Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

replacement tire recommendations needed...

hcmmike1986hcmmike1986 Member Posts: 5
edited June 2020 in Mazda
I am looking for some recommendations for an all-weather tire for my AWD Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring...the tire size is P225/55R19...I live in Missouri so we get some snow and ice but nothing like Chicago...thanks

Comments

• hcmmike1986hcmmike1986 Member Posts: 5
    I should add that I drive a mix of highway and local streets...about 14,000 miles a year...
  • capriracercapriracer Member Posts: 907
    edited June 2020
    We need some more information: What is your goal? Better ride or better handling? Better wear/ Less fuel consumption/better traction? (pick 2)

Once you have made those choices, go to Tire Racks website. They have a Decision Guide under their Reaseracvh and Advice to help you decide.
    better ride/better wear...if I had to pick two...
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    edited June 2020

better ride/better wear...if I had to pick two...

www.tirerack.com

It's a great website for choosing tires, even if you aren't buying from them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

thanks for the help so far...the several tires recommended by Tire Rack all come with an H speed rating while the OEM tires are rated V...so I get a warning when I click on them on my local tire dealer's site...is that a concern?

thanks for the help so far...the several tires recommended by Tire Rack all come with an H speed rating while the OEM tires are rated V...so I get a warning when I click on them on my local tire dealer's site...is that a concern?

It's possible that you have a weird OEM tire. What brand and model is it?
    In 2014, 19" tires weren't as prevalent, and most of them were V-rated. I doubt TireRack would recommend a tire that didn't meet the requirements of your vehicle.

From a general standpoint, H-rated tires are good up to 130 MPH.
    You might check the load factor required of your tire, as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited June 2020
    kyfdx said:

It's possible that you have a weird OEM tire. What brand and model is it?
    In 2014, 19" tires weren't as prevalent, and most of them were V-rated. I doubt TireRack would recommend a tire that didn't meet the requirements of your vehicle.

From a general standpoint, H-rated tires are good up to 130 MPH.
    You might check the load factor required of your tire, as well.
    I do see 14 choices with V-ratings, though.

It appears that the V- and H-rated tires all have the same 99 load rating. If Tirerack is putting them up there, you should be good.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

If ride/mileage are important, the H-rated might be better.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

thanks!
  • Luiielu831Luiielu831 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 04 mazda 6 and a 2000 mpv do you think I can get the tires and rims from the 6 to fit the mvp?

I have a 04 mazda 6 and a 2000 mpv do you think I can get the tires and rims from the 6 to fit the mvp?

Go to Tirerack.com and input the two vehicles, to see if they take the same size. (you could also look at the current tires on the two vehicles to see if the sizes match).

But, that still won't guarantee that the wheels have the proper offset and backspacing. A test fit is the only way to know for sure.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• skyisthelimitskyisthelimit Member Posts: 46
    What tires did you go for? Check out the Cooper Discoverer SRX. They are currently on sale on 4wheelonline.
  • DylanWelchDylanWelch Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2021
    Go with Michelin tires. :)
  • JohanphilipJohanphilip Member Posts: 2
    You can check the Michelin CrossClimate SUV or the Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady, these are 2 tires I've used, they're great.