Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

SUV's with no Chips

MelsbratMelsbrat Member Posts: 1
edited May 2022 in General
Are there any SUV's out there (other than a Jeep Wrangler) that don't have computer chips or at least have minimal "driver assist" options? I know how to drive a car and appreciate the blind spot assist and the ability for hand's free calls. All the other stuff, I don't need or want any of these options. I want an SUV, not a computer on wheels. Any suggestions on options?
Tagged:

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,252
    Melsbrat said:

Are there any SUV's out there (other than a Jeep Wrangler) that don't have computer chips or at least have minimal "driver assist" options? I know how to drive a car and appreciate the blind spot assist and the ability for hand's free calls. All the other stuff, I don't need or want any of these options. I want an SUV, not a computer on wheels. Any suggestions on options?

I would imagine that any lower spec trim level of most SUVs have little or no driver assist options.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,662
    I agree, a stripper is the way to go but cars have been rolling computers for decades. Every one made has computer chips.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    The Wrangler has plenty of chips.
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,356
    Just buy a vehicle that lets you deactivate the nannies.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive