Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,855

@nyccarguy said:
    I had a little time this morning. I dropped my 12 year old at baseball practice, my wife at the beach, then went to get the Pilot washed. After I got the Pilot washed, I gassed it up. The gas station was right across from the Mazda Dealer which is down the street from the Toyota dealer. I took a look on the Mazda lot. The CX9 is way smaller than our Pilot. Next it was off to the Toyota dealer. I’m walking the lot, checking out the used (Automatic) 2005ish Boxster S, and the Highlander. I’m approached by a very attractive sales woman who asks if there is anything she can do for me. “Sure, can you open up a Highlander for me to see how much room is inside?” No problem. She grabs the keys and I open the hatch. That’s a no go too. The 3rd row and cargo area are just too small for our uses.

I’m going to have to re-evaluate my needs for the eventual Pilot replacement.

Just as a side note, the Toyota Dealer had (3) RAV 4 Prime SE. $41K sticker price. LED headlights, Heated Cloth Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, power tailgate and moonroof as well as adaptive cruise. The gas engine is rated at 38 mpg by itself. I overheard another salesperson talking to a customer about it. Rated for 40 miles of electric only (depending on how you drive). Charges in 5 hours on a standard 120 volt outlet. Impressive.

Only car based SUV with the room you are looking for is the Enclave and Traverse. Everything else is slightly smaller. We find the 90 big enough for most of our needs but no doubt the Enclave was bigger.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,256
    Car manufacturers are dropping vehicles they don't make money on and small cars, in general, have small profit margins.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,215

Thanks. It is Roebling. I typed that wrong, knowing it was an umlaut Röbling Americanized as Roebling. John Augustus Roebling (born Johann August Röbling
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_A._Roebling

I always wanted to walk across that bridge. Guess that's on my bucket list.

I've already done that over 100 times for you... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

@benjaminh Currently closed to vehicular traffic for repair. Open for pedestrians and cyclists.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,936
    tjc78 said:

@nyccarguy said:

I had a little time this morning. I dropped my 12 year old at baseball practice, my wife at the beach, then went to get the Pilot washed. After I got the Pilot washed, I gassed it up. The gas station was right across from the Mazda Dealer which is down the street from the Toyota dealer. I took a look on the Mazda lot. The CX9 is way smaller than our Pilot. Next it was off to the Toyota dealer. I’m walking the lot, checking out the used (Automatic) 2005ish Boxster S, and the Highlander. I’m approached by a very attractive sales woman who asks if there is anything she can do for me. “Sure, can you open up a Highlander for me to see how much room is inside?” No problem. She grabs the keys and I open the hatch. That’s a no go too. The 3rd row and cargo area are just too small for our uses.

Just as a side note, the Toyota Dealer had (3) RAV 4 Prime SE. $41K sticker price. LED headlights, Heated Cloth Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, power tailgate and moonroof as well as adaptive cruise. The gas engine is rated at 38 mpg by itself. I overheard another salesperson talking to a customer about it. Rated for 40 miles of electric only (depending on how you drive). Charges in 5 hours on a standard 120 volt outlet. Impressive.

Only car based SUV with the room you are looking for is the Enclave and Traverse. Everything else is slightly smaller. We find the 90 big enough for most of our needs but no doubt the Enclave was bigger.

Isn’t the Pilot up for a major refresh soon? The current model came out in 16.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,953
    Looks like the A3 will be coming home tomorrow morning around 10 or so. Timing is good as I've got to be at work at 12:30 and the mechanic is very close to both work & home. Been asking the wife about when she wants to do the new tires and hoping it'll be sometime in August. I just want it al done already.
    Think she finally gets it that makes no sense to put off any maintenance or issue one's d d has. She didn't like being home without a vehicle to use if she had to. She really hated it it seems and even if I left mine here for her, she wouldn't have used it. Just having one in the garage is enough she said.
    Yesterday wasn't too bad at Toyota, made $20 in tips which surprised me! Sure, the lower spine is still in spasm but I'm taking things slow and getting it done. Decided that I'll stay for the time being and will wait till years end to make a decision about anything. Want to be an employee once the new Corolla Cross comes out just in case it helps any. Doubt it will...but one never knows!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,953
    Guess I'm that mall minority that has to have a hatchback. Just love 'em and hope to get another one. Don't like a sedan and we already have one in the stable so no need for another. That BMW 128ti looks to be just perfect if only they'd bring it over stateside. Did look at another Mini Cooper CountrymanS at the dealer on Wednesday and they are a bit pricey, around $38K, the way I'd want one. Think it's based on the BMW X1but not 100% sure about that and think the X2 is a smaller vehicle, again, not totally sure about that. Prefer the looks of the X2 and liked the ones I sat in a couple weeks ago. Right size and both pre-owned units we saw had lowish miles for 2018's and their prices were down in the lower $21's. They were at Offleaseonly.com and forgot if they had any issues on the Carfax reports, many of their units do have an issue or two but they are pretty upfront about that, guessing the damage wasn't that bad.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,562
    sda said:

tjc78 said:

@nyccarguy said:

Isn’t the Pilot up for a major refresh soon? The current model came out in 16.

The Traverse seems nice from my limited experience driving them. Driving a Traverse back to back with an Equinox showed that it was superior in every way.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,466

@kyfdx said:
    I've already done that over 100 times for you... ;)

So you’re the one that’s circumventing my security system. :@ Just between us poster buddies how do you do that?

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • greg128greg128 Member Posts: 526
    edited August 2021
    I have a nightmare lease story regarding my BIL's daughter's (my niece) 2018 Nissan Sentra which was coming to the end of the lease recently and I suggested she should buy it rather than return it. Her buyout price was in the bit over $10,000 range and I saw them going for $2- $3K more online. She decided to buy and last Sunday they went to the original Nissan dealer (Smithtown Nissan) and gave them a bank check (on which my BIL cosigned for the buyout plus last lease payment.

Last Wednesday the car was repossessed, even after my niece showed them proof of payment to the dealer. My BIL and his wife spent most of Friday on the phone with both the dealer and Nissan Fincancial (45 mins on hold for that one) with no resolution. The repo towing company insisted they need an release from the people holding the title.

Apparently It turns out that they received the payment 2 days later than the last lease payment was due and immediately sent a repo order, probably because they knew it was worth more than the buyout. There was no communication between dealer and corporate. Bottom line is that a repo fee of $500 is required even though the car was paid in full and Nissan Corporate denies any responsibility for the fee. They are picking up the car Monday and will have to pay it.

I told my BIL and niece that if it was me I would spend an afternoon leaving negative reviews on Google, Yelp, Consumer Affairs etc. and make it clear that they would never consider Nissan again and would urge all of their family and friends to do the same.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891

I’d get a lawyer involved. It isn’t just $500. This is a repo on her credit. That will impact her for years to come.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,357
    edited August 2021
    qbrozen said:

I’d get a lawyer involved. It isn’t just $500. This is a repo on her credit. That will impact her for years to come.

This.

Hugely important. WIth a ding like that she wouldn’t be able to finance a bar of soap.

And yes, I would absolutely vilify Nissan, the dealer, repo company and anyone else involved in this. Someone will eat the $500 just to make the negative posts go away.

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,334

+3 on lawyering up.

2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,097
    edited August 2021
    Also excoriate them on social media - facebook, twitter, reddit, just rake them over the coals. Make it so search engines pick up on this.
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,562
    greg128 said:

I have a nightmare lease story regarding my BIL's daughter's (my niece) 2018 Nissan Sentra which was coming to the end of the lease recently and I suggested she should buy it rather than return it. Her buyout price was in the bit over $10,000 range and I saw them going for $2- $3K more online. She decided to buy and last Sunday they went to the original Nissan dealer (Smithtown Nissan) and gave them a bank check (on which my BIL cosigned for the buyout plus last lease payment.

Last Wednesday the car was repossessed, even after my niece showed them proof of payment to the dealer. My BIL and his wife spent most of Friday on the phone with both the dealer and Nissan Fincancial (45 mins on hold for that one) with no resolution. The repo towing company insisted they need an release from the people holding the title.

Apparently It turns out that they received the payment 2 days later than the last lease payment was due and immediately sent a repo order, probably because they knew it was worth more than the buyout. There was no communication between dealer and corporate. Bottom line is that a repo fee of $500 is required even though the car was paid in full and Nissan Corporate denies any responsibility for the fee. They are picking up the car Monday and will have to pay it.

I told my BIL and niece that if it was me I would spend an afternoon leaving negative reviews on Google, Yelp, Consumer Affairs etc. and make it clear that they would never consider Nissan again and would urge all of their family and friends to do the same.

If it were me I’d spend the afternoon filing for damages in small claims court. Seems a slam dunk win due to incompetence of the dealer and Nissan Corporate. I’ve never heard of a repo being done after late payment of 2 days. Especially on the last payment. You’d think they would at least give notice that the payment hadn’t been received. It’s like they were waiting like vultures to pounce for any reason.

Was the payment mailed or sent electronically?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    edited August 2021
    Time to bring a big gun on board. There might be a cause of action under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act or the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
    It's also a story that would look good on a local station's "Troubleshooter" news segment.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

edited August 2021

@au1994 said:
    This.

Hugely important. WIth a ding like that she wouldn’t be able to finance a bar of soap.

And yes, I would absolutely vilify Nissan, the dealer, repo company and anyone else involved in this. Someone will eat the $500 just to make the negative posts go away.

This looks like one of those stories that a TV station would be interested in. Worth a try.

FWIW, I doubt that the repo company would get a ding on this because they’re sure to say, “we just do what the dealer/Nissan tells us to do. We’re in no position to verify info provided by the customer”.

EDIT: @roadburner beat me to it. This is what happens when you’re a slow typer. It least it looks like I was right. I shoulda been a judge.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373

@greg128 said:

That’s crazy!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145
    nyccarguy said:

At my son’s baseball game, I started chatting with a guy that pulled up in a drop dead gorgeous Black/Black Volvo V60 Polestar. I asked him about the car and how he likes it. He loves it of course. Interesting 2021 Carpocalyse story behind it. Back in 2017 (I think), he bought a CPO 2015 XC60 for his wife. 3 weeks later she got T-Boned while making a left turn. The person 2 cars behind her crossed over the double yellow line because he thought she had stopped to make a right (her left blinker was on). The Volvo did its job and she didn’t have a scratch on her. $22K worth of damage to the car, the insurance paid to fix it and wouldn’t total it. The guy figures he’s stuck with a car until the wheels fall off. Fast forward to this past March and he’s been “stalking” V60 Polestar Wagons. Salesman who he’s been dealing with says he’s got a car that someone backed out of. Does he want it for MSRP (said there were maybe 4 others in the country)? So the guy puts his car’s info into the usual suspects (Carvana, Vroom, Carmax…). Carvana and Vroom come back with $11K each. Carmax comes back with $20K. He fully disclosed the accident to them with the damage. He said he literally stopped what he was doing at work, drove up to the CarMax in East Haven (spent 2 hours there) got a check and took an Uber home. He picked up the Volvo soon after that. And lived happily ever after…

I'll echo your last post ....

That's crazy!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,237
    edited August 2021

@greg128 - time to lawyer up and also to refuse (if they offer) to just take the car they they paid for and walk away with no tangible consequences to the lender. I think a poster here had a car wrongfully repoed many moons ago and got a settlement of about three times the cost of the car.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,439
    Sandy, 2 words:

Kona Limited.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Bradd, what about a Palisade or Telluride? Aren't they large inside? And get great reviews.

or just wait for a new design Pilot since yours is trucking along fine now. As others noted, it has to be coming soon. Current one has been out quite a while now.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145
    stickguy said:

Bradd, what about a Palisade or Telluride? Aren't they large inside? And get great reviews.

or just wait for a new design Pilot since yours is trucking along fine now. As others noted, it has to be coming soon. Current one has been out quite a while now.

Somehow, I don't think Bradd is interested in paying $10K+ over MSRP for the HyunKia duo.

Stick with the Pilot - heck, for a Honda, it's barely broken in.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

that is what I would do at this point.

I have no clue what the market is on any of this stuff now. Just trying to figure out what qualifies as a big midsized CUV now! They all seem big to me.

If you "need" a Suburban, just go buy one! or do the double up bit and replace the Pilot and the Tacoma with a full cab F150.

@Michaell said:
    Somehow, I don't think Bradd is interested in paying $10K+ over MSRP for the HyunKia duo.

Stick with the Pilot - heck, for a Honda, it's barely broken in.

I know the Koreans have come a long way, but I have no interest in a Hyundai/Kia with that kind of price tag in the first place. Much less one with those kind of dealer mark ups.

The Pilot is weird in the fact that it seems to have a longer life cycle than other Honda Products. The previous generation was ‘09 - ‘15. So maybe a 2022-2023 redesign is coming up.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Drove the Prius up to Nine Penny Branch in Charlestown for a hike this morning, followed by some country road driving and a return via the interstate. My target speed was between 40 MPH on some of the country roads and 80 on the interstate. The computer in the car claimed I got about 45 MPG. The engine really struggled on steep hills at highway speed, but it never dropped more than 1 MPH below the cruise setting. Not bad for a 14-15 year old car with over 200k, a check engine light, and plus-zero sized tires that don't have low rolling resistance like the factory ones.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    edited August 2021
    Ford plans to substantially shift to an ordering system. Even when the chip crisis is over Ford hopes to sell more vehicles for closer to msrp.

"We are really committed to going to an order-based system and keeping inventories at 50 to 60 days' supply," he said. "I know we are wasting money on incentives."

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a37187201/ford-build-to-order-online-ordering-changes/
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • greg128greg128 Member Posts: 526
    au1994 said:

qbrozen said:

This.

Yes he will be looking into a lawyer or small claims case. Unfortunately he has no choice right now other than to pay the repo fee. As far as I know the payment was a physical bank check given to the dealer.
    stickguy said:

Sandy, 2 words:

Kona Limited.

I really liked the Kona we had for a rental. Perfect for two people.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Bad news - A/C guy showed up this AM. He told my wife the compressor is shot and needs to be replaced. He's going to follow up with an estimate. GRRRRRR!

@benjaminh said:
    Ford plans to substantially shift to an ordering system. Even when the chip crisis is over Ford hopes to sell more vehicles for closer to msrp.

"We are really committed to going to an order-based system and keeping inventories at 50 to 60 days' supply," he said. "I know we are wasting money on incentives."

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a37187201/ford-build-to-order-online-ordering-changes/

Gotta love when execs come to this big revelation that everyone with half a brain already knew for decades.

Still, I think there is a disconnect between “order-based system” and “60 days’ supply.”

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

nyccarguy said:

Bad news - A/C guy showed up this AM. He told my wife the compressor is shot and needs to be replaced. He's going to follow up with an estimate. GRRRRRR!

That definitely is not great news.

edited August 2021
    qbrozen said:

@benjaminh said:

Gotta love when execs come to this big revelation that everyone with half a brain already knew for decades.

Still, I think there is a disconnect between “order-based system” and “60 days’ supply.”

It definitely is going to take some tweaking to the supply chain and typically ‘make to order’ runs extremely lean inventory wise so thats a risk.

It will be interesting to see if the inflated MSRP’s go away as a function of this. It will spell an end to the ‘look!! 10k rebate on a NEW F-150 XLT!!!’ type of ads.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,031
    qbrozen said:

The execs aren't dumb necessarily, but I have to think that there are some unintended consequences to such a move. Manufacturers wouldn't be able to strongarm dealers to take vehicles off their hands when they wanted to make their end of quarter/fiscal year numbers look better, since manufacturer sales numbers are based on them invoicing them to dealers, not retail customers. The other thing I wonder how they would handle would be their labor costs. The UAW agreements have long favored keeping the factories humming even without actual orders because they had to pay assembly line workers (at least to some extent) whether the factory was running or not. And their supply chain logistics become far more complex if you move to strictly an order-based system. God forbid customers get a choice of something other than a black interior.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

qbrozen said:

Yup. My understanding is that, in Europe, most new vehicles are ordered, and the dealerships carry minimal inventory. I'm sure they would like to reduce their floorplan!
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,936
    nyccarguy said:

I feel your pain. We had to replace our whole system two years ago. It was replaced with an American Standard Silver Series seer 16. It has performed flawlessly and is very quiet. Hopefully you can just have the compressor replaced but if you have to do a system replacement perhaps our experience may be helpful.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

nyccarguy said:

What kind of heat do you have?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

ab348 said:

The execs aren't dumb necessarily

No, definitely not all of them. Some are brilliant, in fact. They just don't live in reality.

@kyfdx said:
    What kind of heat do

Hydronic. I have a 20ish Year Old Weil McClain oil boiler.

@nyccarguy said:

Too bad most HVAC guys don’t do every day plumbing. If your guy did you might be able to work some kind of a deal with him.

If your system is more than 15 years old you might want to consider an entire system replacement. I’m sure that’s not what you want to hear but it is reality. Plus it’s always been easy for me to spend the other guys money.

Good luck.

jmonroe

dealers will both like and hate the system.

Like because lower overhead carrying costs. But hate if they don't have enough stock to sell to the vast majority of buyers who are either impulse buyers or just need something immediately.

But a 50-60 day supply on the ground is still a lot of cars, and I think normal for most brands.

and it likely does mean MSRP will reflect reality. The new Maverick pricing definitely was much leaner than most models that were priced to be discounted and incentivized.

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312

BMW of Cincinnati North has a 2018 M4 Comp in Austin Yellow. 18k miles, with a $6,000 M Performance exhaust and $1,800 worth of M Performance carbon fiber bits. One ding on the Carfax. Might go check it out.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

@nyccarguy I was going to say it might be time for a complete new system. But, with a boiler, that might not be cost effective.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,256
    In reference here to leased vehicles, it has been noted that some manufacturers are only letting you sell the vehicle back to an oem dealer, no 3rd parties.
    Does anyone know if that also applies to car purchased and financed through the manufacturer's financial arm?
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • dad23dad23 Member Posts: 866

In reference here to leased vehicles, it has been noted that some manufacturers are only letting you sell the vehicle back to an oem dealer, no 3rd parties.
    Does anyone know if that also applies to car purchased and financed through the manufacturer's financial arm?

or a broker? asking for a friend...

It does not. You own the car in that case. The loan balance is a defined amount and it does not matter what you do with the car as long as it gets paid off.

On a lease, technically the leading company “owns” the car.

jmonroe1 said:

@nyccarguy said:

Too bad most HVAC guys don’t do every day plumbing. If your guy did you might be able to work some kind of a deal with him.

If your system is more than 15 years old you might want to consider an entire system replacement. I’m sure that’s not what you want to hear but it is reality. Plus it’s always been easy for me to spend the other guys money.

Good luck.

jmonroe

I'm due for a complete system replacement. I'm pretty sure the compressor, air handler, & duct work are close to 20 years old. I'm guessing they've been on borrowed time for at least the last 5 years. I got a few different quotes from a few different places last year. I got quotes from 3 different companies who want to do 3 different things. Each one more expensive than the next. One guy wants to put a new air handler exactly where the old one is, one guy wants to rotate it 90 degrees, the 3rd guy wants to put it on the other side of the house. I'd really love to hear some of your input as A/C isn't something I'm familiar with. Pleae feel free to PM me if you prefer. I want to do this correctly.

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    nyccarguy said:

Been there. Done that. Sympathies.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• breldbreld Member Posts: 6,698
    My younger son’s last baseball tournament of the summer was this last weekend and I ended up driving back and forth between Denver and Colorado Springs (about 60 miles each way) every day from Thursday through Sunday, and twice on Friday as I returned that evening for my 30th High School Reunion (31st actually, as it was supposed to be last year).

So, lots of seat time in the fleet. I mixed it up a little between the Polestar and XC90. Definitely have grown to prefer the EV driving experience - the one-pedal driving is wonderful for pretty much all driving situations. But the XC90 really endeared itself to me as well…I found that the “Polestar Engineered” drive setting made for a generally better driving experience with its improved responsiveness.

And…I love the unique accessories Volvo offers on its cars. I’d always wanted the dog setup for the hatch and finally sprung for it this time.

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y