Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,515
    unlike many people from my area (NY/NJ) I never took a straight through drive trip to Florida. About the longest was from outside Philly to Columbia SC. That was a pretty good hike. To kitty hawk in the outer banks might have been close.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,646
    dad23 said:

There's a chance of severe hail here this afternoon. We only have a 3-car garage so the 97 4Runner normally sits outside. I can hear the boys downstairs debating whether to leave it out or put it in the garage and put the 13 Pilot out. Which would likely get totaled quicker if it was bad...

I watch a number of car Youtubers from Kansas and Oklahoma areas and they are always pointing out the hail damage on cars. I guess they don’t rust like up here but get totaled from the hail.

Isn’t there some sort of cushioning blanket you can throw over your cars if you have to leave them outside. Something with some foam backing maybe?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

put some pillows of foam couch cushions under a car cover. Should do the job!

and rust is fatal. Hail is just cosmetic. And if it is something for driving, if I can save a bunch of $ because it has dimples, works for me!

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,543
    dad23 said:

There's a chance of severe hail here this afternoon. We only have a 3-car garage so the 97 4Runner normally sits outside. I can hear the boys downstairs debating whether to leave it out or put it in the garage and put the 13 Pilot out. Which would likely get totaled quicker if it was bad...

There’s alway hell in here. Sorry, just noticed you said “hail”. In any case we can talk about that too. Might make more sense than some of the topics we’ve discussed. Dishwashers excluded of course.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012

I like to leave early in the morning(3 to 5 am) if I'm going to drive a long distance.
    That way when I get there, I don't feel like I missed a day due to driving.

My dad hated long distance driving, but in the summer of 1971 we drove from CA to NY and back. He liked to leave early, as well, then stop around 3 or 4 in the afternoon so we kids could burn off the pent up energy (I was 7, and my sister was 4).

This was done in a ‘67 VW Squareback, mind you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,306
    Have 2 kids. Once we got a 3 row SUV, travelling was great. They each got their own row and could set to up just the way they wanted.
    We also had a portable dvd player and they could watch a movie or 2 depending on how long the trip was.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    edited May 2021
    stickguy said:

put some pillows of foam couch cushions under a car cover. Should do the job!

and rust is fatal. Hail is just cosmetic. And if it is something for driving, if I can save a bunch of $ because it has dimples, works for me!

You should watch that guy from Auto Auctions Rebuilds. He’s always doing videos on hail damaged cars. I agree, if I was looking for a beater car I wouldn’t care if it had hail as much as rust.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,977
    Michaell said:

I like to leave early in the morning(3 to 5 am) if I'm going to drive a long distance.

My dad hated long distance driving, but in the summer of 1971 we drove from CA to NY and back. He liked to leave early, as well, then stop around 3 or 4 in the afternoon so we kids could burn off the pent up energy (I was 7, and my sister was 4).

Cruel and unusual punishment. I bet your ears rang for days. Not a quiet car.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    sda said:

Michaell said:

My brother owned one of those (VW Squareback). Offhand, I can't think of a single good thing to say about it. I owned a couple of the original VW Bugs, and they were kind of neat, in their own unique way. Not so the Squareback.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012
    sda said:

Michaell said:

I was 7; what did I know from noise?
    I rode in the back; the rear seat was flipped down, and luggage was on one side of the car; I had a blanket on the other side. I'm pretty sure my sister rode on my mom's lap the entire trip.

I do remember all the cars that were on the side of the road on I-15 going to Las Vegas, that had overheated. The little air cooled engine in the VW just soldiered on.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• dad23dad23 Member Posts: 870
    Well no hail or rust today, so far anyway. Shortly after I posted that, one of them went over to a friend's house to hang out for the evening. His folks are in Vegas for the weekend, he texted and said the 4Runner is safely sitting in their garage!
  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,975
    tifighter said:

Well, y'know all of my posts are for you, driver; I should have considered the video length. But to be fair to the guy in the video, he was running out of island to cross. And BTW, traffic actually improves your range in an EV.

I think the test was good up to a point, with a few small questionable things. If I had more time I would watch right through, but I picked the key points by skimming....I have to spend time on my fan mail too you know. But, how does being in traffic improve the range...you have to still cover the miles, you do it at a slower speed, but if traffic has stopped doesn't that work against you?

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,934

@stickguy said:
    unlike many people from my area (NY/NJ) I never took a straight through drive trip to Florida. About the longest was from outside Philly to Columbia SC. That was a pretty good hike. To kitty hawk in the outer banks might have been close.

Out of 3 attempts, I made it once. The time we drove there and back, we hit hours of traffic each way that put a kink in things. On the way down, I made it to Savannah. On the way back, some unknown area in WV. The time I made it was in a rental Durango. We had flown down, rented the car, used it for the week, then drove back to Philly airport and got back in our van and drove home. No bad traffic was the trick.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

My limit is 600 miles in one day.

The distance from my driveway in SC to my mother’s driveway about 10 miles East of the Burgh was 620 miles. That was a little more than 10 hours driving time and 12 hours total road time which included stopping for a meal and a relief stop. Don’t know how many times I did that back in the mid to late 90’s. I don’t think I would try doing that today though.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • ronsteveronsteve Member Posts: 1,194
    I've done close to 900 miles solo, and over 700 with shared driving, but I was much younger then. Now it's a pretty hard limit of 700 miles, regardless of more comfortable vehicles or sharing the driving. Once we get past 500 miles, especially on return trips, driver changes are more and more frequent.

I'm just too old for that sh*t anymore.
    2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2021 VW TIguan SE 4Motion
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,906

I’ve done south Jersey to Charlotte going south and Bangor ME going north. I’ve done Boston and back in one day.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

driver100 said:

tifighter said:

Well, y'know all of my posts are for you, driver; I should have considered the video length. But to be fair to the guy in the video, he was running out of island to cross. And BTW, traffic actually improves your range in an EV.

I think the test was good up to a point, with a few small questionable things. If I had more time I would watch right through, but I picked the key points by skimming....I have to spend time on my fan mail too you know. But, how does being in traffic improve the range...you have to still cover the miles, you do it at a slower speed, but if traffic has stopped doesn't that work against you?
    Regenerative braking puts charge back in.

Two trips both about 12 hrs/600 mi. Left after work and drove thru the night and early morning. Knoxville, Tn to New Orleans (Westbank) to visit family friends and attend Mardi Gras. Charlotte, NC to New Iberia, La. Same friends, attend Mardi Gras in Lafayette. Of course no trip was complete without pouring rain, limited visibility, and wipers in mom’s car scrunching and skipping all the way. We had a great time and ate wonderful food.

• bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    Can some one explain how Medina Spirit, a horse trained by Bob Baffert, was allowed to run at the Preakness, (and placed third) even though he was disqualified for doping at the Kentucky Derby after his unexpected win. Baffert explained the situation by saying that the horse had tested positive for an anti-inflammatory pain-masking drug and not a performance enhancing drug. Yeah, Right. And would you believe Medina Spirit will also be allowed to run in the Belmont Stakes in New York on June 5, the third race of the Triple Crown?
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    One long car trip of note for me. I was in college and we were on summer break. I worked in a Pepsi Cola bottling plant this one summer. We worked a TON of overtime for the madness of selling soda leading up to July 4th. This particular July 4th fell on a Thursday. Somehow, the union had negotiated the Friday after the 4th as part of the long weekend. But, they were scheduling shifts on that following Friday and Saturday. I wasn’t privy to all of what exactly happened, and to work there, you had to belong to the union. I was all of 19, and really didn’t care. But, the union was particularly strong at this bottling plant and the workers were pretty peeved about the forced overtime they had to work over the July 4th long weekend.

They called a wildcat strike the Wednesday before July 4th after my shift (which was about 4:00 p.m.). I just wanted to make money to pay for tuition, but had to go along with them. I had picket line duty immediately after my shift, which lasted until midnight. Depending on how long the strike would go on, I didn’t have picket line duty again well into the end of the following week.

My (then) girlfriend from college moved to Riverside, CA. She was transferring from my alma mater (Miami) to Stanford.

I was going to use the time we were on strike to visit her. Called and told her I was on my way. Outside of that phone call, there was no communications. No cell phones. No texts. No emails. And, to make any calls along the way, i either had to stuff a pay phone with a bunch of quarters, or reverse the charges for the calls to her parents, something she said would not be met with smiles and understanding.

I had a well worn, and ill-running MGB-GT. That wasn’t going to make it. But, one of my college roommates had an older, but in great shape, Ford Torino. I convinced him to go on this little adventure with me, with the promise my girlfriend would “hook him up” with her best friend.

Away we went. We filled up a cooler with sodas and snacks. Aside from bathroom breaks, gas station stops, we drove straight through. One person slept while the other person drove over 2 ½ days. Coming over the Rockies, that Torino, with all the smog controls choking it, bucked and chugged until we got over the other side. Aside from that, it ran great.

Got to the GF’s house, expecting a warm reception, but getting a stern “you ain’t staying here” from her Father. Attempted to sleep in front of her house in the car. That was a no-go, too. Ended up driving to an empty spot in the nearby mountains and sleeping in the car for a couple of days.

GF was not the kind of person who would go up against her Father. And obviously, her Father was not a fan of mine (she didn’t even tell him I was coming).

Against my protestations, my travel companion decided it was time to drive home 2 ½ days back. As they say, it wasn’t the destination but the journey that provided stories, laughs, and hi-jinks along the way that we remember.

Got home only to find out the strike was settled and I had just enough time to wash what was a week’s worth of travel and road dirt off me, sleep a few hours, and go back to work.

Never saw the GF, again. And, my travel companion passed away 2 months ago from COVID!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    edited May 2021

Greetings, all!
    For those who purchased new plugins, did you receive the Fed tax credit? If so, did you have to supply any "proof" with your return, e.g. a letter from the manufacturer/dealer certifying your purchase of an eligible vehicle? Looking ahead to my '21 return for the A7 PHEV. I'll research, but I find most of the knowledge of the universe is contained in this (or CCBA) forum...
    That is all for now, appreciate any comments on the Fed tax credit for the PHEV.
    Hoping that you, and all you hold dear, are happy, healthy and sane.

How to Claim the Credit.
    T
    • The maximum tax credit for the 2021 A7 55 TFSI e Quattro is $6,712. Don't know what it is for Massachusetts but it was $2,500 before the phase-out begins.
    • Fill out IRS Form 8936, Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit. https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8936.pdf
    • For vehicles acquired for personal use, report the credit from IRS Form 8936 on the appropriate line of your Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.
    • For vehicles purchased in 2010 or later, this credit can be used toward the alternative minimum tax (AMT).
    • If the qualifying vehicle is purchased for business use, the credit for the business use of an electric vehicle is reported on IRS Form 3800, General Business Credit.

Obviously, you will need the requisite paperwork from the dealer. And if you have already filed your 2020 return, you can always file an amended return to get get the credit. Not sure how this works for used vehicles but the process should be the same.
    I thought at least on the Bolt lease I looked at (well, thought about) last year the dealer had you sign it over so it was rolled into the payment?

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    Car shows are going on with the weather here being cooperative now. I'm tickled pink
    to have so many that are likely to have good classic car turnouts to choose from.
    And best of all, the Columbus Oldsmobile chapter has scheduled a show for the fall.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    edited May 2021
    The Fed and Ohio governments will be richer now that I've finalized my income tax forms.
    For the first time I submitted my Ohio form on their website. No TurboTax
    necessary.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

@graphicguy, that sounded like a real adventure. Sorry to learn about your friend.

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,975
    sda said:

@graphicguy, that sounded like a real adventure. Sorry to learn about your friend.

Yeh, good story GG....the things we did for love!

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

Back around 1995 or thereabouts, I was in the process of selling off a bunch of old Decstation 3100 computers. These were early RISC based workstations, running a variant of Unix. Chevron, where I worked, had bought a number of them and a few years later declared them surplus. I bought about 20 of them at a very favorable (employee) price, and rented a storage unit to stash them. I sold a few locally (enough to cover my original investment), and advertised them online (early days of the internet).

A college student from the University of North Carolina (a long way from Houston, TX) contacted me about purchasing several, complete with SCSI hard drive and 21 inch monitor. We arranged a deal, and he drove down over the spring break. Turns out he had a girl friend locally that he wanted to see, and he hoped to pay for the trip by making a profit on the computers. He was in an older Honda Accord, and we were able to stuff a surprising number of computers with 21 inch CRT monitors (which are massive) inside that old Accord.

When he went to pay, he was scraping the bottom of his pockets, right down to the pocket change, and he was still short a few dollars. I forgave him the few dollars and asked if he had enough money to get home. He did have a gasoline credit card, and nothing else. I gave him back $20 so he could eat on the way home. Hey, I was once a starving college student myself!

Looking back on it, I hope his girlfriend was more accommodating than @graphicguy’s.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,725
    bwia said:

Greetings, all!
    For those who purchased new plugins, did you receive the Fed tax credit? If so, did you have to supply any "proof" with your return, e.g. a letter from the manufacturer/dealer certifying your purchase of an eligible vehicle? Looking ahead to my '21 return for the A7 PHEV. I'll research, but I find most of the knowledge of the universe is contained in this (or CCBA) forum...
    That is all for now, appreciate any comments on the Fed tax credit for the PHEV.
    Hoping that you, and all you hold dear, are happy, healthy and sane.

How to Claim the Credit.
    T
    • The maximum tax credit for the 2021 A7 55 TFSI e Quattro is $6,712. Don't know what it is for Massachusetts but it was $2,500 before the phase-out begins.
    • Fill out IRS Form 8936, Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit. https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8936.pdf
    • For vehicles acquired for personal use, report the credit from IRS Form 8936 on the appropriate line of your Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.
    • For vehicles purchased in 2010 or later, this credit can be used toward the alternative minimum tax (AMT).
    • If the qualifying vehicle is purchased for business use, the credit for the business use of an electric vehicle is reported on IRS Form 3800, General Business Credit.

Obviously, you will need the requisite paperwork from the dealer. And if you have already filed your 2020 return, you can always file an amended return to get get the credit. Not sure how this works for used vehicles but the process should be the same.
    Thanks, BWIA. Purchased in '21, so for next year's return time.
    Purchase price above the MA max, so no luck there.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,725
    Spring break, sophomore year. 3 college friends and I drove to FL in my (dad's) Renault LeCar (yes, I was that cool. Yellow, with black racing stripes and a vinyl sunroof). Three of us could drive a stick, and it was Mike's turn to drive. Mike announced we were running low on gas, keep an eye out for stations (we were probably in the Carolina's well into the night). I was in the back seat attempting a nap, when I did notice a tall, electronic sign go by.
    "How we doing on gas, Mike?"
    "Light's on, LD"
    "Did you see that sign, Mike? What did it say?"
    "Yeah, it was a thermometer. It's really hot out, 109.9 degrees!"
    "Hang a U Mike, hope you have $1.10 for a gallon of gas."
    Needless to say, Mike was the least brightest bulb in our low-watt circuit.
    We made it. And, had a great time!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• coldinohiocoldinohio Member Posts: 170
    Drives are interesting
    longest solo: in days of 55 mph federal speed limits: 830 - honda civic CVCC
    longest oneway-spring break-- also 55 mph limits-- 1400 with 3 drivers-- honda accord LX
    now longest is ~650 miles with two drives (and not at 55mph!)
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,348
    What seemed like the longest drives(but weren't) were from Fairbanks AK to Coldfoot AK to Deadhorse AK and back the next day during the 2000 ALCAN Rally. We were running in convoy on ice covered roads through the Brooks Range. Unfortunately, our X5 had Scorpion S/T rubber with only 100 studs per tire.
    And then there was the Phase One whiteout...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,324

Dropped by my American Legion post and found this outside.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

nice car, but not a fan of that wheel/tire package on it.

I like it. I think Cragars can work well on any 50s-60s car.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

What is that, a 65 or 66 Malibu? I was never really fond of those, even when they were new on the market. That is a nice looking example, I'll give you that. And those wheels do seem to go with the car.

@henryn said:
    What is that, a 65 or 66 Malibu? I was never really fond of those, even when they were new on the market. That is a nice looking example, I'll give you that. And those wheels do seem to go with the car.

Yep it's a 66 Malibu. According to the owner the only bodywork done to it was a new paint job. Interior looked like it was new.

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,348
    qbrozen said:

I like it. I think Cragars can work well on any 50s-60s car.

Those aren't Cragars- they are almost certainly American Racing Torq[sic] Thrust wheels:

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• ronsteveronsteve Member Posts: 1,194
    bwia said:

Can some one explain how Medina Spirit, a horse trained by Bob Baffert, was allowed to run at the Preakness, (and placed third) even though he was disqualified for doping at the Kentucky Derby after his unexpected win. Baffert explained the situation by saying that the horse had tested positive for an anti-inflammatory pain-masking drug and not a performance enhancing drug. Yeah, Right. And would you believe Medina Spirit will also be allowed to run in the Belmont Stakes in New York on June 5, the third race of the Triple Crown?

Wasn't DQ'd from the Derby. That's still pending the "alternate" sample... can't remember what it's called but in cycling they call it the "B-sample." Only then will the Kentucky Racing Commission actually make a ruling.

Only got cleared to run the Preakness after a clean pre-race test, which is unusual to test before the race. I wonder if he will have to test again before Belmont?
    2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2021 VW TIguan SE 4Motion
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,084
    The explanation of the Derby horse was that some ointment used for a skin or hoof condition had an illegal ingredient. I find it hard to believe that ointment can make much of a difference in a horse's speed.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

@roadburner said:
    Those aren't Cragars- they are almost certainly American Racing Torq[sic] Thrust wheels:

I should have said Cragar-style, but assumed old-school folks would know what I meant.

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,906

Hmm.. wonder if this is true.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

tjc78 said:

Not sure how true it is but there have been many stories of people needing to get new batteries and finding the price of replacing the batteries to be prohibitive. Such stories would defiantly keep me away from EV's as used vehicles.

ab348 said:

The explanation of the Derby horse was that some ointment used for a skin or hoof condition had an illegal ingredient. I find it hard to believe that ointment can make much of a difference in a horse's speed.

I have to agree with you. If ointment increased your speed, Id lather that stuff all over me and never worry about the Dining Room Table Derby in our house. Probably helps more if you lose the race.

jmonroe
    tjc78 said:

I seriously doubt that those batteries are “draining toxins” into the ground. But, if I was an oil company or a gas station owner, I’d say the same thing.

jmonroe
    ICE junkyards are toxic wastelands leaking all kinds of nasty fluids into the ground.

Batteries can be recycled. But I’m no expert on it.

As to the derby, they just said they tested positive for one of the many banned substances, not that it actually helped him win! And in this situation, testing pre and post race makes sense.

Currently in a zoom waiting room, pending some meeting host judge letting me into the call. At least I didn’t have to train into Camden to sit in a huge room full of odd people and uncomfortable chairs!

Oh, man those company cars look best up. Can’t French people drive without hitting things?

stickguy said:

Oh, man those company cars look best up. Can’t French people drive without hitting things?

That’s what happens with a lot of “company” cars. If you don’t own it you don’t take the same care with it like you would if it was yours. Having said that, the company I worked for had a few cars for our site and if you banged it up you BETTER have a good reason for it. I never had a problem but heard what happened when you were responsible for the car. Because of that several folks I knew didn’t even want to use the company car for local trips. Just used their own cars and charged the mileage allowance on their expense report for that month.

jmonroe
    I loved taking my own car when we were allowed to. Make a fortune at the per mile charge. And nicer than the rentals they eventually required us to get instead.

stickguy said:

Of course they can. These cars were test subjects for the U.S. NHTSA. By the way, NHTSA is hiring as indicated by their website. "NHTSA’s employees work in a variety of occupations—from testing vehicles, keeping car buyers informed and fighting to get vehicles with defects recalled, to working with local police to keep drunk drivers off the road and enforce safety laws. But there’s one thing all of these occupations have in common: at NHTSA our job is saving lives." The salaries are not bad either from $59,342 to $134,423 per year.
    Test dummies make extra with generous rehabilitation benefits.