Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,092
    Those Subarus are here too (along with more than a few CO transplants). I think I see it mostly on Foresters. The roof racks amuse me most, as they are on year-round and never contain anything. Weird how the overlanding thing became such a lifestyle accessory. No point in being outdoorsy if you can't show it off!
    Michaell said:

fintail said:

I had to drive the fintail through a small gravel patch in a construction zone last weekend - probably as off-road as many 4x4s see. I bet CO office parks are even more amusing than Seattle for the amount of decked out off-roaders slumbering there.

Michaell said:

fintail said:

In their natural habitat - the suburbs B)

Still haven't seen one yet. I did have a facelift E-class behind me in traffic today, I initially thought it was an A-class - using the same light design across many models is dumb IMO.

Well, I don't get the Outback off tarmac all that much, either, and I know of no Chick-Fil-A's that need to be accessed via a dirt road.
    Yep, and bro-dozers too.

The latest trend are jacked up Subarus with big knobbly off-road tires on them, an industrial-strength roof rack and a row of HID lights either across the bumper or above the windshield.
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,027
    Funny but the comments above made me recall riding with my Dad sometimes in the 1960s when I was a little kid. He was a real estate agent and often had to visit new subdivisions while they were under construction or sometimes when the road was just roughly bulldozed open without any roadwork yet started if he was selling the lots. His mid-60s Pontiacs and Oldsmobiles would creep along slowly over ruts and rocks, through craters, and through mud. That's with bias-ply summer tires usually. Don't recall us ever getting stuck too badly.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    Saw a new discovery today like that. Big overland style roof basket with ladder, full size tire up there (must be fun getting that down). And some plastic stuff hanging on the sides. All ready for that safari to Costco!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• boomchekboomchek Member Posts: 5,516
    So apparently this is a spy pic of the new Integra. Although it's wrapped in camo, it looks a bit generic with the typical Acura grille that I'm not a huge fan of.

This is a rendering found online, now this is what it SHOULD look like. I guess we will wait and see.

2016 Audi A7 3.0T S Line, 2021 Subaru WRX

was behind a pathfinder yesterday. Doesn't look bad overall. But has huge font letters across the back spelling out pathfinder.

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,849

@stickguy said:
    was behind a pathfinder yesterday. Doesn't look bad overall. But has huge font letters across the back spelling out pathfinder.

That’s Nissan’s new thing. The Rogue has it too.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,934
    tjc78 said:

@stickguy said:

That’s Nissan’s new thing. The Rogue has it too.

That seems to be a trend. VW is doing it too though the font is not as large.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    Noticed my first 2021 Elantra yesterday. Looks like they've sadly ripped off Toyota this time around. Terribly overstyled with angles everywhere.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,684
    At a stop sign, pulled up behind an Audi RS7 in a cool grey color. Kinda made my A7e look no muy macho.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,250
    When I was in the Cleveland area a couple of weeks ago, I saw quite a few A7/RS7's.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    While watching the Mecum auction the other night, saw a couple of 1967 Pontiac GTO's that just blew me away. They had this one maroon convertible with a black top that was an awesome combination...just awesome! Was an auto tranny as I recall, the perfect mid 60's vehicle. As for the perfect mid to late 50's one, either a 1957 or 1958 Pontiac Bonneville...both just stunning in either drop top or hard top! Ahhhh, to be able to have the resources to own & operate such Detroit iron would just be a dream come true. It would surely be the perfect world to own a few of these for everyday enjoyment!!!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

did not mention here, but I saw and drove a new Maverick last week. Pretty impressive vehicle. assuming they can get them made should sell like hotcakes, especially once the Hybrid starts getting out there.

edited November 2021
    In traffic today I encountered a lady driving a Mustang Mach E. When I saw it I realized I had seen them previously around here but they were so anonymous-looking that I just assumed they were another Ford CUV/SUV offering and didn't given them a second look. I got behind this one and that was when the light bulb went off. It was an blah dark gray metallic with black wheels so that didn't help. Too bad Ford didn't give it jazzier looks.

In contrast, I'm seeing new Broncos quite often, which do stand out. I think most of what I'm seeing are the regular Bronco and not the Escape-based Sport, since these ones seem on the large side. All driven by women so far, FWIW.

I've seen several Mach E in Spokane, which somehow surprises me, but at the same time, most houses here seem to have a garage. I don't think I have seen a new big Bronco yet, which surprises me more as every third vehicle on the road here is a Toyota 4x4 with some kind of overland bric a brac. I have seen a number of Bronco Sports, local rental fleets even had/have them.
    I have seen a few Broncos on the road, and the dealer I saw the Maverick at had quite a few broncos on the lot or in the showroom.

Local dealer has a W223 S-class on display. No sticker, not listed in inventory, doesn't appear to be entirely loaded (no HUD anyway, may just be a chip/supply chain thing or not):

Oddly also had one of these new Mokes on display, I think these are EVs:

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,934
    edited November 2021
    fintail said:

Local dealer has a W223 S-class on display. No sticker, not listed in inventory, doesn't appear to be entirely loaded (no HUD anyway, may just be a chip/supply chain thing or not):

With the ongoing and uncertain status of new inventory are you leaning towards buying your MB at lease end? You have such a unique and desirable car.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

Likely, yeah. I suspect in March market value will still be 10K over residual, not a lot else out there I want that I can afford, etc. With a house tugging at my wallet, even something as expensive as the used wagon seems dear, but I should be able to make it work, worst case I can sell it and make several grand even after tax.

The car is in for snow wheel change-off today, guy in the service department who took my keys oohed and aahed over it, as he hadn't seen a similar car before.
    sda said:

fintail said:

With the ongoing and uncertain status of new inventory are you leaning towards buying your MB at lease end? You have such a unique and desirable car.
    edited December 2021
    Not new-new, but a sighting at work. A row of maybe 6-8 EV chargers were just installed. Today at one of them was a Citroen-esque Honda Clarity.
    Didn't get a picture of the first one I saw but got this one.

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,685
    Saw my first Charger with the 'widebody' option (big fender flares), could have been a 'Scat Pack' with the 392 Hemi, 485 hp, or the SRT Hellcat with 707 hp. It must have been 'wrapped', in a matte olive color. Don't know how much exercise that engine gets around here.
    Saw one of the big kind of plain looking Jeeps.
    Today spotted a new Grand Cherokee and although not new, was pleased to see a late model E63 wagon cutting through the slush.

Dark red wagoneer. Imposing beast. Did not like the angle cut on Rear side window.

• tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,591

They just need to own it.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,685

Not a fan of the overbite grill.

But you like the fake wood grain side paneling?

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    I think of Lincoln when I see that.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx said:

? I didn’t think any customer models were produced yet.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

edited December 2021
    Looks like the Launch green color.

qbrozen said:

@kyfdx said:

? I didn’t think any customer models were produced yet.

My wife just sent me that picture from Kroger's parking lot

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I can't make out the state on that temporary tag.
    It doesn't look like OH or KY.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

They had delivered 156 R1T trucks through October. Add two more months and there are probably a few hundred tooling around the US at the moment.

• jpp75jpp75 Member Posts: 1,535
    tifighter said:

They had delivered 156 R1T trucks through October. Add two more months and there are probably a few hundred tooling around the US at the moment.

In their last earnings call they said they expected to fall "several hundred units short" of their goal to deliver 1,200 trucks by year end.
    one for QB today. on a flatbed up by Albany, 3 sprinter coach conversion vans. Hightop roof. Actually looked pretty sharp with the dark tint windows and all.

But, must have zero rear visibility outside of the side mirrors, and that is a lot of van to look down with those. Like driving a Ryder truck.

Still not sure I could get used to everybody assuming I was a limo driver with a van full of a bachelorette party. But could be a good side hustle when the wife isn't using the van Plus a great way to meet women!

jpp75 said:

tifighter said:

In their last earnings call they said they expected to fall "several hundred units short" of their goal to deliver 1,200 trucks by year end.
    I'll assume you too got the email from Rivian this morning?

tifighter said:

jpp75 said:

tifighter said:

Actually I pre-ordered early enough that I got an e-mail last month, originally I was supposed to have the R1T by now but the latest date they gave is July 2022.
    jpp75 said:

tifighter said:

jpp75 said:

tifighter said:

Actually I pre-ordered early enough that I got an e-mail last month, originally I was supposed to have the R1T by now but the latest date they gave is July 2022.
    Nice. You are a good six months ahead of me. R1S Adventure...

tifighter said:

jpp75 said:

tifighter said:

jpp75 said:

tifighter said:

If it matters, my wife thought the Rivian was pretty cool. :D

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

tifighter said:

jpp75 said:

tifighter said:

jpp75 said:

tifighter said:

I've gone back and forth between the R1S and R1T but after having the Tacoma for a couple of years I think the R1S suits my needs better.

However I'm still not convinced I want to go back to an EV as my only car. I made the Tesla Model3 work for a year and 10k miles without any "range anxiety" but after putting 10k miles on the Defender in less than 6 months it's clear I'd have to sacrifice a good bit by going back to an EV. It's nice being able to go wherever, whenever without having to think about charging. With an ICE it's much easier to take the long way home on a whim, see where this road goes, or visit a remote area without much planning.

While the EV infrastructure is improving rapidly it's likely at least a couple of years away from allowing me to keep my current driving habits without sacrifice.

And wouldn’t you know, just after this discussion, I saw my first Rivian in the wild yesterday while driving over Stevens Pass. Also in Launch green, with cross bars over the bed. Guess they’re filtering out there.

I saw a video where it said Rivian delivered just over 350 for the year.
    a new Maverick. In my garage!

Dealer actually had 5 in the front lot when we got there. One belonged to somebody (Probably an employee) since it had an EZ pass and stuff in it. Another one parked next to mine got delivered at the same time. The other 2 were spoken for just waiting to be collected.

this dealer is one of the top sellers. I mentioned it to the salesguy and he said they have sold cars to people all over the country because they were selling so cheap on their internet program for orders. Definitely worked to get volume.

I guess the schools are paying the upper elementary school teachers pretty well.

The parking lots at our local schools are ridiculous. But I know the payscale and it ain't that. I assume many are local spouses of CEOs and retired pro athletes. ;)

When my son was in HS one girl (student) used to drive her dads Lamborghini. At least I hope it wasn’t her.

Student parking often had much nicer cars in it than teachers.

When I a teen in the early/mid 90s, my brother had a teacher who had a then-new Alfa 164 - and a Ferrari 512BBi. Quite the exotica in a small town. Came from money, I think.

When I was in middle school, I had a very nice teacher who had a lovely not too old 300CD, traded it in on a new 190E 2.6 - husband was a lawyer.

To be fair, the Audi could be several years old - but in today's world, still selling for 80% of MSRP.

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,849

I’ve probably mentioned it before but my 8th grade English teacher had a white first gen SHO. I remember talking to him about it. It was the nicest teacher car in the parking lot.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    edited January 2022
    I saw a Rav4 Prime XSE today at Chick Fil A. It says Plug in hybrid on side behind front wheel. Canonball red with black metallic roof.
    Bright. Looked brand new.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,