Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    edited June 2021

abacomike said:

Here’s a new one for south Florida and my condo community! There have been numerous sightings of coyotes (animals - not people getting others across the border) within our community of almost 6000 residents. The email I received warned us about what not to do about coming across coyotes on our grounds.

Broward county has reported at least 200 sightings including on many of our beaches. When I lived in Los Angeles, it was not uncommon to have them approach within 50 feet of humans. I encountered them frequently. But no sightings here - as I have been indoors or hospital for 2-3 weeks.

Just another day in the life of abacomike!🤓

Coyotes are opportunistic and will go where the food is. I’ve got a pack in the woods behind the house. Rarely we’ll hear a commotion at night as they catch a rabbit or something. That’s why we don’t let the cat out at night. When I see one out in the field during the day I chase him off so that they keep their fear of humans.

One was even found in New York City’s Central Park. It had been mugged and was dead.
    I recall when I camped with my son's scout troop for my first time ever, out in the country, and in the middle of the night was this screaming like somebody was being killed. It was coyotes calling out or celebrating or something. I hated that sound for the next 2 nights. I slept a lot better at home Sunday night when I got back home. The scout master kidded me about how I had expanded my life experiences by finally having camped out.

BTW this is the same guy who with his scout son camped out in their tent when the temp was below -10 F with snow. Uuuuuggggh.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132

One was even found in New York City’s Central Park. It had been mugged and was dead.

The Sandford book I'm reading now mentions sitting in a mugger rich area in Florida on the beach like a victim with the person's potent handgun hidden to challenge the muggers when they approached.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,250
    @oldfarmer50,
    I don't have to look up that limo incident. It was a terrible event.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,254

@qbrozen said:
    Well, that's not terribly helpful.
    "Don't try to kiss it.
    Don't try to dress it in children's clothing and make it dance.
    Don't ... "

Did they give you any info on what TO do? ;b

Yes - don’t approach them and contact the police department - they will respond and they will contact animal control.🤪😜🤓

2021 Genesis G90

@henryn said:
    Mike, are you on Medicare or one of the alternatives? If you're on Medicare and have been in the hospital, Medicare Part A will pay for "home health care". This means a nurse will come to your home and dress the wound. At no cost to you, because it's Part A not Part B. Last year, following my surgery, I had a nurse from home health coming by every day, for quite some time. It cost the government quite a bit of money, but it greatly simplified things for me. Ask your doctor, he can write a prescription for home health just like for drugs.

Yes - I have an Advantage Plan. Just got off the phone with my case manager and they are getting me someone for an hour or two per day to help me bathe, cook meals, etc., up to 42 hours. My doctor can extend that by another referral for home health care.

I just need help a couple of hours per day. But thanks for the heads up!🤓

2021 Genesis G90

@dino001 said:
    Coyotes learned to live near humans long time ago, they can be quite stealth, but they can get a little more daring and open at times. I haven't seen one near my house, but I can hear them yapping on the regular basis. Distinctive sound, definitely not a dog bark (there is a small preservation area nearby, perfect nesting ground for a family). The only thing you need to worry is your pets. Small ones can be seen as an easy source of nutrition, bigger ones territorial rivals and potential threat to the pups.

Maybe they will capture and dine on the iguana infestation we have down here. The city also strongly warned against feeding the coyotes or treating them like pets. It said these animals are not “pettable” or tameable. 🤪😜🤓

2021 Genesis G90

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290

abacomike said:

Here’s a new one for south Florida and my condo community! There have been numerous sightings of coyotes (animals - not people getting others across the border) within our community of almost 6000 residents. The email I received warned us about what not to do about coming across coyotes on our grounds.

Broward county has reported at least 200 sightings including on many of our beaches. When I lived in Los Angeles, it was not uncommon to have them approach within 50 feet of humans. I encountered them frequently. But no sightings here - as I have been indoors or hospital for 2-3 weeks.

Just another day in the life of abacomike!🤓

Coyotes are opportunistic and will go where the food is. I’ve got a pack in the woods behind the house. Rarely we’ll hear a commotion at night as they catch a rabbit or something. That’s why we don’t let the cat out at night. When I see one out in the field during the day I chase him off so that they keep their fear of humans.

I recall when I camped with my son's scout troop for my first time ever, out in the country, and in the middle of the night was this screaming like somebody was being killed. It was coyotes calling out or celebrating or something. I hated that sound for the next 2 nights. I slept a lot better at home Sunday night when I got back home. The scout master kidded me about how I had expanded my life experiences by finally having camped out.

BTW this is the same guy who with his scout son camped out in their tent when the temp was below -10 F with snow. Uuuuuggggh.
    I have camped out at times when I woke up with a fresh coat of newly fallen snow on me, but never at -10 F (that's -23 for you Driver) B) , Maybe -10 C but not F.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057
    The first house we lived in was only a few miles from a state park. We'd hear coyotes howl all the time at night - parents and kids. Saw them occasionally in the greenbelt behind our house.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,162
    driver100 said:

So, what, extended warranty prevents car breakdowns? That's big news, Steve Richards should put this in his training videos.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,162

bwia said:

my health limits my exposure to any infection causing environments

And yet you keep coming back here.
    You're on a roll today, man, LOL.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    abacomike said:

@henryn said:

Mike, are you on Medicare or one of the alternatives? If you're on Medicare and have been in the hospital, Medicare Part A will pay for "home health care". This means a nurse will come to your home and dress the wound. At no cost to you, because it's Part A not Part B. Last year, following my surgery, I had a nurse from home health coming by every day, for quite some time. It cost the government quite a bit of money, but it greatly simplified things for me. Ask your doctor, he can write a prescription for home health just like for drugs.

Yes - I have an Advantage Plan. Just got off the phone with my case manager and they are getting me someone for an hour or two per day to help me bathe, cook meals, etc., up to 42 hours. My doctor can extend that by another referral for home health care.

I just need help a couple of hours per day. But thanks for the heads up!🤓

For me, the visits were for 15 or 20 minutes on average. Change the dressing, evaluate the wound (no infection), take my blood pressure, and on their way. The wound was in a rather difficult position, which is why I needed the help.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,460
    driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

dino001 said:

jmonroe1 said:

Speaking of flats.

Yep that's a bolt, I'm guessing around a 1/4 or so in size. It's on the Sonata so we had the spare to put pn. Getting a new tire.

That looks like it was hand hammered in there. :s

jmonroe
    BTW, almost perfect aim when it comes to centering that into the tire.
    That proves my point. You could never get it that exact with an air nailer. If you don’t believe me ask @driver100.

jmonroe
    The air nailer guy missed, the hand hammer guy would have got it right between the tread
    Just like Mrs D100s GLK...now that is a perfect job.
    It’s easy when there is something to guide the bolt.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,559
    abacomike said:

@qbrozen said:

"Don't try to kiss it.

Don't ... "

Yes - don’t approach them and contact the police department - they will respond and they will contact animal control.🤪😜🤓

Come on, you’re in Florida. Just borrow a bazooka or similar firepower from a neighbor. Neither man nor beast will ever bother you again.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

edited June 2021

abacomike said:

@qbrozen said:

"Don't try to kiss it.

Don't ... "

Come on, you’re in Florida. Just borrow a bazooka or similar firepower from a neighbor. Neither man nor beast will ever bother you again.

-----------------end quoted material----------------------------

Man, if he were in Texas there would be no need to borrow, he would have enough firepower and ammo to invade a small country. And win!!!

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964

@driver100

Did the dealer say what had happened to the tire that "let you down"?
    Nail. Gash. Knife attack?

No, I should have asked. If I get a chance I will ask tomorrow. I was glad to get it done right away and I figured I got my use from the tires, they went about 6000 miles more than expected, so it didn't matter.
    But, I'll try to find out...I am curious.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

edited June 2021
    Mike, I know you miss hearing my roof and flat tire stories, so here is my story about the sun screen stained seats. This appeared suddenly and it looks ugly, I play tennis 5 or 6 times a week and when I drive home in my tennis shorts the back of my legs are on the seat....and this happened. Now that I think of it, this story might be too gross to tell, but I like to keep the fans informed;

I thought to repair it they would sew in some new leather. I called a big fancy place and they said they would pint the seat for $400. I tried a place called Fibrenew, he gave me an estimate of $80 to $90, I was a little skeptical but didn't have much to lose. He is kept pretty busy, it took 2 weeks before he came. Great business, he mixes paints...white, purple, red and yellow to get tan...he has to be part artist. He's been doing it for 23 years. I told him next time I would get black seats...not really, but he said the worst case of sun screen yellowing seats was on a black interior. Anyway, he did it in half an hour, said it seems like paint but it is some kind of leather like material and it looks as good as new.

And that is your good night story Mike.

When he finished he said it would be $70, his estimate was $80 to $90. I gave him $90 and he kept saying I should take it back, but I was really pleased, especially after the $400 estimate!

edited June 2021
    Now I am looking at a protective seat cushion, something like this;

btw...I asked him to look at the marks on the console. He doesn't work on that but he is guessing it was caused by a chemical, probably from the amonia in Windex which I used.

driver100 said:

btw...I asked him to look at the marks on the console. He doesn't work on that but he is guessing it was caused by a chemical, probably from the amonia in Windex which I used.

Why are you making this difficult? Throw a towel over the seat and drive home. Throw it in the washing machine every other day and you’re all fixed up for a few more matches.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
    driver100 said:

Isn’t that what I said?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

driver100 said:

Mike, I know you miss hearing my roof and flat tire stories, so here is my story about the sun screen stained seats. This appeared suddenly and it looks ugly, I play tennis 5 or 6 times a week and when I drive home in my tennis shorts the back of my legs are on the seat....and this happened. Now that I think of it, this story might be too gross to tell, but I like to keep the fans informed;

I thought to repair it they would sew in some new leather. I called a big fancy place and they said they would pint the seat for $400. I tried a place called Fibrenew, he gave me an estimate of $80 to $90, I was a little skeptical but didn't have much to lose. He is kept pretty busy, it took 2 weeks before he came. Great business, he mixes paints...white, purple, red and yellow to get tan...he has to be part artist. He's been doing it for 23 years. I told him next time I would get black seats...not really, but he said the worst case of sun screen yellowing seats was on a black interior. Anyway, he did it in half an hour, said it seems like paint but it is some kind of leather like material and it looks as good as new.

When he finished he said it would be $70, his estimate was $80 to $90. I gave him $90 and he kept saying I should take it back, but I was really pleased, especially after the $400 estimate!

Didn’t you try leather cleaner first?

I’ve got white cloth in my Mustang and I just throw a towel over the seat when I’m driving.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,432
    aren't those seats actually just vinyl anyway? Or are you one of the high rollers who is to snobby to have MB tex?

2nd the comment. A good leather/vinyl cleaner (I forget the one that is popular, I know TJC used it on his white Volvo seats) should do the job.

And like JM said, throw a towel down.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,849

I use Lexol which takes off most anything from the leather. We are on the beach quite often and wear sunscreen. Ive never seen staining from it.

Either way, I’d use a towel and if it happens again try some Lexol first. For anything really stubborn on leather (like ink) a light rub with a magic eraser works wonders too.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

driver100 said:

Isn’t that what I said?
    Yes, you said that. I thought Windex was pretty benign, I didn't think about ammonia and I would think the console was made of similar stuff as say glass...or at least they would make it in a way that wouldn't be affected by Windex.

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

Why are you making this difficult? Throw a towel over the seat and drive home. Throw it in the washing machine every other day and you’re all fixed up for a few more matches.

jmonroe
    @oldfarmer50 @stickguy @tjc78 I have used the car for 4 years now and the marks didn't appear until about 2 months ago. I started using a towel on the way to and from tennis, but that's kind of crude...a towel is a towel. That seat protector looks like it blends in, and it's $25. It also fastens in place.

For $90 I could just use the seat for 3 years and get it done again.

• houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    carnaught said:

For those who care: UPDATE on my real estate lottery experience. We had our inspection this last Wed. on the house we placed under contract. Needless to say that it was shockingly bad how the hidden parts of it had been maintained in an otherwise upscale home and location. It was so bad that we had to back-out of the purchase. With our present house sold, and the buyer’s earnest money having gone “hard”, we were essentially homeless. No worries though as we live in a resort area with plenty of VRBO’s and rental apartments available during these hot summer months. We located some of these as well as a storage facility. Then….we made another stab at a place we previously had placed an offer on that was rejected by the seller. This time, after compromise on both our sides, we made it happen. In addition, inspection-wise, things checked out well. Among other things it has a new $17k roof, newer HVAC’s and has been beautifully maintained, gorgeous pool, etc. Unless something unexpected comes up, we will be moving in just under 4 weeks. The place is larger, newer and a step-up from our current one, plus we get to pocket some bucks. The downside is that it is more expensive than the rejected place and the location is nice although less convenient.

Congrats Will. Tried to email you but you must have a new email address, since it has been a while. It's a good thing you had a good inspector and that he found all the problems with the first house. Looks like it all worked out in a best case scenario. Enjoy your new home.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

@henryn said:

Man, if he were in Texas there would be no need to borrow, he would have enough firepower and ammo to invade a small country. And win!!!

Here in FL, it’s easy to get an open carry permit.

2021 Genesis G90

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe
    @oldfarmer50 @stickguy @tjc78 I have used the car for 4 years now and the marks didn't appear until about 2 months ago. I started using a towel on the way to and from tennis, but that's kind of crude...a towel is a towel. That seat protector looks like it blends in, and it's $25. It also fastens in place.

For $90 I could just use the seat for 3 years and get it done again.
    I should have known you’d have a dopey justification for doing it your way.

jmonroe
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    edited June 2021
    driver100 said:

driver100 said:

Isn’t that what I said?
    Yes, you said that. I thought Windex was pretty benign, I didn't think about ammonia and I would think the console was made of similar stuff as say glass...or at least they would make it in a way that wouldn't be affected by Windex.

Told you so 😏, but glad it’s fixed to your satisfaction.

• carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    edited June 2021
    houdini1 said:

carnaught said:

For those who care: UPDATE on my real estate lottery experience. We had our inspection this last Wed. on the house we placed under contract. Needless to say that it was shockingly bad how the hidden parts of it had been maintained in an otherwise upscale home and location. It was so bad that we had to back-out of the purchase. With our present house sold, and the buyer’s earnest money having gone “hard”, we were essentially homeless. No worries though as we live in a resort area with plenty of VRBO’s and rental apartments available during these hot summer months. We located some of these as well as a storage facility. Then….we made another stab at a place we previously had placed an offer on that was rejected by the seller. This time, after compromise on both our sides, we made it happen. In addition, inspection-wise, things checked out well. Among other things it has a new $17k roof, newer HVAC’s and has been beautifully maintained, gorgeous pool, etc. Unless something unexpected comes up, we will be moving in just under 4 weeks. The place is larger, newer and a step-up from our current one, plus we get to pocket some bucks. The downside is that it is more expensive than the rejected place and the location is nice although less convenient.

Congrats Will. Tried to email you but you must have a new email address, since it has been a while. It's a good thing you had a good inspector and that he found all the problems with the first house. Looks like it all worked out in a best case scenario. Enjoy your new home.
    Thanks, @houdini1 !

( I emailed you a while back about a change in email address. Please double-check, otherwise I can get the new email address to you.)

• mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,220

@stickguy said:
    aren't those seats actually just vinyl anyway? Or are you one of the high rollers who is to snobby to have MB tex?

2nd the comment. A good leather/vinyl cleaner (I forget the one that is popular, I know TJC used it on his white Volvo seats) should do the job.

And like JM said, throw a towel down.

It’s not vinyl, it’s pleather

What was that material that Volkswagen used, looked like leather but wasn't? I owned two cars with those seats and liked it personally. I will say there is a lot of difference in the quality of the leather used in many cars these days, and I can definitively say from personal experience that the fake leather used by Volkswagen held up better and longer than the actual leather used by Ford and Chevrolet during the same time period (late 2000's).
    abacomike said:

@henryn said:

Very easy here in Texas as well. And no, I don't particularly approve. When I went through the training a few years back, it was 4 hours classroom then a few minutes on the target range shooting. Now you can do it online, but you still have to show up somewhere to shoot. Four hours is not nearly enough time for someone who really knows nothing about guns to start with. And the actual range time was a bit of a joke. You shoot at a man sized silhouette target from 7 feet. From 7 feet you can use a club, you don't need a gun!

And before you ask, no I don't carry a gun around with me. Never have, probably never will. A Meetup group I belong to (mostly women) sponsored a class just for the group at a local range. Two of the women taking the class asked me to help them get through the class, as they had never even held a gun before. I took them to the range and familiarized them with handguns before the class. I grew up in a rural area, guns and hunting were a part of everyday life, and I still own guns although I haven't hunted for many years.
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,934
    henryn said:

What was that material that Volkswagen used, looked like leather but wasn't? I owned two cars with those seats and liked it personally. I will say there is a lot of difference in the quality of the leather used in many cars these days, and I can definitively say from personal experience that the fake leather used by Volkswagen held up better and longer than the actual leather used by Ford and Chevrolet during the same time period (late 2000's).

INTERIOR V-TEX LEATHERETTE It has a thick and supple feel.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    Yikes. I hope this doesn't come true. But, per the dealer's information, it might push into mid July. :(

It looks to me that it was just released from a 3rd party vendor to return to Toledo where it will be assigned a rail car.

Currently with an ETA into Port Allen LA Rail Yard on July 5th….but this will probably change once it get’s an assigned train. Once it does arrive at Port Allen it can take up to a week for us to physically receive, inspect and process in the vehicle. Once we have done that, our finance team will be reaching out to arrange your terms and delivery.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

qbrozen said:

Yikes. I hope this doesn't come true. But, per the dealer's information, it might push into mid July. :(

It looks to me that it was just released from a 3rd party vendor to return to Toledo where it will be assigned a rail car.

Currently with an ETA into Port Allen LA Rail Yard on July 5th….but this will probably change once it get’s an assigned train. Once it does arrive at Port Allen it can take up to a week for us to physically receive, inspect and process in the vehicle. Once we have done that, our finance team will be reaching out to arrange your terms and delivery.

Back around 1980 or so, my commute to work took me down a long stretch of semi-rural highway. There was a railroad track with a siding that paralleled the road. Sometimes long stretches of railroad cars would sit on that siding for days, and sometimes there would be new automobiles stacked up on those railroad cars. I remember one occasion when there were several railroad cars loaded up with new Camaros. Around the 2nd or 3rd day, the wheels and tires started disappearing from those new Camaros.

driver100 said:

Didn’t you try leather cleaner first?

I’ve got white cloth in my Mustang and I just throw a towel over the seat when I’m driving.

I tried everything...leather cleaner, Mr Clean pads, baking soda, mild detergent....nothing worked. The Guy used a cleaner, but covering it over is what hid it completely.

And yes Stick, it has MB Tex leather or whatever it is called which I think has all the quality of leather but probably holds up better than leather.

carnaught said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

Isn’t that what I said?

Told you so 😏, but glad it’s fixed to your satisfaction.

Yes, I forgot they added ammonia to Windex, it used to be just be very mild........I think lemon juice or something. These days it has about 20 chemicals that can cause all kinds of things from cancer to skin irritation. I'll be more careful about using Windex in the future.

• mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,220

@qbrozen said:

That stinks. Mine will be on a semi for the 3 hour ride

qbrozen said:

Sorry Q, I must have missed something....what is coming sometime in July?

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    oh, looks like i posted in the wrong place. whoops.
    My Wrangler 4xe order.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    abacomike said:

@henryn said:

In KY it's always been open carry- no permit required.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    carnaught said:

houdini1 said:

carnaught said:

Thanks, @houdini1 !

( I emailed you a while back about a change in email address. Please double-check, otherwise I can get the new email address to you.)

No luck. I probably missed it someway. Just drop me a line at my same email I have always had. Thx.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290
    Well I almost got taken out by some dipsey lady in a Range Rover as I was heading home from work today on the motorcycle. I was in a residential area approaching a "T" intersection with stop signs all around and I am on the terminating road. She is approaching from my left and I reach the intersection and come to a complete stop just before she gets there. I stay stopped because I see that she isn't stopping and just rolls through the intersection and cuts the corner by a lot. This means she is turning into the oncoming lane which I happen to be in so I am looking at the front end of this Range Rover heading right towards me. :o She sees me at the last moment and cuts her turn even tighter and passes me on my right, I do think she went up on the curb.

How come you never have an RPG when you need one.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

abacomike said:

@henryn said:

In KY it's always been open carry- no permit required.

Maybe because Daniel Boone wanted it that way.

jmonroe
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312

Well I almost got taken out by some dipsey lady in a Range Rover as I was heading home from work today on the motorcycle. I was in a residential area approaching a "T" intersection with stop signs all around and I am on the terminating road. She is approaching from my left and I reach the intersection and come to a complete stop just before she gets there. I stay stopped because I see that she isn't stopping and just rolls through the intersection and cuts the corner by a lot. This means she is turning into the oncoming lane which I happen to be in so I am looking at the front end of this Range Rover heading right towards me. :o She sees me at the last moment and cuts her turn even tighter and passes me on my right, I do think she went up on the curb.

I had a lady with an SUV pull out in front of me from a side road on my left. Of course once she had both lanes blocked she saw me and stopped. It was in a 55 mph zone but fortunately I was practicing my usual motorcycle survival skills and I was covering the brakes at the time.
    What always made me a bit antsy was sitting at a traffic light and watching my mirrors to make sure any vehicles behind me were able to stop(I do that in my car as well). I always leave enough room to move out of the way if necessary.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,250
    A couple of hours ago, my wife showed me a video of some people we know who had their dinner at the picnic table interrupted by a bear,
    I put it's front paws on a chair and was eating whatever they had for desert.
    One of the kids lamented "Ohhh that's my favorite".
    Just now I heard one of our trash cans go over.
    It was a bear. I yelled at it and clapped my hands, so it just took the trash bag up the street.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,849

@explorerx4 said:
    A couple of hours ago, my wife showed me a video of some people we know who had their dinner at the picnic table interrupted by a bear,
    I put it's front paws on a chair and was eating whatever they had for desert.
    One of the kids lamented "Ohhh that's my favorite".
    Just now I heard one of our trash cans go over.
    It was a bear. I yelled at it and clapped my hands, so it just took the trash bag up the street.

We back up to the woods at our campground. My wife always asks if there are bears in there. I said I’m pretty sure that bears don’t live 3 miles from the ocean! I hope I’m right.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

She probably needs a Range Rover for her own protection. If she went on your right that would mean she was on the wrong side of the road, like really on the wrong side of the road. If I had a motorcycle I would give up right then and there.....it's like you have no protection.

qbrozen said:

My Wrangler 4xe order.

Why are you keeping it a secret from us?

A guy was on the news complaining his new Ford truck he ordered in early March may not come in until the end of the summer and might not be until next year because of the chip shortage. He doesn't have his old car and the dealer has his $25000 deposit...trade in money. He is thinking of suing Ford!

driver100 said:

qbrozen said:

My Wrangler 4xe order.

Why are you keeping it a secret from us?

A guy was on the news complaining his new Ford truck he ordered in early March may not come in until the end of the summer and might not be until next year because of the chip shortage. He doesn't have his old car and the dealer has his $25000 deposit...trade in money. He is thinking of suing Ford!
    He gave up his trade in before the new ordered truck came in? Sounds like an idiot to me. I think I'll reserve my sympathies for someone who deserves it.