Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,168
    Not even if you add some Eiboch parts? :)
    boomchek said:

fintail said:

From reddit, on a Veloster N, what a time we live in:

That's crazy. I hear of huge dealer markups on Hyundai Palisades and Kia Tellurides with some as much as $10-20k and they sell. Same with GM full size SUVs.

We might start feeling a slight inventory pinch next month or two with Honda but we have not marked anything up over MSRP and aren't planning to.
  • Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,923

I couldn’t even imagine spending that for the Veloster. You could get a 340 with some options and still not spend that.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    I saw a Santa Cruz today. It had an RC plane in the bed hanging out the back a bit.
    Looked like a perfect application.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,550
    that sounds likestyle to me!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,947
    I wonder if the Maverick's extra 6" of bed length would have fit it. ;)

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    Mach E wheels have a screen or mesh component to them.
    Pretty unusual.

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095
    Do not like.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options

@ab348 said:
    Do not like.

+1

• Options

First real Bronco out in the wild. Doors were off too.

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Streetspeed717? :D
  • Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708

Those aren’t factory tires, I bet.

• Options
    I saw one in July at the shore. Also doors off but in bright blue.

• Options

@stickguy said:
    I saw one in July at the shore. Also doors off but in bright blue.

They will be everywhere once the supply is there. I am still absolutely stunned over the amount of Jeeps at the shore. It’s like every 3rd car. I actually saw four different Gladiators yesterday.

You can’t see it but there was one behind me during this picture.

• Options
    My turn to spot first new Bronco. Gray with a soft top. Have no idea what trim level.
  • Options
    yeah, Jeeps were everywhere. all vintages.

• Options
    Kia Carnival. Pretty sharp looking vehicle. I know they are calling it an MPV (thought Mazda would get mad about that!) but it is still a Minivan. Just a sharp one.

• Options

I watched a video on the Carnival recently. Very nice vehicle. I’m sure they aren’t having any problems selling them.

• Options
    Saw a electric Mustang CUV in traffic.
  • Options
    Saw my first Ram TRX today. Black, moving along pretty good and towing a trailer.
  • Options
    A real beauty, chrome wrapped Jaguar F Pace.
  • Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,733
    Polestar 1, white, on the Henry Hudson south.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    New Toyota Tundra debuts, availability supposedly in December. All have a 3.5L twin-turbo V6, regular or hybrid varieties the only powertrain choice.

• Options
    quite the barge. That styling, did they have to pay royalties to Tonka or Lego?

I remember when Toyota was the more manageable sized alternative (along with Nissan) in the FS field. Those days, long since over.

Will be interesting to see if the going to the TT V6 will bite them, instead of the bullet proof V8 that would go relatively forever for little maintenance cost.

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,986
    ab348 said:

New Toyota Tundra debuts, availability supposedly in December. All have a 3.5L twin-turbo V6, regular or hybrid varieties the only powertrain choice.

No more V8, sad. The TOYOTA script on the dashboard is horrendous. Looks like a TONKA toy. Handsome it isn’t.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    somebody stopped by today with a brand new Rogue. Only had it 3 weeks. Actually pretty sharp looking. Must have been the top of the line, since it had a pano roof, front parking sensors, and a HUD unit. Pretty striking orange color. Looked much more interesting in that hue vs. the usual see of white and gray!

• Options
    I know everyone hates most Nissans and for good reason in many cases, but I like the styling of some of their vehicles, the Rogue among them. I know that metallic orange of which you speak and while it isn't for everyone, I like it.

• Options

Toyota and Lexus needs to fire their front end/grill designer. Can it get any worse?

• Options
    I found this on another foru: 2025 Tundra update:

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,986
    fintail said:

I found this on another foru: 2025 Tundra update:

Just NO

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    I saw similar photoshops when the latest Chevy/GMC pickups came out, they have some of the same looks about them.
  • Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Drove a brand new Nissan Sentra today at work and Nissan has finally gotten their CVT tanny right, shifts just like a regular automatic with no lugging. Really, had no clue isn't wasn't a true 7 or 8 speed auto tranny under the hood! About time Nissan finally got this right as Toyota & Honda seemed to get theirs right right out of the box. If I were in the market for a four-door econobox, the Sentra would be at the top of my list to be honest. The steering wheels Nissan chose are a bit wimpy and definitely need to be bulkier. The rest of the dash layout was just o k really, nothing to write home about but please Nissan, swap out your steering wheels for a bulkier unit that says something sporty.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    Followed a new (temp tags) Taycan 4S in to work today, driven very slowly. Where's the fun in that?
  • Options
    Super range anxiety?
  • Options
    that would be me!

I seem to recall QB when he had the leaf describing some times doing stuff like not using the heat in the winter or driving like a snail to make it home before running out of "gas".

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,947
    stickguy said:

that would be me!

I seem to recall QB when he had the leaf describing some times doing stuff like not using the heat in the winter or driving like a snail to make it home before running out of "gas".

yep

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    On the road today saw a current style E wagon, and it was even white - my first S213 seen here since I moved here a year ago. E63s however, appeared to be on a temp tag, was a ways ahead of me so didn't get to drive beside it.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    fintail said:

On the road today saw a current style E wagon, and it was even white - my first S213 seen here since I moved here a year ago. E63s however, appeared to be on a temp tag, was a ways ahead of me so didn't get to drive beside it.

On the road today saw a current style E wagon, and it was even white - my first S213 seen here since I moved here a year ago. E63s however, appeared to be on a temp tag, was a ways ahead of me so didn't get to drive beside it. Dead Head sticker on a Cadillac. A little voice inside my head said, "Don't look back, you can never look back".

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    A slow moving BMW or other capable vehicle is probably more annoying than a slow driven Prius, I must admit.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    A gray Mercedes GLE 63S AMG. Got a sleeper vibe from it. Doesn't look a whole lot different from other GLE's.
  • Options
    Not new, but I saw a late model Subaru (Outback perhaps) today with 8, count em 8 merit badges. That's the new record I am pretty sure.
  • Options
    Saw a Kia Carnival in the small town where my mom lives, unexpected. Also saw a new style Pathfinder on the road, much more worthy of the name than the prior marginally butch minivan.
  • Options
    I saw one of the Kias. Looked pretty sharp.

• Options
    Big Bronco day. Saw a pair of 4 doors. 1st was outside a Ford dealer, with plates on it so somebody owned it. On the way home from there, passed another one driving on temp tags.

interesting thing was that they were identical looking. Both were area 51 gray, with black fabric roof (or course, since they can't sell hardtops!). Pretty cool looking beats.

• Options
    boomchekboomchek Member Posts: 5,516
    fintail said:

Saw a Kia Carnival in the small town where my mom lives, unexpected. Also saw a new style Pathfinder on the road, much more worthy of the name than the prior marginally butch minivan.

I've seen a few new Pathfinders too already. They're actually decent looking and yes, much nicer than the previous generation.

2016 Audi A7 3.0T S Line, 2021 Subaru WRX

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,289
    Saw my first full sized Bronco this morning. Nice comparison shot…

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    In their natural habitat - the suburbs B)

Still haven't seen one yet. I did have a facelift E-class behind me in traffic today, I initially thought it was an A-class - using the same light design across many models is dumb IMO.
  • Options
    fintail said:

Still haven't seen one yet. I did have a facelift E-class behind me in traffic today, I initially thought it was an A-class - using the same light design across many models is dumb IMO.

Well, I don't get the Outback off tarmac all that much, either, and I know of no Chick-Fil-A's that need to be accessed via a dirt road.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    I had to drive the fintail through a small gravel patch in a construction zone last weekend - probably as off-road as many 4x4s see. I bet CO office parks are even more amusing than Seattle for the amount of decked out off-roaders slumbering there.
    Michaell said:

fintail said:

Well, I don't get the Outback off tarmac all that much, either, and I know of no Chick-Fil-A's that need to be accessed via a dirt road.
  • Options
    fintail said:

I had to drive the fintail through a small gravel patch in a construction zone last weekend - probably as off-road as many 4x4s see. I bet CO office parks are even more amusing than Seattle for the amount of decked out off-roaders slumbering there.

Michaell said:

fintail said:

Yep, and bro-dozers too.

The latest trend are jacked up Subarus with big knobbly off-road tires on them, an industrial-strength roof rack and a row of HID lights either across the bumper or above the windshield.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Those Subarus with the 2.5L are already none too powerful, I wonder if they re-gear them or just go slow(er)?