Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,464
    driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

Thanks for the help guys. I actually got it working but not sure what did it. I found a skinny plastic pen and I really put pressure on one of those buttons........I think the reset one and it actually snapped back out.
    Then I did test and a little light I had plugged in came on. I'm not sure whether I pushed reset back in or not or the sequence but now it is working until the next time.
    Maybe the sequence of which button is pressed first makes a difference, but I definitely used a lot of pressure until the reset button snapped out!

There is no sequence once it’s tripped. When it’s tripped the only way to reset it is to push the “reset” button. If it takes an inordinate amount of pressure to get it reset, that isn’t an electrical problem within the GFCI, that could be mechanical binding of the plastic button and the GFCI housing. That is a worse problem because if the GFCI senses a fault it could mechanically hank-up and not trip. Therefore, you should hit the test button to see if it trips once a month or so. If it does that proves the GFCI will trip when it senses a fault and it’s not mechanically binding.

Too many people don’t take hitting the “test bottom” seriously as stated in the GFCI instruction sheet. Don’t be one of those dopes.

jmonroe
    Good point....will try to test it more often. If I tested all the things that should be tested every month that would be a full time job, tire pressure, smoke alarms, carbon dioxide testers, change batteries annually in everything, vacuum alarms, clean furnace filters, put Mr Plumber down the sink, etc etc.
    Sounds like you’re going to learn how to pick your poison.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
    driver100 said:

carnaught said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

Is there a sure fire way to get a "RESET" button to actually reset at an electrical outlet? I may have to hire The Guy. or Monroe!
    There's an electric outlet on each side of the kitchen sink. We have the Keurig on the left side. Today it didn't work - it did eventually when we plugged it in at another outlet.
    We have pushed in the reset button several times but nothing changes. There is also a test button on the bottom.

That is a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) receptacle. If the reset button doesn’t work check the breaker. If the breaker is working properly, meaning it didn’t trip because of an over current condition, then the GFCI receptacle is bad. They do go bad over time. I have one in the kitchen that needs replaced because it is getting very sensitive and trips for no apparent reason.

They’re very easy to replace. Just turn off the breaker and go for it. No guy required.

jmonroe
    Oh, that’s so nice to see you boys getting along.

We have the utmost respect for each other in real life :p
    Speak for yourself. :@

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964
    I was reading a pretty good review for a 2021 Buick Envision. Nothing sensational but they seem to think it is a pretty fair value. I find the exterior looks more like a Mazda than a Mazda. This view I saw of the interior looks like if you get eye level from the seat position you won't see out of the window on the left...the seat looks really low.

Exterior:

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

carnaught said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

Is there a sure fire way to get a "RESET" button to actually reset at an electrical outlet? I may have to hire The Guy. or Monroe!
    There's an electric outlet on each side of the kitchen sink. We have the Keurig on the left side. Today it didn't work - it did eventually when we plugged it in at another outlet.
    We have pushed in the reset button several times but nothing changes. There is also a test button on the bottom.

That is a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) receptacle. If the reset button doesn’t work check the breaker. If the breaker is working properly, meaning it didn’t trip because of an over current condition, then the GFCI receptacle is bad. They do go bad over time. I have one in the kitchen that needs replaced because it is getting very sensitive and trips for no apparent reason.

They’re very easy to replace. Just turn off the breaker and go for it. No guy required.

jmonroe
    Oh, that’s so nice to see you boys getting along.

We have the utmost respect for each other in real life :p
    Speak for yourself. :@

jmonroe
    See what I mean :)

@jmonroe1 I actually do mean this, all joking aside, JMonroe writes eloquently about all matters electrical and home building. Clear, concise and not only that....but easy to understand :) . I enjoy when he explains things so well for the common man.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    edited May 2021
    CX30 probably made the CX3 redundant. Plus it seems like a much nicer car.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,860
    I hadn't been to Wendy's in a long time so I went today. They don't take Apple Pay or Google Pay. I guess I seemed too amazed by that fact because the lady at the window said, "Hey, I just work here". I noticed her badge said MANAGER on it so I mentioned she should know why they don't since she is the manager. She got angry. :)

Is it just my Wendy's or it it all of them?

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    venture said:

I hadn't been to Wendy's in a long time so I went today. They don't take Apple Pay or Google Pay. I guess I seemed too amazed by that fact because the lady at the window said, "Hey, I just work here". I noticed her badge said MANAGER on it so I mentioned she should know why they don't since she is the manager. She got angry. :)

Sir. This is a Wendy's.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,029
    Some retailers just don't care I think. My former employer has become one of those. We are enduring the second lockdown imposed by our Public Health overlords which is expected to continue for another month (we're already 3 weeks in). I have been making use of curbside pickup at places like Walmart, Loblaws, Canadian Tire etc., which works well and is both convenient and easy. But not at my former employer. In response to the lockdown they reduced their hours open to be from 10AM to 6PM, have closed all their stores on Sundays, and force customers to line up 6 feet apart outdoors before being allowed inside as their approved customer capacity is only 2 or 3 people in a lot of their stores. Curbside would be a natural for them but noooo. Unreal. I haven't seen them mention either of those pay options either.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

driver100 said:

@jmonroe1 I actually do mean this, all joking aside, JMonroe writes eloquently about all matters electrical and home building. Clear, concise and not only that....but easy to understand :) . I enjoy when he explains things so well for the common man.

Ah shucks, thanks.

This reminds me of when my old employer wanted me to come back and work for them as a consultant after I retired because of my experience. There were too many folks that worked in groups that our group supported and when I asked, “when do you guys think it would be a good time to start learning something more than the most routine stuff”? I’d hear, “that’s why they pay you the big bucks”. I’m not going to deny that I was well compensated for my experience but if you sit on you hands all the time and let someone else lead the way, you’ll never make the big bucks. When I pointed this out to some of them I’d hear, “yeah, yeah, I know, but I’m too busy right now to dig too deep into this old stuff”. For some, it’s never the right time.

jmonroe
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,559
    edited May 2021
    “ I just read that another sedan will be axed. 2021 last year for the Mazda 6. Also the Mazda CX3”

What is the world coming to? It won’t be long before we’ll have nothing but boxy SUVs to choose from. It’s the story of my life that if I like a product, the manufacturer will kill it faster than a jack rabbit. TV programs too. If my wife and I start watching a show they yank it off the air. I guess I’m no longer in a desirable demographic.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889

@driver100 said:
    I was reading a pretty good review for a 2021 Buick Envision. Nothing sensational but they seem to think it is a pretty fair value. I find the exterior looks more like a Mazda than a Mazda. This view I saw of the interior looks like if you get eye level from the seat position you won't see out of the window on the left...the seat looks really low.

Exterior:

Way too similar to the Blazer, IMHO.
    https://content.homenetiol.com/2000292/2162217/0x0/67f050fed565497987be6cf9f0e0fe93.jpg

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    sda said:

I just read that another sedan will be axed. 2021 last year for the Mazda 6. Also the Mazda CX3.

Not a surprise, hmm, two more ICE vehicles bite the dust. I don't remember the last time I saw Mazda 6 on the road, or anywhere else for that matter. And come to think of it the CX3 is anonymous; and it a world full of subcompact CUVs it's easy to overlook the CX3.
    stickguy said:

Give them cash. It’s just as good as money.

Some of the people I work with (particularly the young ones) carry no cash at all. When faced with anything that requires it they get a deer in the headlights look. God help them if an EMP or Godzilla takes down the electric grid.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290

stickguy said:

Some of the people I work with (particularly the young ones) carry no cash at all. When faced with anything that requires it they get a deer in the headlights look. God help them if an EMP or Godzilla takes down the electric grid.
    I work with a couple of people like that. No cash what so ever and everything is paid by a debit card or something like apple pay. I always carry cash and there are places that I frequent that only accept cash, I'll actually be at one tomorrow.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

driver100 said:

The Chinese built Buick Envision sells well both in the U.S. and China. And I am surprised that GM continues to import it even though it has to "eat" the import tariffs imposed by the U.S. on Chinese made goods.
    stickguy said:

When we came back from Florida 14 months ago I put my usual $200 cash in my wallet. A tiny bit has flowed out and a tiny bit in, but I probably still have 80% of the original $200. We are in lockdowns and stores don't want cash. For me, it is almost the cashless society.

“ I just read that another sedan will be axed. 2021 last year for the Mazda 6. Also the Mazda CX3”

What is the world coming to? It won’t be long before we’ll have nothing but boxy SUVs to choose from. It’s the story of my life that if I like a product, the manufacturer will kill it faster than a jack rabbit. TV programs too. If my wife and I start watching a show they yank it off the air. I guess I’m no longer in a desirable demographic.

There should be a law that SUVs should have glass sides on them. I had to park between 2 SUVs in 2 separate spots today...in both cases I was parked with the front end out, in both cases I had to leave my parking spot very slowly because I couldn't see past the SUV on either side of me.
    2 solutions....1) if my car had a periscope that came out of the grill, OR 2) if the SUVs were required to have mirrors I could look at to see up and down the aisles.

driver100 said:

stickguy said:

When we came back from Florida 14 months ago I put my usual $200 cash in my wallet. A tiny bit has flowed out and a tiny bit in, but I probably still have 80% of the original $200. We are in lockdowns and stores don't want cash. For me, it is almost the cashless society.
    At times I like to use cash simply because I don't want to be tracked. And by that I mean I don't want my wife you went to the Silo again? Or something like that.

qbrozen said:

@driver100 said:

Exterior:

Way too similar to the Blazer, IMHO.
    https://content.homenetiol.com/2000292/2162217/0x0/67f050fed565497987be6cf9f0e0fe93.jpg

It is similar, though at least the Blazer has an edgier more unique look to it, while the Envision looks very.....well, Buicky. Another good thing for me if I was interested in one, even though I for sure am not, is the Envision is made in China which is a show stopper for me, and the Blazer is made in Mexico which is OK.

bwia said:

driver100 said:

The Chinese built Buick Envision sells well both in the U.S. and China. And I am surprised that GM continues to import it even though it has to "eat" the import tariffs imposed by the U.S. on Chinese made goods.
    GM sells a lot of cars in China and the Envision is a big seller....the Chinese people love Buicks. It is the right size etc for the American market so I guess it is easier to make enough for the American market at the same time.....probably costs are low enough that they can eat the extra tarriffs they pay to bring them in. I'd opt for the Blazer, almost the same car at least made in Mexico.

driver100 said:

stickguy said:

At times I like to use cash simply because I don't want to be tracked. And by that I mean I don't want my wife you went to the Silo again? Or something like that.
    Does she get to check your telephone tracking of where you have been? My wife has shown me hers, I had no idea....the cities she has been to, stores, trips everything..........

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

stickguy said:

Does she get to check your telephone tracking of where you have been? My wife has shown me hers, I had no idea....the cities she has been to, stores, trips everything..........
    Nope, we don't track each other like that. Also I have developed that habit of turning off my phone if I am going to be out for most of the day. I started to do that to conserve battery power as my old phone was almost 5 years old and had a noticeable reduction in the battery life.

driver100 said:

There should be a law that SUVs should have glass sides on them. I had to park between 2 SUVs in 2 separate spots today...in both cases I was parked with the front end out, in both cases I had to leave my parking spot very slowly because I couldn't see past the SUV on either side of me.
    2 solutions....1) if my car had a periscope that came out of the grill, OR 2) if the SUVs were required to have mirrors I could look at to see up and down the aisles.
    Or you could pull in face first like you’re supposed to do. I worked at a place where that was the law and you’d lose your parking lot privileges for a month if you backed in or pulled through. I can’t believe that people either back in or pull through a spot so they are facing the aisle at grocery stores and anywhere else for that matter when you know damn well you’re going to buy something and put it in the trunk. I try not to pull into a spot when I see that because I don’t want these nitwits banging into my front bumper trying to finagle a cart to get to their trunk. That is one of my biggest pet peeves.

A backup camera with a wide view is perfect for seeing around cars on either side when you pull in face first and have to back out. It ain’t like you’re driving your fathers Oldsmobile today. Wake up, there are some things today that are better given that there are too many beast mobiles in the world that you have to see around in parking lots.

Rant over.

jmonroe
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    edited May 2021
    I was driving on a rural road in Indiana today and there was almost no traffic. This was the view out of my window at a stop sign. It was a fun road for driving even at the speed limit of 30. Taking random drives like this is in part how I plan to get up to 15k+ miles a year.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • ronsteveronsteve Member Posts: 1,190

@benjaminh said:
    I was driving on a rural road in Indiana today and there was almost no traffic. This was the view out of my window at a stop sign. It was a fun road for driving even at the speed limit of 30. Taking random drives like this is in part how I plan to get up to 15k+ miles a year.

Is that over in the Knobs? The Indiana side is so much quieter, with better sight lines and not overposted speed limits. Though some are probably under posted, I’m all for sane speeds given my normal usage of those roads.

2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2013 VW Jetta 2.5SE
    jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

Or you could pull in face first like you’re supposed to do. I worked at a place where that was the law and you’d lose your parking lot privileges for a month if you backed in or pulled through. I can’t believe that people either back in or pull through a spot so they are facing the aisle at grocery stores and anywhere else for that matter when you know damn well you’re going to buy something and put it in the trunk. I try not to pull into a spot when I see that because I don’t want these nitwits banging into my front bumper trying to finagle a cart to get to their trunk. That is one of my biggest pet peeves.

A backup camera with a wide view is perfect for seeing around cars on either side when you pull in face first and have to back out. It ain’t like you’re driving your fathers Oldsmobile today. Wake up, there are some things today that are better given that there are too many beast mobiles in the world that you have to see around in parking lots.

Rant over.

jmonroe
    We smarter more refined people prefer to back in;
    “Needless to say, back-in parking takes more time and effort than head-in parking. Yet, it is easier, quicker, and safer when exiting. Thus we may conjecture that people take the trouble to back in demonstrate the ability to delay gratification; they want to invest more time and effort now so they can enjoy the fruits of their labor later. They demonstrate a culture of long-term orientation.”
    Every article I see on the topic says it is a little more work in the beginning, because instead of aiming your car into a spot it takes some skill to back in to a space usually between two cars. But, when you drive out you have a clear view of what is immediately within your field of vision and that is when accidents happen - when you back out....way more accidents.
    I know you will whine about grocery carts and how inconvenient it is for you but way more sources, including the AAA prefer going in backwards.
    https://www.vox.com/2016/8/1/11926596/safer-back-into-parking-spaces

driver100 said:

stickguy said:

If stores don’t like cash I would gladly take the merchandise for free. :p

I think retailers used the “dirty money” excuse to automate. The local Walmart had equal automated and cashier check outs. Both took cash or credit. The the pandemic hit and they went to 95% automated check out with no cash accepted. They punished cash customers with lines that reached the back of the store. How one person taking money out of a machine vs a cashier coming in close contact with hundreds of customers made any difference I don’t know. People in those lines were breathing each other’s germs for a long time. I think it was an excuse to lay off lots of staff.

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,096
    edited May 2021
    I'd contact the franchise owner who very likely makes all of those rules, and who probably doesn't keep the frontline workers informed about the why behind anything. I think the managers in such places are mostly there to listen to entitled Karens who had to wait in line and can't stand it.
    venture said:

I don't think there are any objective ways to defend mandated front-first parking, other than some level of irresponsible control-happy micromanagement. I suspect the odds are much greater to have an incident backing out than backing in or pulling away moving forward. I always back in or pull through so I am facing out, I also tend to park out in the sticks away from the riff-raff.
    driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

Rant over.

jmonroe
    “Needless to say, back-in parking takes more time and effort than head-in parking. Yet, it is easier, quicker, and safer when exiting. Thus we may conjecture that people take the trouble to back in demonstrate the ability to delay gratification; they want to invest more time and effort now so they can enjoy the fruits of their labor later. They demonstrate a culture of long-term orientation.”
    Every article I see on the topic says it is a little more work in the beginning, because instead of aiming your car into a spot it takes some skill to back in to a space usually between two cars. But, when you drive out you have a clear view of what is immediately within your field of vision and that is when accidents happen - when you back out....way more accidents.
    I know you will whine about grocery carts and how inconvenient it is for you but way more sources, including the AAA prefer going in backwards.

@driver100 said:

I have heard both arguments and the only conclusion I can reach is:

@fintail said:
    I don't think there are any objective ways to defend mandated front-first parking, other than some level of irresponsible control-happy micromanagement. I suspect the odds are much greater to have an incident backing out than backing in or pulling away moving forward. I always back in or pull through so I am facing out, I also tend to park out in the sticks away from the riff-raff.

I lived in an apartment building that only had parking along the building. They banned backing into spots because they didn't want exhaust being directed at the building causing it to get dirty.

I used to work with a fellow who previously had been with an oil company in Alberta. They mandated back-in parking at all their production facilities to facilitate quick escape in case of emergency.

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,860
    fintail said:

I'd contact the franchise owner who very likely makes all of those rules, and who probably doesn't keep the frontline workers informed about the why behind anything. I think the managers in such places are mostly there to listen to entitled Karens who had to wait in line and can't stand it.

venture said:

I was thinking about contacting someone about it just out of curiosity. I finally just decided to not go there any more. It's been a long time since I last stopped there. That should make both of us happy.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

edited May 2021
    In that case I can see it, especially if at a time when cars were dirtier. I was thinking more along the lines of an open parking lot.

On the other side, I don't back into my narrow one car garage at home, as there's virtually no cross traffic to worry about, and it is difficult to open the tailgate and work around the car when backed in.

I lived in an apartment building that only had parking along the building. They banned backing into spots because they didn't want exhaust being directed at the building causing it to get dirty.

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

Rant over.

jmonroe
    This discussion started with you wanting a “periscope” to come out of your grill so you could see traffic in the aisles of parking lots when pulling out. My recommendation was not to back into spots but rather pull in head first and use the benefit of a wide angle backup camera. I think I can drive at least as well as most folks and I don’t understand how backing into parking spots displays to others how smart I am. Smart people don’t wish for ridiculous things like periscopes coming out of their grills. And yes I’ll whine if you want to call it whining about how to get to my trunk when backing into parking spots.

jmonroe

@jmonroe1 said:
    This discussion started with you wanting a “periscope” to come out of your grill so you could see traffic in the aisles of parking lots when pulling out.

https://youtu.be/YQRm1cg8T8I

ab348 said:

@jmonroe1 said:

This discussion started with you wanting a “periscope” to come out of your grill so you could see traffic in the aisles of parking lots when pulling out.

I always said that periscopes coming out of your cars roof is a lot smarter than one coming out of your grill. :D

Jmonroe
    When covid started people washed their counters and boxes of food when they got it home...it was assumed covid lived for days on paper etc. So, it made sense that it could be spread by money changing hands. It was probably the right call to make in the early days...but those habits are are hard to stop, so a large percentage of people still believe money can spread covid...and technically, under the right circumstances it could. I like to try to help the brave cashiers and service workers as much as possible....the more exposure the more chance they could get it.

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

Rant over.

jmonroe
    This discussion started with you wanting a “periscope” to come out of your grill so you could see traffic in the aisles of parking lots when pulling out. My recommendation was not to back into spots but rather pull in head first and use the benefit of a wide angle backup camera. I think I can drive at least as well as most folks and I don’t understand how backing into parking spots displays to others how smart I am. Smart people don’t wish for ridiculous things like periscopes coming out of their grills. And yes I’ll whine if you want to call it whining about how to get to my trunk when backing into parking spots.

jmonroe
    What about the C250.....can't see if I don't have a camera! Fact is, even with cameras, more accidents happen backing out than coming out frontwards. The article said people who back in can postpone their gratification so backer inners are of a higher order :p
    I still like my periscope idea and I am going to present it on Shark Tank soon.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    I used money all along. Just paid for my takeout at the Mexican restaurant tonight. And almost always use it at the gas station, since I have no desire to hand a real CC to the gas jockey and those pumps are notorious for skimmers. Even when I am in heathen states where you have to pump your own, I try to only use gas co. CCs. Not a huge deal if those get skimmed!

Oh, bought my mega millions tickets with cash too.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    ronsteve said:

Is that over in the Knobs? The Indiana side is so much quieter, with better sight lines and not overposted speed limits. Though some are probably under posted, I’m all for sane speeds given my normal usage of those roads.

It's where Scenic View Dr. meets Tulip Dr.

2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
    fintail said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

Rant over.

jmonroe
    Don’t states with no front plate require that you don’t back into parking spots. I know Florida did that so that they could read the back plate.

• henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    edited May 2021
    stickguy said:

I used money all along. Just paid for my takeout at the Mexican restaurant tonight. And almost always use it at the gas station, since I have no desire to hand a real CC to the gas jockey and those pumps are notorious for skimmers. Even when I am in heathen states where you have to pump your own, I try to only use gas co. CCs. Not a huge deal if those get skimmed!

Oh, bought my mega millions tickets with cash too.

"gas co CCs" -- they still have those? I haven't seen one in a very long time. Reminds me of the old days, when I had 20 or 30 credit cards in my billfold, causing me to sit lopsided. Those days are long gone (decades ago for most of us).

And yes, I carry money. Cash money. I would no more leave the house without money than without my pants. I use very little cash these days, but it makes me feel comfortable knowing I have it.

I have to vote in favor of backing into the parking spot to make it easier to exit. Although I don't do it very often, but every time I get hemmed in and blinded by a cargo van or a suburban with illegal tint on the windows I wish I had backed in.

2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica

fintail said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

Rant over.

jmonroe
    Don’t states with no front plate require that you don’t back into parking spots. I know Florida did that so that they could read the back plate.
    At one place we stayed in Florida you had to park nose in. That was so the guy in the golf cart who came to make sure owners were in their right space and visitors had a note could easily see it without walking around the car. I didn't know the rule, I backed in, and I got a note that I better talk to them asap. A lot of places want nose in first parking to make it easier to see license plates.

venture said:

fintail said:

venture said:

I was thinking about contacting someone about it just out of curiosity. I finally just decided to not go there any more. It's been a long time since I last stopped there. That should make both of us happy.
    Our crew was in an out of town Wendy’s once and one of our guys wanted a bacon cheeseburger without pickles. For some reason the counter person couldn’t understand the concept. They seemed to think he wanted it without bacon or cheese and because they had typed it on the screen that way were unable to comprehend why he was upset. We were all (including about 20 strangers in line) laughing hysterically at the mix up and their inability to deviate from what their computer screen told them.

We can never go back there.

driver100 said:

When covid started people washed their counters and boxes of food when they got it home...it was assumed covid lived for days on paper etc. So, it made sense that it could be spread by money changing hands. It was probably the right call to make in the early days...but those habits are are hard to stop, so a large percentage of people still believe money can spread covid...and technically, under the right circumstances it could. I like to try to help the brave cashiers and service workers as much as possible....the more exposure the more chance they could get it.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Delivery drivers always back first. (or should).

The reasoning is that you are actively operating the vehicle and can see the hazards upon arrival. But, when you leave, it's possible someone has parked beside you, to block your view, or the situation changes while you are entering your vehicle and preparing to leave.

In my former life, our company, which had an extensive driver safety program, if you ever had an accident while backing out of a space or driveway, it is automatically deemed to be your fault.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Speaking of backing up to park, sometimes it not a matter of choice but a lack of driving skill as this Shakespeare quote aptly demonstrates. "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings". I once had an incident that was not pleasant. It was in a parking garage at work. With my brand new back-up camera showing the way I tried to squeeze into a decent size clearly marked parking space , but alas, I scratched my left rear bumper and rump on one of the very large support pillars. Result, $2,200 damage bill that my insurance paid, less my $500 deductible.

The most embarrassing part was when I looked up there were overhead signs warning that vehicles must park going in front first. Ever since I am parking head first to save my dignity.