Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,563

@abacomike said:

@benjaminh said:
    Maybe you should consider taking some road trips?

I have 2876 miles on the odometer and the car turns 6 months old on 9/29/21. I take the car in for its first maintenance on 9/28/21 - it’s calibrated for every 6 months or 3000 miles, due to the short driving trips I take and very few highway miles. Maintenance is free for the first 3 years which includes wiper blades, brake discs and pads, oil and filter, all fluids, to name a few. Nice benefit for new car purchasers, if you can find one for sale.

That’s what you get when you buy a wannabe. Don’t take offense, I worked with a guy once who always had to have a car in warranty. He used to say, “I always wanna be covered for engine problems and I always wanna be covered for transmission problems and I always wanna be covered for A/C problems and I always wanna be… “ I’m sure you get the idea since you have a wannabe. ;)

We hope you’re feeling better today.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,328

Everything goes wrong...

Yesterday my wife's new transmitter for her two week Libre Freestyle continuous glucose monitor wouldn't work after the 1-hour startup period. I had to make a phone call to Abbott to ask for a replacement. Luckily she had one more in her 90-day shipment to use.

Today my wife got a letter from the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services. I knew it had to be trouble before I opened it. Sure 'nuf: It was reminding her there were jobs available and other assistance available. It said since she had applied for and/or received unemployment in the past they were notifying her of moer help available!!!

She never applied for unemployment. ID theft?

I fished around on the website, since the letter includes no way to contact them to report fraud, and finally found a place on the ODJFS webside for fraud. Ssssssh. So someone else probably was getting the tax money we pay now and relaxing on a beach chair somewhere on unemployment money under my wife's name. I wonder if I would have received a 1099-G in January if this letter hadn't shown up.

That happened to me early on in the 14 days to flatten the curve mess. I received a letter from the IL Dept. of Employment Security asking to confirm my change of address (apparently I moved to Memphis, TN). I reported it as fraud on their website. Both of my employers got letters from IDES telling them I applied for benefits. One was in a small panic over it but my main employer replied that I was still employed by them.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,671
    jmonroe1 said:

@kyfdx said:

More bacon news: Looked at the receipt when my wife returned from getting groceries. I only have bacon at Sunday breakfast, but at $2.50 per serving, I might be giving that up.. :(

I think I just had 5 bucks worth but I’m worth it. ;)

jmonroe

I just provided tenderloin steaks for a family get together. $30/lb. $250 for about 10 people.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    edited September 2021
    If my wife had been getting that extra $600 a week unemployment, we could have
    traded in one of the cars and gottena G90. :)

I'm really interested in finding out if someone actually defrauded ODJFS and got
    payment. My wife's record is pretty well embedded in Ohio records via her SS number
    and having a teaching license, which means the employment record with schools is
    easily available as public information.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options

driver100 said:

stickguy said:

I guess the plan for those that live in apartments is to WFH and take Ubers.

or just go to Walmart whenever they need some juice? At least the one near me now has a charge america type station in the parking lot. Though not sure I have ever actually seen an EV charging there.
    I’ve never seen a charging station at any mall or store but I never really looked for them either. I suppose I should start.

This brings me back to a question I asked before. If, when you need a charge and someone parks their gasser in the last spot, what is the etiquette or law regarding such behavior?
    Probably get to hear a long lecture about why you shouldn't park there.
    I think I mentioned this here before but a few years ago I was on the bike in a parking lot with a Prius right behind me. Well there was an open space right by the door so I took it. The lady in the Prius was a bit upset with me and told me that the spot was for fuel efficient vehicles only. Sure enough there was a sign that said that exact thing so I replied "I get over 65 miles to the gallon, what does your gas guzzler get?" Oh you should have seen the look on her face.
    I would pay to see that.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    edited September 2021

Everything goes wrong...

Yesterday my wife's new transmitter for her two week Libre Freestyle continuous glucose monitor wouldn't work after the 1-hour startup period. I had to make a phone call to Abbott to ask for a replacement. Luckily she had one more in her 90-day shipment to use.

Today my wife got a letter from the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services. I knew it had to be trouble before I opened it. Sure 'nuf: It was reminding her there were jobs available and other assistance available. It said since she had applied for and/or received unemployment in the past they were notifying her of moer help available!!!

I fished around on the website, since the letter includes no way to contact them to report fraud, and finally found a place on the ODJFS webside for fraud. Ssssssh. So someone else probably was getting the tax money we pay now and relaxing on a beach chair somewhere on unemployment money under my wife's name. I wonder if I would have received a 1099-G in January if this letter hadn't shown up.

So how did they know to contact your wife at your address if some scammer was getting the cash? Would they have given your home address? In NY UI is direct deposited so the bank would have all the person’s info.

I’m sure that there are ways but I wouldn’t know how to move the money out of an account without leaving a trail.

• Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,733
    I, too, had fraudulent unemployment claims in MA. My employer caught it immediately, notified me and the DOE.
    AFAIK, no harm, no foul.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options

I'm really interested in finding out if someone actually defrauded ODJFS and got
    payment. My wife's record is pretty well embedded in Ohio records via her SS number
    and having a teaching license, which means the employment record with schools is

Oh come on now you do realize you are talking about government agencies. I work for the state of IL and the same agency that processes our paychecks is the exact same agency that processes unemployment payments. You would think that they would have something in place that would at least raise a red flag if someone is getting both a paycheck and an unemployment check, but noooooooooooooooooo.

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185

From what I've heard about Ohio unemployment, you'll be lucky to ever get a reply from them. :(

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,948
    After thinking about it for 5 mins, I decided my solo trip to Myrtle would not be much fun in the car, so I booked a flight. $76 round trip! wow. The real painful part? Renting a car. I first found an older Caravan on Turo for about $320 for the week. By the time I registered and checked out, it was gone. Ugh. Back up and find ... a Fiat 500. Yeah, it will be tight for shopping trips while there, but I should be able to manage. Totaled up to $400. But it is a good $150 or so cheaper than anything else. The great part is that it is a manual trans.

Anyway, still under $500 for saving about 20 hours in the car, not to mention the wear and tear and miles.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options

@oldfarmer50 said:
    I just provided tenderloin steaks for a family get together. $30/lb. $250 for about 10 people.

They better be tender at that price. :'(

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    edited September 2021

Oh come on now you do realize you are talking about government agencies. I work for the state of IL and the same agency that processes our paychecks is the exact same agency that processes unemployment payments. You would think that they would have something in place that would at least raise a red flag if someone is getting both a paycheck and an unemployment check, but noooooooooooooooooo.
    Speaking of Govt' agencies, there's one running parking tickets in recreational forest/parks for CA. First they put up tiny signs spread far apart, then they ticket everyone. Then they don't answer the phone for 90 minutes, put the wrong license plate on their website in a trick (or more likely, sheer incompetence) to try and make you pay for a ticket and not get credit for it, then when they fix the error (which takes them over a month) by the time you get your 2nd notice they want extra charges and late fees doubling the fine amount!!!!!

:angry:
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    edited September 2021
    @qbrozen,
    You should have just rented a UHaul truck while you are down there. ;)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options

@qbrozen said:
    After thinking about it for 5 mins, I decided my solo trip to Myrtle would not be much fun in the car, so I booked a flight. $76 round trip! wow. The real painful part? Renting a car. I first found an older Caravan on Turo for about $320 for the week. By the time I registered and checked out, it was gone. Ugh. Back up and find ... a Fiat 500. Yeah, it will be tight for shopping trips while there, but I should be able to manage. Totaled up to $400. But it is a good $150 or so cheaper than anything else. The great part is that it is a manual trans.

Anyway, still under $500 for saving about 20 hours in the car, not to mention the wear and tear and miles.

When my youngest brother went to Myrtle Beach the same week we went in early August, he and his wife got a great price on plane tickets with Spirit Airlines so he jumped on them before the plane was sold out. Like you he was going to get screwed with a rental car (almost 2 grand all in) so he looked some more. Finally, he rented a 2 seater commercial work van (like one of those tall Amazon jobs) from Hertz for a tad over $300 for the week. He had lots of room for grocery shopping.

You would have had a ball with that. Lots of room for picking up stuff at the big box stores for your new beach place.

jmonroe

• Options
    jmonroe1 said:

@oldfarmer50 said:

They better be tender at that price. :'(

jmonroe

Try to get it cheaper without owning the cow. Beef prices have gone through the roof.

• Options

@oldfarmer50 said:
    Try to get it cheaper without owning the cow. Beef prices have gone through the roof.

Tell me about it. All that was needed was that hacking job by the trouble making Russians to drive the price up. We’re going to pay dearly for the ransom that was paid out by that meat packing house more than 2 months ago. There was no way that was coming out of their pocket.

jmonroe

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Inflation is a cruel tax on the people. I recall paying 12 5/8 % for a mortgage on a condo.
    Price increases over the 2 years at Kroger have been strong.

• Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258

@jmonroe1 said:

@abacomike said:

@benjaminh said:

I have 2876 miles on the odometer and the car turns 6 months old on 9/29/21. I take the car in for its first maintenance on 9/28/21 - it’s calibrated for every 6 months or 3000 miles, due to the short driving trips I take and very few highway miles. Maintenance is free for the first 3 years which includes wiper blades, brake discs and pads, oil and filter, all fluids, to name a few. Nice benefit for new car purchasers, if you can find one for sale.

That’s what you get when you buy a wannabe. Don’t take offense, I worked with a guy once who always had to have a car in warranty. He used to say, “I always wanna be covered for engine problems and I always wanna be covered for transmission problems and I always wanna be covered for A/C problems and I always wanna be… “ I’m sure you get the idea since you have a wannabe. ;)

We hope you’re feeling better today.

jmonroe

For me, the G90 is not a wannabe because I’ve owned or leased most of the cars a wannabe strives to be (S450, 740i, Lexus 450). Haven’t owned a A8, but that is not my kinda car.

As for feeling better, a little. Tomorrow is the tell-all day because it will be 48 hours since the procedure. I am able to stand and walk without severe pain and I am 🙏 praying I will have even more relief tomorrow. I had to cancel therapy this morning because I was still woozy from the morphine they gave me IV after the procedure.

It seems the doctor injected strong squirts of saline into my coccyx area to break down scar tissue up the spinal canal. Then several injections of steroids into the L3/L4 space and adjacent foramen structures to reduce swelling and irritation/inflammation. At least that’s what I heard him say while under the influence of morphine.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,557
    when I was moving my daughter up to Boston I looked at rentals (I always go through AAA). the only thing that was not outrageous was the cargo van. I ended up getting a Hertz Transit 250 (LWB and high roof, I could have lived in that thing) for a whopping $52/day, unlimited miles. Picked up Thursday noon, returned Monday at 10:00, after close to 1,000 miles, and the total including extra damage insurance was about $250. A total steal. At the same time, the cheapest car (something like a Fiesta) was something like $125/day.

if I needed a car down here for any reason, I would shoot for the van first even if I had nothing to carry.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,169
    Low rates are the only saving grace in this bizarro economy, and they too are creeping up (I think I read the typical 30 year fixed crossed 3% this week). Local housing is up 100% in the past 5 years alone, and some rents aren't far behind.

Inflation is a cruel tax on the people. I recall paying 12 5/8 % for a mortgage on a condo.
    Price increases over the 2 years at Kroger have been strong.

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095

Friday night is usually single malt scotch night here. I have a pretty good collection of bottles I’ve put away over the last 15 years or so. Tonight I opened one of the best, a Macallan cask strength (58.9%) I bought 15 years ago. You just can’t buy whisky like this these days. I’m told this goes for $700 on the secondary market now, which is at least 10 times what I paid for it. It is incredibly good.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,557
    I am not a scotch fan (my son and BIL are though) but possibly because I have never tried anything that good!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options

@ab348 said:
    Friday night is usually single malt scotch night here. I have a pretty good collection of bottles I’ve put away over the last 15 years or so. Tonight I opened one of the best, a Macallan cask strength (58.9%) I bought 15 years ago. You just can’t buy whisky like this these days. I’m told this goes for $700 on the secondary market now, which is at least 10 times what I paid for it. It is incredibly good.

I think you and @Mike ought to have a drink-off some Friday night. I’ll officiate. I’d like to taste some of the free stuff he’s gotten over the years. I wouldn’t mind sampling some of the stuff you buy too. I’ll do my best to be fair about this but bribing the official is fine with me. ;)

jmonroe

• Options
    mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,279

@abacomike said:

@benjaminh said:

The maintenance is not free. It is prepaid :)

• Options

@imidazol97 said:
    Everything goes wrong...

The continuous glucose monitor is wonderful if working and a PITA if not. I usually have someone with a spare if I have issues thankfully.

• Options
    edited September 2021

@ab348 said:

Peaty or Smokey???

I had a friend give me some Pappy VanWinkle. Have not opened it yet. (I realize that it is not Scotch :) )

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,926

@mjfloyd1 said:

@ab348 said:

Peaty or Smokey???

I had a friend give me some Pappy VanWinkle. Have not opened it yet. (I realize that it is not Scotch :) )

Pappy is tough to find. Heck even Buffalo Trace is, but I got lucky the other day and found a bottle at the rip off store in Wildwood. Overpaid by $8-10 but it was worth it.

I’m more of a bourbon guy, but that Macallan is good stuff.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,948

@jmonroe1 said:

@qbrozen said:

When my youngest brother went to Myrtle Beach the same week we went in early August, he and his wife got a great price on plane tickets with Spirit Airlines so he jumped on them before the plane was sold out. Like you he was going to get screwed with a rental car (almost 2 grand all in) so he looked some more. Finally, he rented a 2 seater commercial work van (like one of those tall Amazon jobs) from Hertz for a tad over $300 for the week. He had lots of room for grocery shopping.

You would have had a ball with that. Lots of room for picking up stuff at the big box stores for your new beach place.

jmonroe

Hey, thanks for the tip!!
    I just scored a Uhaul van for $20/day plus 59 cents a mile! This will cost me about $200 for the week, at most.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    mjfloyd1 said:

Peaty or Smokey???

Macallan is not peaty at all. Not really smokey either. It is a sherried scotch, heavily so in this case. The notes on the box say the flavor is of fruit cake, vanilla and a hint of wood smoke. I got a bit of chocolate/cocoa as well. Needs water to bring those out.

• Options

@jmonroe1 said:

@ab348 said:

I think you and @Mike ought to have a drink-off some Friday night. I’ll officiate. I’d like to taste some of the free stuff he’s gotten over the years. I wouldn’t mind sampling some of the stuff you buy too. I’ll do my best to be fair about this but bribing the official is fine with me. ;)

jmonroe

I did recently receive a 1 L bottle of Gentleman Jack Tennessee Whiskey. I took a few tastes and it seemed a bit smoother than regular Jack Daniels. Supposedly double charcoal filtered. I am not a whiskey lover, but this isn’t too bad. I prefer scotch - single malt.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options

@mjfloyd1 said:

@abacomike said:

@benjaminh said:

According to my New Vehicle Sticker, it states “complimentary maintenance for first 3 years or 36,000 miles”. To me, that’s free maintenance. It says nothing about pre-paid maintenance.

But I question your need to correct my statement mjfloyd1! If someone else or Genesis Division prepaid my maintenance, then is that not free to me - without additional cost? It is included with the car purchase, just like the engine, wheels, etc. There are no options on this car.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    edited September 2021

It is included in the car purchase price. Genesis factored the cost of the prepaid maintenance in when they calculated the MSRP. It is prepaid and included for the price that you paid for the car. You don’t have to pay any EXTRA for it. Sounds like we agree.

My old X3m40i had prepaid maintenance too. It was included in the price of the car. I didn’t pay any EXTRA for it. My Audis don’t include prepaid maintenance. I had to pay EXTRA for it.

Even my two 4xes include the Jeep wave prepaid maintenance for three years of oil changes and tire rotations. I paid for it when I bought the Jeeps. It isn’t free. It was included in the purchase price. It was factored into Jeep’s calculations to determine MSRP.

I assume you have the V8 G90 vs the V6 G90? AWD or RWD?

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,986
    We were very fortunate that the Pre paid maintenance transferred to us when we bought the Q5. We purchased the Q5 at a VW dealer! The dealer didn’t inform us of that. When I took the Q5 in for service they said it was covered until 45k. I did a happy dance. It still had about 2yr/20k remaining. For the previous owner of the car that wasn’t such a good deal for them. I would have thought they would’ve received a pro-rated refund for services not used but Audi states Pre paid stays with the vehicle. The next service will be on me as the Pre paid has been fulfilled. We have had the Q5 26 mo and driven 21k, 47k on the odo. My wife loves it.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options

That’s great @sda, it certainly worked in your favor.

Audi also increases residual by 1% for leases that buy the Audi prepaid maintenance plans.

Audi will refund for unused prepaid maintenance if the car gets totaled. They refunded on the Q7. I don’t know how that would work if you didn’t pay for the prepaid maintenance though.

• Options
    edited September 2021

I think there is some hair-splitting going on in terms of maintenance-included vs prepaid maintenance.

Many of the European makes sell various flavours of prepaid maintenance as an option at the time of new-car purchase, no different than optional wheels or paint protection. Other makes include various level of “free” maintenance with the purchase of a new vehicle. It may be your first oil change, 2 years of scheduled maintenance (I think Buick does this), or as in the case of my Cadillac, 4 years. All of those things cost something of course, either to the manufacturer or the dealer. So does the free coffee and donuts in the service lounge. I doubt you will get a better deal if you vow never to indulge in those. It all comes out of the profit margin. The price of the vehicle is all subject to negotiation. I don’t know how negotiable the M-B or BMW maintenance plans are.

• Options
    edited September 2021

Sounds like a we agree too.

You pay more for a MB / Audi / BMW and get “free” donuts and coffee. Those things, like oil and filters have a cost. Some people are willing to pay the extra dollars to be treated better and some people do not see the value.

Last time that I checked, Audi and MB prepaid maintenance only had a $100 markup. It seemed like BMW had more markup but I honestly don’t recall. I’m glad that I didn’t buy it for the X3m40i that I just got rid of since it would have been wasted money.

• Options

@mjfloyd1 said:

You pay more for a MB / Audi / BMW and get “free” donuts and coffee. Those things, like oil and filters have a cost. Some people are willing to pay the extra dollars to be treated better and some people do not see the value.

Since I am a diabetic, free donuts and bagels are of no benefit to me. The free coffee is nice, but with Genesis, I’m lucky I have maintenance included because they don’t serve anything except free coffee which tastes awful.

BTW, wheel alignment is included once each year as are wiper blades and discs and pads. Another nice add-on.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    edited September 2021

@sda you can buy more prepaid maintenance plans from your Audi dealer for the upcoming services. I believe they are sold in sets of two upcoming services IIRC

• Options
    edited September 2021

@mjfloyd1 said:
    It is included in the car purchase price. Genesis factored the cost of the prepaid maintenance in when they calculated the MSRP. It is prepaid and included for the price that you paid for the car. You don’t have to pay any EXTRA for it. Sounds like we agree.

My old X3m40i had prepaid maintenance too. It was included in the price of the car. I didn’t pay any EXTRA for it. My Audis don’t include prepaid maintenance. I had to pay EXTRA for it.

Even my two 4xes include the Jeep wave prepaid maintenance for three years of oil changes and tire rotations. I paid for it when I bought the Jeeps. It isn’t free. It was included in the purchase price. It was factored into Jeep’s calculations to determine MSRP.

I assume you have the V8 G90 vs the V6 G90? AWD or RWD?

I have the 3.3 L V6 twin turbo @365 hp and 375 lb ft of torque with RWD. According to all the reviews, the V6 was the best choice for power (0-60 times are identical) and fuel economy, not to mention MSRP of of about $3000 less.

I bought the car for $69,550 + fees, tax and registration/title. My trade was valued at $56,000, so my tax liability was only about $890. I got it financed through Genesis at 1.9% for 60 months.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    edited September 2021

Are those really wire wheels or are they kinda like the old BBS “weave” wheels?

V6TT seems to have a nice wide torque curve too.

• Options

@mjfloyd1 said:
    Are those really wire wheels or are they kinda like the old BBS “weave” wheels?

It’s called “multi-spoke wheel” which is not really spokes, but looks like spokes from the distance. I did not like the standard wheels in “option group 1” - these multi-spoke wheels are on the “option group 2” vehicle.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,986
    mjfloyd1 said:

@sda you can buy more prepaid maintenance plans from your Audi dealer for the upcoming services. I believe they are sold in sets of two upcoming services IIRC

I think because of the age of the Q5 it doesn’t qualify. I will ask. Thanks for the reminder.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options

May be cheaper to just use an independent shop too??

• Options

@mjfloyd1 said:

@abacomike said:

@benjaminh said:

According to my New Vehicle Sticker, it states “complimentary maintenance for first 3 years or 36,000 miles”. To me, that’s free maintenance. It says nothing about pre-paid maintenance.

But I question your need to correct my statement mjfloyd1! If someone else or Genesis Division prepaid my maintenance, then is that not free to me - without additional cost? It is included with the car purchase, just like the engine, wheels, etc. There are no options on this car.

It's not truly free as you pay for it, it's just buried in the cost of the car. You can bet your bottom dollar that they raised the price or cut costs somewhere.

• Options

Well it's National One Hit Wonder day. So turn up your stereos and play that funky music.

• Options
    mjfloyd1 said:

Locally the Toyota dealer always has free coffee and snacks. The GM dealer I used to use for service always had food of some sort in the showroom (often pizza) and on Saturdays they used to do a free BBQ lunch outside in the summertime for anyone who showed up. They clearly considered it a cost of doing business in order to build goodwill and some sort of loyalty. Was that reflected in the prices they charged for vehicles? If it was, I didn't see it.

• Options
    edited September 2021

They can afford those “freebies” because they are making a profit which is a reflection probably more so from profits off of used vehicles and service (vs new car prices depending on the dealership and their new car pricing structure). Profits certainly can be spent as they see fit. Maybe that’s what they spend money on from charging absurd documentation fees :)

• Options
    @abacomike
    I'm glad to read that the injections and the prep work are having an effect now
    and your pain is being attenuated.

• Options
    Nothing is free with reference to the included maintenance. When i bought the Malibu in '14
    and the Cruze in '15 both had 4 oil changes within two years as part of the purchase. The Cruze
    had it as a CPO warranty. It was under a year old.

That included tire rotations, as well, on both vehicles.

My Chevy store never had bagels and cream cheese or donuts or anything. They did smile a
    lot although a year or so ago I was insulted by the new car sales manager in that a Colorado and
    Silverado on the showroom floor looked a whole lot the same. His response was to make me
    feel ignorant for not realizing the difference in the vehicles. They still looked a lot the same to me especially from the "rear"-end view.

• Options

@abacomike said:

@mjfloyd1 said:

Since I am a diabetic, free donuts and bagels are of no benefit to me. The free coffee is nice, but with Genesis, I’m lucky I have maintenance included because they don’t serve anything except free coffee which tastes awful.

BTW, wheel alignment is included once each year as are wiper blades and discs and pads. Another nice add-on.

I have carbohydrate intolerance as well. Doesn’t that sound more pleasant than Diabetes? :)

The CalorieKing app is good for carb counting