Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2022 Honda Civic Lease Deals and Prices

paulinocm18paulinocm18 Member Posts: 16
edited June 2021 in Honda

Could I please have the incentives, money factor, and residual value on a 2022 Honda Civic Sport.

Zip Code 77407

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012

Could I please have the incentives, money factor, and residual value on a 2022 Honda Civic Sport.

Zip Code 77407

We do not have the 2022 Civic lease programs, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• JQDJQD Member Posts: 21
    I got a quote from a Honda dealership in South Orange County, CA for a 2022 Civic Touring 36/12K lease. The selling price is, get this, $32,694. The sales rep quoted me a MF of .00150 and a Residual of 64%. The offer is $3K down with a $483 monthly payment.

This offer is so far out there that I didn't even bother to follow up with the sales guy. I'm not sure if this dealership/sales rep is shady or if most/all dealerships are going to be throwing out these insane numbers since the 2022 Civic was just released and there seems to be a big interest in the vehicle.

Does anyone have any 2022 Civic deals they have been offered that they would like to share?
    JQD said:

I got a quote from a Honda dealership in South Orange County, CA for a 2022 Civic Touring 36/12K lease. The selling price is, get this, $32,694. The sales rep quoted me a MF of .00150 and a Residual of 64%. The offer is $3K down with a $483 monthly payment.

This offer is so far out there that I didn't even bother to follow up with the sales guy. I'm not sure if this dealership/sales rep is shady or if most/all dealerships are going to be throwing out these insane numbers since the 2022 Civic was just released and there seems to be a big interest in the vehicle.

Does anyone have any 2022 Civic deals they have been offered that they would like to share?

I'm sure dealers would rather make a halfway decent deal on a 2021 model to clear out the old inventory, and are throwing out these insane quotes on the 2022 to make the customer think "huh, maybe I could live with the old model at a much lower price and payment"

Or, they are too new to discount, and the lease program is crappy.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• mw350mw350 Member Posts: 71
    Any info out there on the current 2022 Civic lease programs on the Sport, EX, and Touring trims for NJ zip 07081? Looking for any and all info out there.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,826
    mw350 said:

Any info out there on the current 2022 Civic lease programs on the Sport, EX, and Touring trims for NJ zip 07081? Looking for any and all info out there.

No info on the 2022 model

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• 99gx99gx Member Posts: 133
    edited June 2021

@JQD said:

This is just stupid, I know there is a low inventory and chip shortages blah blah blah but for anyone paying that kinda of money for a honda civic is absolutely a dumb fool. I was actually looking at the same trim and lease you are looking at, haven't gotten any numbers, but that quote right there is $600 a month for a honda civic. Let's repeat that, $600 a month for a honda civic. I don't care that it's a brand new redesign 2022, that is just insanely overpriced. There is nothing special about the new honda civic. Technology wise there isn't much to go on that warrants a $32k price let alone a $600 monthly payment. To be honest that car at most is worth maybe $300 a month. That's the absolute highest I would pay for a honda civic touring. You can lease luxury bmw Mercedes and audi at $600 a month. You can even get the brand new acura tlx aspec awd fully loaded for less than a honda civic touring payment.

I got a quote the other day for a simple 30,000 honda insight. Again a simple car. It was the hybrid.. he quoted me 2000 up front and 460 a month and said none of tbose numbers included taxes, registration or dmv. That would be over a $550 dollar payment per month for a Honda insight. A simple no frills car.

This has become a complete joke. there will be dumb fools who are going to lease the new civic honda and get completely taken advantage of. There will be people who lease the base LX for $350+ a month and actually believe they made out on a deal. Hahaha. My lease is almost up and the only smart thing I can do is actually extend the lease for another year, my payment is low enough to wait out this inflated market and sit calmly before I set out again for another lease. And if things get even worse, we'll I'll simply buy my current lease which will still be cheaper than navigating these extremely over priced rip off dealerships.

99gx said:

@JQD said:

This is just stupid, I know there is a low inventory and chip shortages blah blah blah but for anyone paying that kinda of money for a honda civic is absolutely a dumb fool. I was actually looking at the same trim and lease you are looking at, haven't gotten any numbers, but that quote right there is $600 a month for a honda civic. Let's repeat that, $600 a month for a honda civic. I don't care that it's a brand new redesign 2022, that is just insanely overpriced. There is nothing special about the new honda civic. Technology wise there isn't much to go on that warrants a $32k price let alone a $600 monthly payment. To be honest that car at most is worth maybe $300 a month. That's the absolute highest I would pay for a honda civic touring. You can lease luxury bmw Mercedes and audi at $600 a month. You can even get the brand new acura tlx aspec awd fully loaded for less than a honda civic touring payment.

I got a quote the other day for a simple 30,000 honda insight. Again a simple car. It was the hybrid.. he quoted me 2000 up front and 460 a month and said none of tbose numbers included taxes, registration or dmv. That would be over a $550 dollar payment per month for a Honda insight. A simple no frills car.

This has become a complete joke. there will be dumb fools who are going to lease the new civic honda and get completely taken advantage of. There will be people who lease the base LX for $350+ a month and actually believe they made out on a deal. Hahaha. My lease is almost up and the only smart thing I can do is actually extend the lease for another year, my payment is low enough to wait out this inflated market and sit calmly before I set out again for another lease. And if things get even worse, we'll I'll simply buy my current lease which will still be cheaper than navigating these extremely over priced rip off dealerships.

Not everybody can extend their lease. I agree that the market is totally upside down at the moment, but it's simple supply and demand. Too many people chasing after not enough cars.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

These are the responses I received from 2 Southern California dealers that I reached out to for a 2022 Honda Civic Touring lease:

Sell Price $32,694.00
    $3000 down / 36 months / $483 a month for 12k miles per year
    MF - .00150
    Res. – 64%

Money Factory is 0.00150 Residual is 64% = $19001.60 for 36 months based on 12K miles a year. Payments are $537.98
    For 24 months Residual is 65% =$19298.50 based on 12K miles a year . Payments of $761.98

I didn't bother to negotiate with either dealership since these monthly payments are way more than I would pay for a Civic.
    JQD said:

These are the responses I received from 2 Southern California dealers that I reached out to for a 2022 Honda Civic Touring lease:

Sell Price $32,694.00
    $3000 down / 36 months / $483 a month for 12k miles per year
    MF - .00150
    Res. – 64%

Money Factory is 0.00150 Residual is 64% = $19001.60 for 36 months based on 12K miles a year. Payments are $537.98
    For 24 months Residual is 65% =$19298.50 based on 12K miles a year . Payments of $761.98

I didn't bother to negotiate with either dealership since these monthly payments are way more than I would pay for a Civic.

Gotta pay to play to be the first on your block with the newest and bestest.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell:

I was hoping you would have replied that the numbers I was given by the dealerships don't add up. Based on my calculations, to get to a $538 monthly payment for a 2022 Honda Civic Touring on a 36-month 12K miles lease with a 64% residual in Southern California, the adjusted capitalized cost of the vehicle would have to be $39K+, which would be $10K over MSRP.

These are my calculations:
    MSRP: $28,300
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $28,895 (MSRP + $595 Acquisition Fee)
    Residual: $18,112 (MSRP * 64% Residual)
    Depreciation: $10,783 (Net Cap Cost - Residual)
    Monthly Depreciation Payment: $299.53 (Depreciation / 36)
    Monthly Interest Payment: $70.51 ((Adjusted Cap Cost + Residual) * .0015 Money Factor)
    Monthly Tax Payment: $28.68 ((Monthly Depreciation Payment + Monthly Interest Payment) *.0775 Orange County Sales Tax Rate)
    Total Monthly Payment: $398.72

Due at Signing: $860.72 (First Months Payment, Registration, Doc Fee, Tire Fee)
    First Months Payment: $398.72
    Doc Fee: $75
    Tire Fee: $12

Am I missing something?
    JQD said:

Michaell:

I was hoping you would have replied that the numbers I was given by the dealerships don't add up. Based on my calculations, to get to a $538 monthly payment for a 2022 Honda Civic Touring on a 36-month 12K miles lease with a 64% residual in Southern California, the adjusted capitalized cost of the vehicle would have to be $39K+, which would be $10K over MSRP.

These are my calculations:
    MSRP: $28,300
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $28,895 (MSRP + $595 Acquisition Fee)
    Residual: $18,112 (MSRP * 64% Residual)
    Depreciation: $10,783 (Net Cap Cost - Residual)
    Monthly Depreciation Payment: $299.53 (Depreciation / 36)
    Monthly Interest Payment: $70.51 ((Adjusted Cap Cost + Residual) * .0015 Money Factor)
    Monthly Tax Payment: $28.68 ((Monthly Depreciation Payment + Monthly Interest Payment) *.0775 Orange County Sales Tax Rate)
    Total Monthly Payment: $398.72

Due at Signing: $860.72 (First Months Payment, Registration, Doc Fee, Tire Fee)
    First Months Payment: $398.72
    Doc Fee: $75
    Tire Fee: $12

Am I missing something?

We don't know the actual numbers.
    Plus, no point in us doing the math on a $500+/mo. offer on a Civic.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx:

I have no intention of paying anywhere near $500 for a Honda Civic lease, so I get your point there. However, I would greatly appreciate it if someone would let me know if my numbers are correct based on the MSRP and Adjusted Cap Cost that I used so if I can find a dealership that will lease a 2022 Civic at a price close to MSRP, then I will have a good idea about what the monthly payment should be.

I'm just trying to confirm that I'm correctly configuring the lease payment using my numbers, not the numbers that the dealerships gave me.
    JQD said:

kyfdx:

I have no intention of paying anywhere near $500 for a Honda Civic lease, so I get your point there. However, I would greatly appreciate it if someone would let me know if my numbers are correct based on the MSRP and Adjusted Cap Cost that I used so if I can find a dealership that will lease a 2022 Civic at a price close to MSRP, then I will have a good idea about what the monthly payment should be.

I'm just trying to confirm that I'm correctly configuring the lease payment using my numbers, not the numbers that the dealerships gave me.

Yes, your math is fine

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks kyfdx. Hopefully some people will post the deals they are being offered for the 2022 Civic so other people will know if it is possible to get a reasonable lease deal on a 2022 Civic or if all dealers are going to be using insane numbers like the 2 dealers that I received offers from.

Have a great day!!!
  • r1mavicr1mavic Member Posts: 37
    edited June 2021

We went yesterday to lease the 2022 Sport Civic and was quoted $250 a month with $2,000 down. We got up to leave and was told they would do $250 a month with $0 down if we did it right then. She wasn’t sold on the colors they had, so we left.

r1mavic said:

We went yesterday to lease the 2022 Sport Civic and was quoted $250 a month with $2,000 down. We got up to leave and was told they would do $250 a month with $0 down if we did it right then. She wasn’t sold on the colors they had, so we left.

That seemed like a pretty decent deal, with $0 down.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• JudiazJudiaz Member Posts: 25
    By chance, is there any info on lease programs for July for the 22' Civic?
    Judiaz said:

By chance, is there any info on lease programs for July for the 22' Civic?

Yes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• JudiazJudiaz Member Posts: 25

@Michaell said:
    Yes.

May I get the rv, mf, and incentives on a 2022 Honda Civic EX sedan for 36/12 in zip 91355?

Judiaz said:

@Michaell said:

Yes.

May I get the rv, mf, and incentives on a 2022 Honda Civic EX sedan for 36/12 in zip 91355?

.00150 MF
    66% RV
    No incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mm7mm7 Member Posts: 71
    Please have the 36 month numbers on 2022 Civic Sport, EX, and Touring for 60005? Would prefer lower mileage, but I don't think Honda offers anything below 12k per year? Thanks
    mm7 said:

Please have the 36 month numbers on 2022 Civic Sport, EX, and Touring for 60005? Would prefer lower mileage, but I don't think Honda offers anything below 12k per year? Thanks

36/10

.00150 MF
    69%, 67%, 65% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks! Bad interest rate, but good residuals. Maybe I can get the financing elsewhere.
    mm7 said:

Thanks! Bad interest rate, but good residuals. Maybe I can get the financing elsewhere.

If you want to lease, you won't beat that program.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited July 2021
    kyfdx said:

mm7 said:

Okay. I thought interest rates would be a bit lower right now. Maybe I will actually put some cash down this time.
    mm7 said:

kyfdx said:

mm7 said:

Okay. I thought interest rates would be a bit lower right now. Maybe I will actually put some cash down this time.
    You can do that, but that up front money would be lost if the car is stolen or totaled during the lease.

Cash down doesn't change the cost of the lease. Would you pre-pay rent on an apartment?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Michael_Lin123Michael_Lin123 Member Posts: 3
    Hello! May I please get for MF, RV, and incentives for:

Model: 2022 Civic LX, Sport, EX

Term: 36 Months

Mileage: 10,000

Thank you

Hello! May I please get for MF, RV, and incentives for:

Thank you

.00150 MF
    67%, 69%, 67%
    No incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

mm7 said:

kyfdx said:

mm7 said:

You can do that, but that up front money would be lost if the car is stolen or totaled during the lease.

Cash down doesn't change the cost of the lease. Would you pre-pay rent on an apartment?
    Thought it would save me interest?
    mm7 said:

Michaell said:

mm7 said:

kyfdx said:

mm7 said:

Yes, but even $1000 extra upfront will only save $1.50/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

mm7 said:

Michaell said:

mm7 said:

kyfdx said:

mm7 said:

Seems a bit low based on the models I have used, but I will take your word for it. I have $8-9k of positive equity on my trade-in. Should I not roll that into the new lease then? Will the dealer give me cash outside of the new lease deal, or would have have to buy out the lease, and then resale separate of the new lease?
  • OSMOSM Member Posts: 1
    Hello! May I please get for MF, Residual value, and incentives for:

Thank you
    mm7 said:

kyfdx said:

mm7 said:

Michaell said:

mm7 said:

kyfdx said:

mm7 said:

Seems a bit low based on the models I have used, but I will take your word for it. I have $8-9k of positive equity on my trade-in. Should I not roll that into the new lease then? Will the dealer give me cash outside of the new lease deal, or would have have to buy out the lease, and then resale separate of the new lease?
    If you trade in your current vehicle, you can have the dealer cut you a check for the equity.

No need to start a lease with that much up front.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

OSM said:

Hello! May I please get for MF, Residual value, and incentives for:

Thank you

.00150 MF
    67%, 69%, 67%
    No incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

mm7 said:

kyfdx said:

mm7 said:

Michaell said:

mm7 said:

kyfdx said:

mm7 said:

It only saves $1.50 per month in finance charges. Of course, the payment will be lower by $1000/36, but that isn't a savings. Just a pre-payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

mm7 said:

kyfdx said:

mm7 said:

Michaell said:

mm7 said:

kyfdx said:

mm7 said:

It only saves $1.50 per month in finance charges. Of course, the payment will be lower by $1000/36, but that isn't a savings. Just a pre-payment.
    Thanks. My last Civic EX-T lease was $237, and looks like a new one will be about $350. Seems like a such a big jump, but I guess that is more the price difference than the rate.
    mm7 said:

kyfdx said:

mm7 said:

kyfdx said:

mm7 said:

Michaell said:

mm7 said:

kyfdx said:

mm7 said:

Thanks. My last Civic EX-T lease was $237, and looks like a new one will be about $350. Seems like a such a big jump, but I guess that is more the price difference than the rate.
    Partly due to both issues - the higher transaction price means the depreciation portion of the payment goes up, and the higher MF means the rent charge is more, too.

You might be able to get a better deal (and a better payment) on an outgoing 2021 Civic, assuming you can find one you like.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• smassmansmassman Member Posts: 1
    Hi - can I please get the MF and residual, and incentives (lol) for these two trims? Thanks!

Model: 2022 Civic Sport and EX

Mileage: 12,000
    smassman said:

Hi - can I please get the MF and residual, and incentives (lol) for these two trims? Thanks!

Model: 2022 Civic Sport and EX

Mileage: 12,000

.00150 MF
    68%/66% residual for Sport/EX

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mlbrownmlbrown Member Posts: 9
    2022 Civic LX 76710
    MF
    Residual 36/10, 36/12, 36/15
    Incentives (?)
    Base APR for 60 mos
    What is the APR and MF increment for Tier 1 vs Tier 2?
    Thanks. MB
    mlbrown said:

2022 Civic LX 76710
    MF
    Incentives (?)
    Base APR for 60 mos
    Thanks. MB

Hatchback or sedan?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mlbrownmlbrown Member Posts: 9
    kyfdx said:

mlbrown said:

2022 Civic LX 76710
    MF
    Incentives (?)
    Base APR for 60 mos
    Thanks. MB

Hatchback or sedan?
    Sedan. Sorry. MB
    mlbrown said:

kyfdx said:

mlbrown said:

2022 Civic LX 76710
    MF
    Incentives (?)
    Base APR for 60 mos
    Thanks. MB

Hatchback or sedan?
    Sedan. Sorry. MB
    36/15
    .00150 MF and 64% residual

1.90% APR up to 60 months

Numbers are good for Tiers 1-3.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Is it normal that the purchase APR is lower than the lease?
    mm7 said:

Is it normal that the purchase APR is lower than the lease?

They are often unrelated.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Good morning - Does Honda offer 24mth leases?
    mm7 said:

Good morning - Does Honda offer 24mth leases?

Yes

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Oh, I didn't know. Can I please have the Civic sedan Sport & EX trim, 24mth 10,000? Zip 60005 thanks
    mm7 said:

Oh, I didn't know. Can I please have the Civic sedan Sport & EX trim, 24mth 10,000? Zip 60005 thanks

.00150 MF
    75% / 73% for Sport / EX

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Lisa SmithLisa Smith Member Posts: 78
    Hi,

May I have money factors, residuals, and incentives on 2022 Civic Sport Sedan and Hatchback for 36/10, zip 92081?