Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Help! What classic car is this grill from?

2»

Comments

• Options
    StojamerStojamer Member Posts: 3
    Thanks again Fintail!!
  • Options
    MikePoisMikePois Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone help with identifying this grille?

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,169
    I am reasonably certain that's a 1941 Lincoln.
  • Options
    MikePoisMikePois Member Posts: 2
    thank you
  • Options
    DodgerfrogDodgerfrog Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2023

Does anyone know for sure what type of car this is?
    Unusual top trim design on the radiator.

I believe possibly a 1927 REO Flying Cloud?

Thank you

• Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    edited October 2023
    I think you're right, radiator shell matches this one:

• Options
    StacyLaneStacyLane Member Posts: 1
    I have these 2 grills and need help identifying them. They were found in a garage with a ton of Oldsmobile parts and dealership advertisements. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,796
    I would say those are from late 1950s Nash Metropolitan.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    edited December 2023
    Bingo! Google that, pictures just like them pop up.

My first guess was a TR-3, but the proportions are wrong.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    texases said:

My first guess was a TR-3, but the proportions are wrong.

Yeah, the proximity to Oldsmobile threw me for a little bit, and i thought maybe it was something very obscure Olds, but the shape just seemed all wrong for anything in that lineage. It felt brit, like Triumph or Austin-Healey, but I wasn't having any luck their, either, as this one is more like the shape and/or simple design of the those marques, without the overall flair. This exercise was just a reminder that cross-make similarities isn't only a modern thing. :)

Kudos to @StacyLane for the excellent photos!
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    EfrainCookeEfrainCooke Member Posts: 25
    Do you guys have any more pictures? This game is really interesting, it reminds me of the old times when I was young and my grandpa used to take me to his garage and show me different parts of old cars which he had in there.
  • Options
    For this particular thread, there's very little activity except when someone comes in with a legitimate inquiry. However, there is the Mystery Car Pix thread, where folks regularly post photos of individual vehicles or historical place photos with many vehicles present. We identify, discuss, and reminisce about them in response....