Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

does a nissan brand bedliner installed in a new frontier residualize on a lease?

Lurking_HammerheadLurking_Hammerhead Member Posts: 4
edited March 2022 in Nissan
If I lease a new Nissan Frontier truck that has a Nissan brand bed liner from the factory the residual is the same percentage as the rest of the truck. Does anyone actually know if the same Nissan branded bed liner is installed at the dealership prior to me leasing (dealer installed option) is there a "add" for the cost ...thru NIssan leasing or do I have to eat the entire cost of the bedliner.....(bed liner divided by number of lease months) many people will venture a guess but no one actually knows or have found it in print. Leases thru the banks almost all offer a certain add for dealer installed options.

Best Answers

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    Answer ✓

If I lease a new Nissan Frontier truck that has a Nissan brand bed liner from the factory the residual is the same percentage as the rest of the truck. Does anyone actually know if the same Nissan branded bed liner is installed at the dealership prior to me leasing (dealer installed option) is there a "add" for the cost ...thru NIssan leasing or do I have to eat the entire cost of the bedliner.....(bed liner divided by number of lease months) many people will venture a guess but no one actually knows or have found it in print. Leases thru the banks almost all offer a certain add for dealer installed options.

On the list of NMAC residualized accessories, I show “Bed Liner” at $300.

If that applies to the Frontier, that amount would be added to the MSRP, for purposes of calculating the residual. Regardless of how much you actually pay for it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    Answer ✓

Does the list show the ability to residualize the bed liner for both a retail and Trac lease or no distinction?

I don't see a distinction. But, I'm not a dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Answers

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316

If it's not listed on the Monroney sticker, it's not subject to residual.

Ergo, most dealer added accessories will cost you 100% on the lease payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Lurking_HammerheadLurking_Hammerhead Member Posts: 4
    Does the list show the ability to residualize the bed liner for both a retail and Trac lease or no distinction?