Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,265
    benjaminh said:

Not a surprise, but....

We'll never know, but that makes me suspicious about them not offering an AWD hybrid at launch. Maybe they knew hybrid components would be constrained (but not to what extent), punted by offering it only as a FWD, and now are having an "oh crap" moment when they realize availability of parts is worse than they thought.
  • Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,392

@mjfloyd1 said:
    Successful 4xe pickup today. Less painful process than with the grey one. Shockingly the white one drives just like the grey one and that’s a good thing. Daughter is very happy with it.

Congrats! My second favorite color combo.

2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,795
    benjaminh said:

Glad I got my Michelins almost the first day of the Costco sale. Shortly after I got my set of CrossClimate2 tires they went out of stock in my size, and it's not clear if they are going to get them back in stock before the sale ends. Costco still has the Michelin Defender T + H in stock, which is no doubt still a good tire, but I don't think it's on the same level as the CC.

Those tires definitely piqued my interest, just given their rather non-traditional design if nothing else. How do you like them so far? Any good weather (rain, etc) to test them in yet?
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,555
    corvette said:

benjaminh said:

Not a surprise, but....

We'll never know, but that makes me suspicious about them not offering an AWD hybrid at launch. Maybe they knew hybrid components would be constrained (but not to what extent), punted by offering it only as a FWD, and now are having an "oh crap" moment when they realize availability of parts is worse than they thought.
    may have been the reason on AWD> But my guess is that they got a way higher take rate on the Hybrid, even with FWD only, than they expected.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    edited September 2021
    mjfloyd1 said:

Successful 4xe pickup today. Less painful process than with the grey one. Shockingly the white one drives just like the grey one and that’s a good thing. Daughter is very happy with it.

Well, it didn't take long to figure out a time to go pick it up! Somebody must have been mercilessly tugging at your sleeve, so to speak.... ;)

Congrats. Your driveway must be quite the sight these days!
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,265
    stickguy said:

you guys seem to be handling the severe car shortage OK.

My dad asked me tonight about the lease end date on the Tundra and whether I planned to extend it by six months if offered. :D
  • Options
    benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    edited September 2021
    xwesx wrote: Those tires definitely piqued my interest, just given their rather non-traditional design if nothing else. How do you like them so far? Any good weather (rain, etc) to test them in yet?

The CrossClimate2 tires are the best I've had in my 41 years of driving, and a dramatic change for the better over the Goodyear Eagles that were on before. Dry traction and wet traction are both very strong with the CCs, and although they have slightly more noise than the very quiet Eagles, so far mpg seems similar. A couple of days ago I did a run to Columbus and back, a round-trip of about 440 miles, and my average mpg for the trip was 38, which is about the same as I got for that trip in the Eagles. But a few reviews at Tire Rack are reporting lower mpg with these tires. My car is more fun to drive with the CrossClimate2 tires, and I think they provide a safety edge beyond most other all-season tires.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    The CrossClimate2 is the top rated tire for Consumer Reports in their category called "performance all-season tires." Interestingly, although Michelin says the CC is a 60,000 mile tire, CR says it might even go 85k according to their tests and projections.

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095
    First review I've seen of the new Toyota Corolla Cross, @Sandman6472 take note:

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2022-toyota-corolla-cross-suv-first-drive-review

Typical softball first review from Roadshow but others should be coming soon.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    The weak spot for the Corolla Cross is the engine. From that review above....

"However, that additional heft will only compound the biggest problem with the Corolla Cross: being underpowered. The Cross is a couple hundred pounds heavier than the Corolla S sedan from which its powertrain is borrowed. Sporting 169 horsepower and 150 pound-feet of torque from a 2.0-liter naturally aspirated inline-4, the Corolla Cross offers suitable acceleration on a flat plane. However, introduce hills and the experience becomes perilous. Sharp inclines are met with a speedometer that moves like a sundial..."
  • Options
    breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710
    @au1994 - thanks for the write-up and summary of your experience! I’ve always admired the Land Cruisers of all generations. One of my childhood friend’s dad had one from the early ‘80’s (I’m not familiar enough to name the generation “code”) and I remember fondly riding around in that, and for some reason, I have a distinct memory of my friend and I washing it once at his request.

I’ve entertained the idea of owning one here and there, but it’s better to have lived vicariously through you. :)

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• Options
    au1994 said:

30 minutes? I’ve made a couple of cash transactions and they weren’t that quick.

Any chance that the Model Y will win out and the Polestar will get sold?

I do have in the back of my mind the possibility of trading the Polestar and keeping the Tesla if I find I prefer it. So I’m open to it but I doubt it will happen. The Tesla would have to prove to be a significantly improved EV experience over the Polestar, ‘cause I much prefer the character and style of the Polestar.

For that matter, my wife is keeping her mind open to the idea of keeping the Tesla over the ordered Allroad if she finds she likes it. But for the same reasons I prefer the Polestar, I think she will be anxious to get into the Allroad.

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,947
    breld said:

au1994 said:

30 minutes? I’ve made a couple of cash transactions and they weren’t that quick.

Any chance that the Model Y will win out and the Polestar will get sold?

I do have in the back of my mind the possibility of trading the Polestar and keeping the Tesla if I find I prefer it. So I’m open to it but I doubt it will happen. The Tesla would have to prove to be a significantly improved EV experience over the Polestar, ‘cause I much prefer the character and style of the Polestar.

For that matter, my wife is keeping her mind open to the idea of keeping the Tesla over the ordered Allroad if she finds she likes it. But for the same reasons I prefer the Polestar, I think she will be anxious to get into the Allroad.
    Something to keep in mind, ESPECIALLY for the two of you, is how much steeper the depreciation will be on the Audi vs the others.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    Sandman lives in Florida, so hills are not a problem. :D
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,279
    edited September 2021

@xwesx said:
    Well, it didn't take long to figure out a time to go pick it up! Somebody must have been mercilessly tugging at your sleeve, so to speak.... ;)

Congrats. Your driveway must be quite the sight these days!

I got done earlier than expected yesterday but had to drive an hour and swap cars (daughter in college) then another two hours and trade. Then two hours to swap again and an hour to home.

Worked out though.

• Options

@au1994 said:
    Putting a bow on the Land Cruiser…

I registered it exactly a year ago yesterday which I thought was on par for a CCBA’er. I put just over 10k miles on it in that year. That really shows me how little I drive now that I am WFH. It went to the lake every week from late April to early August and thats a 150 mile round trip plus runs into town when we are up there are about 40 so my miles locally consist of sub 20 mile round trip errands.

For what ever reason (like I need to explain it to this crew) it was a bucket list vehicle for me and I enjoyed it. Hauled plenty of cargo, the big 5.7 V8 was fun and it was very comfortable. Still looked nice and purposeful despite being a 2008.

Negatives…It was thirsty! Knew that going in but with the uptick in gas, I found myself taking the X1 more if it was available, I added an adapter for CarPlay but otherwise the tech was dated (knew that going in of course) and I probably missed that more than I thought I would. The quality of back up cameras has come a long way! Surprisingly as big of a greenhouse as it had, there were some blind spots. Last but not least, the wife was never crazy about it. Given the age she was waiting on something big to happen to it.

She was probably right. It needed tires and brakes, easily over $1k there and there was a leak in the A/C as I had it charged twice in the year I had it.

All in all it doesn’t owe me anything. I got a few hundred more than I paid for it. A couple of oil changes which I would have had anyway and a little bit in maintenance and shipping but I feel good about everything.

Long post, sorry. @breld has probably bought another car in the time it took to write/read that :smile:

I had one of those. I often joked that it was incapable of passing a gas station 🤣

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4-X

24/10 lease residual is 90%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,563
    mjfloyd1 said:

@au1994 said:

I registered it exactly a year ago yesterday which I thought was on par for a CCBA’er. I put just over 10k miles on it in that year. That really shows me how little I drive now that I am WFH. It went to the lake every week from late April to early August and thats a 150 mile round trip plus runs into town when we are up there are about 40 so my miles locally consist of sub 20 mile round trip errands.

For what ever reason (like I need to explain it to this crew) it was a bucket list vehicle for me and I enjoyed it. Hauled plenty of cargo, the big 5.7 V8 was fun and it was very comfortable. Still looked nice and purposeful despite being a 2008.

Negatives…It was thirsty! Knew that going in but with the uptick in gas, I found myself taking the X1 more if it was available, I added an adapter for CarPlay but otherwise the tech was dated (knew that going in of course) and I probably missed that more than I thought I would. The quality of back up cameras has come a long way! Surprisingly as big of a greenhouse as it had, there were some blind spots. Last but not least, the wife was never crazy about it. Given the age she was waiting on something big to happen to it.

She was probably right. It needed tires and brakes, easily over $1k there and there was a leak in the A/C as I had it charged twice in the year I had it.

All in all it doesn’t owe me anything. I got a few hundred more than I paid for it. A couple of oil changes which I would have had anyway and a little bit in maintenance and shipping but I feel good about everything.

Long post, sorry. @breld has probably bought another car in the time it took to write/read that :smile:

I had one of those. I often joked that it was incapable of passing a gas station 🤣

I’m willing to bet it was still better (a lot better) than what I get from my ‘15 Genny V8. But I don’t worry about it anymore because I put duct tape over that display. It would be even better if the menu allowed you to get rid of that display altogether. :'(

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,389
    kyfdx said:

How do you not do it?

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• Options
    au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,389
    jmonroe1 said:

mjfloyd1 said:

@au1994 said:

I’m willing to bet it was still better (a lot better) than what I get from my ‘15 Genny V8. But I don’t worry about it anymore because I put duct tape over that display. It would be even better if the menu allowed you to get rid of that display altogether. :'(

jmonroe

14 in town 16 highway

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• Options

@kyfdx said:

@stickguy i believe this was for you :)

• Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,563
    au1994 said:

jmonroe1 said:

mjfloyd1 said:

@au1994 said:

jmonroe
    14 in town 16 highway

Close. 14 in town is about right but you’re way off on the highway; highway was almost 23 IIRC. But like I said i don’t wanna look anymore.

Oh the joy of owning a gas hog, just like the good old days. At least now cars aren’t at their half-life at 50K miles.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,433
    kyfdx said:

Does that thing come with a long bed?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,289
    nyccarguy said:

kyfdx said:

Not that trim - S, SV and SL seem to, however.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    nyccarguy said:

kyfdx said:

Beats me..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited September 2021
    kyfdx said:

2wd or 4wd? What MF comes with that? Any incentives? That only comes as crew cab, right?

A base 4wd with 90% RV and ... oh, let's say .0021 MF, still comes to damned near $400/mo if no incentives and working from MSRP.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    qbrozen said:

kyfdx said:

2wd or 4wd? What MF comes with that? Any incentives? That only comes as crew cab, right?

A base 4wd with 90% RV and ... oh, let's say .0021 MF, still comes to damned near $400/mo if no incentives and working from MSRP.
    .00228 MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    qbrozen said:

kyfdx said:

PRO 4-X is 4WD. I think it’s only Crew

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

qbrozen said:

kyfdx said:

Correct - there is also a PRO X trim, which is RWD only (harkens back to the Tacoma PreRunner).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

qbrozen said:

kyfdx said:

Correct - there is also a PRO X trim, which is RWD only (harkens back to the Tacoma PreRunner).
    But not with a 90% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095
    qbrozen said:

kyfdx said:

How can a $40,000 vehicle with a 90% residual end up at $400/mo on a 24 month lease?

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,392
    edited September 2021
    With a .00228 money factor and no discount. With my taxes and fees, a 0 drive off on that would be $450/month.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    What he said.

MF applies to residual plus cap cost, so a high RV doesn't help when the MF is too high and there are no incentives. That $38k Frontier works out to about the same as my $55k Wrangler.

• Options
    Yeah, my quick calc comes up with $400/month with $0 down, including taxes on the monthly payment.

Still a good deal given the 1% benchmark. You just have to get over the fact that you're paying more for interest than the actual depreciation.

• Options
    $40K MSRP and selling price = $340 + taxes/fees.

With just a 24 month term to amortize fees, it adds up fast.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Looks like the new Corolla Cross will be just what I'm looking for with my next vehicle...easy to drive with a better than average sound system while being "cheap to keep"! I've got no issue with it being a bit under powered as we have like no hills down here in South Florida and I mostly do around town driving, usually around 40 to 50 miles/week. Since it looks to be a bit taller, think it'll be just what the doctor ordered for easy ingress/egress, just what I need with daily my spinal issues. If it's about the same height as my 2014 Hyundai Tucson was, I'll have no issues whatsoever. I'll even be willing to give up my moon roof/sun roof if it's not available in any package but luckily, it's got their JBL infotainment unit which they say is "better than average". As long as it's as good as my current Fender unit in the Golf, I'll be very happy...I need a decent sound system and luckily, Sirius/XM is available in the XLE model I'd be getting.
    I'm digging that blue over ivory combo but the green color looks interesting, something I'd want to see up close just to make the right choice. I'd much prefer a gray interior to be honest, so hoping that that'll be an option along with their black & ivory ones. As I mentioned earlier, even though I do like a hole in the roof, it's not a deal breaker for me honestly. But the JBL system and getting the XLE model are two things I will not compromise on. Not a fan of 18" wheels, looks like the XE has 19" ones, but I'll deal with it if that is the case. I find the 17" wheel size to be the sweet spot as the prices shot up with anything larger and the sidewall size goes down, again, two things I don't care for but will live with if I like the rest of the vehicle. And something tells me that this will finally be the vehicle I've been waiting for. Economical while being fun to drive and not breaking down every other week! Reliability is something I so want going forward to be truthfully honest, I abhor any kind of vehicular drama and as I get older, I hate it even more! It's been fun with the Golf as my d d, but...ready to just turn it on & go with no issues to worry about. And with a Toyota, that's exactly what I think I'm going to get! Good thing I'm in no hurry here as it don't look like things will improve much into well towards the end of 2022. I don't have to be the first to own this vehicle and can wait even another year if need be. I just want it to work as intended and not pay a ridiculous price for an everyday vehicle.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    @sandman6472,
    This may be the best chance to get a good price for your Golf.
    What I'm saying is how much of a discount would there be in a year on a C Cross versus how much the value could drop on the Golf?
  • Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,923

Just got the XC back from the body shop and got really lucky. They repainted the trim piece that was all scuffed up and were able to wet sand and buff the scratches from the door. Saved me $500. It’s nice to have an honest shop. When they first looked at it the estimator thought it needed to be re-sprayed.

I’m leaving the 3-4” of curb rash on the wheel. When it goes through pre-turn in inspection I’ll fix it then if they call it out.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    Considering that the CC ain't even out yet here in the United States, doubt this will be an issue. It's due here in October but doubt that'll hold true with the current chip issues...think we'll be lucky to see them at dealers before the new year and most likely later into 2022. And really, the later the better as I'd like them to do things right without rushing to get them out into the marketplace with issues to contend with. Take as long as needed to make things as perfect as they can be. I'm not an early adopter anyways so am perfectly happy to wait till the end of the first model year or even go into year #2, possibly #3.
    Takes me awhile to find something new if I'm happy with what I've got. The Golf was really the first vehicle I've owned that I knew within minutes that I'd own one of these, sooner than later. Nothing else out there in the marketplace that interests me right now besides the Corolla Cross so waiting isn't going to be an issue. Just hope the Golf behaves itself until that time. The odo is at about 68.3K right now so if it must remain in the stable another 1K or so miles, so be it. I do plan on trying out the new Golf GTI when it hits the dealers just to check out the changes. Doubt I'd ever consider the "S" model as it's going to cost more than I want to spend anyways and the only way I'd consider one is as a lease, not buying another VW at this juncture. Doubt the wife will purchase another Audi when the time comes, probably get the Kia Forte like she wanted last time. Once we put new sneakers on it after the holidays are over, she should be good for another couple of years of ownership. Figure she'll look to get either a 2023 or 2024 model.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    Was net the license plate office this morning so stopped in. The line was pretty short, too me like 7 minutes to get inside. Renewed the plate for just one year instead of two this time sine there was no price savings doing it for the two. Since I was a bit early, didn't get the renewal post card in the mail so just brought in the slip from last year which worked. Florida now won't renew the handicapped placard every three years automatically like they've been doing, so was told I can mail one in filled out by my pain doctor. Called their office and they said they'd send me a signed one that I can fill out instead of me driving all the way down there. Was happy to hear that and then I'll be able to send that plus a copy of my drivers license to get a new placard for the next few years. I have a late on my Golf but need the placard when I go in one of our other family vehicles, just makes my life a bit easier to be honest. In Florida, we keep our license plates for 10 years it seems unless one opts for a specialty plate like I have now & used to have. Had a "Protect The Manatee" plate for all of the 90's but went back to a regular plate afterwards. After my accident in 2005, decided to get the handicapped plate since I was pretty hurt after my accident and those injuries are still with me all these years later. Am so glad to have it especially on those days when even walking a few yards is sheer agony! And I don't want to have to use a wheelchair and hope to never have to unless the distance is farther than I can walk like that time we flew into Logan airport in Boston. As I got off the plane, some attendant put me right into a wheelchair and told us the walk to the gate was just too far and I'd be happier sitting as he pushed me through. And he was definitely right about that walk... and I tipped him generously for his thoughtfulness!

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,555

@kyfdx said:

@kyfdx said:

Interesting. But not actually looking. Probably.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    @stickguy,
    Sounds like win for you. B)
  • Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,671
    “ Heading to the finger lakes tomorrow ”

Be sure to swing over to Keuka lake and stop at Bully Hill Winery. I hear they have a nice restaurant there now and the view is nice.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    I finally got a good look at the map of New York state recently. Never realized how many places just west of the Tappan Zee Bridge that I've now heard of. Many of my customers in Century Village Boca were snowbirds and they had summer places in this area, bungaloo's if you will. We never got over there when we lived in lower New York as a kid, as we were on the east side of the Tappan Zee just north of the city. Very historic area that part of the Hudson Valley which I want to go back and see as an adult. Hoping to start with our 50th reunion next fall in Westchester County if my health lets me travel. Want to see the leaves change color in New England and see some old friends before it gets too late to be honest. So many places I still want to go in the New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire & Massachusetts but that could take a few weeks!
    It's supposed to be sometime in October of 2022 and hoping my health does hold out so we can drive up for a bit. Would like to go see the old houses our family used to live in and see how much that area has changed. We left for Florida in October of 1969 and haven't been back much over the years. These next few years seem to be the best time for us to see some of America before we become to old to go anywhere!!!

• Options
    benjaminh said:

The CrossClimate2 is the top rated tire for Consumer Reports in their category called "performance all-season tires." Interestingly, although Michelin says the CC is a 60,000 mile tire, CR says it might even go 85k according to their tests and projections.

Yes, I am seeing a lot of solid reviews and ratings for them, but you're the first person I have known to install them. I haven't even seen them "in the wild" yet (on random cars in parking lots, etc.).
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    stickguy said:

Got a buyers order in on a Maverick. On a weekend away but quick recap, to my specs, ordered at ~$27,900 on a $29750 MSRP. I’m happy with that! Now just have to wait for it to arrive.

Congrats! With that $1850 savings you not only paid for the moonroof, but also the spare tire, the tow hitch, and more. That's a good deal at any time, but an excellent one in this market. Probably another four months to go, but all that time you'll be saving too.

PS I realize there is an issue with the roof, but the new Bronco looks good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8ZZe98wwq4