Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,936

@explorerx4 said:
    @jmonroe1,

I drove one too, but didn't my manhood didn't feel threatened. B)

Mine wasn’t threatened; it was just bored to a great extent.

Wasn't it around 145hp? A nice increase over about 100hp of the non-turbo.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,220

@oldfarmer50 said:
    Isn’t all leather vegan? Unless you’re making it out of lion skin.

Vegan is abstaining from the use of animal products. So leather is not vegan. Pleather is vegan leather

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,559
    mjfloyd1 said:

@oldfarmer50 said:

Isn’t all leather vegan? Unless you’re making it out of lion skin.

Vegan is abstaining from the use of animal products. So leather is not vegan. Pleather is vegan leather

Oh, I thought that since cows ate grass and…..we’ll never mind.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

edited July 2021

College town. Lots of vegans

edited July 2021

@oldfarmer50 said:
    Oh, I thought that since cows ate grass and…..we’ll never mind.

I don’t think animals eat plants then the animals become plants :) - may be if there is some reincarnation thing that I’m not aware of :)

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,850

Pizza story is quite interesting. I don’t know what’s worse being held hostage or forced to eat Pizza Hut.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,027
    tjc78 said:

Pizza story is quite interesting. I don’t know what’s worse being held hostage or forced to eat Pizza Hut.

I guess you never had Domino's.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,850

@ab348 said:

That’s not even food

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,063
    tjc78 said:

@ab348 said:

That’s not even food

In NJ, I'm sure it isn't.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    Everyone knows the old joke about pizza and ___. Which is good, because I definitely can't tell it here!
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964
    edited July 2021
    I don't know that joke....now you have to tell us.

Here is a puzzle....what comes next;

2.......4.......?

answer below.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

Answer:

• henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    driver100 said:

Sure you have. Everyone has. The punch line is, "The worst I ever had was G-R-R-E-E-A-A-T."
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • boomchekboomchek Member Posts: 5,516
    So we are taking another summer road trip to our province's interior region, the Okanagan, to tour some wineries, play in the lakes, and relax for a week. Funny how now the 4 of us (wife and I and 2 kids, aged 11 and 6) can fit everything we need into our Audi A7.

In comparison about 10 years ago when it was just 3 of us, our MDX was packed to the ceiling, with the 2nd row full of stuff too. Granted it was winter time and we were heading to an isolated cabin for New Years so we had to take bulky winter clothing and food for a few days but the more road trips we take, the more efficient we are with how much stuff we really need to bring. And the A7's shallow cargo area taught us to pack light because we actually did take it to a mountain resort last new year's and still managed to fit everything in.

2016 Audi A7 3.0T S Line, 2021 Subaru WRX

@boomchek It's been about 10 years since we heard from you. Are you still in the car biz? What is going on....chips and prices etc.?
    We learned that for a trip get your stuff ready, and then leave half of what you are taking at home...it is surprising how little you need.
    For 8 to 10 day trips, we manage with one carry on size suitcase each!

henryn said:

driver100 said:

Sure you have. Everyone has. The punch line is, "The worst I ever had was G-R-R-E-E-A-A-T."
    I think I have heard it only it was something else....not pizza. :)

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,460
    driver100 said:

@boomchek It's been about 10 years since we heard from you. Are you still in the car biz? What is going on....chips and prices etc.?
    We learned that for a trip get your stuff ready, and then leave half of what you are taking at home...it is surprising how little you need.

And half of that was deodorant. :(

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
    jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

And half of that was deodorant. :(

jmonroe
    Well, you get better seats on the bus.

*Actually, Tilly stuff that you can wash out.

One guy today drove in with his 1986 Mustang 5.0 which looked something like this. I think it is a great looking car, a little different than most cars on the road today but has nice crisp lines, and flat sides and huge windows...now that's my kind of car:

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290

@driver100 said:
    One guy today drove in with his 1986 Mustang 5.0 which looked something like this. I think it is a great looking car, a little different than most cars on the road today but has nice crisp lines, and flat sides and huge windows...now that's my kind of car:

The Fox body Stangs did look nice. I had one back in the 80s.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

@driver100 said:

My Mustang looked like that except red vegan leather. Straight six with auto transmission. Those were the days when my only concern was how many times I would wax it this week…

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,498
    If it don't go, chrome it.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,460
    mjfloyd1 said:

@driver100 said:

My Mustang looked like that except red vegan leather. Straight six with auto transmission. Those were the days when my only concern was how many times I would wax it this week…

My kinda guy. ;)

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)

Unfortunately the unvaccinated put us all at risk. They get the various variants and pass them on while in la boutique target or The Walmart…

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    if Darwin only impacted them I would say let him go. Toasters in the tub, sure. But not something that can take out innocent people, and cripple the already weak medical care system in the country.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,252
    I can't believe some people are ok with possibly being a modern version of Typhoid Mary.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert

Then the doubly immunocompromised guy gets to take care of these people while on call. Gotta do what you gotta do. At least I have the right equipment.

I need to switch “offices” :)

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312

Another flag for “Abuse”- it’s extremely encouraging to know I’m not losing my touch.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

edited July 2021

Another flag for “Abuse”- it’s extremely encouraging to know I’m not losing my touch.

Well if you are collecting them we will be more than happy to help you get more.

you know that "quote" button is right next to the "flag" button, could have been an error.

edited July 2021

These are the same types who come in with foreign bodies up their rear ends. I always ask how it got there.

They usually say that they were walking through their garage and fell on a (fill in the blank)

Then I ask why they were walking through the garage with no pants and no underwear. Clearly they have not thought this through.

And that’s when the fight started…

Well if you are collecting them we will be more than happy to help you get more.

you know that "quote" button is right next to the "flag" button, could have been an error.
    I seriously doubt it.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    Abuse and "SPAM" ratings are a badge of HONOR!
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,063
    andres3 said:

Abuse and "SPAM" ratings are a badge of HONOR!

Speaking as the moderator, I can definitively tell you they aren’t.

Let’s dial back on this topic.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

I can't believe 2 of you guys had an 80s Mustang. I almost bought one in 1984, but I got a great lease deal on a Camaro, and I liked the way it drove better. But, I think those Mustangs look better as time goes by.

Speaking of which, on a Car Talk program today the guy said if your lease is coming up, buy the car, you can get a lot more for it than what the buy back price will be.

mjfloyd1 said:

mjfloyd1 said:

Unfortunately the unvaccinated put us all at risk. They get the various variants and pass them on while in la boutique target or The Walmart…

If that's the case then everyone not vaccinated for measles, or whopping cough or any of a multitude of other diseases most people are vaccinated against are putting us all at risk.

Just remember some people cannot be vaccinated, check with your doctor.
    There is obviously a difference between choosing not to get vaccinated and not being able to be vaccinated due to a health issue. And I bet you are smart enough to wear a mask when it is prudent to do so.

And yes, some communicable diseases are making a comeback because, well, people are idiots
    But these communicable diseases that are making a comeback are mostly affecting those who didn't get the vaccines. Natural selection at work.

fintail said:

The same wonderful souls who will trust random internet guy from facebook over science, who believe every conspiracy theory and MLM scheme thrown at them, and then present loads of defiant contrarian edgelord-ness, often from an overprivileged or low accountability background, also the same people who will preach law and order, personal responsibility, other hypocrisy.

mjfloyd1 said:

mjfloyd1 said:

If that's the case then everyone not vaccinated for measles, or whopping cough or any of a multitude of other diseases most people are vaccinated against are putting us all at risk.

There is obviously a difference between choosing not to get vaccinated and not being able to be vaccinated due to a health issue. And I bet you are smart enough to wear a mask when it is prudent to do so.

And yes, some communicable diseases are making a comeback because, well, people are idiots
    Don't trust the random internet guy but also don't trust the science guy either. Not trying to be political here but science does follow the money too.

@snakeweasel said:
    But these communicable diseases that are making a comeback are mostly affecting those who didn't get the vaccines. Natural selection at work.

“Mostly” because nothing is 100% effective , sadly

edited July 2021

Anybody want my job for the next uptick? I’m willing to train. Malpractice insurance is relatively cheap….

mjfloyd1 said:

@snakeweasel said:

“Mostly” because nothing is 100% effective , sadly

That too but sadly as I said not everyone can get vaccines.

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889

I finally got my vaccine last week.
    Thank you to all of those who field tested it for me all these months.
    Of course, I still wore a mask, etc. The damnedest thing happened while at the pharmacy. Guy came in after me and asked for the shot. Pharmacist said “where is your mask?” Guy says “oh, I need a mask?” Pharm says “uhhh… you’re here FOR THE SHOT. YEAH, YOU NEED TO BE WEARING A MASK.” I was just shaking my head. WTH are people thinking? Seriously?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,092
    Maybe not blindly trust, but chances of finding a credible science guy are far higher than finding a credible random internet guy, and not just another nutter who is being defiant for the sake of defiance (or calling it liberty, freedom, other weasel words).

I also wonder what percentage of those who haven't been jabbed are in that position via medical reasons, rather than contrarianism or falling for social media insanity. I bet it's a sharp minority.

fintail said:

The same wonderful souls who will trust random internet guy from facebook over science, who believe every conspiracy theory and MLM scheme thrown at them, and then present loads of defiant contrarian edgelord-ness, often from an overprivileged or low accountability background, also the same people who will preach law and order, personal responsibility, other hypocrisy.

mjfloyd1 said:

mjfloyd1 said:

Don't trust the random internet guy but also don't trust the science guy either. Not trying to be political here but science does follow the money too.
    Michaell said:

Let’s dial back on this topic.

Yay!

And I'm not even involved. . .this time.

mjfloyd1 said:

Malpractice insurance is relatively cheap….

On what planet? Certainly not this one.

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,333
    edited July 2021

@cdnpinhead said:

Depends if you’re in a state with tort reform that caps payouts on malpractice suits.

2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible
  • boomchekboomchek Member Posts: 5,516

@driver100 said:

Yes still in the biz, almost 18 years now. Used prices here in Canada are steady, new inventory is a bit rough right now. I'm a sales manager at Honda but we've been ok so far inventory wise.

2016 Audi A7 3.0T S Line, 2021 Subaru WRX

edited July 2021

@cdnpinhead said:

Earth.

It’s about $13k per year here. That’s for my specialty- some are 4x more, some are way less. Relatively cheap with a clean history x 26 years. $1.25M cap. Almost everyone is hospital employed so…. Thankfully I am not.

I believe it covers 3 cases per year but I’ve never tested it.

Best part is that you can be sued by someone who doesn’t pay you at all. I cant refuse service at hospitals either. It is what it is.

• bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    The new 2021 Chevy Trailblazer looks so nice and pretty too, but how's the fit and finish? The price seems reasonable as well but the 0- 60 mph time of 9.2 seconds is not going to stir your heart strings.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcsT8bZ9DCI