Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,559
    edited May 2021

NY has reissued their classic orange background with black numbers/letters plates.
    They are very similar to the one's I remember growing up.

Believe it or not NY currently has three different color license plates in use. A blue/white, an orange/blue and white/black with gold stripe. I have three of the first and one of the second. Over the years the state has tried to get people to replace old ones for an extra fee and couldn’t understand the public’s pushback at the scam.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964
    abacomike said:

@driver100 said:

In Florida you can go wild these days....there is a plate for everyone no matter what your interest;

@driver100: can you find a photo of “Save The Florida Panther” plate to post here. I couldn’t find one. Thanks.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,254
    edited May 2021

Thanks driver100. It now says PROTECT instead of SAVE.

2021 Genesis G90

I noticed that the plate has changed from SAVE THE PANTHER to PROTECT THE PANTHER because the species has recovered significantly.

2021 Genesis G90

driver100 said:

@fintail am not a fan of the surveillance state, but if a front plate helps solve a hit and run etc especially if against me, I am all for it.
    Heck, on my old car, the local regulation is with vintage/YOM plates, you only need one, but I use them both, as they look cool.

Remember too....the reader can review 1800 license plates an hour....but the only plates it actually brings up are the ones that are problematic. It is really like a camera the TV stations use or they show on the internet.....you can see license plates but it doesn't mean anything unless they should pull that license.
    Remember too, there some controversy about those plate readers retaining a record of your whereabouts which may be used for nefarious purposes when someone decides they don’t like your activities.
    I understand resenting being tracked....Mrs D showed me her phone record at the end of the month, cities been in, stores visited, miles covered etc. I know google and everything else has records on my habits and where I visit. I know people are listening to my phone conversations.
    I'd prefer not to be followed that way, but really, I don't care, if they want to listen in on my conversations I don't really care. If it helps them to find a guy making a bomb or getting ready to shoot people then I am on board. It's like getting screened at the airport...I don't like it but better than the possible alternative.

NY has reissued their classic orange background with black numbers/letters plates.

Believe it or not NY currently has three different color license plates in use. A blue/white, an orange/blue and white/black with gold stripe. I have three of the first and one of the second. Over the years the state has tried to get people to replace old ones for an extra fee and couldn’t understand the public’s pushback at the scam.

The newer the plate the cleaner the look. Maybe new techniques really helped. I wasn't sure of the meaning of "Excelsior" used this way so I checked it and it is" Latin for "Ever Upward", so I guess that is where they put the remark about taxes on the plate.

We were supposed to get new license plates like the blue one below. They made about 150000 of them and then found they glare to much and you can't make them out in the dark, so they went back to the previous ones....the white one shown. They said no money will be wasted, they can use them on trailers and tractors where it won't matter.....our government at work!

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

@fintail am not a fan of the surveillance state, but if a front plate helps solve a hit and run etc especially if against me, I am all for it.
    Heck, on my old car, the local regulation is with vintage/YOM plates, you only need one, but I use them both, as they look cool.

Remember too....the reader can review 1800 license plates an hour....but the only plates it actually brings up are the ones that are problematic. It is really like a camera the TV stations use or they show on the internet.....you can see license plates but it doesn't mean anything unless they should pull that license.
    Remember too, there some controversy about those plate readers retaining a record of your whereabouts which may be used for nefarious purposes when someone decides they don’t like your activities.
    I understand resenting being tracked....Mrs D showed me her phone record at the end of the month, cities been in, stores visited, miles covered etc. I know google and everything else has records on my habits and where I visit. I know people are listening to my phone conversations.
    I'd prefer not to be followed that way, but really, I don't care, if they want to listen in on my conversations I don't really care. If it helps them to find a guy making a bomb or getting ready to shoot people then I am on board. It's like getting screened at the airport...I don't like it but better than the possible alternative.
    I have to disagree with you, it's not like getting screened at the airport. Getting on a plane is a choice you make with full knowledge that you will get screened. Going about you personal everyday life you don't choose to be under surveillance. The implications of what can happen with them knowing all this stuff about you is frightening to say the least.
    I disagree with your disagreeing with me.....you do have the knowledge you are being watched.....assume there is a camera on you all the time....it still doesn't bother me....I feel sorry for the poor guy watching all this.

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,460
    venture said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

@jmonroe1 said:

So, you’re good at colors but can you stay between the lines. B)

jmonroe

Black and Orange? What color was the background and which color was the letters and numbers? I do remember Yellow background and black letters and numbers - my Dad’s plates were HS59 (his initials were HS). I also remember black background and yellow letters.

Down here in FL I remember Orange background and Blue letters and numbers. That’s when the plates were made out of soy beans but stopped that when horses and cows and goats started eating license plates on farms. They went back to aluminum I think.

New York State Plates varied a lot...the ones I remember best are orange background, black letters, and The Empire State on them....I didn't know what that meant, I was a 10 year old kid and thought it had to do with baseball.

They did use orange and blue, and both reversed the colors, and blue and white along with many more. I always thought the orange was a strange color to use because it didn't go with that many car colors.

Pennsylvania used to switch between blue/yellow and yellow/blue. When I was growing up the outline of the state was around the edge of the plates. Now they are pretty generic like almost all other ones.

Yep, I remember those plates. They alternated colors every year. IIRC, the blue background was used for even years and the yellowish background for the odd years.

At some point PA found out like other states that it was too expensive to issue plates every year so they just issued stickers. I guess that’s what happens when you pay inmates too much to work.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,460
    abacomike said:

@driver100 said:

In Florida you can go wild these days....there is a plate for everyone no matter what your interest;

@driver100: can you find a photo of “Save The Florida Panther” plate to post here. I couldn’t find one. Thanks.

What the hell is a Florida Panther? Is that something like a mountain lion?

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290
    driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

I have to disagree with you, it's not like getting screened at the airport. Getting on a plane is a choice you make with full knowledge that you will get screened. Going about you personal everyday life you don't choose to be under surveillance. The implications of what can happen with them knowing all this stuff about you is frightening to say the least.
    I disagree with your disagreeing with me.....you do have the knowledge you are being watched.....assume there is a camera on you all the time....it still doesn't bother me....I feel sorry for the poor guy watching all this.
    I have the expectation that I have some privacy when out and doing my normal stuff. I have the expectation that I won't be investigated simply because my phone shows me near the scene of a crime when it occurred. I would go on but it would start getting political.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

This is my favorite license plate;

driver100 said:

When we went to Patchogue NY in the 1960s we went in my Father's 1960 Meteor which was really a Ford which Ford made a little different so it could be sold by Monarch dealers, Meteors were upscale Cdn Fords and Monarchs upscale Cdn Mercurys. A lot of people came over and thought my Dad customized his Ford Galaxy.

Speaking of Canadian versions of cars, yesterday we were transporting some Mitsubishi’s with Canadian plates. Evidently, it’s so desperate down here that we’re borrowing cars from across the border where demand hasn’t picked up as much.

Anyway, this Mitsu I drove was called an RVR. I had never heard of that before but I guess that’s what they call the Outlander Sport up north. I couldn’t tell if it had distinctive Canadian styling.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

qbrozen said:

@snakeweasel said:

OK let's see who can spot me in this video. B)

Oh, I got you right here.

Actually if you go to the 4:56 point you will see me.

I was sure you were going to tell us you were the one in the back of the police car. :s

driver100 said:

The newer the plate the cleaner the look. Maybe new techniques really helped. I wasn't sure of the meaning of "Excelsior" used this way so I checked it and it is" Latin for "Ever Upward", so I guess that is where they put the remark about taxes on the plate.
    “Ever Upward” is a reference to NY taxes. :@

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    abacomike said:

@graphicguy said:

Front plates…..can’t recall if I’ve run with a front plate in OH for the last decade or two. But, it’s just become legal to do so.

Whenever a dealer said they’d put the plates on for any new ride, I told them not to bother, not even with the front plate holder. I would do it myself. Of course, I never did.

Down here on the Florida Toll Roads and even at major airports for parking, cameras are set up to “read” your license plate tag if you don’t have a “SunPass” transponder. Tolls are recorded using a higher toll charge and a bill is sent to your home or business along with an administration fee.

Out of State tagged vehicles also receive a statement, but collecting that toll can be difficult. I don’t know what the Florida DOT does if tolls are not paid by out of State vehicles. I would like to know what Florida does in those cases.

Mike…I was in Louisville about 4-5 years ago. About a year after I was there, I got a letter from them stating I owed something along the lines of $150 in tolls and fines. Along with the letter, there was a picture of something that might have/might not have been my car, and a pic of a front bumper of a car with a plate on it. I wrote them back stating it could not have been me as I don’t run front plates on my car.

Never heard from them again! I’m waiting for the day I drive down that way again and find out I’ve got a warrant out for my arrest and I have to invoke @roadburner ’s name to keep from eating bologna sandwiches for the entirety of my sentence as a guest of the state.

But seriously, I don’t know how they came up with me as the culprit. There was nothing in the pictures that showed it was me (as it certainly wasn’t) other than the car pictured looked something like a Red TLX, which is what I owned at the time. Or, that OHIO plates were anywhere on the vehicle.

It has befuddled me ever since.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    jmonroe1 said:

ab348 said:

BREAKING NEWS!!!!
    Over 300,000 Mercedes-Benz models recalls for - wait for it - FAULTY BACKUP CAMERAS!!!
    Oh, the humanity!!
    Probably a good thing @driver100 's 2014 is lacking one. :D
    https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/mercedes-benz-recalls-backup-cameras/?UniqueID=B714466E-BCB2-11EB-84FB-E8133A982C1E&TheTime=2021-05-24T17:08:52&PostType=link&ServiceType=twitter&ftag=COS-05-10aaa0b

I guess now we’ll see how good Benz owners are at backing into parking spots.
    jmonroe
    Does that recall apply to world-wide sales and production? Otherwise, that seems like a surprising large number of North American vehicles for a low lux volume producer. Covering 342,366 the recall covers numerous models from the entry-level A-Class, to the spendier E-Class and many of the brand's SUVs, such as the GLA, GLB and GLE. The CLA-Class and CLS-Class models are also included, as is the AMG GT 4-door coupe. Each car hails from the 2019-2021 model years.

However, the article does not specifically mention the recall of its best selling C and GLC class

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    edited May 2021

@dad23 said:

Can we circle back to home theater real quick? We have a set of ceiling speakers in the living room and a set out on the deck that we've never hooked up. I took a look behind the receiver today, there's two blue wires coming out of the wall, both have a black, red, white and green wire in them. Would it be possible that those feed both sets of speakers or do I need to double them up some how? I'm off to Google it, but figured you guys might be able to tell me quicker.

They could be hooked up to the speakers. One way to find out is to hook them up to the stereo system and see if any of the speakers work.

Yeah…good advice. I know the speaker wires I use are not color coded. One has a white stripe, which I use for + and the other has no strip, which I use for -.

You can only connect two wires to each channel in the back of your AVR, + and -. Same with the speakers.

Not sure what the 3rd wire would be used for, unless those wires are for something else entirely and not connected to the speakers.

BOSE has some weird wiring on some of their gear. Or, perhaps the previous owner had some sort of intercom system they went to.

Connect them and find out. Doubt you’ll hurt anything (unless those wires are LIVE :open_mouth: )
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • dad23dad23 Member Posts: 866
    Thanks guys! It appears that they are in fact for each set of speakers. I tried the black/red combo from each of them on the receiver and got music! I'll test a little more tonight, need to find a switch so I can go between the living room, family room and back deck. The neighbors are going to love us soon!

@driver100 said:

@graphicguy said:
    Mike…I was in Louisville about 4-5 years ago. About a year after I was there, I got a letter from them stating I owed something along the lines of $150 in tolls and fines. Along with the letter, there was a picture of something that might have/might not have been my car, and a pic of a front bumper of a car with a plate on it. I wrote them back stating it could not have been me as I don’t run front plates on my car.

Never heard from them again! I’m waiting for the day I drive down that way again and find out I’ve got a warrant out for my arrest and I have to invoke @roadburner ’s name to keep from eating bologna sandwiches for the entirety of my sentence as a guest of the state.

But seriously, I don’t know how they came up with me as the culprit. There was nothing in the pictures that showed it was me (as it certainly wasn’t) other than the car pictured looked something like a Red TLX, which is what I owned at the time. Or, that OHIO plates were anywhere on the vehicle.

Befuddled? The only thing worse than “befuddled” is if you suffered from Alzheimer’s disease. Be thankful you are just befuddled! 🤪😜🤓

2021 Genesis G90

edited May 2021
    Massachusetts is leading the way, again. Others will soon follow.
    Electric Vehicle -- Anyone with an electric or hybrid passenger or commercial vehicle is eligible for Electric Vehicle plates.

@jmonroe1 said:
    What the hell is a Florida Panther? Is that something like a mountain lion?

jmonroe

@jmonroe: I would think so, JM. The closest I have ever come to a Florida panther 🐆 is when I saw them play the Chicago Blackhawks at the BB&T Center in Sunrise, Florida. 🤪🤪😜😜🤓

2021 Genesis G90

• benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/24/technology/self-driving-cars-wait.html?smid=em-share
    "The Costly Pursuit of Self-Driving Cars Continues On. And On. And On.
    Many in Silicon Valley promised that self-driving cars would be a common sight by 2021. Now the industry is resetting expectations and settling in for years of more work.
    By Cade Metz
    May 24, 2021
    It was seven years ago when Waymo discovered that spring blossoms made its self-driving cars get twitchy on the brakes. So did soap bubbles. And road flares. New tests, in years of tests, revealed more and more distractions for the driverless cars. Their road skills improved, but matching the competence of human drivers was elusive. The cluttered roads of America, it turned out, were a daunting place for a robot.

The wizards of Silicon Valley said people would be commuting to work in self-driving cars by now. Instead, there have been court fights, injuries and deaths, and tens of billions of dollars spent on a frustratingly fickle technology that some researchers say is still years from becoming the industry’s next big thing...."
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)

Thought I'd share this article from The Verge Magazine enjoy.
    THE AUTONOMOUS VEHICLE WORLD IS SHRINKING — IS IT REALLY?
    "The AV industry has promised too much for too long, and has delivered too little’
    AfterAfter years of positive vibes about the future of autonomous vehicles and nearly unrestricted access to cash from Kool-Aid-drunk venture capitalists, the AV industry is confronting some hard truths. The first is that autonomous vehicles are going to take a lot longer to reach mass scale than previously thought. The second is that it’s going to be a lot more expensive, too. And the third hard truth: going it alone is no longer a viable option."
    https://www.theverge.com/22423489/autonomous-vehicle-consolidation-acquisition-lyft-uber

abacomike said:

@graphicguy said:

Front plates…..can’t recall if I’ve run with a front plate in OH for the last decade or two. But, it’s just become legal to do so.

Whenever a dealer said they’d put the plates on for any new ride, I told them not to bother, not even with the front plate holder. I would do it myself. Of course, I never did.

Down here on the Florida Toll Roads and even at major airports for parking, cameras are set up to “read” your license plate tag if you don’t have a “SunPass” transponder. Tolls are recorded using a higher toll charge and a bill is sent to your home or business along with an administration fee.

Out of State tagged vehicles also receive a statement, but collecting that toll can be difficult. I don’t know what the Florida DOT does if tolls are not paid by out of State vehicles. I would like to know what Florida does in those cases.

abacomike said:

@graphicguy said:

Years ago my son got a ticket for some sort of parking infraction at a Metro North parking lot in Poughkeepsie (about 100 miles away). They had his Cadillac listed as “black” when his was two tone black over grey. When I called them up they pulled the copy of the original ticket and discovered someone had scribbled a 9 so it looked like a 1 and that tag was to a different all black Cadillac 10 years newer. They said just forget it.

bwia said:

Electric Vehicle -- Anyone with an electric or hybrid passenger or commercial vehicle is eligible for Electric Vehicle plates.

To what end, bragging rights?

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,433
    My guess is AVs will never really happen, but a lot of the tech will filter down to improve semi-autonomous models.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,934
    @graphicguy , How is the new TLX? I'm interested to learn of your impressions after having driven it for a while. I really like the muscular looks of it.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    stickguy said:

My guess is AVs will never really happen, but a lot of the tech will filter down to improve semi-autonomous models.

I wouldn't say "never". But I would bet against it happening in the next 10 years. Give me favorable odds, and I'll take that bet out to 20 years.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    edited May 2021
    The Monroe County History Museum in Bloomington, Indiana, has a license plate collection that goes way back ....
    https://monroehistory.org/exhibit-galleries/

2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
    henryn said:

stickguy said:

I wouldn't say "never". But I would bet against it happening in the next 10 years. Give me favorable odds, and I'll take that bet out to 20 years.
    I still think it will only work in limited area, controlled environments. Not something you could take anywhere.

• henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    stickguy said:

henryn said:

stickguy said:

I still think it will only work in limited area, controlled environments. Not something you could take anywhere.
    Compute power doubles every 2 years (Moore's Law). And we are still very early in development of AI software, self-learning programs. The computer power will be there, heck it's there now. The software is the problem. If they make some big improvements in AI (which is very possible but not certain), this could happen. And it could happen in the next few years. But my money is still on "no time soon".
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica

driver100 said:

When we went to Patchogue NY in the 1960s we went in my Father's 1960 Meteor which was really a Ford which Ford made a little different so it could be sold by Monarch dealers, Meteors were upscale Cdn Fords and Monarchs upscale Cdn Mercurys. A lot of people came over and thought my Dad customized his Ford Galaxy.

Speaking of Canadian versions of cars, yesterday we were transporting some Mitsubishi’s with Canadian plates. Evidently, it’s so desperate down here that we’re borrowing cars from across the border where demand hasn’t picked up as much.

Anyway, this Mitsu I drove was called an RVR. I had never heard of that before but I guess that’s what they call the Outlander Sport up north. I couldn’t tell if it had distinctive Canadian styling.
    That's an interesting one O-F. The Mitsu RVR is smaller than an Eclipse and is not available in the U.S.

Canadians buy smaller less expensive cars in bigger numbers. So much of the country is in lockdown that people aren't travelling much....even travel between provinces is not allowed in many cases. So it appears that is what they did....brought a bunch of these cars into the U.S. where they can be utilized....clever!

bwia said:

We in Illinois have had one for over a year.

However it's $100 a year more.

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,498

I think the current (get it?) terminology is virtue signaling.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
    stickguy said:

henryn said:

stickguy said:

Oh I can see them being able to drive anywhere in the future. I can also see these cars running into obstacles at high speeds because the occupants couldn't pay the hacker the ransom.

bwia said:

Didn't they spell EV wrong?

driver100 said:

bwia said:

Didn't they spell EV wrong?
    Nope, they spelled EL, as in ELectric.

.....and the science guy was on the radio this morning talking about we don't have a way to recycle old car batteries. There are lots of dangerous metals that would have to be separated and ways found to use them again....and nothing is being done about it. Guess we'll worry about that one when there are no more gassers around and we have a few million EVs on the road.

......actually I may have an answer RE; Dead EV batteries.
    Space-X them to another planet....that guy is a genius!

driver100 said:

.....and the science guy was on the radio this morning talking about we don't have a way to recycle old car batteries. There are lots of dangerous metals that would have to be separated and ways found to use them again....and nothing is being done about it. Guess we'll worry about that one when there are no more gassers around and we have a few million EVs on the road.

They do recycle batteries. And not like regular cars don’t have parts to deal with like engines.

driver100 said:

......actually I may have an answer RE; Dead EV batteries.
    Space-X them to another planet....that guy is a genius!

So turn Mars into Staten Island?

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,092
    I bet at least 9 people have bought that Lightning one.

WA has a ton of these too. None relevant to me, but even if there was one, I doubt I would go for it.

Like many states, WA also has a "year of manufacture"/YOM plate scheme, where a vintage car can be re-registered with plates from the same year as the car. I think there's a 30 year rule for this - along with caveats like the car can't be a daily driver, etc, but I suspect this isn't enforced. The fun part about YOM plates is that they are "permanent", and don't have an annual registration fee. I got the set for the fintail in 1996, not a bad investment for a quarter at a yard sale, and a ~$40 fee.
    driver100 said:

edited May 2021

@snakeweasel said:

How creative. Who came up with this unremarkable alpha numeric plate design?

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,092
    There's a car in my neighborhood with a simple yellow and black bumper sticker: "Virtue Signal". Nice, although I wouldn't deface my car with a bumper sticker.

For EV plates, I think Germany started with those at least 4 or 5 years ago. Definite virtue signal.

I think the current (get it?) terminology is virtue signaling.

edited May 2021
    bwia said:

@snakeweasel said:

Don't know but this is the plate I am going with next.

stickguy said:

driver100 said:

They do recycle batteries. And not like regular cars don’t have parts to deal with like engines.
    Apparently that isn't the case....I used the first article I came to because it says exactly what the science guy said:
    One of the largest, the battery for the Mercedes-Benz EQC, comes in at 1,400 pounds. Typically made with cobalt, nickel, and manganese, among other components, these batteries cost thousands of dollars and come with an environmental burden: They require ingredients sourced from polluting mines and smelters around the world, and they can ultimately contaminate soil and water supplies if improperly disposed.

In the rush to embrace this technology, auto companies are adopting the same pretence that has been embraced by the plastics industry: They are claiming that used batteries will be recycled. However, the truth is being swept under the rug. None of the lithium-ion batteries in electric vehicles are recyclable in the same sense that paper, glass, and lead car batteries are. Although efforts to improve recycling methods are underway, generally only around half the materials in these batteries is currently extracted and repurposed. And without the most valuable ingredients, there will be little economic incentive to invest in recycling technologies. The result, if nothing is done to tip the scales, could be a massive health and environmental crisis.
    Here is more...but it seems there is no cost effective way of reusing EV car batteries;
    https://www.nationalobserver.com/2021/01/21/opinion/electric-cars-have-dirty-little-recycling-problem-their-batteries#:~:text=None of the lithium-ion,is currently extracted and repurposed.

bwia said:

@snakeweasel said:

Don't know but this is the plate I am going with next.

Well, your license plate is supposed to tell us who you are.....hmmmm.......nothing! :)

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,849

@dad23 said:
    Thanks guys! It appears that they are in fact for each set of speakers. I tried the black/red combo from each of them on the receiver and got music! I'll test a little more tonight, need to find a switch so I can go between the living room, family room and back deck. The neighbors are going to love us soon!

Amazon has several.

Monoprice 4-Channel Speaker Selector - Black Up To 140W Per Ch. Distribute Speakers, Perfect for Home Theater Audio https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DIGD604/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_N2Z74G7NXN177AGWSJG4

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve