Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

How to negotiate dealer price discounts with an employee/ friends&family discount

stablerfoxstablerfox Member Posts: 3
edited June 2021 in Audi
Can someone let me know how dealers view these employee discounts? I was able to get an employee friends and family discount for Audi cars. The discount is 10% off MSRP. I'm trying to negotiate price/terms with a dealer prior to sharing the employee discount.

Is it possible to stack the 10% discount on top of any price discounts I negotiate with the dealer ahead of time? Does the dealer get reimbursed for the discount from Audi?

Thanks!

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,924

Can someone let me know how dealers view these employee discounts? I was able to get an employee friends and family discount for Audi cars. The discount is 10% off MSRP. I'm trying to negotiate price/terms with a dealer prior to sharing the employee discount.

Is it possible to stack the 10% discount on top of any price discounts I negotiate with the dealer ahead of time? Does the dealer get reimbursed for the discount from Audi?

Thanks!

Sorry, I don't know if the employee F&F discounts are a fixed amount, or can be stacked on top of whatever you negotiate.

But, given the current market conditions, the F&F discount may be all you can get.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4