Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,317
    Everything always seems to take longer than you plan for.
    I decided to freshen up some of the walls in the garage.
    After 23+ years some were pretty dirty.
    Put some Kilz on a few walls but they didn't look that great, so I put on another coat.
    Once the 2nd coat dried, I realized that Kilz doesn't act like paint, it dries somewhat transparent.
    Even after that, it took 2 coats of primer to make the color on the walls even.
    Plus, I learned the garage is almost 10 1/2 feet high.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258

@imidazol97 said:
    @abacomike
    I'm glad to read that the injections and the prep work are having an effect now
    and your pain is being attenuated.

Actually, I am having more discomfort today than I did yesterday. I don’t think this is going to work for me, I’m sorry to say. Next step is probably going back to the neurosurgeon according to my primary care physician.

I go back to see the pain doctor on October 12th, if I can make it that far.

2021 Genesis G90

• carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    edited September 2021
    @abacomike, sorry to hear you haven’t gotten pain relief. Don’t remember, have you considered less conventional treatments such as accupuncture?

@carnaught said:
    @abacomike, sorry to hear you haven’t gotten pain relief. Don’t remember, have you considered less conventional treatments such as accupuncture?

My therapist uses electrical acupuncture along the scar down my back from the fusion done in 1980 and the laminectomy done in 1994. It does help, carnaught. He also using cupping to reduce scarring.

I have therapy three times a week.

2021 Genesis G90

• mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,278
    edited September 2021

A spinal cord stimulator is another option for failed back syndrome. There is no right or wrong answer. There is only the answer that you are comfortable with.

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    I have a spinal cord stimulator implanted in my lower back. Had it put in back in January of 2006. Worked o k in the beginning but haven't used it in like 5 years now. At this point in my life, I'm surviving on opiads and my cane to get around. Have good days and bad days to be honest and just deal with it all. Don't push myself & the family knows to just let me be when I'm feeling bad. One must make lemonade out of lemons sometimes!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,920

@explorerx4 said:
    Put some Kilz on a few walls but they didn't look that great, so I put on another coat.
    Once the 2nd coat dried, I realized that Kilz doesn't act like paint, it dries somewhat transparent.

Over the winter or probably in the spring I have to show our garage some love. House is only three years old but it is so dusty out there between the bare concrete and unpainted drywall.

I’m thinking about painting the walls and getting that Rustoleum Epoxy floor paint. I also think I’ll get get rid of the workbench that is basically a junk collector and get some nice cabinets to hide the stuff.

Anyone here ever do the epoxy? It’s looks pretty straightforward in the videos.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,876
    tjc78 said:

@explorerx4 said:

Over the winter or probably in the spring I have to show our garage some love. House is only three years old but it is so dusty out there between the bare concrete and unpainted drywall.

I’m thinking about painting the walls and getting that Rustoleum Epoxy floor paint. I also think I’ll get get rid of the workbench that is basically a junk collector and get some nice cabinets to hide the stuff.

Anyone here ever do the epoxy? It’s looks pretty straightforward in the videos.

I painted the floors in a building for our Miracle League field with an epoxy paint of some kind. I don't remember the brand, but pretty sure we got it at Sherwin Williams. It was new concrete so there wasn't much preparation needed other than making sure it was clean.

We just added the catalyst and some silica sand and made sure it was kept stirred up while applying.

It's been down for about 14 years now and there are no failures.

I seem to remember something about hot tires sitting on it (hot tire pickup), but we don't have that. It's a concession stand with restrooms.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

I don't think I've seen a Tundra in that color before.

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976
    @explorerx4 The more important question is......how in the h--- did that happen?

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,664
    driver100 said:

@explorerx4 The more important question is......how in the h--- did that happen?

That looks like a CT plate so maybe explorerx4 was out for a test drive. B)

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

I went to one of the local places to pick up some salads for dinner last evening and this was in the parking lot. I don't know if I would have left it parked like that for very long, but it was there when I went in and was still there when I left.

I usually try to go a little slower when backing out of my living room.

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,984
    venture said:

I went to one of the local places to pick up some salads for dinner last evening and this was in the parking lot. I don't know if I would have left it parked like that for very long, but it was there when I went in and was still there when I left.

What did the blue Corvair in the bottom left of the picture look like?

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,151
    venture said:

I've heard of tailgate delivery on certain items. It looks like the box in the bed
    of the tundra was dumped out of the tailgate of the car on top.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

edited September 2021
    Happened in Connecticut (?). Is that a Jeep?

Is anyone surprised alcohol was involved? LOL

Bet you can't clear the bed of that truck?
    "Hold my beer."

https://turnto10.com/news/local/car-crashes-into-second-floor-of-norwich-home

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    I think they moved the truck underneath there, after the incident. To keep the SUV from falling on someone.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,328
    kyfdx said:

I think they moved the truck underneath there, after the incident. To keep the SUV from falling on someone.

I don't think so. It looks like the SUV settled on top and the truck was already there. Yo can keep the SUV from falling on someone by keeping people away from the scene. Also they have poles supporting the SUV then they likely had additional poles to add additional support, so no need to put the truck there.

Finally would you use your truck for such a thing?

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

sda said:

venture said:

What did the blue Corvair in the bottom left of the picture look like?
    I think that was Chevelle.

edited September 2021

I’m following behind @28firefighter (again) and just got third (booster) dose of Pfizer Covid vaccine

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,559

@explorerx4 said:

That was a color change caused by fright when the Tundra saw what was bearing down on it. :'(

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,664
    mjfloyd1 said:

I’m following behind @28firefighter (again) and just got third (booster) dose of Pfizer Covid vaccine

That’s the Pfizer vaccine, right? Is the booster necessary because it was originally a one shot deal? I think the Moderna two shot gave 90%+ protection but the Pfizer was less effective. Am I getting that right?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

edited September 2021
    Pfizer was two shots (only Johnson and Johnson in the US was one shot).. This was my third vaccination (Pfizer)as I am a healthcare "provider" and carbohydrate intolerant (diabetes) and cancer history. I only needed one of those three to qualify for my Pfizer booster. I'm 8.5 months out from my second Pfizer shot

Moderna has two shots as well.. No Moderna booster yet...

I had my Pfizer booster shot 2-1/2 weeks ago along with my flu shot. It was 8-1/2 months after my second Pfizer vaccine shot.

I had a script from my primary care physician for the booster shot but the pharmacy said all I had to do was fill out a form checking boxes with reasons I was requesting the booster. I qualified based on immune system problems, cancer, diabetes, COPD, etc.

I am surprised there is a hold up on Moderna. I realize data and statistical analyses are needed first, but if we are ever going to get ahead of this pandemic, we need to move this along a little faster.

2021 Genesis G90

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Had my third Pfizer shot today, had my second one on 3/11/21. Being 66, I qualified it seems. So, why not just do it?

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

I got my 3rd Moderna shot a couple of weeks ago(?)
    edited September 2021

That’s odd. Moderna and J&J not yet approved for booster. Even the pharmacist who had gotten Moderna was waiting until the booster was approved.

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/26/1040756520/people-who-received-moderna-or-j-j-vaccines-await-news-on-boosters

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,544
    they still need to go through all the testing protocols and data analysis and review. They are certainly doing it as fast as possible but they can't cut corners. So it will take as long as it takes. Better that than not being sure. It worked fine with the 1st round of approvals, since it was a smashing success and very safe and effective.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

It’s odd that he has gotten a third dose of Moderna when Moderna is not approved for a third dose…

mjfloyd1 said:

It’s odd that he has gotten a third dose of Moderna when Moderna is not approved for a third dose…

Maybe he is a tester guy.

I heard a guy complaining because he was a tester but now he has no proof whether he actually got the shot. He doesn't know if he got the real one or the placebo one, so they won't give him a certificate!

It must take a fair amount of speed and some object that acts like a ramp to put a car into the 2nd floor of a house!

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,090
    mjfloyd1 said:

Here in Canada the initial rollout of vaccines included Pfizer, Moderna and AstraZeneca. We were taking what we could get because supplies of the first two were being used in the USA. So my first shot was AZ, my second was Moderna. TPTB have not yet approved 3rd shots here, but when they do I will definitely get one.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

@driver100 said:
    It must take a fair amount of speed and some object that acts like a ramp to put a car into the 2nd floor of a house!

Maybe the SUV driver was that night’s gravity tester guy/gal :)

Thankfully the gravity was still on and they didn’t launch into orbit :)

mjfloyd1 said:

@driver100 said:

Maybe the SUV driver was that night’s gravity tester guy/gal :)

Thankfully the gravity was still on and they didn’t launch into orbit :)

I don’t know about you guys but I’d like to see the expression, just once, on the face of these folks as they are putting their cars in these precarious maneuvers.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
    I got an email saying I could schedule my 3rd shot and did it through MyChartPlus.

I would hope that a healthcare system would know that only Pfizer is approved for a booster. I guess you are the beta tester

So far, so good. :D

@ab348 said:
    Here in Canada the initial rollout of vaccines included Pfizer, Moderna and AstraZeneca. We were taking what we could get because supplies of the first two were being used in the USA. So my first shot was AZ, my second was Moderna. TPTB have not yet approved 3rd shots here, but when they do I will definitely get one.

I was under the impression that mixing vaccines (AZ, Pfizer and or Moderna) for 1st, 2nd and 3rd shots was not allowed. If you took Moderna or Pfizer or AZ for your 1st shot, you had to take the same branded vaccine for all subsequent shots.

Am I confused or just plain wrong? 🤪😜

2021 Genesis G90

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,544
    That was the plan. Not sure though between Pfizer and Moderna how much it matters. I think it may just reduce effectiveness, but won’t hurt you.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

So far, so good. :D

How would we know, you’ve always been like this. :s

jmonroe
    abacomike said:

@ab348 said:

I was under the impression that mixing vaccines (AZ, Pfizer and or Moderna) for 1st, 2nd and 3rd shots was not allowed. If you took Moderna or Pfizer or AZ for your 1st shot, you had to take the same branded vaccine for all subsequent shots.

Well, ahh, hmm, you know what they say about folks who ask that question. :(

jmonroe
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,090
    abacomike said:

@ab348 said:

Like so many things about the pandemic response, what is factual depends upon who is speaking. Here in Canada the provincial (i.e. state) Chief Public Health officers were in charge of making decisions about vaccines in each province, in consultation with the feds. Because supplies of Pfizer and Moderna vaccines were restricted in the first half of the year, vaccines were doled out according to age in most places, with the oldest citizens having first access. That meant to initial vaccine rates remained very low. A large supply of AZ vaccine became available in the spring, and then other age groups were able to access that. Shortly thereafter there were stories out of Europe (mostly) about side effects from AZ, and they slowed or stopped its use for a while. Luckily though, Pfizer and Moderna vaccines became available more broadly and those became the two go-to types. The CPH here said they could be used interchangeably and that is what has been done. I expect that when they finally approve 3rd shots that I will get another Moderna.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

@ab348 said:
    Like so many things about the pandemic response, what is factual depends upon who is speaking. Here in Canada the provincial (i.e. state) Chief Public Health officers were in charge of making decisions about vaccines in each province, in consultation with the feds. Because supplies of Pfizer and Moderna vaccines were restricted in the first half of the year, vaccines were doled out according to age in most places, with the oldest citizens having first access. That meant to initial vaccine rates remained very low. A large supply of AZ vaccine became available in the spring, and then other age groups were able to access that. Shortly thereafter there were stories out of Europe (mostly) about side effects from AZ, and they slowed or stopped its use for a while. Luckily though, Pfizer and Moderna vaccines became available more broadly and those became the two go-to types. The CPH here said they could be used interchangeably and that is what has been done. I expect that when they finally approve 3rd shots that I will get another Moderna.

Thanks, ab! Down here in the States, if you had the Pfizer first, you had to stay with Pfizer. Same is true with Moderna. Same for 3rd booster shots.

2021 Genesis G90

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    https://jalopnik.com/tesla-sues-for-defamation-over-social-media-posts-1847750963

Getting back to cars instead of the pandemic, how do you all feel about Tesla's seemingly authoritarian approach to customer service.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,328

@andres3 said:
    https://jalopnik.com/tesla-sues-for-defamation-over-social-media-posts-1847750963

Getting back to cars instead of the pandemic, how do you all feel about Tesla's seemingly authoritarian approach to customer service.

Not the first company to sue over a social media post or online review, won't be the last. Business as usual.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

andres3 said:

Shameful.

@andres3 said:

“Authoritarian” might not be an appropriate terminology for what I think you are describing.

2021 Genesis G90

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,356

@andres3 said:

Not the first company to sue over a social media post or online review, won't be the last. Business as usual.

I recall a VW dealer sued a customer for slander because he described the dealer's incompetent antics in vivid detail on a VW forum. It stirred up something of a furor and the dealer eventually backed off, claiming it was a "mistake."
    Right.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,165
    I'd expect nothing less from something connected to Elon Musk.
    andres3 said:

• dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,165
    andres3 said:

Shamelessness has no bounds. Seems like it became a virtue these days.

2018 430i Gran Coupe