Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

How to calculate MSRP

Dad_Jeep_JL_WillysDad_Jeep_JL_Willys Member Posts: 2
edited February 2020 in Jeep
I've created a fairly complex lease calculator in exel, but I'm having trouble figuring out which number to use for MSRP. Is it the base price of a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S? Or is it the base price plus packages, add-ons, and destination fees?

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,121
    The bottom line number on the window sticker with all options, packages and fees.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• GMartinez8604GMartinez8604 Member Posts: 13

Hello. I was hoping I could again piggyback on this original post regarding MSRP and destination charges.
    In reviewing at my dealers invoice for my 2021 Honda Accord, it was disclosed that the car price was $23,617 + $955 (Destination fee) + $100 (HDAG) = $24,672 ( Invoice total). Base MSRP = $24,770. Total MSRP on window sticker adds destination charge for a overall total of $25,757.

My question is, If according to the invoice, is not the destination charge already figured into the base MSRP? If so then why must I start with the total MSRP instead of the base MSRP? I see sites and videos state to avoid double destination fees but I am not sure if this is what the meant.

Kind Regards
    GM8604

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,121

Hello. I was hoping I could again piggyback on this original post regarding MSRP and destination charges.

In reviewing at my dealers invoice for my 2021 Honda Accord, it was disclosed that the car price was $23,617 + $955 (Destination fee) + $100 (HDAG) = $24,672 ( Invoice total). Base MSRP = $24,770. Total MSRP on window sticker adds destination charge for a overall total of $25,757.

My question is, If according to the invoice, is not the destination charge already figured into the base MSRP? If so then why must I start with the total MSRP instead of the base MSRP? I see sites and videos state to avoid double destination fees but I am not sure if this is what the meant.

Kind Regards

GM8604

The MSRP, for lease calculations purposes, is the bottom line number of the factory window sticker - with destination.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4