock Auto and Amazon.

On this most recent escapade, Amazon was $156 all in for 4 brake rotors for my Pacifica. Rock Auto is at $161 all in, and $31 of that is for shipping. Really not a lot to choose between on the bottom line pricing.

ON EDIT: I mis-spoke, Rock Auto is $164 all in. I just pulled the trigger, the rotors should arrive Monday, the 24th. Fingers crossed that they get the order right.

• bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913

@roadburner said:

Perhaps you haven't heard what happened to 8 NY Yankee players and staff. Although they were all vaccinated they still came down with Covid-19. So one can't be too careful.

edited May 2021

Masks were always optional in my office. My receptionist and victim advocate caught COVID about six weeks apart- but not from any contacts in the office. My receptionist and I were chasing down files for a docket(in the same room) two days before she tested positive.
    And don't get me started on the asinine dictates of the KY Supreme Court; our courtroom is now a plexiglass labyrinth that will make it virtually impossible for either side to receive a fair trial.
    If a store asks me to wear a mask, I wear a mask.
    But outdoors? That's notgonnahappen.com.

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290

@oldfarmer50 said:

Agree 100%. I never wore a mask unless I absolutely had to. And the only time I have ever felt ill over the last year plus was when I got my second vacation. Now with that said ever since I got the second shot I have been feeling very fatigued in the evening.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

I spotted Batman’s arch enemy on the way to work today; he’s apparently fallen on hard times.

@roadburner said:
    Masks were always optional in my office. My receptionist and victim advocate caught COVID about six weeks apart- but not from any contacts in the office. My receptionist and I were chasing down files for a docket(in the same room) two days before she tested positive.
    And don't get me started on the asinine dictates of the KY Supreme Court; our courtroom is now a plexiglass labyrinth that will make it virtually impossible for either side to receive a fair trial.

Well if they can't receive a fair trial you gotta drop the charges.

@roadburner said:
    I spotted Batman’s arch enemy on the way to work today; he’s apparently fallen on hard times.

He's a joker
    he's a smoker
    He's a midnight toker

@roadburner said:

Well if they can't receive a fair trial you gotta drop the charges.

It's damned if you do, damned if you don't.

@roadburner said:

A cornerstone of our judicial system is a fair impartial trial,, if you can't provide that you cannot prosecute them. Better that ten guilty go free than one innocent person gets convicted.

henryn said:

Having spent 6 days in the hospital last year, two and a half in ICU, I respectfully disagree with your viewpoint.
    I sympathize with your situation and I don’t want to minimize it or get political. My stance is based on my assessment of my own health and my understanding of how viruses and masks work.
    Anyone who had compromised health, including the elderly should take extra precautions but I caught it in July of 2020 and it wasn’t any worse than the flu. When in close contact with my coworkers I took normal precautions but if someone is so immune compromised that the need to drive alone in a car with a mask, maybe they should stay home.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

bwia said:

@roadburner said:

Perhaps you haven't heard what happened to 8 NY Yankee players and staff. Although they were all vaccinated they still came down with Covid-19. So one can't be too careful.

From my understanding of how many false positives some tests produced I find it hard to believe.

@roadburner said:

A cornerstone of our judicial system is a fair impartial trial,, if you can't provide that you cannot prosecute them. Better that ten guilty go free than one innocent person gets convicted.

It's actually going to be a moot point; we are currently pleading out 99% of the cases.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,439
    I hope my county is doing that too. I have jury duty Monday (county level Petit court, 1 day or 1 trial). But instead of schlepping into Camden to hang out in a big room in the courthouse basement, I have to log into a zoom call at 10:00. That is as much as we have been told. I have no clue how it will work after that. I just hope by the time we all get accounted for, there are no trials left for the day so I can log off.

and of course, tell work that I was stuck in court all day!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

@roadburner said:

It's actually going to be a moot point; we are currently pleading out 99% of the cases.

you would know better, but it seems like that might be a good thing? Don't most of the trials end up where you expect anyway, so just settling in advance would just save a lot of time and effort?

stickguy said:

@roadburner said:

you would know better, but it seems like that might be a good thing? Don't most of the trials end up where you expect anyway, so just settling in advance would just save a lot of time and effort?

In 2019 we only tried two cases. Both were weak cases but we didn't have any choice. On the upside, we disposed of 100 more cases than we indicted. COVID shut the door on that, but we are still pleading several cases a week. Of course there are cases like the one I tried to negotiate today. The defendant is looking at five years in the penitentiary on a felony charge. With the consent of the arresting officer I offered a misdemeanor- forty five days probated for two years. The attorney thinks his guy may not take it...
    The KY Supreme Court did do one thing I agreed with; they increased the availability of Felony Mediation, which really works well. My victim and I sit down with the defendant and his/her attorney. A retired judge acts as mediator. A lot of times the defendant and/or the victim really need to hear a realistic assessment from an impartial source.

that sounds logical.

there actually can be some benefits coming out of the pandemic. A lot of entrenched "we always did it this way" processes had to chance on the fly. And some of the creative solutions are actually a lot better!

stopped for gas today when I ran out to the bank. only car at a Sunoco station was pulling out as I pulled in, and none came in while I was there. RUG was $.10 more than it was on Monday when I filled up the rental white whale at the same station. But now I have a full tank and nowhere far to go any time soon, so I probably won't even get gas again until before I leave on Memorial day weekend.

henryn said:

I sympathize with your situation and I don’t want to minimize it or get political. My stance is based on my assessment of my own health and my understanding of how viruses and masks work.
    Anyone who had compromised health, including the elderly should take extra precautions but I caught it in July of 2020 and it wasn’t any worse than the flu. When in close contact with my coworkers I took normal precautions but if someone is so immune compromised that the need to drive alone in a car with a mask, maybe they should stay home.
    Believe me when I say I also don't want to get political, and I don't want to start any trouble with anyone here. And yes, I agree, wearing a mask while driving alone in a car is silly. But I think you are leaving out one important point, perhaps the most important point -- you don't wear a mask to protect yourself, you wear a mask to protect others.

And all of the above has just become passe anyway, with the latest pronouncement from the CDC. Now if we can just convince the rest of the people to get vaccinated, perhaps we can really put all of this behind us. Isn't that a really nice thought?

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    jmonroe1 said:

henryn said:

tifighter said:

fintail said:

Oh. Wow.
    I was thinking the same thing, a lot of that gas is not going into any tank.
    What are you thinking here, evaporated or spilled?

The following is taken directly from the OSHA web site:

The general requirements for the handling and use of flammable and combustible liquids such as a gasoline are set forth in 29 CFR 1926.152(a):

(1) Only approved containers and portable tanks shall be used for storage and handling of flammable and combustible liquids. Approved safety cans or Department of Transportation approved containers shall be used for the handling and use of flammable liquids in quantities of 5 gallons or less...[Emphasis added.]
    What are the odds that if you showed those guide lines to that nitwit she wouldn’t be able to read it?

jmonroe

There's been reports that some of those same idiots got the karma coming to them, and either burned their cars up, or both the car and themselves.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    edited May 2021

@explorerx4 said:
    Here's a crazy little story.
    One of my kids is visiting and working remotely for a couple of weeks.
    The neighbors came over to visit, so we sat on the deck.
    A parakeet type bird landed on the railing and started squawking like it wanted some help.
    After we kind of puzzled a bit, I got some Ritz crackers, broke them up and put some pieces on the back of my hand. Also put some water in a bowl.
    It came over and ate the cracker pieces from my hand, then drank some of the water.
    My kid called animal control and also tried to contact a vet who lives a few houses down the street, but the police showed up.
    The officer obviously didn't want to take the bird, but thought it was a good idea to capture it.
    It did have a band on one of its' legs, buy we couldn't read it.
    I grabbed the bird and we put in in a box.
    Meanwhile one of the visiting neighbors saw the guy who lives across the street and went to talk to him about the bird, did he have any birdseed?.
    A lady randomly riding a bike down the street at the same time said, 'Did you say something about a bird?'.
    My neighbor explained about it showing up on the deck.
    The lady says she knows someone looking for a bird due to a facebook group posting and texts them.
    They say that's their bird and have been looking for it the last couple of days and come over and pick it up.
    Here's a pic of one of my neighbors feeding the bird.

Oh, that’s a gray-cheek Conure. Same bird we have. Ours is a green-cheek.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

not sure what the POA has to do with the bird, but thanks for sharing!

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891

@stickguy said:
    not sure what the POA has to do with the bird, but thanks for sharing!

I have no idea why my phone did that. Lol. But I immediately removed it. You must be quick!

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,256
    Kind of funny, at one point, the bird did fly over and sit on my head for a while.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,953
    OF, my cousin's mother died of the covid late last year. Obviously, her case was worse than just getting the flu. I wear a mask to protect myself as well as others out there. But it comes down to personal choice I guess. Bottom line is folks are still dying from this covid and that's no lie! Over 570K Americans have passed already. And India is having a heck of a time with it now. Still think it prudent for us all to use our due diligence going forward!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964

henryn said:

Some people who get covid have no reaction, some mild, some end up on a respirator or even dead. Outdoors, it is pretty hard for it to spread. Indoors, especially in an enclosed space it can spread easily. It can spread to a person who didn't know their health was compromised, or didn't know they could react really badly to covid, like needing a ventilator or dying.
    I heard a lawyer say under special circumstances giving it to someone who dies could potentially result in you be charged with murder - though it could be hard to prove.
    Most people won't react, some will get minor sickness........but do you want to be responsible for making someone seriously sick or killing them? btw...3.3 million in the world have died from covid, it is real!

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

stickguy said:

I hope my county is doing that too. I have jury duty Monday (county level Petit court, 1 day or 1 trial). But instead of schlepping into Camden to hang out in a big room in the courthouse basement, I have to log into a zoom call at 10:00. That is as much as we have been told. I have no clue how it will work after that. I just hope by the time we all get accounted for, there are no trials left for the day so I can log off.

Just curious, what if you had no zoom capability? Would they let you off?

OF, my cousin's mother died of the covid late last year. Obviously, her case was worse than just getting the flu. I wear a mask to protect myself as well as others out there. But it comes down to personal choice I guess. Bottom line is folks are still dying from this covid and that's no lie! Over 570K Americans have passed already. And India is having a heck of a time with it now. Still think it prudent for us all to use our due diligence going forward!

You’ll get no argument from me on due diligence but we’re told listen to the science so when the science says take off the mask we should listen to it, right.

BTW, very sorry for your relative.

stickguy said:

Yes. First they sent a letter that I was called, with a website to go to to take a survey. Questions about having internet, access to Zoom, a camera, stuff like that. I assume if you said No they just take your word for it. I was honest, so next thing I got was an Email with a link to a test Zoom meeting that I had to get into and let them know I could.

I would not be surprised if a lot of people just lied to get out of it.

stickguy said:

well, the science clearly says get the vaccine too. So if everybody did that there really would not be any question about the masks.

Humanity might be doomed to only be as good as its weakest link.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    andres3 said:

stickguy said:

well, the science clearly says get the vaccine too. So if everybody did that there really would not be any question about the masks.

Humanity might be doomed to only be as good as its weakest link.
    I really hope you didn't mean that the way it sounded. Really.
    stickguy said:

stickguy said:

Yes. First they sent a letter that I was called, with a website to go to to take a survey. Questions about having internet, access to Zoom, a camera, stuff like that. I assume if you said No they just take your word for it. I was honest, so next thing I got was an Email with a link to a test Zoom meeting that I had to get into and let them know I could.

We had our first jury orientation since February 2020. It was on Zoom, and it was a fiasco. The KY SC ordered judges to excuse anyone in high risk groups as well as anyone financially impacted by the pandemic. Needless to say, those two excuse were used as "Get out of jury duty free!' cards; 900 jurors were called in and 800 were excused.

stickguy said:

that sounds logical.

there actually can be some benefits coming out of the pandemic. A lot of entrenched "we always did it this way" processes had to chance on the fly. And some of the creative solutions are actually a lot better!

One of the cases we had to try was a charge of "Theft by failure to make required disposition." My predecessor indicted the defendant just before I took office, and I suspect it was her way to-once again-give me the middle finger.
    An older couple paid a guy to build a bridge on their farm. They paid 1/3 up front. The guy was doing a crummy job and they told him to quit and to refund their money. The defendant refused, claiming he had done more than enough work to justify keeping the money. I told the couple that the case would most likely never make it to the jury because the judge would direct a verdict for the defendant because the judge would consider the case to be a civil matter. The old couple whined and pleaded so I said, "What the H***l" and took it to trial. Sure enough, that's exactly what the judge did.
    As we are riding down in the elevator after we crashed and burned the old guy thanked me for taking the case to trial. Then he said, "You told us that was going to happen!"
    It took every bit of self restraint not to say, "Well, I've been practicing law in this county since 1982, so I kind of get a feel for how things are going to turn out."

• ronsteveronsteve Member Posts: 1,190
    henryn said:

henryn said:

Believe me when I say I also don't want to get political, and I don't want to start any trouble with anyone here. And yes, I agree, wearing a mask while driving alone in a car is silly. But I think you are leaving out one important point, perhaps the most important point -- you don't wear a mask to protect yourself, you wear a mask to protect others.

And all of the above has just become passe anyway, with the latest pronouncement from the CDC. Now if we can just convince the rest of the people to get vaccinated, perhaps we can really put all of this behind us. Isn't that a really nice thought?

A good friend of mine, in her mid 40s, healthy and in good shape (we ran together quite a bit before the pandemic), had COVID in January and still isn't back to 100 percent. A friend of a friend, a guy in his 40s, also pretty healthy and fit, had COVID in late January and is still intermittently on and off oxygen.
    So I'll respectfully disagree with the "It'S jUsT tHe FlU!" crowd.

I generally haven't masked outdoors unless I expect to be in a crowd, but that's one area that I am thankful for the relatively low population density here in Louisville. Social distance is pretty easy to maintain. Whenever I'm indoors such as a place of business, I wear a mask and in the absence of any mandates, I'll probably continue to mask whenever I'm around people of unknown vax status, at least for another few weeks. But a month from now? By then pretty much everyone who isn't vaxxed will be by choice, and it shouldn't be on me to support that choice. So when June 11 rolls around and everything is back to full capacity, I'll only be masking where someone still has a posted requirement. Not sure I'll be much for crowds for a while yet, as I've noticed I am pretty quick to become semi-claustrophobic these days.
    2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2013 VW Jetta 2.5SE
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,852
    edited May 2021

@stickguy said:

Wife just got called to Jury Duty in Camden County. I first said to her at least you don’t have to drive into Camden, it will be virtual. Of course I was forgetting that we don’t live in CC any longer and got her excused. I certainly won’t miss having to go to Camden for it.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

I joined this forum on Edmunds just a couple of months before purchasing my '06 Audi A3 in Ocean Blue Pearl w/ Sport Package w/ DSG.
    It's been a good ride with Audi; 15 years of excellence.
    New Topic: Insurance still sucks.
    Now it's Health Insurance.
    Admittedly.... I don't have a lot of experience really NEEDING TO USE my health insurance, but I've probably been with Kaiser for 95% of my life. That's a lot of blue moons on the calendar. The first time I need to get a surgery, it seems it's taking 1/2 year to get it. I got bumped since my procedure apparently isn't important enough. Does anyone find it odd that they can blame COVID for not offering better service and appointment time frames, yet don't return any premiums? They can't really blame Covid since March of this year though. How many months of additional premiums must you submit before you can actually collect an "insurance" benefit in health. SHEESHH. Do you know how much my employer and I contribute over the course of 6 months. Based on that huge dollar amount, I'd say it's unreasonable for Kaiser to have kept me waiting this long. After all, isn't "waiting forever" supposed to the the "CON" of single payer healthcare? Let me chalk up health insurance to just another insurance I'm sorely disappointed in for value.
    kyfdx said:

I just deleted a lot of posts.

We won't traffic in conspiracy theory, here.
    If you disagree (or agree) with me, keep it to yourself. If you don't like it, feel free to move on.
    I might have missed some posts, and some others might have got scooped up inadvertently with the trash. I don't need to know about that.

Thanks!

Thanks for doing that. I come here to get away from talk of that stuff.

andres3 said:

I joined this forum on Edmunds just a couple of months before purchasing my '06 Audi A3 in Ocean Blue Pearl w/ Sport Package w/ DSG.
    The first time I need to get a surgery, it seems it's taking 1/2 year to get it. I got bumped since my procedure apparently isn't important enough. Does anyone find it odd that they can blame COVID for not offering better service and appointment time frames, yet don't return any premiums? They can't really blame Covid since March of this year though. How many months of additional premiums must you submit before you can actually collect an "insurance" benefit in health. SHEESHH. Do you know how much my employer and I contribute over the course of 6 months. Based on that huge dollar amount, I'd say it's unreasonable for Kaiser to have kept me waiting this long.

To that all I can say is, don't ever move to Canada. It is like what you described, but to the nth power.

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,255

@graphicguy said:
    Mike…I agree. Well worth the membership fee for the gas savings alone. I do shop in the store, too. I love their Kirkland Vitamin Water. I also love their Organic fish and beef. They always seem to have a good selection of Campbell’s soups, that I enjoy, too. Few other things I like…..their roasted whole chickens are the best…better than I make at home and cheaper, too.

Plus, when I travel (like down to the land of @kyfdx and @roadburner), they have liquor stores that offer some mighty fine spirits at a very good price.

Funny you should mention their liquor products. My twin brother loves Cognac. He used to buy branded Cognac (VSOP I think) but he tried their Kirkland brand Cognac and fell in love with it - not because it’s 2/3 the price of branded cognac - but because it was actually better! So now all he drinks is the Kirkland Cognac - and he can well afford anything he wants! 🤪😜🤓

2021 Genesis G90

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,852

@abacomike said:

@graphicguy said:
    Mike…I agree. Well worth the membership fee for the gas savings alone. I do shop in the store, too. I love their Kirkland Vitamin Water. I also love their Organic fish and beef. They always seem to have a good selection of Campbell’s soups, that I enjoy, too. Few other things I like…..their roasted whole chickens are the best…better than I make at home and cheaper, too.

Plus, when I travel (like down to the land of @kyfdx and @roadburner), they have liquor stores that offer some mighty fine spirits at a very good price.

Funny you should mention their liquor products. My twin brother loves Cognac. He used to buy branded Cognac (VSOP I think) but he tried their Kirkland brand Cognac and fell in love with it - not because it’s 2/3 the price of branded cognac - but because it was actually better! So now all he drinks is the Kirkland Cognac - and he can well afford anything he wants! 🤪😜🤓

I’m rarely that lucky!!
    Does Costco have a house brand bourbon? I know they have a vodka. I’ve seen it at people’s houses.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve