Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,345
    jmonroe1 said:

@explorerx4 said:
    @michaell,

I thought so too, but my kids ordered there today. When I went to order, my wife had beat me to it too,

Got forwarded an article from Detroit Free Press that it started a day early.

Damn, I hope they don’t run out.

jmonroe

You can have mine; I could not care less...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,299
    @roadburner,
    Send it to an 'at risk' person you know. They will appreciate it.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • carolinatcarolinat Member Posts: 4

@explorerx4 said:
    @roadburner,
    Send it to an 'at risk' person you know. They will appreciate it.

I can think of at least a couple of “at risk “ defendants that I wish would catch it.

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258

@explorerx4 said:
    Hope everyone is ordering their free covid tests: covidtests.gov

Just got off the site and ordered the tests.

2021 Genesis G90

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,539

@roadburner said:

Now that’s what I call a REAL poster buddy. B)

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Michaell said:

I just placed my order

Pretty quick and easy…took maybe 1 minute to order. We’ll see how long it takes to deliver them.

I think to mitigate what will turn out to be high demand, they started taking orders for the COVID test kits a day early.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,694

Michaell said:

I just placed my order

Pretty quick and easy…took maybe 1 minute to order. We’ll see how long it takes to deliver them.

I think to mitigate what will turn out to be high demand, they started taking orders for the COVID test kits a day early.
    I think it was to give them a day to troubleshoot, in case there were issues.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited January 2022
    Packing for Nashville. Wish me luck. I hope to bring back a winner for the great citizens of Ohio, Ky, W VA and Eastern IN. I even snagged reservations at Jeff Ruby’s Steak House for Friday night.

Packing for Nashville. Wish me luck. I hope to bring back a winner for the great citizens of Ohio, Ky and even Eastern IN. I even snagged reservations at Jeff Ruby’s Steak House.

Nice! We ate at Ruby's in Cincinnati for my wife's birthday, last month. I wish I was going. :(

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,507
    Bengals playing the titans?

I’ve never been to Nashville but it’s on my short list of places to get to soon.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327

jmonroe1 said:

@explorerx4 said:
    @michaell,

I thought so too, but my kids ordered there today. When I went to order, my wife had beat me to it too,

Got forwarded an article from Detroit Free Press that it started a day early.

Damn, I hope they don’t run out.

jmonroe

Ditto.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

@kyfdx said:
    I think it was to give them a day to troubleshoot, in case there were issues.

Yes, it was reported on the news that the site was being Beta-tested yesterday and assuming everything worked out as planned, the site would open up for business today, 1/19.

2021 Genesis G90

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,644

Michaell said:

I just placed my order

I wonder what will arrive first, an ordered test or an ordered new car?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,930
    Wonder what I can flip my tests for

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

I’m surprised you haven’t tried to flip your kids yet!

Unless you have…

kyfdx said:

Packing for Nashville. Wish me luck. I hope to bring back a winner for the great citizens of Ohio, Ky and even Eastern IN. I even snagged reservations at Jeff Ruby’s Steak House.

Nice! We ate at Ruby's in Cincinnati for my wife's birthday, last month. I wish I was going. :(
    There’s about 8 of us caravanning to Nashville. Staying at the Downtown Hampton. Not exactly sure where it is, but downtown Nashville is pretty concentrated. So, assuming it’s not too far from the stadium. Cool city. From what I heard, Ruby’s was supposed to close for renovations, but once word was out of the Bengals coming to Nashville, they postponed the renovations and decided to stay open through the weekend.

Tix are in short supply, but I’m sure there will be scalpers you can buy from. Come join us!!!!!!!!

stickguy said:

Bengals playing the titans?

I’ve never been to Nashville but it’s on my short list of places to get to soon.

Love the city. One of my favorite trips is to drive along the Bourbon Trail, stop at the Corvette Museum, and land in Nashville.

Michaell said:

I just placed my order

I wonder what will arrive first, an ordered test or an ordered new car?
    Funny you say that, the GF said last night she hoped they arrived before she has to get in swimsuit shape. Not sure why it would make a difference, but I nodded in agreement with her. I find it best not to ask her questions given I’d be afraid of her answers. ;)
    qbrozen said:

At this stage…probably an Escalade! ;)
    qbrozen said:

You joke but I guarantee there will be thousands of them for sale on EBay by next week.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

They go for about $10 each at the store. So I’m sure some entrepreneurs will be selling them.

stickguy said:

They go for about $10 each at the store. So I’m sure some entrepreneurs will be selling them.

$23.99 for a 2-pack at Walgreens, recently

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@graphicguy We stayed at the Homewood Suites downtown on our last trip. Can't be more than a 2 mile walk to the stadium, from anywhere Downtown.

Most of the places I like in Nashville are away from Downtown/Broadway. My sister lives near there, and I was born there.

I've never been much for traveling to see the Bengals on the road. I'm more of a baseball fan, when it comes to traveling to see other stadiums.

I'll look for you. Will you be wearing orange or black? :D

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

stickguy said:

I’m surprised you haven’t tried to flip your kids yet!

Unless you have…

The loss would be too great. Better off just running them into the ground. Would get more parting them out after that.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

I think he'll be doing his Ryan Fitzpatrick impression.
  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,975

Packing for Nashville. Wish me luck. I hope to bring back a winner for the great citizens of Ohio, Ky, W VA and Eastern IN. I even snagged reservations at Jeff Ruby’s Steak House for Friday night.

Try to see The Grand Ole Opry in Opryland, whether you like Country music or not. They are great performers and the audience is the warmest and friendliest and loyalist. Walk around the mall with rain forests and waterfalls etc. Makes for a great outing..

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

edited January 2022
    kyfdx said:

@graphicguy We stayed at the Homewood Suites downtown on our last trip. Can't be more than a 2 mile walk to the stadium, from anywhere Downtown.

Most of the places I like in Nashville are away from Downtown/Broadway. My sister lives near there, and I was born there.

I've never been much for traveling to see the Bengals on the road. I'm more of a baseball fan, when it comes to traveling to see other stadiums.

I'll look for you. Will you be wearing orange or black? :D

Orange and Black together. I’ll be wearing a Boomer Esiason jersey. Look for me. Should be quite easy to spot. LOL!
    driver100 said:

Try to see The Grand Ole Opry in Opryland, whether you like Country music or not. They are great performers and the audience is the warmest and friendliest and loyalist. Walk around the mall with rain forests and waterfalls etc. Makes for a great outing..
    I’ve been to the Opry, more than a few times. And you’re correct, while not a Country Music fan, I throughly enjoyed it. Saw Alison Krause perform there.

I wanted to get a room at the Gaylord Hotel, but rooms were way too costly for my taste. Hampton it is!
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,324

@driver100 said:

You are bringing up some bittersweet memories for me. I lived in Nashville in the 70's as a kid. We lived by the airport which put us 5 or 10 minutes away from Opryland when it was Opryland not some lame mall. Spent a lot of time there. Ah you can't go home again and if you try you find they put up a mall.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

@graphicguy said:
    Orange and Black together. I’ll be wearing a Boomer Esiason jersey. Look for me. Should be quite easy to spot. LOL!
    I’ve been to the Opry, more than a few times. And you’re correct, while not a Country Music fan, I throughly enjoyed it. Saw Alison Krause perform there.

I wanted to get a room at the Gaylord Hotel, but rooms were way too costly for my taste. Hampton it is!

my first several times to the Opry was at the old Ryman auditorium. That place had character that the new place doesn't have.

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,964
    It has been a while since I've been to Nashville, many good memories there. Opryland amusement park was fun, the wave pool a kick. I know that park no longer exists.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

A few minutes ago, I went into my profile here on this site to edit some things that were outdated and noticed that I received 3 ABUSES for three comments I made in late August and early September of 2021. The first post was about the window sticker on my G90 regarding 3 year "maintenance included" and the other 2 posts were about my nephew retiring from his current position in Raleigh and moving up to the Boston area to teach interns. There were no comments that I could determine would cause someone to give me an abuse check, none at all. So I have to assume the moderator(s) considered those three posts worthy of an abuse check or they would have removed them. Truly pathetic in my humble opinion, truly pathetic!

2021 Genesis G90

My wife’s parents celebrated their 50th anniversary at the Opryland hotel, and they invited their kids and their families.
    My wife and I fondly remember that as the Weekend of Hell.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

abacomike said:

A few minutes ago, I went into my profile here on this site to edit some things that were outdated and noticed that I received 3 ABUSES for three comments I made in late August and early September of 2021. The first post was about the window sticker on my G90 regarding 3 year "maintenance included" and the other 2 posts were about my nephew retiring from his current position in Raleigh and moving up to the Boston area to teach interns. There were no comments that I could determine would cause someone to give me an abuse check, none at all. So I have to assume the moderator(s) considered those three posts worthy of an abuse check or they would have removed them. Truly pathetic in my humble opinion, truly pathetic!

We've discussed this a number of times in the past. The consensus seems to be flags are too easy to mistakenly apply. I know I've had issues on mobile because it seems to be hidden just off the side of the screen but can be accidentally clicked. I don't think the mods have any notice about every flag, and maybe not the power to do away with them. ANYWAY, what does it matter? Nobody is handing out awards for having the least flags.

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,975
    edited January 2022
    @abacomike Mike don't worry about it, someone may have been having fun with you, or may have pressed the wrong button etc. When I got flagged about 5 or 6 times because I dared someone (that person will remain anonymous but his name rhymes with "cake" or "diesel") to flag me I was told by a moderator.....it doesn't count as anything or mean anything. I think it warns the mods to look, and if all is good nothing happens.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

edited January 2022
    Buying appliances these days is so frustrating.

A few weeks ago, we decided to get a new dryer before getting stuck without one, as the washer already went and the dryer was making some noise. Searching for the unit that matches our new washer because ... why not. Wound up buying direct from Whirlpool. Chose a delivery date at checkout and received a confirmation email. A day or 2 later, I get another email asking me to make a delivery appt? Huh? Fine. Went through another step and arranged that.

Fast forward to where I discover I screwed up and ordered the wrong unit. Call Whirlpool and, of course, the one we need is back ordered. I asked to just return this one. Ok, she makes me jump through all the hoops and then says I'll get an email to book the pickup. That email never comes. I email them and explain I never got the message to book the appt and to please send it. Couple of days go by and I get a response that I need to call. WHY?! Just send me the damned email! Couple of more days go by before I have time to call during their normal biz hours. I ask the woman for the first available pickup. She says "ok, you are all set for Tues 8am." I get off the phone and several hours later, I get an email asking me to set up an appt. WTH? So I have to book AGAIN.

Meanwhile, after searching around, I found a floor model of the correct unit at the Best Buy outlet about 45 mins away. Picked it up that same day and had it hooked up that night.

I should have learned. Last week, we want/need a new frig in the garage. I search around and decide to take one at Lowes that said it was in stock and I pay the extra $30 for them to take away the old one. I book delivery for 1/19. Last night, I prepared by emptying out the old one into coolers and boxes. Today comes and I heard nothing from anybody about our delivery. Huh. So I go to check the status and it tells me it isn't coming! WHAT?! But it was in stock and I booked the delivery and not once did anyone contact me to tell me they canceled the delivery and the item was NOW back ordered. Grrrrrrr.

Search around and, once more, Best Buy floor model to the rescue. Will pick it up tonight. Of course, then I'll have to pay someone to haul away the old one. sigh.

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,872
    qbrozen said:

Buying appliances these days is so frustrating.

A few weeks ago, we decided to get a new dryer before getting stuck without one, as the washer already went and the dryer was making some noise. Searching for the unit that matches our new washer because ... why not. Wound up buying direct from Whirlpool. Chose a delivery date at checkout and received a confirmation email. A day or 2 later, I get another email asking me to make a delivery appt? Huh? Fine. Went through another step and arranged that.

Fast forward to where I discover I screwed up and ordered the wrong unit. Call Whirlpool and, of course, the one we need is back ordered. I asked to just return this one. Ok, she makes me jump through all the hoops and then says I'll get an email to book the pickup. That email never comes. I email them and explain I never got the message to book the appt and to please send it. Couple of days go by and I get a response that I need to call. WHY?! Just send me the damned email! Couple of more days go by before I have time to call during their normal biz hours. I ask the woman for the first available pickup. She says "ok, you are all set for Tues 8am." I get off the phone and several hours later, I get an email asking me to set up an appt. WTH? So I have to book AGAIN.

Meanwhile, after searching around, I found a floor model of the correct unit at the Best Buy outlet about 45 mins away. Picked it up that same day and had it hooked up that night.

I should have learned. Last week, we want/need a new frig in the garage. I search around and decide to take one at Lowes that said it was in stock and I pay the extra $30 for them to take away the old one. I book delivery for 1/19. Last night, I prepared by emptying out the old one into coolers and boxes. Today comes and I heard nothing from anybody about our delivery. Huh. So I go to check the status and it tells me it isn't coming! WHAT?! But it was in stock and I booked the delivery and not once did anyone contact me to tell me they canceled the delivery and the item was NOW back ordered. Grrrrrrr.

Search around and, once more, Best Buy floor model to the rescue. Will pick it up tonight. Of course, then I'll have to pay someone to haul away the old one. sigh.

Ain't it great? It almost wants to make you spit.

Sadly this seems to be the norm any more.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

That’s why I decided to deal with the local guy to get the dishwasher we ended up cancelling. No nonsense like this. Just pick the unit, and if it isn’t in his warehouse, he just calls when it arrives and we set up a time for him to come over and install. No call centers or online hoops.

@graphicguy said:

WOW, with that jersey you’ve suffered long enough.

Good luck on game day.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,136
    That maintenance post was offensive! You should be ashamed!

Probably an accidental click.
    abacomike said:

I noticed some oil on the garage floor under the Explorer a few days ago. Checked it again today and it looked like there was more. Left it outside after going to CVS and sure enough there was a spot under it.
    Opened the hood and looked toward the bottom of the engine, can sort of see the oil filter which looks ok.
    Don't see anything obvious around the bottom of the engine.
    Then I see there is oil at the top on the engine cover, firewall and under side of the hood.
    The oil filler and dip stick are somewhat recessed in the engine cover but I can see they look wet.
    Turns out the dipstick wasn't completely seated, so I reseated it and cleaned everything up.
    I know I checked the oil recently, but not sure if it was before or after I got the oil changed.
    Will have to check it again in a few days.

Took a look an another annoying thing today, too.
    We got new appliances maybe 7-8 years ago.
    About 6 months ago, not sure why it took so long, the dishwasher started tipping forward
    when you pulled out the lower dish rack and it had some dishes in it.
    Turns out the dishwasher was never attached to the countertop or the side cabinets.
    I didn't have any parts to attach it to the countertop.
    There were also removeable plugs on the sides that looked like they where to attach it there.
    I decided to put a screw through the side after removing the plug, but it didn't work.
    Poking around in my tray of miscellaneous screws, nuts, washers, etc.., I found a piece, kind of a washer with a hollow stem, that looked like it would fit where the plug was.
    Perfect fit, maybe the "installers" dropped it or left it behind when they removed the old dishwasher.
    Problem was I didn't have a screw that would fit through the stem.
    I found one that was long enough but just slightly too big a diameter to fit.
    Ended up enlarging the stem diameter by forcefully threading a screw through it, then I was able to use that to attach to to the side cabinet. It doesn't tip forward any more.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    edited January 2022

Sorry

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,964

I saw this last night, poor lighting.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

Mean looking.

sda said:

I saw this last night, poor lighting.

Still want one of those. Mine would have matching wheels, however.

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,900

I ordered a new washer and dryer for the shore in November from Lowes. I was stunned that it came within a week and the delivery was on-time. I feel like I really lucked out.

RE: Nashville. Great place to visit for a long weekend. I went for a work thing and enjoyed it.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

driver100 said:

@abacomike Mike don't worry about it, someone may have been having fun with you, or may have pressed the wrong button etc. When I got flagged about 5 or 6 times because I dared someone (that person will remain anonymous but his name rhymes with "cake" or "diesel") to flag me I was told by a moderator.....it doesn't count as anything or mean anything. I think it warns the mods to look, and if all is good nothing happens.

I am just happy to help out. B)

I think those a slicks on the back.
    Also, a Kia Stinger in the background.

@tjc78 said:
    I ordered a new washer and dryer for the shore in November from Lowes. I was stunned that it came within a week and the delivery was on-time. I feel like I really lucked out.

RE: Nashville. Great place to visit for a long weekend. I went for a work thing and enjoyed it.

Lowes delivered our new washer and dryer. Like in your case, no issues.

@qbrozen said:
    Still want one of those. Mine would have matching wheels, however.

I would too.

The first thing I think of when I see mis-matches like that is the guys problem is he probably got his wheels at 2 AM and we all know there ain’t much light at that hour.

jmonroe

abacomike said:

More likely some ham fingers hit the wrong button by mistake. I can’t see anyone getting triggered by those posts unless they were really sensitive. I think someone gave me an ABUSE for posting a Scotty video once so who knows.

I have 3 abuse posts but some of those also the Likes or LOL's too. :p
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,078

More likely some ham fingers hit the wrong button by mistake. I can’t see anyone getting triggered by those posts unless they were really sensitive. I think someone gave me an ABUSE for posting a Scotty video once so who knows.

Well, when they're right, they're right. B)

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6